Aftermarket Vendor Review Provide questions and comments about aftermarket part vendors for the Third Gen F-Body.

Chris / TPI383 - CE Coatings Review

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 09:57 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: '88 IROC-Z / '91 Z28 / '91 GTA
Engine: LT4 Hot Cam 305 / L98 355 / MR 383
Transmission: 5-spd / 700R4 / 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3:45 / 3:23 / 3:23
Chris / TPI383 - CE Coatings Review

My adventure with Chris/TPI383 was an aweful, stressful, and unpleasent experience, to say the least. I kept records of every correspondence to protect myself from day one.

It all started because I was looking for someone to do some polishing work;
https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/afte...polishing.html

We first exchanged a couple of pm's where he stated comments like, and I quote directly;

...When I polish I polish to the best I can get it. No 1/2 a job to make it look ok or so so..."
...but again as I said above... I do the best Job I can because my company's name is on the work I do. So if someone is looking at a piece of work and says WOW thats awesome who did it. I can say that would be me. now if they look at it and say WOW that looks good but why did they do all that work and skimp on the areas like this...this..this.. It would have looked 10x better if they would have spend the extra hour or so to top it all off. Know what I mean...
...I hope this helps you to deside what you want to do. I can tell you this. You deff. WONT be disappointed in the look once its done...
So he is a pretty decent salesmen, he sent me a few links to images on his website of previous work and had me hooked. We banged out a quote and talked about turn around time via email and I sent my parts off to him through FedEx.

...Send it bolted together this will be easier for you...
The parts that I sent to him are as follows;

-plenum, hand ported (which was previously polished, poorly)
-plenum extension
-SLP runners, hand ported
-fuel rails w/TPIS adjustable fuel pressure regulator
-throttle body plate
-TPIS Big Mouth intake
-water neck (brand new, still in the box because mine broke)
-every nut and bolt to hold it together pulled straight from a running car.

Everything was completely assembled and sent as one unit with every nut and bolt included and intact. The services we had mutually agreed upon are as follows;

> 1. SLP Runners - polished
>
> 2. Plenum + Extention - polished with gloss black powder coated recesses
>
> 3. Fuel Rails - powder coated gloss black and polish just the lines on
> them
>
> 4. Lower Intake - powder coated gloss black and polish just the tops
> of the letters that say "TPIS Bigmouth"
>
> ***new*** ---> on the intake there is a block off plate in the center
> between the fuel rails made of billet aluminum that has TPIS engraved
> on it. Just tape it off and leave it as is.
>
> 5. Throttle Body - as I mentioned in a previous email, I decided to
> leave it as is. I purchased it as a 'polished' unit, however it is
> not perfect.. but after examining it again, it is not that bad
> afterall - good enough that I will leave it as is. Also as mentioned
> in a previous email I sent out just the throttle body plate (top
> cover) which is an aftermarket one I bought on ebay. Its made of
> billet aluminum and its finish is pretty good. Engraved is "IROC-Z"
> and the recesses are powdercoated black. If it looks dull in
> appearance compared to the polished plenum and runners, hit it and
> make is shiny. If no work is nessessary, just send it back. All I
> ask is that you leave the engraving filled in with black powder
> coating as it is.
Fine and dandy, we agreed upon services to be rendered, we agreed on a price and a timeline.

...Right now My turn around is 3-4weeks...
I pulled the parts from a running car, boxed them up complete and bolted together and sent them away mid-March.

Cool, I'll let ya know when it gets here... Just to confirm this is what
we were doing right...

All Polished with black like I talked about.. Do you have the e-mail I
quoted you at?

I'll do some digin threw all the old e-mails and find it. Just didnt
know if you had it handy.
I confirmed again, everything looked good to go.

He recieved my parts that I sent him on Friday March 30th, 2007 and he confirmed this to me by email March 31st. On Monday April 2nd, 2007 I sent payment for servies to be rendered via paypal in good faith. I was counting on the 3 to 4 week turn around, plus shipping, to have my parts back so I would have ample time to install them prior to a local car show.

He was good, at first, to sending random status emails telling me things like;

...Plenum and fuel rails and plate are done...
on April 6th for example.

We had a bit of an issue with the runners and top of the plenum were coated with nickel (previous owner must have wanted to get them chromed and then decided against it). So I again sent Chris some money via paypal to cover costs of stripping the nickel. Again he sent me a couple status reports. May 1st,2007 I sent him an email and asked if he was finished yet. He replied'

Getting there. Intake is left. and water neck
So I'm assuming everything is complete except for powdercoating the intake and water neck... A week later I email him again to inquire on the status of my stuff;

Just about.

I m redoing the black on the plenum. I dont like the way ot came out.
When I shoot some clear over the black it wrinkles some of it right by
the front and looked like ****. Prob not that noticable but enough
someone might have noticed it and I wasnt satisfied with it.
Three days later;

Parts are lookin good.

Should have em done this weekend and ready to ship come 1st of the week.

Sorry about the hold up and delay. Hope Im not putting you behind on
install. I just want to make sure its done good before it goes out.
I'm starting to get a little itchy about getting my stuff back and having plenty of time for install, troubleshooting, tuning, etc before car show season and the first local car show I had planned to attend.

Nine days later I send another email inquiring on the status of my parts;

Ive got everyting back from my polisher but the lower intake. Ive been
tryin to get ahold of him because he has about 5jobs I need to get on
the ball and chrome plate also.

Everything else is sitting here wrapped in paper ready to ship. Its like
he dropped off the face of the earth. He sent me 1 text message saying
everyting is done he just had a bunch of **** going on he needed to take
care of asap. havent heard back from him since that.
Now from what I understood a short while back is that all was needed to be done to complete this job was powdercoating the intake and water neck.. why 'his polisher' has my intake is beyond me. Come to think of it, from what I understood from earlier correspondence (see above) that he personally does the polishing himself "...When I polish I polish to the best I can get it. No 1/2 a job..." but perhaps I was just reading into it a little too much.

So I let it slide.. and wait.. Two weeks go by and again I inquire. Part of his reply;

...Im at a loss what to do. I can send the rest back now and wait to see if
he shows up.
I can try and find a used intake to replace yours and then make him buy
this one when he does get back ahold of me.
I can Chrome Plate The stuff I have for Free to replace the lower intake
he still has...
At this point I'm getting frustrated, but all I want is MY parts back. Still nothing. After more emails;

...My polisher has dropped off the face of the earth. Ive left a dozen
messages and ****...

...Ya I still havent heard from Him. Im gonna search some sites for a used
one also.
Id rather not replace a USED intake with a NEW intake...

