Aftermarket Vendor Review Provide questions and comments about aftermarket part vendors for the Third Gen F-Body.

Chris / TPI383 - CE Coatings Review

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 07:30 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 92 Z28
Engine: Boosted LSX
Re: Chris / TPI383 - CE Coatings Review

Its already been taken care of Brian at PPolishing si gonna cut him a check for his refund. Im done posting here as said above its turnin into soap opera of just bickering back and forth....

Brain seen the pic's and said NO WAY it looked like that. I know the runners didnt look that bad either. The plenum PITS YES! Ive said it above.

Id not argueeing back and forth with everyone. e-mails and pm's and its been posted here he will be getting a refund form brian its as simple as that.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:18 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: Pair of 92 Z28s

Why do you send a product like that out the door? I just dont get that? This whole deal may be done but just explain it to me again so i can "understand" where your coming from.

So hes getting a "partial" refund for the polish job only? Why doesn't he get a refund from the half-*** powdercoating on your part?
Old 09-06-2007, 07:13 PM

That' my whole problem with this is if you subbed the parts out and if you even took a token look at what a crappy job he did it should have been sent back to the polisher by YOU! mister I take pride in my work! and then to powder coat it with a paint roller on top of that. There is nothing professional about any of this work. Looks like a poor attempt by a hobbyist to do his own work. Unbelievable!
Old 09-06-2007, 07:36 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1991 Camaro RS
Engine: 357cid
Transmission: T5 Swap
Axle/Gears: 10bolt 7.5" 3.23 soon to be 3.73

All of my doins with Chris have been great.... When he did incure some delays on my stuff he either gave me something at a discount or plain out didnt charge me for it.

I always got what i paid for and he was great on the communication. In fact the only delay i ever had was due to bad timing on my part in choosing to contact his services about the same time his family was bringing their baby home.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:49 PM

I'm still waiting for USPS to get back to me on the claim. Looks like imma be out money in this though and there ain't nothing I can do about it :/
Old 09-06-2007, 08:57 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by MavViper
I'm still waiting for USPS to get back to me on the claim. Looks like imma be out money in this though and there ain't nothing I can do about it :/
This is BS also. 2 post offices over by me are telling me "YOUR" scamming me ( say they get empty boxes and file a claim) and they see this all the time. They said at this point it was insured for $400 and you will get your Ins. claim $$ back. So whos Post Office is Full of BS? mine or yours???
Old 09-06-2007, 09:03 PM

Well, your post office said I was scamming you and my post office said that you were scamming me. That presents a problem because why would the post office want to refund insurance money when they think someone is being scammed?

And the only way you would have gotten YOUR insurance money back is if you filed the claim but from what I gather that would have to only happen if the package was lost, which it wasn't. So basically I have a feeling the post office won't give back a single dime and continue the blame game like they have. And there's no point in arguing at all because you claim to have sent them out twice and I claim that the first package never got here and the second got here but there was nothing inside.

And going on what Saigon_Bob said, if there was any delay he wasoffered something at a discount or given it free. How come neither me or Brisk were offered the same?
Old 09-06-2007, 09:15 PM
Supreme Member

And going on what Saigon_Bob said, if there was any delay he wasoffered something at a discount or given it free. How come neither me or Brisk were offered the same?
SB got a hand full of custom made stickers. and a few Free ones for his buddy because I had to wait on his.

You didnt get anything. you fken got another set of Emblems shipped out.. OUT OF MY POCKET when you said you never got the 1st set....!Then that box is empty when you get it????

