Exhaust Post your questions and suggestions about stock or aftermarket exhaust setups. Third Gen exhaust sound files and videos!

What causes one header tube to glow orange?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 03:59 PM
Supreme Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: A4
Axle/Gears: 3.23
What causes one header tube to glow orange?

What would cause the #7 primary header tube to be turning orange while the others are not? Engine idling at 1500. Headers are brand new. Just checking for leaks and curing the paint on the ypipe.
That tube is roughly 100 degrees hotter than the rest. Engine runs smooth.
Old 09-04-2016, 04:41 PM
Supreme Member

Re: What causes one header tube to glow orange?

Name:  IMG_7868_zpsirommjoc.jpg
Views: 3556
Size:  187.7 KB
Old 09-04-2016, 04:42 PM
Supreme Member

Name:  IMG_7870_zps4uizeg07.jpg
Views: 3000
Size:  187.2 KB

Name:  IMG_7871_zpstmbaitjy.jpg
Views: 3028
Size:  293.9 KB
Old 09-04-2016, 04:44 PM
Supreme Member

Plugs all looked the same when I pulled them to do the headers. Here is the #3 and #7 plug after noticing the #7 tube glowing. Both plugs look the same to me. Pulled #2 to compare.

Name:  IMG_7873_zpsd08f3bwq.jpg
Views: 3012
Size:  177.3 KB
Old 09-04-2016, 04:47 PM
Supreme Member

At some point in this cars past (previous owner) a handful of the injectors were swapped out for some reason. Not sure where those injectors came from or if they were even the correct ones. The engine is too hot right now to OHM them out so I will have to do that tomorrow and see what I get for numbers. Im only throwing this out there because I have heard of a few cases where a failing injector was the culprit for a glowing header tube.

This engine put down 224/301 for power a few months ago. I dont think Id be down a cylinder or have a serious issue with a cylinder with numbers like that on a bone stock 350 tpi engine

Last edited by BOTTLEDZ28; 09-04-2016 at 04:55 PM.
Old 09-04-2016, 05:25 PM
Supreme Member

Or am I just over reacting to this. Maybe the header tubes are thin walled and the car idling at 1500 rpms in the garage with no airflow will cause cause the headers to get really hot from no airlfow cooling them down?? I have to assume the worse because I have had nothing but problems with this car since I took delivery of it in January. Nothing has gone right on this car. its been frustrating. Car has 55K miles on it too
Old 09-04-2016, 06:09 PM
Supreme Member

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts
Car: 86 Trans Am, 92 Firebird
Engine: 408 sbc, 3.1L of raw power
Transmission: TKO600, T5
Axle/Gears: Moser 9", 3:70 trutac, 3:23 torsion

The cylinder is probably firing fine but its running very lean
. Could be a bad injector or an issue with the tune. No other reason for the tube to be glowing.
Old 09-04-2016, 06:16 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by //\\
The cylinder is probably firing fine but its running very lean
. Could be a bad injector or an issue with the tune. No other reason for the tube to be glowing.

Previous owner had a repair shop replace a few injectors, I found the slip in the car. Who knows what injectors were actually installed. I should just buy new injectors anyway since it been on my list. Car has 55K miles on it.

Last edited by BOTTLEDZ28; 09-04-2016 at 06:47 PM.
Old 09-05-2016, 04:13 AM
Supreme Member

Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts
Car: 1989 IrocZ
Engine: 421 Dart Stroker
Transmission: 4L60E Cahall Performance Built
Axle/Gears: Midwest Chassis Fab 9/ 3.55 gears

Originally Posted by BOTTLEDZ28
Previous owner had a repair shop replace a few injectors, I found the slip in the car. Who knows what injectors were actually installed. I should just buy new injectors anyway since it been on my list. Car has 55K miles on it.
Just replace the injector. If its glowing it will peel off the jet hot coat if you have one. Since you have to replace the injector look in the rail when. You take it off. You may have some debri if the car sat for a while before you bough it.
Old 09-05-2016, 09:24 AM
Supreme Member

Injectors OHMed out at 16.5 cold. I'll get a hot reading today and go from there.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:04 AM
Supreme Member

Just ran the car at idle for 5 minutes and header didn't glow. It is hotter than the others by 100 or so but so is the #8 tube. Might be because of a lack of airflow???
Either way, I check the injectors and all of them measured 16.6-16.7 ohms so the coils are functioning correctly.