...I can't recall you have a Z right. I'll toss in a set of the billet Z28
emblems I made. OR make you a custom set of IROC Z emblems...
This saga continues, and I am left without my parts or my cash. His first child is born and he becomes understandably unavalible for a period of time, then he finds out his polisher 'friend' has/is/was listed for military service and is unavalible for contact for two months. He tells me this guy's Dad is looking after his house and is not willing to go into his home and remove posessions without his sons knowledge (namely, my parts). Because there is personal information in these emails I will not post the intimate details, but I will just give you one small excerpt from one email;

>> FYI I got ahold of his dad and he is doing his 2month tour in the
>> military as he does every year. (he's in the reserves when not on
>> full time MP dudty) They hardly hear from him durring this time
>> either.I asked if he could go get it and he said he'll see. He really
>> doenst like taking stuff he doesnt know about. (which I understand)
After several angry emails from both parties (myself and Chris) I am getting very stressed and PO'd. Esentially I start believing I won't see my stuff again, and I start thinking on the lines of pathalogical li....

More time passes as we exchange sharp emails and a couple of phone calls. On the 11th week, to the day, that he recieved my 'good faith' payment I again sent another email inquiring on the status of my parts;

he got ahold of me lastnight. Will be home on the
27th and get with me asap.
The 27th refers to Wednesday June 27th, 2007... didn't he recieve my parts in March? Grrr. On Friday June 29th I again call his business line and leave Chris a voicemail. He replys by email;

My buddy will be home 1th thing Monday Morn. something with transit
delays. So I'll have everything ready and boxed up for as soon as I get
the intake and ship it out asap.
So on Monday afternoon I send an email and get this reply;

he will be here at before noon 2morrow.
He got in this Am. and after, he checked all his gear back in, paper
work etc, he didnt make ot over this way. (30min drive)and his GF is a
leach with legs...
Next morning I send an email, Tuesday July 3rd;

Just got dropped off about 20min
ago. uuguuu
A little dusty and finger prints all over it from sittin in the corner.
I will clean it all up and box it up.
This repeated theme of "I'll box it up" and "I'll send it out asap" is getting really old, but I try to wait.. patiently. On the 9th of July I send another email after unsuccessfully reaching him on the phone. He replies by telling me his is on holidays and will mail my stuff when he returns;

...Your parts will be boxed and shipped soon as I get back...
This is starting to sound familiar... How many weeks have gone by since he has had my parts in his possession AND had my good faith payment? Didn't I send him my parts in/end of March?? July 16th I recieve an email;

Just got home. Your box will go out 2morrow.or wed. will send ya a conf. #
More excus...uh, delays. July 19th;

...will go out 2morrow.
forgot to put the dist. cove rin the box yesterday. and was gone all day
today and just got home.
box is in the trunk ready to go...
More of the same. July 23rd I finally get an email with a postage confirmation. I recieved my parts early in the first week of August.

continued next post...
Old 08-26-2007, 09:59 PM
Supreme Member

Re: Chris / TPI383 - CE Coatings Review

Now surely that is more then enough to discourage myself to use his services ever again. What I was not prepared for was the condition of my parts when they arrived in my hands, what a joke. The quality of the services performed on the parts when I recieved them would certinally make me embarrased to put my name on them or say that had come from my shop. I can say they were well packaged though.. does that count for anything?

Esentially, the services performed were garbage. Now to make things worse he has not answered his phone since I got my parts back, and I've been trying to call him for a few weeks. Again I've emailed him, although I'd really really like to chew his ear off in person. However I still have not recieved a reply.

Email I sent to Chris August 15th, 2007;

Hey Chris,

Well I recieved most of my stuff by mail a couple weeks ago... and I must say from your initial enthusiasm on doing the job and bragging how professional you are and the quality of your work, I'd be embarrased to put my name to this.

But aside from the quality, the work we had agreed upon is incomplete. For one, the brand new (still in the original box) water neck that I sent you for powder coating I did not get back. Several of the allen head bolts for the SLP runners did not return. The fuel rail recesses were not powder coating as agreed upon either. The 'powder coated' recesses on the plenum and extention look as though they were masked by a five year old because some are square and even, others come nearly to a point, and they're different lengths. I also question if it is black spray paint or something similar because it is soft and easily comes off with a finger nail. Nothing on the manifold was taped off, I had to thread chase each hole which was a pain in the ***, not to mention the billet plates were not masked off as agreed upon, nor is the lettering on the manifold polished as agreed upon. Some of the powder coating is already starting to flake off in big chunks off the manifold.

All of the polishing is horrible, there are lots of scratches, pits, nicks, and imperfections all over the place. Now I understand that these were used parts and some of the pieces had big nicks in them making it nearly impossible to get a perfect surface, but the pieces are simply shined up and hardly even throw a reflection. The parts were somewhat polished before I sent them off, and are somewhat polished more now they've been returned, however they're not nearly complete. Lets not mention the '30 day' window we agreed upon to get my stuff back.

The fuel rail is another thing I feel I have to complain about. Whom ever polished it obviously used power tools and used alot of force or elbow grease because six or seven of the bolts that hold it together were missing, the rest were loose, and the whole thing was bent to ****. The cold start injector was removed and the O ring is missing. It took me a good half hour to re-bend and straighten out the fuel rail and lines plus replace all the bolts and O ring before it became usable again. I pulled this off a running car before directly sending it to you and I know it was 100% complete and straight. Also the fuel lines on the fuel rail were not powdercoated as agreed upon. Thankfully I had another fuel rail I could rob parts from.

The service and quality of work I have recieved is embarasing. The quality of work is no where near the quality shown to me by your example pictures of previous jobs. It is painfully obvious that after I hounded you for 18 or 19 weeks to get my parts back (sorry, I finally lost track of how long you had my stuff) It is obvious you 'rushed' the job to get it out the door.

I've been trying to call you for the last ten or so business days to your business phone ranging from 9am to 6pm your local time, its funny no one had answered the phone, not once. I would have liked to talk to you in person to conclude this transaction, however since you don't answer your business phone I am forced to email you.

Bottom line, forget the remainder of my parts, keep them. I would like a portion of my money refunded, 50% sounds fair to me considering the missing parts, incomplete services as agreed upon, and general lack of quality for services performed. You can send me a certified cheque or money order, or paypal the money to my account cen@sor.ed If using paypal, I too will cover 2% and you add 2% to the total.

Sincerely,

Chris Voykin.
Now what is my intent with this post? First and foremost, it is not intended to call Chris/TPI383 out. I fully intend Chris will see this post, and reply. In his usual fashion I expect Chris just plain won't care. I've seen other threads of people calling him a butthead about him ripping someone off and he simply admits it and says, "sorry." But, he won't return anything - that's all he does. It amazes me he is still in/has a business.

