Memorial Board Memorials honoring ThirdGen members and staff that we've lost over the years.

XENO DRGN - No Longer Posting

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2002, 01:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XENO DRGN - No Longer Posting

TO Everybody Out There:

This message is in regards to Xeno Drgn known to many of us as Erik Brackman. He was my best friend and will always be my best friend. . I don't know how to break this to everybody but he has been sick with pneumonia for the past week or so and just this morning October 18, 2002 Erik Brackman is no longer with us. He passed away this morning and will no longer be posting. He was a great moderator and a great person but more so than all he was the greatest friend one could ever ask for. He has taught me about life and maybe to some of you as well. He will always be remembered especially with this board. Should any of you feel the need to express any remorse to his family please feel free to contact me at Rvail@thiel.edu and I will make sure everything sent gets to his family. He was a good kid who knew more than somebody his age should have. We will all miss him.
Old 10-19-2002, 03:41 PM

Car: 86 IROC
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: 700r4
Sorry to hear that. My prayers for him, you and his family
Old 10-19-2002, 04:41 PM

Car: 86 Z28
Engine: 355 carbed
Transmission: t-5
Well here it goes. I just found out From Alex that Erik died. I just talkedto him about 2 days ago and he said he was getting better day by day. It really sucks to loose someone like him. I only met him Aug 10, 2002 down at Toms River at the gatering i setup. And since then we have talked about everything. He was one of my best buds to talk about cars with. I even met him at school and he followed me dow to the BBQ wehad at Duke Island State prk on Sep 18, 2002. After i burned my stak from leavin it onthe grill and going tolook at the cars he told me "don't worry next BBq I'll watch it for you so it doesn't happen" He was in Love with my car and every time i drive it i will think of how much he liked it. He would ask me for advise and everything about his car. He would let me know if there was somethng that i should know on this board and others of parts and things I told him i was looking for. He would be missed greatly by me. He was going to shool 20 mins from me and wanted to hang out and everything really soon aftr he got better. But i guess that will have to wait till I am gone. I am not a beliver in *** or anything like that but I do believe once you are gone you will be with fiends that made you happy when you were living. Could yu please send me his address whee his parents are so that I may send thm a card and a letter. E-mail it to me at twiztidz28@yahoo.com.

Erik you will be missed and always remembered by me. Sorry you had to go soon wen you had so much to live for. It sucks but you are i a better place and don't have to deal with the BS of this world anymore. May you find a new happiness where you are.

Your Camaro Buddy,
Chuck Gialloreno
AKA Twizidz28
Old 10-19-2002, 05:11 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 2000 astro
Engine: 4.3
Transmission: A4
Axle/Gears: 7.5 with 3.42 gears
Oh man...

I had yet to meet Erik, and was hoping to get the chance to do so at Mark's thirdgen meet next year.

I guess it isn't going to happen now.

From what I knew of him, Erik seemed like a good person to talk to, and loved thirdgens. He'd always joke with me about taking my 305 off my hands if I ever got tired of it.

Let's remember our friend Erik always. We'll catch you on the flip side, buddy

robertg
Old 10-19-2002, 05:42 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1988 Trans Am GTA
Engine: 5.7 TPI (Now HSR)
Transmission: 700R4 by Probuilt
Axle/Gears: 3:27 9 Bolt Posi W/ Discs
Ive personally never had the pleasure of talking to him myself, but its always sad to see one of our own leave us. All my best wishes go out to his friends and family.
Old 10-19-2002, 05:48 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1989 IROC-Z
Engine: 383 stroker
Transmission: 700R4 3500 stall, TransGo shift kit
Axle/Gears: Moser 9", 4.11:1
I never talked with him or anything, but I know him from the boards and it's still very sad any time something like this happens to anyone, especially a person you see posts by. I'm really sorry to hear about the loss, and my prayers are with him, his family, and his friends.
Old 10-19-2002, 05:58 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by meridius
Ive personally never had the peasure of talking to him myself, but its always sad to see one of our own leave us. All my best wishes go out to his friends and family.
Very well put... I don't know what else to say
Old 10-19-2002, 06:24 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: Check The Sig
Ah, it took me some time to write here...
I knew erik and he was a good man. It was always fun to talk to him on line and hang out with him in Toms River. Im upset now that he is gone. It really hit me hard cause he was a good friend of mine. This is all happening really fast and i still cant get over it... I wish i could of talked to him one more time, face to face... he was an awsome guy... and a good friend. RIP my friend... My condolences go out the family....
Old 10-19-2002, 06:29 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1984 Trans Am
Engine: GMPP 350 V8
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.23
Wow, what a shame