And NO I wouldn't have got the $$ for the claim They said the claim had to be done at the shipping office and the Main office would have cut you a check. So what the hell would I be getting out of it to try and scam you?
Old 09-06-2007, 09:17 PM

Car: '89 Formula 350
Engine: 5.7L L98 TPI
Transmission: 700-R4 Automatic
Axle/Gears: 7.5 disc posi 3.23

Originally Posted by Cat59
Moderators,

Could ya, would ya, will ya do us all a favor and lock this pissing match thread?
Better yet. Could ya, would ya.... >>>Chris

You should have packed it in when I told you to.
I think I TOLD YOU SO is in order.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:20 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by gofast51
Looks like a poor attempt by a hobbyist to do his own work. Unbelievable!
I like this one..... Looks like hobby stuff to me too...
http://www.cecoatings.com/images/coa...0In%20oven.jpg
http://www.cecoatings.com/images/Equ...enandbooth.jpg
http://www.cecoatings.com/images/Equ...ltersystem.jpg
http://www.cecoatings.com/images/Equ...dsonSystem.jpg
----------
Originally Posted by FIRECHICKEN
Better yet. Could ya, would ya.... >>>Chris

You should have packed it in when I told you to.
I think I TOLD YOU SO is in order.
Im not a supporting vendor of this site or broke any of the rules to get banned so keep tryin..

Last edited by FSTFBDY; 09-06-2007 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-06-2007, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by TPl383
SB got a hand full of custom made stickers. and a few Free ones for his buddy because I had to wait on his.

You didnt get anything. you fken got another set of Emblems shipped out.. OUT OF MY POCKET when you said you never got the 1st set....!Then that box is empty when you get it????

And NO I wouldn't have got the $$ for the claim They said the claim had to be done at the shipping office and the Main office would have cut you a check. So what the hell would I be getting out of it to try and scam you?
What good would another set of emblems be shipped out, albeit it 4 months after you had my money, do? As far as you paying out of your own pocket for the second set, that is in no way my fault. It's not my fault you somehow lost the insurance receipt for it and thus couldn't file a claim for it. So don't try and blame me for you having to pay out of your pocket.

The second set I've already explained. "hey said the claim had to be done at the shipping office and the Main office would have cut you a check."

If I recall, didn't you ship it out? But you probably meant the post office where the package was delivered, right?

And you've been hinting at it for a while but why don't you just come out and flat out tell me that you think I am scamming you? Seems you want to say that but are holding back for whatever reason.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:41 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Stevo
Why do you send a product like that out the door? I just dont get that? This whole deal may be done but just explain it to me again so i can "understand" where your coming from.

So hes getting a "partial" refund for the polish job only? Why doesn't he get a refund from the half-*** powdercoating on your part?
TPI383 - Before this thread is locked, how about you answer my questions.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:48 PM
Supreme Member

What good would another set of emblems be shipped out, albeit it 4 months after you had my money, do? As far as you paying out of your own pocket for the second set, that is in no way my fault. It's not my fault you somehow lost the insurance receipt for it and thus couldn't file a claim for it. So don't try and blame me for you having to pay out of your pocket.

The second set I've already explained. "hey said the claim had to be done at the shipping office and the Main office would have cut you a check."

If I recall, didn't you ship it out? But you probably meant the post office where the package was delivered, right?

And you've been hinting at it for a while but why don't you just come out and flat out tell me that you think I am scamming you? Seems you want to say that but are holding back for whatever reason.
Im not "blaming" you for me going out of my way to send you another set..

You say you wernt offered anything . Again I don't own the CnC. I just did the designs and gave it to Brad to run. Would you like his PH# to ask how long he put it off to run other jobs of 100's of batch order parts they do.. not just your custom 1 off pieces. Again out of my hands even when I was stoping in EVERY day to push him to get em done. hence why I use a new CnC guy now.

And no Im not meaning to say the post office where the package was delivered.....

I was told this by my post office....

"He will have to send the package back to us and we will fine the claim. Ship it to The main headquarters and they will do what they do and cut him(YOU) a check for the INS. amount"

So like you said "They" seem to be playin the blame Game(you scammed me/I scammed you) and "We" seem to be playin the blame game.

"YOU" think I scammed you and sent a empty box. "I" think you got a set of emblems and want your $$ to because they took so long. Hence why you don't want another set and said wait till I see what USPS says.