Unfortunatly for me I didn't do any research before sending Chris my parts, but I'll know better next time. My intent of this post is to warn others of this scam artist, I-have-every-excuse-in-the-book, butthead that he truely is.

I am honestly trying to be very polite and political and fair within this post without too much hate or vulgar which I could have easily added. I have records of every transaction and communication, I have nothing to hide. I appologize for the length of this post.. didn't look that long when I put it together, lol.

Pictures do not do this justice, but trust me, they're nothing to look at.

You have been warned.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:06 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 92 Z28
Engine: Boosted LSX

1st is I didn't get any e-mail from you complaning. like you posted above.

Mmm, RIPING people off? Not likley. Shipping **** out on time. Ive said it before Ya I tent not to get **** out in a timly manner. but Ripping someone off NO.. Everyone got what they bought/paid for , etc...

You seen pic's of the parts before It got shipped. Why did you wait A COUPLE WEEKS to send me a e-mail? If I did get it your would have got a e-mail back with another handfull of every excuse in the book.....

For anyone else who wants to see em
http://www.cecoatings.com/images/polished/
http://www.cecoatings.com/images/BRISK/TPI1.JPG
http://www.cecoatings.com/images/BRISK/TPI2.JPG
http://www.cecoatings.com/images/BRISK/TPI3.JPG
http://www.cecoatings.com/images/BRISK/TPI4.JPG

Your right when i rely on other people to help me out to catch up on **** it goes south.( I should have put off a few other local jobs I was behine on and Polished your stuff myself) I should know better by now but Im a gluten for punishment I guess. I'm prob 110% sure your refering to a few sets of the hubs/brackets I had problems with in the past on ripin people off, etc.... anyways....

I can't call anybody back if they don't leave a message. !! No message No call back. I'll be dammed if Im gonna spend a day on calling every # back thats a hand up and no message left. if I did I wouldnt get anything done..... I'm sure Im not the only person who does that...

So feel free to leave a message next time you try... Or shoot me a e-mail again. You said your peace here No need to arguee back and forth.... I'll copy/paste your e-mail and send it to the guy I used for polishing for ya also..

and just for ref.. when I polish myself this is what it looks like...

Last edited by FSTFBDY; 08-27-2007 at 12:56 AM.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:30 AM
Supreme Member

nice try.

1st, those are not my parts you posted images of.

2nd, you never did reply to my last email

and 3rd, like I said before I'm done leaving you messages because when I do, if and when you choose to reply, you do so by email.

and just for ref.. when I polish myself this is what it looks like...
thats funny.. same batch of pictures you linked to at the beginning of your post

Old 08-27-2007, 12:51 AM
Supreme Member

1st - As i said I "NEVER GOT a E-Mail from you" forward it again.. or I'll just copy/paste it in a e-mail and rspond to it all later... Im goin to bed...

2nd - And BS those ARE NOT YOUR PARTS !! You got those EXACT same pic's via e-mail. and those exact same parts pictures shipped back to you.....

IF those ARNT "YOUR PARTS" I'll lock up my garage doors now.Call it quits, Sell all my 3rdgen toys, and swear on my son that those are "your" parts that got shipped back to you"

Your smokin something good if you think Id be dumb enough to post those and say they are yours and not be.

3rd - You left 1 message. and You got called back. You called once and I answered. You clame to call 100's of times more and never leave a message. Thats your prerogative.

:rollseyes:

Last edited by FSTFBDY; 08-27-2007 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-27-2007, 01:03 AM

I think I should add my comments in here too, though they can be found on the Classified Feedback forum.

Same kind of situation. Me and TPI383 agreed upon him making me some custom SS emblems. Paid half in March and then the rest on April 20th. I think he sent them first at the end of May, though he had promised to send them out the next day about a half a dozen times. No biggy for me as they were custom. I never got the package at all, and they were insured and shipped via regular mail (bad mistake on my part). He said he would file a claim on them since they were insured.

He makes another set and he finally ships them out via USPS First Class on August 15th. I recieved a package on August 17th. Opened up the package and there was nothing inside whatsoever,just 2 pieces of cardboard.

Upon contacting TPI383 again I was told that he couldn't make the claim on the first package because he somehow misplaced the reciept. Seeing as I had the package on the second one I went and filed a claim on it. He claimed that he had put the emblems in butcher paper between the pieces of cardboard but there was no evidence of that anywhere. And it was a small package, you can see the pictures here: http://www.groundshakerz.com/images/rob/IMG_0812.JPG
Although I haven't told TPI383 this (well he will find out now) they advised me I was being scammed, that they had seen this before where the shipper will claim they shipped it, insure it and have them send the package back to file a claim at the shipping PO. I filed a claim though on Aug 22nd and am awaiting the result.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:30 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by MavViper
they advised me I was being scammed, that they had seen this before where the shipper will claim they shipped it, insure it and have them send the package back to file a claim at the shipping PO. I filed a claim though on Aug 22nd and am awaiting the result.
Again scammed my ***.! Would I spend $ on havin a custom made part just to send a damm empty box? Nobody else on here has SS emblems. Do they? i didt sell em to someone else. I dont have a SS clone to keep em. EVERYONE else seems to be getting the Z28 emblems. So where the hell have 2 sets of SS? ones dissipated to? In your post I offered to have another set made and Sent certified ups or how every you wanted too. And You said Wait.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:31 AM
TGO Supporter

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Car: 91 Black Formula KR
Engine: 305 TPI R69/G92
Transmission: Astro A5-Pro 5.0-McCleod
Axle/Gears: US Gear 3.42 Eaton True Trac

I purchased 2 custom CNC's pieces from Chris.

Just got the other today in the mail.

I was not in a hurry per say, and we kept in touch at least once a week through out each part.

He did me right for both the 2 and only custom things I got from him, I would go back to him for any other parts I need.

Sorry to hear about the experiences other people had, but mine were good.

Rafael

Piece 1 is a custom plate for center console, other is a custom gauge panel for my upper console to hold cyberdyne gauges...

Old 08-27-2007, 09:12 AM

Chris, I said wait because after 2 sets of emblems that haven't been seen since you mailed them, I simply don't trust a third would make it here regardless of how it is sent. Plus you said it cost you more for the first set and then you made the second set out of your own pocket since you lost the reciept for the first package. If you're willing to make a third set out of your pocket that's your choice
Old 08-27-2007, 09:38 AM

Car: 1986 Iroc-Z

I am with Brisk and MadViper on here. I had TPI383 cut some spindles and drill them out for c5 brakes, as well as grind down a rotor to use as a hub. I was told it would only be a few weeks, which I was fine with, but then he started with the bullshit like he broke his tap, messed up a spindle, bla bla bla. After around 6-7weeks and multiple PM's and phone calls, I received my parts. Apon inspection of them I found out that he didn't even drill and tap the holes for the brackets the right size. After that whole aggrevating ordeal I found no reason to even bother mentioning this to him because I'd had enough with dealing with him.