I never got to speak with Erik, but I crossed paths with him several times at E-town and at the BBQ. He was obviously a great person and will be missed.
Old 10-19-2002, 06:31 PM
Supreme Member

i only talekd to erik online a few times. he was a fun loving and car passionate guy. i knwo personally what it feels liek to lose a best friend. my heart goes out to you and erik's family in dealing with this.
if you need or his family need anythign please let us know. many of us are only a short drive away and coudl be there in no time.

later
tim
Old 10-19-2002, 07:13 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1991 Corvette Coupe
Engine: L98
Transmission: 700R4/4L60 same trans different name
Old 10-19-2002, 07:39 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1991 Corvette Coupe
Transmission: 700R4/4L60 same trans different name
words CAN NOT express how i feel right now

but i can atleast try

last time i saw erik was this past sunday

he came to my house to pick up a set of vortec heads i had gotten for him

i was just begining to become really good friends with erik

he was great- he was funny, smart, and had a cool to his attitude

RIP
Old 10-19-2002, 08:09 PM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 2018 Camaro SS
Engine: LT1 w/Paxton 1500SL
I really don't know what to say, then again there are no words that can be said or typed that will change any of this...

I'm very sorry for the family and the friends our fellow thirdgenner has left behind...may he rest in peace, but rest assure where ever he is he's burning rice and mustangs right beside us.
Old 10-19-2002, 08:10 PM
Supreme Member

Also, may I suggest to Mark, at the gathering we have a little something since he was part of the NE region and would've been in attendence...
Old 10-19-2002, 09:36 PM

Car: 88 IROC
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: T5
I may not know him all that well....i only had the opportunity to talk to him a couple of time.......but i know how it feels to lose a friend. He will be missed.
Old 10-19-2002, 10:15 PM
Supreme Member

We must have a dedication to him at the big meet.... He would of had a great time.... I miss seein him sn on line.... he will be missed... we should have a moment of silence for everyone we lost that was a part of TGO ....
Old 10-19-2002, 10:31 PM
mss

ya know , i went to school with erik (aka brackman) for a while , i never got to know him , but this does come as a shock . my thoughts go out to him and his family
Old 10-19-2002, 11:38 PM

i am very shocked right now i just read these posts. i met xenodragon at the barbeque and was happy to meet such a great fellow camaro lover. he had many great plans for his car and im sure he is out cruzing in his dream camaro somewhere right now. it seemed lik e yesterday i was looking in my rear view making sure he got to 78 east. well im glad i got the chance to hang out with him that day at the barbeque and he will be missed. my regards to his family and freinds, rest in peace buddy
Old 10-20-2002, 01:35 AM

Car: 1983 Camaro "SC-350"
Engine: Mild 350 4-bolt
Transmission: 700R4 w/ TCI Stall
I never had the chance to talk to him, but I'm sure he was a great guy! My prayers go out to the family and friends. Rest in peace fellow thirdgener!
Old 10-20-2002, 01:38 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 91 firebird now
Engine: 305
Transmission: 5 speed
Im very sorry to hear this, I feel even worse because I never talked to him once. But I wish his family well and I hope he is off in a better place. Probably in heaven talking about cars right now and telling everyone up there about all the great friends he has made.
Old 10-20-2002, 11:57 AM

Car: 1985 Trans Am
Transmission: 5 Speed
my prayers go out to him and his family.
Old 10-20-2002, 05:34 PM

erik was a good friend..he was my site administrator and a sweet honest and caring person he will be very missed
Old 10-20-2002, 06:21 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 99 Formula
Engine: LS1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 342
OMG, I'm so sorry for those that knew him. I never met him and was looking forward to meeting him next yr, I've talked to him on here and AIM, right now it really brings tears to my eyes about this.

I'm glad he had close friends on here to tell us about this.
Old 10-20-2002, 06:28 PM
Supreme Member

mark, i will talk to u on line about having a moment of silence at the meet next year.... we should have it also for GTA palidin, sorry if i misspelled his sn....
Old 10-20-2002, 06:37 PM
Supreme Member

all i have to say is wow! that is a ****ing big shock. Mark imed me just few mins ago and had a link to a post on here and i was think oh great another reminder of the huge meet where ever its goin to be but then i went to the top of thi page and read that erik passed. i was like no way. erik was cool as hell, i talked to him only and chatted with him at the bbq at duke island park. he was pretty cool and sounded like he had his mind set on what he wanted to do to his car. but that is a shock to find out that he passed, that really sux, i even chatted with him online about stuff for my web site that he was trying to help me with, well we all will miss him, really does suck that we wont see him online or on TGO anymore.

also i remeber after the bbq and i osted pics from it erik used a good shot of the hole group of fbodies and he put it in his sig and i was like damn thats a good shot.
Old 10-20-2002, 06:58 PM

i will from now on have a tribute to him in my Signature
Old 10-20-2002, 07:09 PM

well, i met erik at the 3rd gen bbq and he instantly became a good friend of mine. He was a great guy and i am shocked. I really hope that this isn't a trend. No one else better die on this site. Best wishes to Erik and his family. This will take some time to get over.