"I" think the 1st set are prob at your neighbors house or sitting somewhere. You know how many boxes I find on my porch for "XXXX" but 3 streets over. And end up taking em back to the P.O or just dropping em off.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:49 PM

I hope they don't lock it because as far as I'm concerned there's still issues between me and TPI383 that need to be resolved
Old 09-06-2007, 09:56 PM
Supreme Member

TPI383 - Before this thread is locked, how about you answer my questions.
I'm getting to it damm.....

I didnt ship the box out. It left from Brians. Ask Brisk why he forgot to mention that? he even e-mailed me sayin something like ohh great you didn't even take up the time to go get it all and ship it out yourself before you went outa town. I was outa town(as I am alot picking up/dropping off parts for clients) he wanted it shipped now so brian boxed it up when he got back and shipped it.

IF the parts looked as said I would have buffed em over and sent it out. Brain says NO way they looked like that with all the swril marks.

So I dono.. Its a big pissing match back and forth between him and I. Ive seen a dozen or more Stainless harley rotors he has polished and look like a mirror. So I dono.

whats done is done. Its been handled Via e-mail and He is getting a refund so this Pissing match on here is done. It should be locked. what more can be argued about. people can still read it all and stop taking up server space. PERIOD !!

anyone cam PM me if they feel like bitching more.
----------
I hope they don't lock it because as far as I'm concerned there's still issues between me and TPI383 that need to be resolved
Then start your own thread and PM me when you get the final verdict from USPS that "I scammed you"

Last edited by FSTFBDY; 09-06-2007 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-06-2007, 09:58 PM

If I wanted my money back for it taking so long I would have said so. The only thing I had ever asked for was an update as to how long it would take. Nothing more, nothing less.

And what exactly do you do with the orders you get? With Brisk you sent his parts off to some other guy to do the powdercoating and polishing, and with mine you sent it off to another guy to do the work. I'm curious as to what work you do as it seems you are just a middleman.

We have no way of knowing where the first set is. I know all of my neighbors (and they know my car too since there's none like it around). None of them got anything in the mail. Again, we have no way of knowing where the first set ended up because you shipped it via USPS which doesn't do tracking numbers, just delivery confirmations.

And the reason why I said wait to see what USPS says, is because after having 2 sets shipped out and neither of the 2 sets actually recieved, why would I want to risk it again only to be disappointed? You constantly use the excuse that you paid out of your pocket (you did it willingly and you wouldn't have had to pay out of your pocket if you had the reciept for the package). I knew if I agreed to have you pay out of your pocket again, I wouldn't have heard the last of it.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:03 PM
Supreme Member

Car: '88 IROC-Z / '91 Z28 / '91 GTA
Engine: LT4 Hot Cam 305 / L98 355 / MR 383
Transmission: 5-spd / 700R4 / 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3:45 / 3:23 / 3:23

Chris and I have been communicating via email, as he said, on terms for a refund. Once an agreement is made, I am under the assumption, a refund will be mailed out to me directly.

I will post here once a refund has hit my hand and cleared the bank, then this thread can be put to rest. Thank you.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:10 PM
Supreme Member

And what exactly do you do with the orders you get? With Brisk you sent his parts off to some other guy to do the powdercoating and polishing, and with mine you sent it off to another guy to do the work. I'm curious as to what work you do as it seems you are just a middleman.

And the reason why I said wait to see what USPS says, is because after having 2 sets shipped out and neither of the 2 sets actually recieved, why would I want to risk it again only to be disappointed? You constantly use the excuse that you paid out of your pocket (you did it willingly and you wouldn't have had to pay out of your pocket if you had the reciept for the package). I knew if I agreed to have you pay out of your pocket again, I wouldn't have heard the last of it.

I had Brian Polish it because I got behind on a order of 100 pair of cycle headers that needed ceramic coated ASAP. Done in black which is a 2 step process. Yes I put off one job for a large job thats a bi-monthly thing.

As for another set Your right I prob would have been like WTF. but i DID OFFER and I did say Id shipp em ANY currier YOU wanted and not USPS again.

Seems to me if 2x of something from my P.O to your P.O doesn't show up theres something wrong and I wouldnt use em for a 3rd Time. and Seeing if the 3rd one Did show up would shows something was up in the middle of us via usps.....