I'm now wondering if there isn't a problem at all and it was just because I had the engine running at 1500rpms for 5 minutes with no airflow getting to the headers. Engine runs smooth as new.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:27 AM
Supreme Member

Received 176 Likes on 135 Posts
Car: 90 Formula / T-tops
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: MD8

What direction does coolant flow to that part of the head? Is it that last spot that is hit, or the first spot? Wonder if it has anything to do with coolant not reaching it, or super hot by the time it reaches that part of the engine?
Old 09-05-2016, 02:25 PM
Supreme Member

Just ran the car at idle for 5 minutes and header didn't glow. It is hotter than the others by 100 or so but so is the #8 tube. Might be because of a lack of airflow???
Either way, I check the injectors and all of them measured 16.6-16.7 ohms so the coils are functioning correctly.

I'm now wondering if there isn't a problem at all and it was just because I had the engine running at 1500rpms for 5 minutes with no airflow getting to the headers. Engine runs smooth as new.
Why were you running it at 1500? It should not glow? The finish on that tube is going to be ruined. Are you breaking in a new motor?
Old 09-05-2016, 02:38 PM
Supreme Member

I was trying to speed up the time it took for the ypipe to get hot enough to cure the paint on it. I didn't want the car running too long in the garage.
Old 09-05-2016, 06:22 PM
Supreme Member

Received 661 Likes on 471 Posts
Car: 1989 Firebird

I'm not gonna come right out and say it's your problem for sure , but the couple of times I've seen one pipe out of eight glow like that it was because the exhaust valve wasn't closing and was letting the fire out into the header tube that was intended to stay contained in the cylinder . A burnt exhaust valve , or one whose lash is set way too tight , can cause this and if this engine is recently rebuilt I'd be checking the valve lash especially on that cylinder's exhaust valve and a compression check would be well advised here also .

The tube glows because there is fire in it . When they all glow , retarded (late) timing causing still burning fuel to be pushed into the exhaust is a usual cause . When one glows , it's either the valve being open when it shouldn't or the injector , which BTW can be "stuck partially open" by a tiny chunk of debris , and put so much fuel to that cylinder that it's still burning come exhaust valve opening time , and read fine on an ohm meter . Maybe not so much fuel to mad foul the plug , but maybe just enough too much so that it burns in the pipe . The compression test and just for good measure a cylinder leak down test will tell you if the exhaust valve is letting the fire out too soon or not .....
Old 09-05-2016, 10:26 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 83 Z-28
Engine: 406
Transmission: TH350
Axle/Gears: 3.70

Originally Posted by OrangeBird
I'm not gonna come right out and say it's your problem for sure , but the couple of times I've seen one pipe out of eight glow like that it was because the exhaust valve wasn't closing and was letting the fire out into the header tube that was intended to stay contained in the cylinder . A burnt exhaust valve , or one whose lash is set way too tight , can cause this and if this engine is recently rebuilt I'd be checking the valve lash especially on that cylinder's exhaust valve and a compression check would be well advised here also .

The tube glows because there is fire in it . When they all glow , retarded (late) timing causing still burning fuel to be pushed into the exhaust is a usual cause . When one glows , it's either the valve being open when it shouldn't or the injector , which BTW can be "stuck partially open" by a tiny chunk of debris , and put so much fuel to that cylinder that it's still burning come exhaust valve opening time , and read fine on an ohm meter . Maybe not so much fuel to mad foul the plug , but maybe just enough too much so that it burns in the pipe . The compression test and just for good measure a cylinder leak down test will tell you if the exhaust valve is letting the fire out too soon or not .....
This guy knows. He beat me to it.
Old 09-06-2016, 05:19 AM
Supreme Member

The car has 55k miles on it and it made 224hp and 301ft/lbs of torque on the Dyno back in May. Engine is bone stock. I'm no master mechanic but wouldn't I be down in power if I had an issue with the exhaust valve?

I'm going to do a leak down test this wee and see if that helps me.
Old 09-06-2016, 06:22 AM
Supreme Member

The car has 55k miles on it and it made 224hp and 301ft/lbs of torque on the Dyno back in May. Engine is bone stock. I'm no master mechanic but wouldn't I be down in power if I had an issue with the exhaust valve?