~Matt
Old 10-20-2002, 07:33 PM
Supreme Member

Hey guys, lets get something together this weekend.. his service is this saturday... if u can make it, get to etown raceway, and put his name and his SN on the hatch... we all gotta run or at least show up... from there we can go to the service and pay our respects..... we can go to my house to change after the track.... if it sounds good.. let me know so we can see whos goin... aight fellas... track opens at 9am... ill see u guys there...
Old 10-20-2002, 07:46 PM
Supreme Member

im really hoping to make it to the track this saturday and wouldnt mind driving to toms river for his service. just driving home would be my problem becuz i dont know that area at all. all i know how to get to is etown and get home. if anyone else is goin from my area maybe i could follow u back or maybe follow someone back to the etown location and i would be fine from there.

also depends on the weather, if its bad weather i wont be able to make it no where

ya know i hate it when i mention weather becuz after i posted this i went and checked the weather on aol and it says its goin to rain on friday and saturday and be like 59* outside.

is there a address i can send something to erik's family or to the funeral home where he's at so i can send some thing to at least show i wish i was there. thanx
Old 10-20-2002, 07:57 PM
Supreme Member

https://www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/sho...hreadid=139200 go there to continue the meet for erik....
Old 10-20-2002, 09:21 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1990 IROC
Transmission: TH700-R4
oh man, i just got back from virginia when matt86t/a called me and told me about eric. like matt, i met him at the BBQ. we talked online occasionally about anything related to 3rd gens. i also was with him on fbodyhideout.org. he was a awesome kid who had a positive attitude about everything. i give my best to his family and friends. we'll miss you eric
Old 10-20-2002, 09:22 PM

I regret to say that I never knew Erik. It seems as though he was very well loved and respected. ._.

He is happier now where he is, and he is no longer ill. I know that is a small amount of comfort, however, for the people who knew him and knew of him. But still, it's something....

"There's an open gate at the end of the Road
Through which each must go alone,
And there, in a light we cannot see,
Our Father claims His own . . ."

My thoughts and prayers are with family and friends.

I will go out and revv my car in his memory.
Old 10-21-2002, 07:38 AM

anyone who is intrested in going to the englishtown meet, please refer to the post above, and reply if your intrested in going, even if you dont plan to race, we would still like to see all your faces there. thank you.
Old 10-21-2002, 08:52 AM

I posted with him a couple of times. I never got to meet him, but too post with him was always a pleasure! He was a great guy! He will aways stay in our hearts, we will never forgett him!
Blackknight
Old 10-21-2002, 03:30 PM

My condolences go out to his friends & family.
Old 10-21-2002, 04:27 PM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 1986 Firebird
Engine: 2.8 V6
Transmission: 700R4
Geez, losing GTAPaladin was bad enough, now finding out that someone I spoke to regularly is gone... for the second time in a month, I don't know what to say. ... I mean, this is like an extended family here... even on my shttiest day, I know I can come on thirdgen.org, read & post a few messages, and be cheered up. I can't think of one time that I came online mad, and left mad. To realize that one of the people who helped make this club into a family is gone feels very unreal. In our own way, you and I and the next guy and all our 18,000 members make this board into what it is, a place where we're always welcome. But even though Erik's gone, he hasn't left our club, and never will. And personally, from what I saw of him here, he was a good guy, never started any trouble here, and he was well liked. Erik, you'll be missed, buddy! Drive on! And my condolences go out to his family & close friends, as well as all of us, too. That time of the Bridgewater, NJ meet, I said to myself, "well, I can't make it this time, but it doesn't matter, I'll go next year." Apparently I was wrong, and that's a shame.

