Theoretical and Street Racing Use this board to ask questions about street racing, discuss your street races, and "who would win?" questions. Keep it safe.

Need thoughts and input on build

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 10:28 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 1984 z28
Transmission: Viper prepped LT1 T56
Axle/Gears: strange s60 4:10 locker
Need thoughts and input on build

In the planning stages of my build and looking for thoughts and opinions from others. looking to run tens with this build all motor no power adders. that being said ill list my build plan thus far.

Car:
84 z28 coupe

Chassis:
6 point cage
all sphon mild steel tubular suspension and bracing, front and back, top to bottom.
10 bolt rear with summit racing 3:73. upgraded axles. detroit locker. fully welded center section to axle tubes. supported/braced center section.
qa1adjustible coil overs front and rear.
will be running sway bars.

Body/Interior:
Stock body and smc hood.
Full weight damn near minus spare tire jack assy., back seat and sound detioning. power windows and locks with air conditioning.

Engine/Trans:
5.3 lm7 iron block.
Stock bore and stroke.
Stock crank with polished counter weights, crossdrilled, chamfered and "race" ballanced.
eagle h beams with ballance checked and weight matched.
Speed pro hyper flat tops with dfl skirt coating and pistion face heat coating. might run forged pistions with same coatings, on the fence.
check that tdc is at deck hight or above to maximize compression and quench.
stock ported/polished 856 heads with over sized stainless valves and ti hardwear. comp bee hive springs. gmpp world cup cam, 239/251 duration @.50 and .570 lift with 106* lobe center line.
victor jr. intake port matched to heads and fully polished. Msd ignition set up.
quick fuel 850cfm or bigger if needed quick fuel mechanical secondary carb.
Hawks third gen "budget" swap long tubes with 3in collector and full 3in true duals with dynomax welded ultra flos. pipes ran under axle out the back.
built d&d or gforce t5 trans with spec clutch set up and stock weight flywheel. mated to a aluminum drive shaft.

i hope to get some good feed back and insight. Hopefully im in the ball park of tens with a car of this caliber. if i need to make the car lose weight ill do what i can. aluminum bumper bars are always a option along with meny other goodies.

ill be running 8.5 slicks at track with skinnys up front. forged aluminum wheels to keep down on unsprung rotational weight along with the lightest brake set up i can run that will hold up to street abuse. was thinking about the wilwood drag disk brake set up front and rear but not sure how solid slotted rotors will do on street. Any input on that would be nice as well. hoping for some good feed back on this. thanks for reading!
Old 05-29-2015, 12:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: Mustang
Engine: Iron head 3.1
Transmission: Muncie 4 speed
Axle/Gears: 3.65 gears
Re: Need thoughts and input on build

what class
Old 05-29-2015, 06:10 AM

I dont really plan on any class racing but i may or may not bracket race the car. I'm more of a friday night lights, test and tune and street racing guy. i just wanna build my car and if i bracket run where it qualifiys. dont know alot about bracket and my knowledge of class is minimal. i think that any class i would qualifiy for run wise and for the way the car is built i would get killed lol
Old 05-31-2015, 08:20 PM

Can somebody please move this to organized drag racing section please, I do not want to double post and I feel ill get better response there. Thank you!