Im going to say bad injector. You have one injector way too rich.If the motor has that low a milage. That means its been sitting a while. And the new gas is garbage. Does wonders to fuel parts. If you want to stay original take them out and send them to be refurbished. Or you can just get some holley injectors. They mirror the stock rochestor look. Although they hinted on a bad valve Id look at the fuel system first. Bad thing about a motor sitting a long time is the springs sit sometimes compressed.
Old 09-06-2016, 06:37 AM
Supreme Member

I'm going to call a couple places today that sells injectors and see what my options are. I do not want the stock Multec style injectors.
Old 09-06-2016, 05:53 PM
Supreme Member

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts
Car: '87 IROC
Engine: LB9
Transmission: TH700R4

I've had injectors with coil resistances in spec but have trouble with flow (pressure drop less than other injectors). This could cause a lean condition and a "hot" pipe.

Springs don't get "weak" by static compression for long periods of time; they wear out from being used.
Old 09-06-2016, 05:57 PM
Supreme Member

I just bought new injectors and gaskets. I bought Bosch III stock Multecs will go in the lake now.
Old 09-07-2016, 11:50 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by 94-6spd
This guy knows. He beat me to it.
Thank You 94-6spd .

Just so you know , I was listing the most common reasons for one pipe to glow and was not saying for sure that either your exhaust valve or your injector are bad . Although I've been around an engine or two and hold an FAA issued Airframe & Powerplant mechanic's license I'd never be so egotistic to go calling myself a "Master Mechanic" , once a person's ego gets that big there is no more room for any new knowledge in their head and all learning & personal growth stops .

I just bought new injectors and gaskets. I bought Bosch III stock Multecs will go in the lake now.
Many folks do ditch the stock Multecs and I agree with the premise of doing the swap as an upgrade , but I still think just for kicks I'd do the leakdown test , just to see if any leakage can be found that would account for too much fuel to be still burning in the pipe .
Old 09-07-2016, 05:19 PM
Supreme Member

I pulled the header today and took a peek inside the ports and the #7 exhaust valve is white. The other three are a dirty orange (rust) color. I will upload pics in a bit.

Old 09-07-2016, 06:28 PM
Supreme Member

Received 751 Likes on 577 Posts
Car: 1988 Trans Am
Engine: L03
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 10 Bolt 2.73 Open

Matches the glowing tube as a lean indicator, doesn't it.

One would "think" that injectors should take care of that, all else being equal (no intake leaks, etc. that could cause just one cylinder to go lean). No?
Old 09-07-2016, 06:39 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by DynoDave43
Matches the glowing tube as a lean indicator, doesn't it.

One would "think" that injectors should take care of that, all else being equal (no intake leaks, etc. that could cause just one cylinder to go lean). No?

My gut is telling me its something worse only because of the road I have been down with this car. I already ordered new injectors and I'm really really hoping that thats what the issue is.

I'm about to pull the TPI stuff off and replace it with aftermarket TPI parts but I'm not sure if I should buy those parts just yet. I'm worried that I may have a bigger issue here than a faulty injector. The car literally gives me anxiety
Old 09-08-2016, 08:48 AM

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Car: 1990 Trans Am
Engine: 5.7 350 HSR afr195 xfi268
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 3.08 posi

I would imagine injector... worst case you rebuild top end which would allows you to upgrade parts especially with winter just around the corner. Try not to worry, luckily you have sbc and worst worst case a whole running engine should be cheap and easy to find...if your luck was that bad
Old 09-08-2016, 09:45 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by maks10
I would imagine injector... worst case you rebuild top end which would allows you to upgrade parts especially with winter just around the corner. Try not to worry, luckily you have sbc and worst worst case a whole running engine should be cheap and easy to find...if your luck was that bad

Im praying its just a faulty injector. I just wish I could install new ones and run the car and know for sure that its ok now but with a valve that white, youd think the plug would look whitish gray and it doesnt. It looks just like the other plugs that have normal brownish colored valves.

The fact that the plug looked good AND the engine put down 224/301 on the dyno in April has me scratching my head now.

couple bits of info to add here:

---car has 55K miles on it. Engine is stock

---engine made 224/301 for power on a dyno in April. I put about 40 miles on car since then

--car reached 230 degrees for the first time on a drive home when outside temp was 98. First time its done that. PROM is modified to turn fan on at 180. I know these cars can be weird with cooling.