So if you read this Chris, you suck. You run a bad ship buddy, I never intend to do anything else with you and I hope other people on this board realize this and don't do business with you either, you don't deserve it.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:07 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Legal Disaster
Apon inspection of them I found out that he didn't even drill and tap the holes for the brackets the right size.
wrong size???? or you planed to use diff. bolt sizes? I can't recall what size everything is. because I haven't done hubs for quite awhile because I was tired of not having em done in a timely manner to get back out to people.

Id be more then happy to go grab my tap and drill bit since they are the only ones in the bag I used for Spindles and let you know what size they were. Im sure its the same size listed in all the threads telling people what to use. I guess it was a while ago because I don't rem who you are..
Old 08-27-2007, 10:47 AM

Car: 91Z
Engine: 355/afr/sr/lpe219
Transmission: built 700R

Wow, this is brutal!! I will never use this guy for anything! Good thing I checked as I was about to inquire about some work...
Old 08-27-2007, 10:48 AM

Car: 1986 Iroc-Z

No don't worry about it, time has passed on and I've since taken them to a machine shop to have the work done Correctly. I planned to use the same size bolts that I had told you, no change in plans. You even showed me a graph of the exact same caliper bracket with the exact same sizes and dimensions. It was your fault, and I had to get it fixed because it wasn't done right the first time around. You're just bad business, it's as simple as that. Take it or leave it but that's my opinion.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:55 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 83 Z-28
Engine: LG4
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 02 WS6 Rear w/3:42

Wow what a suprise, another thread about TPl383 scaming more people. I don't understand why people still do business with this guy. I have read plenty of threads over the years of him screwing people over.

Last edited by Zrated83; 08-27-2007 at 02:23 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:17 PM

Car: 91GTA 89TTA
Engine: 305 3.8 Turbo
Transmission: MK6 2004r
Axle/Gears: G80 3.42s 3.27s

Originally Posted by TPl383
. Shipping **** out on time. Ive said it before Ya I tent not to get **** out in a timly manner. Your right when i rely on other people to help me out to catch up on **** it goes south.( I should have put off a few other local jobs I was behine on and Polished your stuff myself) I should know better by now but Im a gluten for punishment I guess.

Just from what you said here makes me wonder about you. Not learning from your mistakes and continuing to opperate a business in a way that you know pisses customers off is nothing short of stupid.

Thanx for the heads up on this.....I was contemplating a set of gauge rings for the TA. Thanx but no thanx......I dont need the hassle.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:38 PM
Supreme Member

Location: Somewhere around the South Side of Chicago just crusin' in one of the Niteriders
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 92RS 25th Anniv./88 IROC Z28 Vert
Engine: 305 TBI w/Tpi Air / 305 TPI
Transmission: 700r4/700r4
Axle/Gears: Posi

Well this is interesting reading. I was in contact with Chris (seemed like a nice guy) and was possibly getting a set of RS embs but my money got sidetracked and I was going to wait until Sept. Now I guess I will just wait and see how this thread plays out...
Old 08-27-2007, 12:58 PM

Car: 87 Trans Am GTA
Engine: 408 LS
Transmission: LS 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 9 Bolt/3.70 Gears/TAP Girdle

Originally Posted by 86NiteRider
Well this is interesting reading. I was in contact with Chris (seemed like a nice guy) and was possibly getting a set of RS embs but my money got sidetracked and I was going to wait until Sept. Now I guess I will just wait and see how this thread plays out...
just do a search for tpi383 or ce coatings in the vendor review section and see what you come up with.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:08 PM
Supreme Member

Car: Pair of 92 Z28s

some good reading here...
Old 08-27-2007, 02:24 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by CashMunson
just do a search for tpi383 or ce coatings in the vendor review section and see what you come up with.

This is no suprise. Just do a search and see for yourself.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:31 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Duratys
Thanx for the heads up on this.....I was contemplating a set of gauge rings for the TA. Thanx but no thanx......I dont need the hassle.
Originally Posted by 86NiteRider

Re-read above. MAV is "THE ONLY ONE" complaining he didnt get emblems. Ive shipped out a dozen or so sets. and for some weird reason "ONLY" his have got lost.

SweetRide45 got his Guage rings, ChevyKen, blk88cam,luvofjah, and a handfull of others got their emblems.,or custom CnC made parts..... God knows how many people got custom stickers,etc...

I subed out a polishing job on a TPI. Brisk got pic's of it. Didnt say a think. even AFTER he got untill just now. id think looking at pic's he should have said Hey that looks sub par..... ANYONE who know cast parts Your gonna have some pitting left. I dont car eif your god himself polishing. your NOT gonna get em all out. Thats the facts with a cast piece.. Now billet on the other hand you can get perfect..

Im not even gonna get into it with you again if your still pissed about the brackets.. let see I let you hack up a set of brackets to use for your car while working on em at MY house.?bens house who ever cut em up while I was gone... You say you will pay for em in a week or so.... MONTHS GO by and nothing..... So You say I can just come take em back and you will get diff. ones.. Mmmmm..... Well damm.. I guess that sounds kinda like me only diff. is Everything Id seemed to **** people off on is when I sub **** out to get done.

As said Above you would think id learn my lesson by now but I give diff. people trys thinking hey this person will be better then the last and seem to get bit in the *** most of the time....
Old 08-27-2007, 03:12 PM
Supreme Member

I'll just copy/paste it in a e-mail and rspond to it all later... Im goin to bed...
For the record, I'm still waiting on your reply. I sent that email to you to the address fstfbdy@gmail.com on 8/15/2007 at 8:48AM PST.., but what you didn't know is I BCC'd it to two other people whom both recieved and responded to that specific email. I'm not saying you did get it, but others did, and you recieved each and every other previous email I've sent you before, so....

And as for the pictures of the parts, I had to ask several times before you got PO'd and sent me one image, this one; http://www.cecoatings.com/images/BRISK/TPI2.JPG

The attached file you sent was small and looked half decent, however responding was pointless because you claimed to have already sent out my parts. There are a few points which make me believe they are not my parts. The first thing I notice is the lines/recesses on the fuel rail are powder coated black, which is what we had agreed upon. However the fuel rail I recieved does not possess any powder coating, unless if fell off during transit. Secondly you can tell by enlarging the image that the metal tray on the bottom of the intake (that sits inbetween the lifter valley) is all warped and bent up. Mine was not bent and warped up when I sent it to you, nor when it was returned.