I wonder if there can be a tribute notice off the main thirdgen.org page for both Xeno and GTAPaladin...?
Old 10-21-2002, 04:33 PM
Supreme Member

May I also suggest his name stays as one of the Moderators on this board....
Old 10-21-2002, 04:40 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by TomP
I wonder if there can be a tribute notice off the main thirdgen.org page for both Xeno and GTAPaladin...?
check the suggestion forum, in one thread i mention it, I think it's a good idea.
Old 10-21-2002, 09:57 PM
Supreme Member

yea... i posted in the sugestion board about that...
Old 10-22-2002, 12:14 AM

Was he taking medication???? Don't Pneumonia clear up??? Especially in an 18 yr old! Was he in the hosptial?

R.I.P.
Old 10-22-2002, 07:38 AM
Supreme Member

it turns out it was not pnemonia, but a blood clot... It seems that they both have the same symtoms. he was on meds, and yes he got a chest xray... he was on his way to get the xray when he passed.....
Old 10-22-2002, 08:23 AM

one thing about Eric..he never ever had a bad word to say about anyone..thats what made him such a good person and friend. i dont understand why this happend to someone so young..i talked to him online thursday night as usual..this is still shocking...he was really happy when i made him administrator of my site, he wanted to help make the site big...*** i feel like im gonna cry again......
Old 10-22-2002, 12:04 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 2005 BMW 545i
Engine: 4.4L N62B44
Transmission: 6spd auto
Axle/Gears: Rotating
I don't even know what to say here

he will be missed as well as Thanos.

I remember talking to xenodrgn a few times on the forum and he always seemed to be a nice guy. why do we have to lose another one
Old 10-22-2002, 05:53 PM
Supreme Member

I just heard the news and wanted to send my thoughts out to his family and the members here. It seems that over time talking to other members here on the site it seems we build a circle of friends whom we talk to on a daily basis. During this process we tend to bond to each other like a family and when we lose one of our family members it's tragic to all of us. Rest in peace Eric.

John
Old 10-22-2002, 07:13 PM

Hello all... This is Erik's long time girlfriend. And I would like to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all the kind words you all had to say about him. They were all very true. And I would just like to say that he loved coming to this site (hell it was the only one he was ever on), and he loved all of you guys. He was looking forward to this meeting in Maryland next year soooo much, all I ask is that at this meet next year, you guys remember him, you know he will be there, and you all know that now he has the most bad *** car and will be able to kick all your asses. Thank you so much. I really wish I wouldn't have to have ever posted anything like this. Sincerely, ~*Lauren*~ :rockon: <---- Both his favorites
Old 10-22-2002, 10:13 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by Tweek
Hello all... This is Erik's long time girlfriend. And I would like to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all the kind words you all had to say about him. They were all very true. And I would just like to say that he loved coming to this site (hell it was the only one he was ever on), and he loved all of you guys. He was looking forward to this meeting in Maryland next year soooo much, all I ask is that at this meet next year, you guys remember him, you know he will be there, and you all know that now he has the most bad *** car and will be able to kick all your asses. Thank you so much. I really wish I wouldn't have to have ever posted anything like this. Sincerely, ~*Lauren*~ :rockon: <---- Both his favorites

You better believe we'll do something for him.
Old 10-22-2002, 10:51 PM
TGO Supporter

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh my g0d....

Lauren, you're a strong girl to come on here and post. My heart goes out to you as well as Erik. I had no idea any of this had happened until RobG told me a few minutes ago... Christ. shlt.

I don't really know what to say..

Mark says it best. we'll do something for him.
Old 10-22-2002, 11:43 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 2000 astro
Engine: 4.3
Transmission: A4
Axle/Gears: 7.5 with 3.42 gears
yeah.

i ****ing hate being the bearer of bad news. cayse had no clue what was going on.

but yes, we're definitely doing something for erik.
Old 10-22-2002, 11:49 PM

I have just heard about both incidences just now. GTA paladin, I knew a little bit, and Xenodrgn I knew more. Xenodrgn helped me out with some questions I've had about different things. He also was interested in purchasing my IROC. He was a very nice person, he tried not to offend anyone. I think having something in honor of each of them, is due in respect to them. My condolences go out to their families, friends, and everyone who took part in their lives. Lauren, I have to give you great respect for coming on here and speaking on behalf of your boyfriend, that must be really hard to do. There really should be an honorary type board on here, in which we could all sign in some way. These are rough times for us all, but I suppose it was their time. Rest in peace.
-Tom
Old 10-23-2002, 12:50 AM
Supreme Member

Hey lauren, its alex... i wana know how ur feelin.. please IM me at BigAls87Z28... just like this sn.... it would be good to talk to u again... to see how ur doin....

Quick Reply: XENO DRGN - No Longer Posting