---engine will puff a small amount of bluish smoke on cold start up. Most likely valve seals.

--- engine now has white exhaust valve from same cylinder that the header tube started glowing on.

---I have not done a compression or leakdown test yet. No compressor for leakdown test and not sure a compression test would help me with a lean cylinder issue on an engine that still runs extremely strong.

--engine idles perfect and runs great. Well, it did prior to doing this header swap and SMOG removal.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:50 AM
Supreme Member

Im praying its just a faulty injector. I just wish I could install new ones and run the car and know for sure that its ok now but with a valve that white, youd think the plug would look whitish gray and it doesnt. It looks just like the other plugs that have normal brownish colored valves.

The fact that the plug looked good AND the engine put down 224/301 on the dyno in April has me scratching my head now.

couple bits of info to add here:

---car has 55K miles on it. Engine is stock

---engine made 224/301 for power on a dyno in April. I put about 40 miles on car since then

--car reached 230 degrees for the first time on a drive home when outside temp was 98. First time its done that. PROM is modified to turn fan on at 180. I know these cars can be weird with cooling.

---engine will puff a small amount of bluish smoke on cold start up. Most likely valve seals.

--- engine now has white exhaust valve from same cylinder that the header tube started glowing on.

---I have not done a compression or leakdown test yet. No compressor for leakdown test and not sure a compression test would help me with a lean cylinder issue on an engine that still runs extremely strong.

--engine idles perfect and runs great. Well, it did prior to doing this header swap and SMOG removal.
Change the injector and stop worrying about it. The more you overthink it, it will bother you more and more. My 363 has white valves like that. Nothing to worry about. Do you have underdrive pullies on the water pump? Did you try putting a fp gauge on the rail to see what the pump is doing?
Old 09-08-2016, 11:43 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by IROCZ1989
Change the injector and stop worrying about it. The more you overthink it, it will bother you more and more. My 363 has white valves like that. Nothing to worry about. Do you have underdrive pullies on the water pump? Did you try putting a fp gauge on the rail to see what the pump is doing?

No underdrive pulleys. I am installing a FP gauge this weekend so I can see whats going on. Hopefully my new injectors and AFPR will be here by the weekend too.

Just trying to decide if I should check current fuel pressure with stock regulator and injectors or just jump right into pulling the plenum and runners to do injectors and do the AFPR at the same time and just set the pressure I need. I would kind of like a baseline pressure test first though. Something to think about for the rest of my day.
Old 09-08-2016, 12:41 PM
Supreme Member

If you want some piece of mind before your injectors arrive, you can do a few things to keep you from over-thinking the issue.

http://forums.acuralegend.org/lets-p...jector+balance

Note Posts #7, #8 and #12. Yes, completely different circumstances but the tests are still valid in your case as far as testing individual injectors.
Old 09-08-2016, 01:06 PM
Supreme Member

No underdrive pulleys. I am installing a FP gauge this weekend so I can see whats going on. Hopefully my new injectors and AFPR will be here by the weekend too.

Just trying to decide if I should check current fuel pressure with stock regulator and injectors or just jump right into pulling the plenum and runners to do injectors and do the AFPR at the same time and just set the pressure I need. I would kind of like a baseline pressure test first though. Something to think about for the rest of my day.
If you have a screw on gauge its quick and easy to test the system. Id check for leakdown, see if the rail holds pressure. If not an injector may be leaking down or a bad fpr. Then check your running pressure.Either way Id check that first and then swap everything out. If you need a new regulator diaphram or base I have one lying around I think your local to me.Fuel does funny stuff when it sits in the rail along time.I know this is really bothering you as It would to me but Im sure its not anything major. I dont know if this was touched upon. Try switching the wires from an adjacent cylinder. Bad wire could be an issue too. The overheating is a symptom of retarded timing. Check to see if the est connector has come apart or dis has moved.

Last edited by IROCZ1989; 09-08-2016 at 01:10 PM.
Old 09-08-2016, 01:30 PM
Supreme Member

EST wire is connected and intact. Timing has never been messed with.