After you said wait. I even offered AGAIN to get you emblems at MY COST. even AFTER you get your INS. $$ how much more could I have offered you? make em and hand deliver em??
Old 09-07-2007, 01:48 AM
Supreme Member

Location: Somewhere around the South Side of Chicago just crusin' in one of the Niteriders
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 92RS 25th Anniv./88 IROC Z28 Vert
Engine: 305 TBI w/Tpi Air / 305 TPI
Transmission: 700r4/700r4
Axle/Gears: Posi

So I have lost track...has there been any conclusion on who's getting money or parts back...I keep checking back to see how this all ends...like I said it's like a big soap opera
Old 09-07-2007, 02:32 AM

Brisk and TPI383 agreed for Brisk to get back atleast a partial refund.

Myself and TPI383 are at a standstill until USPS concludes their claim investigation.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:44 AM
Supreme Member

Received 174 Likes on 152 Posts

MavViper, I have had endless problems with the USPS for years, so I never really take such investigations too seriously on they're part. However, I will say that Chris has always been a stand up guy, and I'm positive that everything will work out fine between you two. Unfortunately though, now that USPS is conducting they're idea of an "investigation", patience is now going to be very key on both of your parts....
Old 09-07-2007, 09:51 AM
Supreme Member

By the way Chris, I need some pieces fabricated for my '91 Formula-TT project. Please check your PM's when you get the chance.....
Old 09-07-2007, 11:44 AM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 89 formula 350
Engine: ls1 magnuson tvs2300 supercharger
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 4.11 Dana 44!

Ive dealt with chris many times and he's always treated me right. It might have taken some time to get my stuff, but I was never in a rush. His work has always been up to my standards which are pretty high. The pictures Brisk posted though are not typical quality from chris. They look like $hit!
Old 09-07-2007, 02:46 PM
Supreme Member

Street Lethal- PM answered !
Justin - Thanks and your right Your standards are high but Ive dealth with harder. :P

somehings I just finished up today..
http://www.cecoatings.com/images/polished/DSC04622.JPG
http://www.cecoatings.com/images/polished/DSC04623.JPG
Old 09-07-2007, 03:46 PM

Car: '87 IROC Z w/43,000 miles
Engine: 305 F code motor
Transmission: 4 speed auto
Axle/Gears: 3.73
Chris / TPI383 - CE Coatings Review

Suggestions?

Your Pictures

Having reviewed the aforementioned link. Seeing for myself just how good you are Chris. I must say, you're not using the correct buffing compounds, and/or buffing wheels, and/or buffing speeds with the buffing machine(?) you're using.

I have YEARS of experience with HAND and automated buffing of aluminum parts of ALL shapes and sizes, and molecular make-up (cast and extruded).

The following is pictures of the types of compound I used:

1. Tropoli Cut & Color Bar
For use on non-ferrous Metals, Brass, Aluminum, and Die Cast, this compound offer cut and color properties. More aggressive Tripoli compounds offer heavy cut and medium to low color with low grease content

2. Cut & Color Bar
Yellow in color, our cut and color bars are excellent for cookware, cutlery, lamps, appliances, and automotive applications. These "combination" compounds offer medium cut and medium color with high to medium grease content.

3. Green Color Bar
Excellent for final buffing process on plumbing fixtures, decorative hardware, and tableware, the "green chrome rouge" produces high color with high or low grease content. Developed originally for color buff chrome plated products, it is great for achieving a mirror finish on brass, steel, and stainless steel parts.

4. White Color Bar
For coloring buffing non-ferrous metals as a final finishing step, white color compound produces a mirror finish. This compound is formulated for high color with a low grease content

I'm NOT trying to hammer you Chris. Instead, I'm trying to help you by sharing my knowledge of buffing aluminum with you. I hope you're of an open mind. Quality is the word. Anything less than a finish keen enough to be used as an actual mirror to shave with, was totally unacceptable when I came up through the ranks. The 'old timers' would of nailed my hide to the wall!