But now that I'm looking at that one specific image again, the only one you've ever sent me, it is possible parts of it are mine. For example looking at the runner there is one allen head bolt and two torx bolts holding it on, the rest are missing. Well infact the parts you returned to me were missing most of the bolts, remember I sent it to you 100% complete... so mabey those are some of my missing bolts, or in fact the only bolts you returned?

And taking quality into consideration, look at the quality of the polishing on that one runner and the side of the plenum. It looks horrible from that image, more like buffed up then hit with steel wool dull the appearence... just like the parts I recieved.

Well after more consideration they may infact be my parts, thats not really the issue at hand thou, but the quality of work done does in fact makes it appear as though they could be mine. The fuel rail certinally isn't mine unless you stripped it of the powder coating after the image, or replaced it all together.

But lets not get side tracked, lets deal with the purposal I have put in front of you, ok? Lets refresh;

Bottom line, forget the remainder of my parts, keep them. I would like a portion of my money refunded, 50% sounds fair to me considering the missing parts, incomplete services as agreed upon, and general lack of quality for services performed. You can send me a certified cheque or money order, or paypal the money to my account cen@sor.ed If using paypal, I too will cover 2% and you add 2% to the total.
You have my email address and it is the same one I use on paypal. I think I am being more than fair, I should be demanding a complete 100% refund.

I paid you $365 for services render, then an additional $50 for stripping the nickel which I can look past. Please return $182.50 (or $186.15 if using paypal) and we'll close this issue. Forget my remaining parts, forget the 'free offer' of billet emblems.

You can reply here or by email.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:49 PM

Car: 87 Trans Am GTA
Engine: 408 LS
Transmission: LS 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 9 Bolt/3.70 Gears/TAP Girdle

Im not even gonna get into it with you again if your still pissed about the brackets.. let see I let you hack up a set of brackets to use for your car while working on em at MY house.?bens house who ever cut em up while I was gone... You say you will pay for em in a week or so.... MONTHS GO by and nothing..... So You say I can just come take em back and you will get diff. ones.. Mmmmm..... Well damm.. I guess that sounds kinda like me only diff. is Everything Id seemed to **** people off on is when I sub **** out to get done.

As said Above you would think id learn my lesson by now but I give diff. people trys thinking hey this person will be better then the last and seem to get bit in the *** most of the time....
why would i pay for brackets when i gave you the brackets off my car to replace the ones we used? i'm not really pissed about anything other then how you renigged on the pull down motor. you gave me one to use until i got another one, then you all of a sudden wanted it back, bad. why? to use on your vert? a car that hasn't ever moved under it's own power. you went as far as to threaten me with police action and all kinds of other ****, all that over a hatch motor. but hey i got over it, it showed me what kind of person you are, and taught me to stay away. these people are learning the same thing, just from different situations.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:08 PM
Supreme Member

I still dono wher ethe hell you get the idea those are someone elses parts sent to you. YOUR TPI is the "ONLY" one I gave to Brian at PPolishing to do for me. and hes not a car guy and was like Whats this a SuperCharger.. :mesmacksforhead: That bottom Plate if I recall corectally was dented in a few spots. Unless im thinking of the edelb. one I just did a 2 weeks ago.. liek you said thats besides the point. you got "YOUR" parts back. not someone elses.

As for your e-mail Im glad someone esle got it also I didn't. As a matter of fact I had a guy call and say he e-mailed me a pictire of a few turbos he needs coated and polished. I never got those e-mails either.

As for the missing bolts and housing I'll see if they are at Brians. :shrug: I have no clue. All should have been in a bag.

No problem on forget the offer of "free billet baged" Hey I figured for the fustration its something I could do considering they are a few hundred bucks worth of custom embelms. As for your OFFER on te table......e-mail will be headed your way I'll contact Brian since thats who got paid for "the polishing" and I got paid for the powder. Either way.

And as said TIME and TIME again Above I'M not out to "scam/screw/rip anybody off." **** Ive GAVE pleanty of parts and discounts to people on here for many of things. Be it for lending me parts to prodotype for billet stuff, Military discounts or just someone with no $$ who needed parts to put a car back on the road etc...... So take it as you will whats done is done as most would say....

On a side note. Your not even using the slp runners since you got AS&M Id be more then willing to buy em from for..xxx$$ + partial refund.. and resell em with a custom Billet plenum I fabbed up and welded up and ported base.
----------
why would i pay for brackets when i gave you the brackets off my car to replace the ones we used? i'm not really pissed about anything other then how you renigged on the pull down motor. you gave me one to use until i got another one, then you all of a sudden wanted it back, bad. why? to use on your vert? a car that hasn't ever moved under it's own power. you went as far as to threaten me with police action and all kinds of other ****, all that over a hatch motor. but hey i got over it, it showed me what kind of person you are, and taught me to stay away. these people are learning the same thing, just from different situations.
Its been too long for my old *** to rem. about the brackets. Ok so then it was the hatch motor you said you would get me asap.. and nothing ever came of it.
Ya your right the car hasnt moved under its own power but I was also at the point of the vert conversion welding in the truck brace etc that motor was needed. and I aske dyo time and time gain for a replacement. and you keep giving me the I have no $ to replace it. month after month... like you said I got over it and moved on and had no hard feelings over it. **** you could have even offerd to just get a non motorized one etc... Either way ohhh well. that was crist a few years ago.....

Last edited by FSTFBDY; 08-27-2007 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-27-2007, 11:33 PM

Car: 88 Iroc Vert/ 1980 Z28
Engine: 305 TPI/ 350
Transmission: 700R4/ TH350
Axle/Gears: 2.73posi/ 3.08 Open

Brisk and my fellow canucks check out you tube and search "psychocycles"
Jimmy is my wife's friend and he does good work. Check out the video "psycho cycles custom work" and see for yourself. He's in Leduc Alberta. That's just outside Edmonton.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:13 AM
Supreme Member

I'll just copy/paste it in a e-mail and rspond to it all later... Im goin to bed...
Originally Posted by Brisk
For the record, I'm still waiting on your reply.

I'm still waiting for a reply...
Old 08-30-2007, 02:34 PM

Car: '89 Formula 350
Engine: 5.7L L98 TPI
Transmission: 700-R4 Automatic
Axle/Gears: 7.5 disc posi 3.23

I TRIED TO WARN YOU!!!!!!!!!

I posted up awhile back about the ashh hoe. He is really good a scamming people and blaming others when he forks up. The search button is invaluable. Here is mine. They all thought I was being to harsh.

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/afte...ings-like.html

P.S. Chris I would consider that whole thing about closing your garage doors and crap. It would be better for everybody.

