Camaros for Sale Post your Camaro for Sale.

[TX] 86 IROC-Z, Manual Trans & the Heartbeat of America - HOU, TX

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 11:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: Several
Engine: Several
Transmission: All six speeds
86 IROC-Z, Manual Trans & the Heartbeat of America - HOU, TX

Contact information
mikespeed95@gmail.com

Year

Make and model
Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

VIN
1G1FP87H7GL169725

Mileage
x34056

Transmission type
Manual

Title status
Clear

Asking price

Modifications
Yes

-----------------------------------------------------
Additional information and mods

I'm selling my most prized possession of them all. My 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z. Featuring a long list of factory options, this IROC features an upgraded camshaft, long tube headers, polished valve covers, and a NASCAR inspired 4-barrel carburator. This thing screams to life delivering an estimated 350 (That is 7 horsepower for each State in our Union) crank horsepower to the ground through a Tremec 5 Speed manual transmission, and also NASCAR inspired solid axle rear end.

The mythical engine powering this car may be a 305, it may be a 350. In the thirty years of this cars existence I am unsure if the engine has been swapped, the previous owner claimed it has a ''Built 350" but with all of that horsepower I just can't comprehend what's going on when the hammer is down so I am not sure. It seems as fast as a stock LS1 4th gen car, so I'd imagine around 350 crank. It does have a cam and some other upgrades, so that would be about right. It also could use some valve cover gaskets and TLC, and has a slight exhaust leak until it warms up.

The overall condition of the body of the car, you can tell it has truly lived. It has been partying through 17 Metallica album releases, and it shows. It has some small wrinkles and scars, but overall it's in decent shape for a 30 year old legend. It seems to have been resprayed at some point, but overall it's in fair shape for a third gen Camaro.

No noticeable rust spots, and the doors open and shut like a former Motel 6 front door that has turned into an off-brand hotel with ease, welcoming whoever may enter the adventures that await behind the wheel.

The interior, for being 30 years old, and driven, is in fantastic shape. The passenger and rear seats have no issues, with a small tear on the drivers side bolster from hurriedly hopping in the IROC to pick up some fine honeys awaiting from the open road. It also has T-Tops, so you can get in without the doors if the windows are down. They do not leak, but as usual on a third gen, they do have some issues around the weatherstripping, and there is rust in that area, although, again, they do not leak somehow and still seal up fine. The headliner is immaculate and a testament to the lack of leaks. The drivers inside door handle also does not work from the inside, but why would you ever want to leave anyways? Also this third-gen has an uncracked dash board. The Smithsonian just took their display dashboard back off of display, trust me these are hard to find like this.

The radio doesn't work, and why should it when you can hear the screaming sound of freedom ringing from the two stainless steel tail pipes providing an eight cylinder symphony with the blip of the throttle, which also causes the shifter to raise a little bit since the trans mount could probably be replaced, but just thing of it as amusement at full throttle. The IROC loves it, and wants you to know.

Those are most of the points I think are worth noting on the car. It also seems to want a new headlight switch, as the lights randomly come and go sometimes at night, but everything else works fine. If you HOLD the headlight switch this issue doesn't happen.

The suspension...well, this is a 30 year old Camaro, and if you could fly a magic carpet like Aladdin, except replace the carpet with a queen size mattress, then leave said mattress outside during the next hurricane, except that hurricane stalls out for 5 days, and THEN you go ride on this mattress that has been outside, I'd imagine it would be a similar experience. Suspension needs some attention, but you'll want to replace that anyways. Drivers front strut mount squeaks, and it drives like a 30 year old T-Top Camaro.

At this point your thinking "What kind of lazy dude sells a car needing a headlight switch and valve covers?". The same type of guy that buys this thing, then sells it a few months later because he changed jobs and literally is never home, and truly doesn't even care create time to mess with it. I bought it to turn into a track beater and teach my girlfriend how to autocross, rallycross, drift, etc, but just changed jobs, and I really need to focus on my 70 Camaro and 70 El Camino anyways. I have too many irons in this fire, and this little Iron Maiden needs to move along to the next proud American that will cherish her and the freedom that she brings to the open highway.

The bottom line is this. Dale Earnhardt Sr. had an IROC Camaro, it's about time you had your own too. And for $4500 US, you can!

Dales:

The one I'm selling, that could be yours:

Name:  e_zps239877d0.jpeg
Views: 198
Size:  171.9 KB

Name:  c_zps584846ef.jpeg
Views: 166
Size:  170.1 KB

Name:  hi_zpsee332905.jpeg
Views: 269
Size:  112.8 KB

Name:  image_52_zps0d79edf8.jpeg
Views: 130
Size:  162.3 KB

Here is a link to the photobucket album with the rest of the photos.

http://s6.photobucket.com/user/mikespeed95/library/IROC

If you're actually interested EMAIL ME at mikespeed95@gmail.com.

Thanks and have a great day. If you still see this listed, it's still for sale. Located in Katy, TX. Not really looking for trades, but feel free to try me via email.

Last edited by mikespeed95; 05-11-2014 at 11:56 PM.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:29 AM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 1991 Z28 convertible built 3/1/1990
Engine: Cammed 6.0L LSX
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: custom Ford 8.8", 4.10 gears
Re: 86 IROC-Z, Manual Trans & the Heartbeat of America - HOU, TX

Quite possibly the most gimmicky for sale ad I've ever read.
Old 05-18-2014, 08:57 PM

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Car: 91 RS/ 99 T/A/ 72 Vette/ 02 Z28
Engine: LSx/ Dart400
Transmission: M6/ M6/ TH400/ 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 4.10's / 3.08/ 2.73

Easily the most entertaining add in long time.
Free bump.
Old 05-19-2014, 02:31 PM

Thanks, I try to have fun with it.
Old 05-20-2014, 01:04 PM

Bump

Last edited by mikespeed95; 05-28-2014 at 12:48 PM.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:49 PM

So a guy wrote me a check for this which was no good, so still for sale.

Bump and price drop, $4000. 936.348.1923, need this out of my driveway so I can move to the North side of Houston.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:35 PM

Sold