If you'll use the above compounds in the order I have listed them in, you'll NEVER have problems with getting a mirror finish on anything aluminum, no matter what shape, size, or molecular make-up it is. Number 4 I reserved for aluminum that had been annealed thereby softening it. By using any of other of the listed types of compounds, you'll take off .0625 to .125 of an inch in a heartbeat! Not a good thing when one is wanting a mirror finish.

Further, using a machine such as one of these is NOT worth your time. I used a buffing machine similar to this

If you really want to dazzle them. Use a Lea wheel one time in conjunction with some heavy-duty tape for masking purposes.

Last edited by Cat59; 09-07-2007 at 03:55 PM. Reason: spell check.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:26 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by TPI383
Street Lethal- PM answered !
Awesome! I just need to determine now if I want it to embellish "BTA" or "TTA", I'm leaning more toward "TTA" though. I'll send over some concepts (regarding styling) that I've been contemplating once I get home from work, to see if it's feasible to fabricate.

Originally Posted by Cat59
I'm NOT trying to hammer you Chris. Instead, I'm trying to help you by sharing my knowledge of buffing aluminum with you....
This should have been a PM then, if you weren't trying to hammer anyone....
Old 09-07-2007, 04:27 PM
Supreme Member

I use nothing but Tripoli and white rouge only. Everything is sanded again with flap wheels or hade up pads. machines are anywhere from 3-7hp baldor buffers. Not no bench tip gringer.

How much more of a mirror finish can you get then this?
http://www.cecoatings.com/images/pol...ousbottle2.jpg
Besides the obvious pits left behind. Then again Its a nitrous bottle I didnt want to polish to much away.

The tumb stone looks dull because it was clear powdercoated after.

Im open minded and will deff. take word of others on polishing in. Feel free to PM me if you have any other tips that I might not know about. Ive only been doing it for 7years.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:55 PM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: '92 T/A WS6 Vert/1956 Chevy Nomad
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: 700r4 w/ Transgo Kit
Axle/Gears: 3.42 LSD

Hasn't anybody closed this yet? Getting old guys. All of it.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:01 PM

Car: 2007 Cobalt LT
Engine: M62'd 2.2L L61
Transmission: 4T45E 4-speed Automatic
Axle/Gears: Stock

It won't be closed until the issue is fully resolved. The thread may have to be split due to the numerous people with issues or good props.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:35 AM
Supreme Member

Location: Somewhere around the South Side of Chicago just crusin' in one of the Niteriders

Just out of curiosity after noticing that Chris (TPI383) has 17 iTrader responses (the most I have seen on this board), I opened his iTrader link. Of his 17 iTrader comments, all in the last year, there are NO NEGATIVE results. 17 postitive comments from past customers.

Just thought I would throw that out there. Maybe there is some truth to what he is saying happened. Why is it that no one has posted anything negative in iTrader concerning his business dealings?
Old 09-08-2007, 10:09 AM
Supreme Member

Maybe that other person, say Brisk doesnt want a negative back from TPI383? Maybe he wants this whole ordeal to be resolved before leaving feedback? Kind of like ebay, if i get a part and put it on my car and it works fine i leave positive feedback, well lets say 1 month down the road it fails and i contact the guy and he says "tuff luck", well ive already left feedback and now there is nothing else i can do.

So what? All it takes is 1 bad job like this one...theres no excuse for that, who cares if hes had 1000 perfect dealings then has one like this...that kills it for me. Seeing how he has dealt with this situation killed it for me. I have 16 positive Itrader ratings and only like 50-60 on my ebay, if i had 1 bad rating all the rest dont mean a thing anymore.

Maybe its just because i take pride in the work i do for others, everyday job or selling car **** on here or ebay, if it doesnt look good to me then my job isant finished.

This was a half-*** job plain and simple it looks like ****. No excuse for it and thats what it boils down to.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:14 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by 86NiteRider
Just out of curiosity after noticing that Chris (TPI383) has 17 iTrader responses (the most I have seen on this board), I opened his iTrader link. Of his 17 iTrader comments, all in the last year, there are NO NEGATIVE results. 17 postitive comments from past customers.