Chris>>

Old 08-30-2007, 03:37 PM
dr1

Car: '89 Firebird Formula
Engine: 305 TBI
Transmission: T5

And as said TIME and TIME again Above I'M not out to "scam/screw/rip anybody off." **** Ive GAVE pleanty of parts and discounts to people on here for many of things. Be it for lending me parts to prodotype for billet stuff, Military discounts or just someone with no $$ who needed parts to put a car back on the road etc...... So take it as you will whats done is done as most would say....
Thats great man, really it is, and I'm sure you've made plenty of lifetime friends and supporters doing so.. but your running a business here, your exchanging $$ for services, in some kind of timely fashion. Which according to half this forum over the years, is not how you operate.. if you dont have time todo the work, dont take on the work.. there is really nothing worse you can do for yourself then neglect your customers. Even if thats not what was happening, on the customers end thats what it feels like. I can not imagine how many peoples summers were wasted, waiting on some shop to get them there damn parts back so they can get on the road again.

I mean if it was you who sent the parts out, paid $$ for service with a 3-4 week turn around, got your stuff back 4 months later to find half of the loose nuts and bolts missing or anything else.. sounds like full refund time at that point. Time is money, and you wasted 3 months worth of this guys money, then didnt send all his parts back, and lets just disregard quality completely because who knows.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:21 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by dr1
...and lets just disregard quality completely because who knows.
Ok, here are some pics.

Note the lack of shine/reflection with the polished parts and the pitting/scuffing present everywhere. Note the horrible 'black powdercoating' on the plenum and extension recesses, and the complete lack of powdercoating in the fuel rail recesses (which is partly a reason why I question if those were my parts TPI383 posted pictures of...). I also question if this truly is powdercoating for it easy scrapes off with gentle pressure from a fingernail.

As for the intake notice the coating with pin-dots present all over the place suggesting a very thin/inadequatly applied powdercoating. There is also some peeling present, compounded ten-fold after I had to run a thread chaser through the threads, which to me suggests the powdercoating surface was ineffectivly prepared and/or inadequatly cured.

Again I believe Chris/TPI383 "rushed" my parts out the door because he got tired of me hounding him to get my pieces returned. I feel he inadequatly performed [/I]all services[/i] agreed upon.

Also notice the lack of a reply from Mr. Chris Eckard/TPI383, still. I'm now seeking a full refund for this is bullsh!t.

You have my userrname and the address of this thread, you have my email address, you have my phone number, hell you even have my mailing address... certinally you can figure out a way to communicate and resolve this!
Old 08-31-2007, 12:13 AM
Supreme Member

Also notice the lack of a reply from Mr. Chris Eckard/TPI383, still. I'm now seeking a full refund for this is bullsh!t.
Lack of reply.. are you fken blind as I must be goin .? I question weither your posting pic's of the same **** or not myself. NO way the runners looked that bad. Your right the plenum looks overcured and wrinkled up. and I see NO PinHoling on the intake besided Brian not polishing the logo as wanted..... maybe Im goin blind....

You said this...
You have my email address and it is the same one I use on paypal. I think I am being more than fair, I should be demanding a complete 100% refund.

I paid you $365 for services render, then an additional $50 for stripping the nickel which I can look past. Please return $182.50 (or $186.15 if using paypal) and we'll close this issue. Forget my remaining parts, forget the 'free offer' of billet emblems.

You can reply here or by email.
I replied here.

I still dono wher ethe hell you get the idea those are someone elses parts sent to you. YOUR TPI is the "ONLY" one I gave to Brian at PPolishing to do for me. and hes not a car guy and was like Whats this a SuperCharger.. :mesmacksforhead: That bottom Plate if I recall corectally was dented in a few spots. Unless im thinking of the edelb. one I just did a 2 weeks ago.. liek you said thats besides the point. you got "YOUR" parts back. not someone elses.

As for your e-mail Im glad someone esle got it also I didn't. As a matter of fact I had a guy call and say he e-mailed me a pictire of a few turbos he needs coated and polished. I never got those e-mails either.

As for the missing bolts and housing I'll see if they are at Brians. :shrug: I have no clue. All should have been in a bag.

No problem on forget the offer of "free billet baged" Hey I figured for the fustration its something I could do considering they are a few hundred bucks worth of custom embelms. As for your OFFER on te table......e-mail will be headed your way I'll contact Brian since thats who got paid for "the polishing" and I got paid for the powder. Either way.

On a side note. Your not even using the slp runners since you got AS&M Id be more then willing to buy em from for..xxx$$ + partial refund.. and resell em with a custom Billet plenum I fabbed up and welded up and ported base.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:00 AM
Supreme Member

As for your OFFER on te table......e-mail will be headed your way I'll contact Brian since thats who got paid for "the polishing" and I got paid for the powder. Either way.
Originally Posted by TPI383
As i said I "NEVER GOT a E-Mail from you" forward it again.. or I'll just copy/paste it in a e-mail and rspond to it all later... Im goin to bed...
This is what I'm still waiting for.. actually what I am really waiting for is a refund.

Those runners are the only SLP runners I have, which were returned by you. Look at the plenum and extension pics, not only crappy powdercoating but also lots of pitting. Look at the camera reflection, hardly like a mirror or anything polished half decently.

Look again at the intake below the big mouth lettering, see all those white dots.. and all over on the right side below the holes where the injectors go in? Well thats not dust, thats bare metal poking through. The back of the intake has larger bubbles of missing powdercoating.

Shall I post more pics for proof? I've got lots, and I can take take more and post them with ease.

I'll repeat it again, I want a refund... either whole or 50%, which is more than fair. Pull your socks up and admit it, the services performed were crap. You know it. You admited it yourself by saying **** always goes south when you don't do it personally.

Your right when i rely on other people to help me out to catch up on **** it goes south.( I should have put off a few other local jobs I was behine on and Polished your stuff myself) I should know better by now but Im a gluten for punishment I guess.
id think looking at pic's he should have said Hey that looks sub par.....
Everything Id seemed to **** people off on is when I sub **** out to get done.

You admitted it, its up to you to make it right. I paid you for services, its up to you to refund the money. If you want to go after your monkey for sub-par work, thats your choice after the fact.

Id be more then willing to buy em from for..xxx$$ + partial refund.. and resell em
Ok fine, since I won't be using them anymore. They currently sell for $345 new at http://www.slponline.com/view_produc...02&BIG=20002-1 I'll take $102.50 off for used parts, oh and lets not forget the added value of these parts being "professionaly polished". I used an odd number to make the final outcome an even sum.