Plug wires are brand new will check them. Plugs all looked good

I have a new Holley regulator coming in. Thanks though

I'll check fuel pressure tonight.
Old 09-08-2016, 05:49 PM
Supreme Member

Compression test complete

All cylinders, minus #7, were 180psi. Cylinder #7 was 119 psi both dry and wet. Look like either a bad valve or possibly valve seat?

The car does puff blue smoke on a cold start up. Not much though.

Last edited by BOTTLEDZ28; 09-08-2016 at 06:02 PM.
Old 09-08-2016, 06:25 PM
Supreme Member

All cylinders, minus #7, were 180psi. Cylinder #7 was 119 psi both dry and wet. Look like either a bad valve or possibly valve seat?

I am sad but not surprised to hear this ....

I take no joy whatsoever here in being "right" , cause this situation sucks . It's just that I've seen it before and the logic of how a leaking valve could allow live fire to make it to the pipe does make sense , especially here . Now as to why it didn't run/idle poorly , you see since you still have 119 PSI compression in that cylinder it is still somewhat contributing power and so wouldn't display the skip a totally dead cylinder would .

If checking the valve lash doesn't indicate that it's too tight , the head is gonna have to come off ....
Old 09-08-2016, 06:58 PM
Supreme Member

I am sad but not surprised to hear this ....

I take no joy whatsoever here in being "right" , cause this situation sucks . It's just that I've seen it before and the logic of how a leaking valve could allow live fire to make it to the pipe does make sense , especially here . Now as to why it didn't run/idle poorly , you see since you still have 119 PSI compression in that cylinder it is still somewhat contributing power and so wouldn't display the skip a totally dead cylinder would .

If checking the valve lash doesn't indicate that it's too tight , the head is gonna have to come off ....
Thats a tough situation. If your gonna pull one head you might as well pull them both and do the seals and seats. I havent had a set done in a while but Id say between 4-600 for parts and labor from machine shop.You buy a low milage car and dont think this could happen. Did you do a compression test when you bought it? Maybe the previous owner did. Ive usually and friends of mine have used Reids in Whitman with good results. If you want to keep it stock then I would. Aluminum is always an option at this point if their off though. Even a set of RHS or darts too as they are close to the rebuild price. Since everything is off might as well go through all the gaskets and orings. I feel for you in this situation. If u need a hand lmk. Dont know if your still in Westport.I moved out to South Dartmouth.
Old 09-08-2016, 07:06 PM
Supreme Member

This begs the question.....is the bad valve/seat the root cause or just the result of some other problem?
Old 09-08-2016, 08:03 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by paulo57509
This begs the question.....is the bad valve/seat the root cause or just the result of some other problem?
I don't know. I changed the plugs in the car when I first bought it and didnt notice anything wrong with them. This could have been a problem that the previous owner knew about and this is why the car was sold or it could have just happened within the last 100 miles or so. The car didnt show any signs of having an issue. The average A/F ratio on the dyno was 13.1. Minimum was 12.7 and max was 13.7.

I do not know if a faulty injector caused a lean condition which caused the issue with the valve or seat or if this had been brewing for a while. I would not have noticed this if I didn't put headers on. The stock manifolds are a lot thicker material so it would have taken a lot more heat to get those suckers to turn red.

BTW, first crank pulled 70psi on the gauge.
Old 09-08-2016, 10:26 PM
Supreme Member

Thats a tough situation. If your gonna pull one head you might as well pull them both and do the seals and seats. I havent had a set done in a while but Id say between 4-600 for parts and labor from machine shop.You buy a low milage car and dont think this could happen. Did you do a compression test when you bought it? Maybe the previous owner did. Ive usually and friends of mine have used Reids in Whitman with good results. If you want to keep it stock then I would. Aluminum is always an option at this point if their off though. Even a set of RHS or darts too as they are close to the rebuild price. Since everything is off might as well go through all the gaskets and orings. I feel for you in this situation. If u need a hand lmk. Dont know if your still in Westport.I moved out to South Dartmouth.
The car came from Idaho and I had it shipped in. The money I got from the 383 engine sale paid for this car. Now I wish I had that engine still because I would just pull the heads off of it and use them.

If its going to cost me over $600 to have these heads freshened up then I might just spend more money and buy new AFR heads. I guess I will have to sleep on that for a while.