Just thought I would throw that out there. Maybe there is some truth to what he is saying happened. Why is it that no one has posted anything negative in iTrader concerning his business dealings?

I agint got nothing to LIE about. If I ****ed him Id say it. Im one to speak my mind and let people know what I think.

I give people a warranty on ceramic headers thats 3years on used parts and a LIFETIME on New headers,etc.. If I was out to scam people or just take their $$ I wouldn't offer anything at all and say sorry YOU musta over heated em, abused em etc.. Same with Chrome parts. Polished I try and talk them into Clear Coating it so it never has to be polished again. **** that right there is talking myself out of $$ down the road when it needs redone.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:48 AM

The reason I haven't left any feedback for TPI383 is simple. If I leave a negative feedback now and USPS approves the claim for the full insurance amount and TPI383 makes good on everything and I finally get my emblems, then how can I change the feedback to adjust that? Don't think I can.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:21 PM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 89 formula 350
Engine: ls1 magnuson tvs2300 supercharger
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 4.11 Dana 44!

as far as the item being lost in the mail, you should get a refund. I just went through this last year with an alternator. I refunded the money to the seller, and I waited for the money to be returned to me. Sucked for me cause I was out $140 or so. I filled out the forms, provided the damaged box (had the buyer send it back to me), and gave them proof of insurance. Now, it took 7 months to get the refund, but I did get it!
Old 09-09-2007, 03:15 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1987 IROC-Z Camaro
Engine: L98 5.7L TPI
Transmission: 700-R4
Axle/Gears: 3.27 BW

Moral of the story, never use USPS. Always pay the extra for someone to ship FedEx, or even UPS. Always. Everytime a place only offers USPS shipping, I cringe before dropping money there.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:08 PM
Supreme Member

Ive shipped the majority of my small stuff with USPS priority...never had a problem and almost always my customer gets the part in 2 days. Never a single problem here. Though i have started using Fedex Ground recently they have turned out to be a lot cheaper for bigger parts/boxes. I like to get my parts to the customer QUICKLY unlike a lot of other people here on this board who ship the cheapest possible way(Normally taking the longest).
Old 09-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Supreme Member

Ive shipped the majority of my small stuff with USPS priority...never had a problem and almost always my customer gets the part in 2 days. Never a single problem here. Though i have started using Fedex Ground recently they have turned out to be a lot cheaper for bigger parts/boxes. I like to get my parts to the customer QUICKLY unlike a lot of other people here on this board who ship the cheapest possible way(Normally taking the longest).
Same here.. Always USPS Priority. or UPS if Im headed over towards the UPS center. Ive never had problems before. DHL is one of the worst. Ive got boxes 1/2 torn apart from them.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:53 PM
Supreme Member

I use USPS and never had a problem (knock on wood) but there is a reason they provide insurance. Stuff happens...
Old 09-10-2007, 10:12 PM

Car: 1986 trans am, 1985 TRANS AM WS6
Engine: 305 4bbl,305 TPI
Transmission: 700r4,700R4
Axle/Gears: STOCK POSI DISC

After reading this whole trainwreck, all I can say is.... These guys deserve COMPLETE refunds, and apololgies. I can't believe the amount of bullcrap excuses, and blaming the guy you are subbing work out to, etc.If I ever tried to tell one of my customers these excuses,I would be shamed out of the building.YOU MUST STAND BEHIND YOUR WORK/PRODUCT. Sub contractors are hired by the VENDOR for the CUSTOMER, so that "SUB" is a reflection of THE VENDOR.
Not to mention, If YOU promise to do a job,you cant blame somone else for problems,"missing in actions", cocaine binges..dog ate the homework, PMS, etc.etc.If you hired somone to complete YOUR jobs,TPI....you are responsible to use somone who is RELIABLE.
I would have been riding SOMONES *** for not completing work on time for me for a customer.Those parts look like my 11 year old did them with friggin nail polish.WHOEVER did the work,IT SUCKS.
Summers over, no parts, no running cars, lost money and TIME.....
NO GOOD!
If I was these guys,I would be LIVID. They have shown extreme patience, although thoroughly disgusted.
TPI383, You should have refunded them a LONG time ago, and saved yourelf embarrasment and lost business,as others have also stated.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:43 AM