Let us add a %50 refund. I sent you a total of $415. $252.50 + $207.50 = $450. I will accept paypal if you add 4%, I will hold all cheques/certified money orders until they clear.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:16 AM
Supreme Member

Ok fine, since I won't be using them anymore. They currently sell for $345 new at http://www.slponline.com/view_produc...02&BIG=20002-1 I'll take $102.50 off for used parts, oh and lets not forget the added value of these parts being "professionaly polished". I used an odd number to make the final outcome an even sum.

Let us add a %50 refund. I sent you a total of $415. $252.50 + $207.50 = $450. I will accept paypal if you add 4%, I will hold all cheques/certified money orders until they clear.
Come up with a real # and well talk....

Good Luck selling USED SLP runners for $100 less then SLP sells em for new.

Esp since they have 2 cracks on the top flange I told you about since day one when I received em. Im sure you have that e-mail saved also.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:19 AM
Supreme Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Car: 1992 Camaro RS
Engine: Vortec headed 355, xe262
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 9-bolt 3.70

This thread is an eye-opener and he has some very reasonable options out on the table for you to repair your reputation. That last post of yours is interesting. Just remember, how you handle your customers publicly WILL affect other people's perceptions of your integrity.

Everyone understands that you aren't obligated to refund him anything at all, but everyone also is under the impression you ripped him off. How much is your reputation worth to you?
Old 08-31-2007, 11:48 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by InfernalVortex
This thread is an eye-opener and he has some very reasonable options out on the table for you to repair your reputation. That last post of yours is interesting. Just remember, how you handle your customers publicly WILL affect other people's perceptions of your integrity.

Everyone understands that you aren't obligated to refund him anything at all, but everyone also is under the impression you ripped him off. How much is your reputation worth to you?
what i meant by come up with a real # is. (2) cracked SLP runners arnt gonna sell in the classified or anywhere for $102 less then SLP sells em for.

Your gonna take a chance running em as is and wonder if the crack will get worse by the bolt holes or not. I have no idea what he planned to do. I myself would NOT run em as is and would have em tig welded and fixed.

So he come sup with a real # and thats worth my $. I know I dang well would say $102 less then New. When you see used SLPs in good condition for $200-250 all the time.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:48 AM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: '88 Iroc, '91 RS, and a '70 RS
Engine: 5.7 TPI; 5.0 TBI; ZZ4/T56 on the ag
Transmission: A4, A4, slated to be a T56

Wow....

Ed
Old 08-31-2007, 12:48 PM

Well this certainly got some attention quick. I'm still waiting to hear from USPS. Maybe I'll get lucky and get my money back from them seeing as that's my only recourse
Old 08-31-2007, 01:09 PM

Car: 91Z
Engine: 355/afr/sr/lpe219
Transmission: built 700R

This keeps getting worse.....
Old 08-31-2007, 01:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 87 GTA, 88 GTA, 92 TA, 72 RS SS
Engine: 350, 350, 305, 396
Transmission: T56, 700r4, 700r4, T56
Axle/Gears: 3.42, 3.23, 3.23, 3.73

That polish and powdercoat job looks like S&!t. Brisk I agree you need to get most if not all your money back on this.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:53 PM
Supreme Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Car: 1992 Camaro RS
Engine: Vortec headed 355, xe262
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 9-bolt 3.70

what i meant by come up with a real # is. (2) cracked SLP runners arnt gonna sell in the classified or anywhere for $102 less then SLP sells em for.

Your gonna take a chance running em as is and wonder if the crack will get worse by the bolt holes or not. I have no idea what he planned to do. I myself would NOT run em as is and would have em tig welded and fixed.

So he come sup with a real # and thats worth my $. I know I dang well would say $102 less then New. When you see used SLPs in good condition for $200-250 all the time.

How much is your reputation worth to you?
Old 08-31-2007, 02:38 PM
Supreme Member

Car: Pair of 92 Z28s

How about **** what the slp runners are worth and refund him a full god damn amount for the work he payed for?

Jeeze man...i was actually waiting for both ends of this before i commented but your just being rediculous now...

Learn to SATISFY your customers and treat them with RESPECT.

Last edited by Stevo; 08-31-2007 at 02:42 PM.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:34 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 89 RS
Engine: 383 in building process
Transmission: 700r4

Originally Posted by ebmiller88
Wow....

Ed
I second that....Wow.....
Old 08-31-2007, 08:14 PM
Supreme Member

Wow is right. Those pieces look like garbage from a supposed "proffesional" lmao. You call that a polishing job with all those swirls? And yeah you can't get all the pitts out of the plenum but that is unacceptable. I have polished out the tpi systems on my cars and you can get a lot of the pitts out, just takes time and effort, none of which were put into Brisk's parts. The "powder coating" looks horrible. Nice job spraying inside the thermostat housing and all the threads. Brisk deserves a full refund, nothing less.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:25 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Zrated83
Wow is right. Those pieces look like garbage from a supposed "proffesional" lmao. You call that a polishing job with all those swirls? And yeah you can't get all the pitts out of the plenum but that is unacceptable. I have polished out the tpi systems on my cars and you can get a lot of the pitts out, just takes time and effort, none of which were put into Brisk's parts. The "powder coating" looks horrible. Nice job spraying inside the thermostat housing and all the threads. Brisk deserves a full refund, nothing less.

WOW is right.... Did you bother reading anything above. "I DID NOT DO THE POLISHING" I subed it out to a local guy who does polishing on the side now and then. How many ******* times does it have to be said like above. sheesh....

I said he would get a refund for what ever Brian wants to refund him for the polishing. and Some for the plenum powder and not chasin the threads before it got shipped it all back out.

I offered to Chrome Plate Everything long ago for FREE (when it was takin so long to get back at no additional cost. I offered to give him custom billet emblems , etc.. but he didn't wan't anything...

As far as in the thrmo area .. crist you better not go buy a 40k new Harley Davidson. They coat the INSIDE and OUT side of the cases,etc.. Ive done dozens of em for a few local HD shops and the 1st one I seen I was like WTF inside and out was done. The even said HD does em that way so just mask off gasket surfaces. It hurts nothing. I know lots in the industry that do things the same way... Never had a problem with powder or ceramic like that.

Heres something I did when I do polish...
http://www.cecoatings.com/images/polished/DSC03994.JPG
http://www.cecoatings.com/images/polished/DSC03996.JPG

You want it redone before you sell em/use em "I'LL" redo em and they WILL look like the other **** I did.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:06 PM

Car: 87 GTA, 88 GTA, 92 TA, 72 RS SS
Engine: 350, 350, 305, 396
Transmission: T56, 700r4, 700r4, T56
Axle/Gears: 3.42, 3.23, 3.23, 3.73

...When I polish I polish to the best I can get it. No 1/2 a job to make it look ok or so so..."

