DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

ADX File Tuner Pro

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ADX File Tuner Pro

Hi

I'm going to start off with an apology cause you guys have to keep answering these newby questions, thanks in advance.I posted this in the Tunerpro forum with no responces.

ok have a 89 vette with 165 computer and an ostrich, everything works fine and I have been modifying the easy things, fans,egr and vats disable etc...
I have been using the 1227165_6E ADS file and $6E XDF , I created the ADX from the ADS file. When I datalog with TunerPro, i dont see a lot of things to observe if that makes sense. when I use Winadl i get a lot more data to look at, Its not that im not receiving data from tunerpro, its just not a lot of things being monitored, Is that because of the ADX file im using? I think ive been reading that i need to use a different ADX file maybe like 32B or modify my existing ADX file to capture more data?

also when datalogging with Winaldl I need the 10k resistor to start the datalog If I take it out I disconnect, Ive read that I should be able to remove the 10k after connecting using Tunerpro and it should stay connected. True? What service mode am i actually in with 10K connected?
I have a raised idle speed, and i've read that the knock sensor is disabled but i do see it working with Winaldl anyway. like I said before I use Tunerpro for editing my bin and controlling the ostrich but have been using Winaldl to datalog because of the lack of data i see with tunerpro, I only see the dashboard which has o2 , speed, MPH, and i think IAC counts.

sorry this was so long

thanks again
Old 12-08-2016, 09:36 PM
Sponsor

Received 649 Likes on 573 Posts
Car: 1967 Camaro, 91 z28
Engine: Lb9
Transmission: M20
Axle/Gears: J65 pbr on stock posi 10bolt
Re: ADX File Tuner Pro

$6e adx is corrrect for 89 mask. When you connect to tunerpro the ecm needs to be in the 10k mode to start ecm datastream. Once connected remove the 10k resister. Running the engine in 10k mode locks timing as does you may get knock.
All ecm data can be viewed in tuner pro rt moniters. You can also modify the adx and add history tables.
In modifying the adx you can customize your dash view as well.
Old 12-08-2016, 09:42 PM

winaldl just seems to show so much more data, was under the impression I could somehow edit the adx file as to what data it would monitor, I understand I can add things to what the the dash shows, but it doesnt seem like they are there to add. as soon as I remove 10k I disconnect from the computer. I have to leave 10k in.
Old 12-09-2016, 03:42 PM

Received 215 Likes on 201 Posts
Car: check
Engine: check
Transmission: check

Originally Posted by zapc
winaldl just seems to show so much more data, was under the impression I could somehow edit the adx file as to what data it would monitor, I understand I can add things to what the the dash shows, but it doesnt seem like they are there to add. as soon as I remove 10k I disconnect from the computer. I have to leave 10k in.
I am going to go out on a limb a bit as I haven't verified this. The y-body cars have a Driver Information Center (DIC), that receives data from the ECM via the ALDL stream. My guess is that with an open AB the ECM is transmitting the DIC data via the ALDL. This is a short frame with fuel consumed and distance traveled.

Stick the 10K in there and it causes the ECM to go into diagnostic mode and it is now sending the standard 160 baud ALDL stream. This is when you get data. But with the side affects of being in diagnostic mode.

RBob.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:32 PM

Thats a very interesting thought , there is also a scalar that you can change (ALDL Spark Adder) that advances timing i believe 8deg when you plug in ALDL cable which causes idle to raise to 1200rpm or so. you can set it to 0deg so no idle or timing change. I have done this already, again I've read knock sensor is disabled with ALDL cable in but I do see sporadic Knock counts using WINALDL . But still hope somebody chimes in about modifying ADX or ADS file for mor parameters being captured,
Old 12-09-2016, 09:52 PM
Sponsor

What more data do you want ?
Old 12-10-2016, 12:07 AM

i dont have any of that, thats my point!! I believe thats dependant on the adx file.
Old 12-10-2016, 12:14 PM
Sponsor

Maybe you just need to right click on the monitor!
Old 12-10-2016, 10:12 PM

Nothing comes up on a right click. When i open tuner pro rt go to acquisition and then monitors i only get 3 or 4 things to monitor. Righr clicking on monitors doesnt give me anything
Old 12-10-2016, 10:58 PM
Sponsor

Here is $6e adx files that show items lists.
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?366-1227165-ECM-Information-6E