Update on the situation. USPS sent both me and Chris a letter asking for a copy or the actual insurance reciept to show how much it was insured for and how much was paid. So Chris sent it off the next day. When I hear back from USPS I'll definately update this thread.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:37 PM

Car: 92 RS
Engine: a slow one
Transmission: a crunchy one
Axle/Gears: a whiny one

Wow, I'm glad I searched on this guy before I hit him up about some billet emblems (which I was just about to do).

You should have given Brisk AND Mav a FULL refund out of your pocket and dealt with the USPS insurance crap YOURSELF and should have done so IMMEDIATELY. Do you have even the slightest inclination of what it entails to run a business?

Last edited by Dizturbed One; 09-24-2007 at 02:44 AM.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:27 PM

Car: 91 Z28
Engine: LB9
Transmission: auto
Axle/Gears: 3.42

So did the saga end yet?
Old 09-27-2007, 09:47 PM
Supreme Member

Update: Chris and I started negotiating via email again and we came to terms for an acceptable refund. Apparently his polisher guy is going to refund a portion of my money and Chris is going to replace and powder coat a water neck for me.

I got an email from Chris today saying Brian is going to send me money next Friday.

I will post here again when I recieve the mutually agreed upon refund amount and a powder coated black water neck.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:40 AM
Banned

Car: 2010 SS/RS
Engine: 400 hp
Transmission: Auto
Axle/Gears: Stock

Brisk,

You're a VERY patient man.

I think "The Project" stated it best....Chris this got WAY out of hand and it is NO WAY to conduct business. You only hurt your reputation and lost potential business.

Brisk........Good luck and keep us all updated.
Old 10-13-2007, 03:47 PM

UPDATE: Today I recieved a check from the Post Office for the full amount of the insurance
Old 10-13-2007, 06:14 PM
Supreme Member

I'm still waiting... apparently a cheque was supposed to be sent out to me last Friday October 5th, but I have yet to recieve confirmation that its even been sent
Old 10-13-2007, 08:17 PM
Supreme Member

UPDATE: Today I recieved a check from the Post Office for the full amount of the insurance
got your message earlier. Thanks and glad they finally came thru..

Originally Posted by Brisk
I'm still waiting... apparently a cheque was supposed to be sent out to me last Friday October 5th, but I have yet to recieve confirmation that its even been sent
I don't talk to Brian that often. last I did he was sending it out that Fri. I haven't heard from him since I told you i would check. I'll try again this week to see what the status is.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Supreme Member

thread update, still no refund received

Originally Posted by TPl383
I don't talk to Brian that often. last I did he was sending it out that Fri. I haven't heard from him since I told you i would check. I'll try again this week to see what the status is.
I got an email from TPI383 on October 20th, 2007 stating that 'Brian' had sent out a refund cheque "a few days ago". Needless to say, nothing has arrived.

Chris do the right thing and refund my money. You can go and beat the cash out of Brian later or whatever.., lets just end this already!

Old 11-12-2007, 05:35 PM

Car: 1988 Iroc-Z 28 Camaro
Engine: LSX
Transmission: MN12
Axle/Gears: 3.42

wow i just spent like an hour reading this thread , TPI383 u need to give Brisk his money back out of your own pocket and THEN chase the other dudes for your money back later, its really unfair how you keep shifting the blame to the other guys who did the work when ur the one people are paying
Old 11-12-2007, 09:45 PM
Supreme Member

WOW

still no refund. Great Seller it sounds like...

Take the fault, pay the man the money he deserves back. YOU need to chase BRIAN down not Brisk.

Quick Reply: Chris / TPI383 - CE Coatings Review