I am still in Westport. You still have that engine or did you sell it?
Old 09-09-2016, 05:13 AM
Supreme Member

The car came from Idaho and I had it shipped in. The money I got from the 383 engine sale paid for this car. Now I wish I had that engine still because I would just pull the heads off of it and use them.

If its going to cost me over $600 to have these heads freshened up then I might just spend more money and buy new AFR heads. I guess I will have to sleep on that for a while.

I am still in Westport. You still have that engine or did you sell it?
These cars usually all have seal problems. When I purchased mine in 96 at 50,000 miles I think around 60 it had the problem. So did a friends 86 with 70. I think its a valve problem. Seeing its making the same psi wet its not the rings.You are right about the header swap. You probly would have never known. I still do have that engine. I used to live on Old Pine hill , moved out to Dartmouth last year. Hopefully this can get fixed asap. I used to enjoy those cool fall days driving the camaro around.
Old 09-09-2016, 07:53 AM
Supreme Member

I dont think this car will see the road until next spring now. I now need to decide if I should just pull both heads and have them freshened up or if I should just buy new aluminum heads and do a cam at the same time. My wallet is telling me to just rebuild the heads and be done with it but my heart is telling me to buy go fast parts. I promised myself I wouldnt tear into this car when I bought it because it was a low mileage clean car and I just wanted to enjoy the drives in it. Look where I am now.. Same position I was in with my last car which I sung almost $20K into and only got 1 year of play time with it.

My weekend job will be looking for head options and getting prices on repairing these.
Old 09-10-2016, 02:23 PM
Supreme Member

Drivers side head is off. Cylinder 7 piston has a lot of black soot on it compared to the other 3 from the same side so this engine has had an issue here for a little while.

Would the black carbon/soot on the cylinder be an indicator of a failed injector that either leaked at one point and then totally stopped working all together?

I'm just confused because I have a cylinder reading 70 psi on the compression gauge dry and wet and I have a white exhaust valve and glowing header indicating a lean condition yet the piston being covered in carbon shows a rich condition.

Someone school here.
Old 09-10-2016, 02:24 PM
Supreme Member

Old 09-10-2016, 02:33 PM
Supreme Member

Now I'm debating if I should pull the passenger side head. Compression test on that side checked out. 190,179,180,180

I'm decided that I'm just having the head(s) freshened up. Not spending unneeded money on this car
Old 09-10-2016, 03:25 PM
Supreme Member

That looks more like oil to me.
Old 09-10-2016, 03:49 PM
Supreme Member

The car did puff smoke on start up so I know it needed new valve seals. Not sure if that would be the oil on the piston.
Old 09-11-2016, 02:35 AM
Supreme Member

If its wet and dry compression is the same its more than likley the rings are ok. The seals are gone that is a given because if you look at cylinder 5 it looks a tad sooty too . Remember you overheated the motor? That can make the valves swell and scuff the guides. If it was me Id either have the both heads compleatly rebuilt and go over your cooling system. The car looks new and has low miles but when stuff sits and no one is changing fluids you can have problems. All your seals are gone that is for sure.
Old 09-11-2016, 02:38 AM
Supreme Member

The car did puff smoke on start up so I know it needed new valve seals. Not sure if that would be the oil on the piston.
Yes its oil on the piston. Seals seal the valve from the vavletrain area of the head. Their is oil comming up the pushrods to oil the rockers. So there is oil under the valve cover. It is dripping down the valve.
Old 09-15-2016, 01:22 PM
Supreme Member

Well, I had the heads looked at by a local shop and they just called to say they were done. #7 exhaust valve was bent.
How that happened, I have no idea. So, the heads got new seals and a new valve.

I also sent out the OEM injectors to have them checked to see if any of them were bad. I havent heard back from Fuel Injection Connection.
Old 09-25-2016, 07:22 PM
Supreme Member

Any updates?
Old 09-25-2016, 08:16 PM
Supreme Member

Any updates?
I just finished putting the heads and intake back on. I had new valve seals installed and had to replace the #7 exhaust valve. It was bent. How that happened, I do not know. Im hoping I can get the valve lash adjustment done this week. Thats about the only thing that I have never done so it will take some time to do it while I read through the proper steps.

I went with the TPIS intake and SLP runners. I couldnt pass up the deal for $425 which included a complete spare TPI setup.

Quick Reply: What causes one header tube to glow orange?