Aftermarket Product Review Provide questions and answers about aftermarket parts for the Third Generation F-Body.

Engine Parts Center & Rol Gaskets

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 09:37 PM
Supreme Member

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts
Car: '87 IROC
Engine: LB9
Transmission: TH700R4
Engine Parts Center & Rol Gaskets

EDIT: Sorry, Mods. This should have been posted in the Aftermarket Vendor Review Section. Please move as required....

A huge to Richard of Engine Parts Center (acksonville, FL) and Rol Gaskets.

I've been looking for some time for some gaskets for my SLP Tri-Y headers.

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/engi...collector.html

SLP really didn't want to get involved, but they were nice enough to give me the manufacturer and their part number.

I called Rol Gaskets and verified that the part number that SLP provided was still available, but they weren't setup to handle "cash" sales. They told me that I would have to go through a retail outlet that had access to a warehouse/distributor that handles Rol products. Rol couldn't provide me with a specific retailer (I could have worked backwards if they were willing to provide me with a distributor's name).

Frustrated because I knew the gaskets existed but out of reach, I tried to locate someone that sold Rol gaskets. Just for laughs, I searched ebay for "Rol Gaskets" and a bunch of listings popped up. Some sellers had e-stores, so I navigated to their store fronts.

In their "about me" section, Engine Parts Center (DBA, Falcon Sales) stated that if you can't find something to give them a call.

Richard put me on hold while he contacted Rol for availabiity. I ordered 10 of them.....a lifetime supply for me. Richard called back 15 minutes later to tell me that the gaskets were on two week back order. I've been there before....back-order means I'll never see anything and if I do, it'll be months later. I told him to place the order anyway.

The gaskets showed up today

Last edited by paulo57509; 02-19-2009 at 09:56 PM.