Parts for Sale 2006 Keep it Third Gen related please!

custom made rear view mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: '97 30th SS, '89 IROC-Z
Engine: LT4, LT1
Transmission: T56, 4L60E
i know you do the wires but he said when someone shines their brights on you the mirror tilts a little, thats what it does but yes it is mostly for looks. my post wasnt directed toward anyone in particular, was just stating that people should lay off him a little
Old 11-09-2005, 08:52 AM

Car: 86 IROC
Engine: 5.0
Transmission: 5 speed
wiring/anntena

I am figuring out the wiring. Not to worry. Will post when I am done figuring it out. As I said this is a hobby for me so its not like im a brain scientist. It does what I said it does previoulsy. The mirror tilts to dim lights when they hit it. The dial is to set the sensitivity. The switch is to turn on/off power. The little light is to tell you the power is turned on. Not rocket science. I just need to find the rest of the components. Like i said i am not marketing. If i were have to buy this mirror brand new from the factory with the wiring betcha it would cost hella more than $150 Canadian. PRetty sure this mirror when it working properly is automatic when the power is turned on. By this i mean it tilts a bit inside its casing depending on what sensitivity you have set the dial for.

By the way does any one want to see a pic of the CUSTOM PHATTY ANTENA I made ? (out of my old base.) By phatty i mean its wider than a pencil in width and shorter than a pencil in height. Will take me time to take pics as have to go to the camaro. Its under serious construction.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:47 PM

Car: 1986 Trans Am
Engine: 5.7L TPI
Transmission: T5
i'm not too big on antennas, i like the more shaved look on the fenders, but i'm curious to see how yours came out.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:46 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1994 Trans Am
Engine: LT1
Transmission: Auto
Axle/Gears: 3.23
Irocstang, so the mirror will dim if supplied power? Where do you get the mirrors from? I would love to have an auto dimming mirror. My GTP had one and it was awesome, one of the best features to have with all these jacked up SUVs driving around with stadium headlights.

And by dim does it actually dim or just tilt? I'm not ragging on you at all, just curious.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:38 PM
Jay
Supreme Member

Car: 88 IROC
Engine: 5.7 RamJet
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: Dana44 4.10
My 87 IROC came with the same mirror, they were a factory option.. I forget the RPO code.

It has an on/off and sensitivity setting. It doesn't "dim", but just changes the angle like a convential mirror does.. at least if it's a thirdgen setup. I know that GM offered some on other newer models that actually dim, as in change the tint.

Personally I hated it when I got my car, but then I got so used to it, when I would drive something that didn't have it, I would get annoyed that I had to flip the mirror myself

I could dig up the wire diagram.. i think it just ties into the dome light circuit IIRC
Old 11-09-2005, 02:54 PM

Car: '94 Z28
Engine: LT1 350
Transmission: 4L60E/A4
Originally posted by Project
Yet his figures would not be in american they would be in canadian currency?

Still he would net $75 canadian dollars, thus doubling his money-
You, Project, obviously have no idea about currency, math, business, maturity, or respect. So the man is asking a lot (by your standards) for the thing. Shut your mouth about it and do not say anything. I am very shocked a mod has not come in here and cleaned or deleted this thread. He is not making a $75 canadian dollar profit. He is making a $25 canadian dollar profit. That makes about $18 american or somewhere around there. The man is actually probably getting close to a dollar an hour to make these things, including the time it takes to find the mirrior.

I think this should go for everyone: stop replying in this thread and leave it alone. Let irocstang start a new thread and do NOT give him crap. If it is not related with buying one, do not post.

Zcrossfire
Old 11-09-2005, 03:04 PM

To Jay

Would like it if you could dig up the wiring diagram. That would be awsome. My Iroc is an 86 and i found the mirror in the cubby hole in the trunk when i bought it. Did not think it was a stock option but then again maybe it was. If one has the rp code or whatever code it is how can one look it up on the internet. I have a code on one (witten on the mirror)i bought from the wrecker. I also have the patent # from inside the mirror. I am in contact with the distributer. Maybe you can point me in the right direction. Ill post when i finally figure it out.

Thanks
Old 11-09-2005, 03:15 PM

Car: 1986 Camaro z28
Engine: 305 tpi/light mods
Transmission: 700r4/ B&M mega shifter
I'll co-sign for that
(my 86 z28 came with the mirror its pretty cool,and yes they are rare)
Old 11-09-2005, 06:49 PM

Yes those mirrors are are a rare option in these cars.I have one in my 86 iroc.It has a photo sensor that senses lights from someone behind you and automatically tilts the mirror to the night setting.It is an amazingly complicated piece of hardware that if it's working right,works like a charm.Whenever you have someone who gets too close,the photosensor senses it and automatically flips the mirror into the night position.When the idiot tailgating you goes away it automatically flips back into the normal position.They have a couple of belts in there that need to be changed as they get old and start slipping.Actually the mirror would have been woth far more if he had just left it alone,as they are pretty rare.Painting it blue pretty much trashed it's value.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:54 PM

well whatever

When u get them used and theyre all scuffed up it makes sense to paint them cuz if you dont they look horrid. At least the paint makes them interesting and makes them look new. Ponder that.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:58 PM

Car: '94 Z28
Engine: LT1 350
Transmission: 4L60E/A4
Re: To Jay

Originally posted by irocstang
Would like it if you could dig up the wiring diagram. That would be awsome. My Iroc is an 86 and i found the mirror in the cubby hole in the trunk when i bought it. Did not think it was a stock option but then again maybe it was. If one has the rp code or whatever code it is how can one look it up on the internet. I have a code on one (witten on the mirror)i bought from the wrecker. I also have the patent # from inside the mirror. I am in contact with the distributer. Maybe you can point me in the right direction. Ill post when i finally figure it out.

Thanks
If you have the RPO code already you can look here for a decoding of it. It's about 2/3-rds down the page.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:06 PM
Banned

Car: 82 White Stock Camaro
Engine: 2.5 151 TBI
Transmission: 4 Speed Manual
here is one.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/86-87...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 11-09-2005, 09:28 PM

Car: 1991 Trans-Am
Engine: 350 TPI (SLP mods from factory)
Transmission: 700 R4 (built with 2500 stall)
Axle/Gears: 3.23 Disc Posi
Word for Iroc

Iroc I am sorry people are busting your chops on this mirror thing. I personally feel if you could figure the wiring out for it and could sale a pig tail wiring harness and instructions to it, then it would sale better, and sale for more.

As for your pricing:

I am not sure how currency between Canadian money and American money works. If someone sends you $70 in AMerican money, do you turn it into Canadian money...and then you in turn have $100 in Canadian? If not then you will be losing $5 per mirror, and that just wouldn't be cool for you.

Anyways good luck with the product and I will keep checking in to see if you have the wiring part figured out, then I will look into buying one....cause I would not mind having an auto DIM.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:10 PM
Banned

Car: 82 White Stock Camaro
Engine: 2.5 151 TBI
Transmission: 4 Speed Manual
Here is another one to refinish, its pretty cheap and no bids.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/82-92...12563510QQrdZ1
Old 12-12-2005, 11:58 AM

make them yourselfs

if anyone wants instructions on how to make these yourselfs just ask. I got all the info/part #s and direction how to make them....