Quote:
...but again as I said above... I do the best Job I can because my company's name is on the work I do. So if someone is looking at a piece of work and says WOW thats awesome who did it. I can say that would be me. now if they look at it and say WOW that looks good but why did they do all that work and skimp on the areas like this...this..this.. It would have looked 10x better if they would have spend the extra hour or so to top it all off. Know what I mean...

Quote:
...I hope this helps you to deside what you want to do. I can tell you this. You deff. WONT be disappointed in the look once its done...

Dude, you sell this guy a polish job with the BS above, saying you were going to do it, he pays YOU to do it and then months later you send him back a **** polish job and blame it on someone else?

And then tell him he has to wait and see what the guy you hired to do the polishing is going to do about it?

This is between you and brisk, you need to man up and give him a refund
Old 08-31-2007, 10:57 PM

Car: '87 IROC Z w/43,000 miles
Engine: 305 F code motor
Transmission: 4 speed auto
Axle/Gears: 3.73

Moderators,

Could ya, would ya, will ya do us all a favor and lock this pissing match thread?
Old 09-01-2007, 01:13 AM
TGO Supporter

Location: Avatar: My 34' 1989 Scarab III w/ twin 454's (502's Started!)
Car: 1989 Wellcraft Scarab III
Engine: Twin 454's
Axle/Gears: Twin Mercruiser Bravo I's

Cat59,

This is, as I see it, a legitimate complaint about an aftermarket vendor. I personally have no intention of closing it at this point. Furthermore, this vendor has a long history of treating it's customers in this manner, so it's a good thing for this information to be available and updated to all TGO members.

I will continue to watch the thread, of course.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:26 AM

Car: '87 IROC Z w/43,000 miles
Engine: 305 F code motor
Transmission: 4 speed auto
Axle/Gears: 3.73

You're the Boss.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:42 PM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 89 IROC
Engine: 305 TPI / ZZ4 cam
Transmission: Stage 2 700R4, LS1 driveshaft
Axle/Gears: Strange 3.42 w/ Auburn

Chris,

A business suggestion. Stop while you are behind. Have you noticed that there are over 750 hits to this thread? That's a lot of potential business ($$) you are putting at risk with this back and forth nonsense.

Even if you feel the customer is not right in this case, it's not wise to keep engaging him on the board.

I for one would have done business with you on some custom emblems and if satisfied would have praised your work to my club members (all 200+ of them, who probably would have told others as well). The last weekly show our club attended had 400 cars!! There is a viable business opportunity here in Ontario. People I see with polished custom emblems all have gone to the US to get them done.

You are not presenting yourself as a person who conducts business professionally.

Just a thought........
Old 09-02-2007, 02:56 PM
Supreme Member

Come up with a real # and well talk....
ok, we'll do this again...

Good Luck selling USED SLP runners for $100 less then SLP sells em for new.
When you see used SLPs in good condition for $200-250 all the time.
Lets refresh. You, yourself, say they go "for $200-250 all the time". They are $345 new. Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't that rougly $100-$150 less than new? I am resonable, I'll split the difference.

As for damage, I don't see any obvious cracks on the flanges. I'll have to go inspect them again but I didn't see anything, nor did I ever have any problems running with these runners before or after they were returned. I did run them for about two weeks before switching to AS&M's.

I offered to Chrome Plate Everything long ago for FREE (when it was takin so long to get back at no additional cost. I offered to give him custom billet emblems , etc.. but he didn't wan't anything...
Lets tell the truth, ok? You did offer to chrome plate the runners and plenum because you lost possession of my big mouth intake while 'your polisher' vanished off the face of the earth.

You could not find me a 'used' replacement intake for a price you were willing to pay, and you refused to replace my intake with a new one. It was only then you offered to upgrade my services and 'chrome plate' my parts or give me a set of billet emblems to REPLACE my lost intake.

NOT because "it was takin so long to get back" and NOT "at no additional cost".

IF you had offered to chrome plate my parts for free just because "it was takin so long to get back" I would have jumped on that oppertunity in a heartbeat. However I was not willing to have chrome plating or billet emlems as a replacement for my lost intake. I wanted my intake or a indentical replacement without substitution.

You want it redone before you sell em/use em "I'LL" redo em and they WILL look like the other **** I did.
I'm sorry. Those are the services I paid for, the first time. Those are the services I had expected, the first time. Those are the services I waited for, for more then 4 months before being truly disappointed. It is lack of those services which brings us to this thread today and it is up to you to make things right.

I'm still seeking a minimum 50% refund. Good condition runners sell for $200-250 all the time? Fine, I'll split the difference to $225. Keep in mind the only reason I'm willing to send these back to you is simply to get a 50% refund. Total is $432.50 plus 4% if you use paypal, plus shipping charges. I'll estimate shipping is $30 from Canada, you can add that to the total (before 4% if using paypal).

Lets end this today, do the right thing.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:21 AM

Car: '91 Camaro Z28
Engine: 383 Vortec HSR
Transmission: Pro-Built 700-R4;Vig 4000 stall
Axle/Gears: Moser M9 9" / 3.89

First off, that powercoating job on that plenum is just crap. He'd been better off rattle canning that himself.

WOW is right.... Did you bother reading anything above. "I DID NOT DO THE POLISHING" I subed it out to a local guy who does polishing on the side now and then. How many ******* times does it have to be said like above. sheesh....
If the parts didn't look like something YOU would have been happy with putting YOUR name on, then you should have never let it leave your shop. Who cares now who did the work? He was under the assumption that YOU were polishing this stuff. If results like this are how its going to be, then you need to start advertising the polish work of whoever you "subed it out to", instead of showing customers pics of things YOU'VE polished.

You need to get the stuff right the first time. People don't want a half-assed product/service and a freebie thrown in to make it all better. They want the stuff done right, for the agreed upon price/time. (The old saying, "If you're not going to do it the right way, don't do it at all")

If I were him, I certainly wouldn't want to send you back my crap just to have you lose some more parts or never send them back. In this case its better just to refund his money and save your rep. Customer service is key. Hell, he said he'd even be happy with a half-refund.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:52 AM
Supreme Member

Location: Somewhere around the South Side of Chicago just crusin' in one of the Niteriders
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 92RS 25th Anniv./88 IROC Z28 Vert
Engine: 305 TBI w/Tpi Air / 305 TPI
Transmission: 700r4/700r4
Axle/Gears: Posi

Wow...this is like a soap opera...well I guess I will go without the polished embs....give the guy a refund....even if it's half of his money which I don't know why he will even accept that...sometimes in business Chris you got to take a hit...this looks like one of those times...and you are responsible for anyones work you subcontract to...it might as well have your name on it...save your rep and do the right thing...Wow!

Quick Reply: Chris / TPI383 - CE Coatings Review