Aftermarket Vendor Review Provide questions and comments about aftermarket part vendors for the Third Gen F-Body.

Beware of Classic Industries

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 03:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Beware of Classic Industries

Hey Guys, if anyone can either contact Tonkatoy or has his info can you PM me. Thanks.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gentlemen,

We would like to thank TwinTurboROC aka Dave for bringing this thread to our attention.

At Classic Industries, we pride ourselves on providing quality parts at competitive pricing and having most items in stock and ready to ship within 24-48 hours. We back it up with a 100% satisfaction money back guarantee. If for any reason you are not satisfied with a product or purchase, you can return the product within 30 days of receipt for a full refund, credit or exchange. If any of you have been dissatisfied with your transaction with Classic Industries, please let us know by calling 800-854-1280 or emailing info@classicindustries.com and asking to speak to the Sales Director. We will do our best to make it right.

Regarding Backorders: Classic Industries will never bill for a backordered item until the item becomes available and is ready to ship. We do not accept deposits for backordered merchandise, either. We take the order and then if the item becomes available within 90 days of your original order date, we will automatically bill you for the item and ship the order without notification. If the item is on backorder for longer than 90 days, we will inform you when the item becomes available and you will have the option of completing the order or cancelling the order at that time. But there are never any charges for an item that is backordered unless we can ship it within a reasonable amount of time, it is available and is ready to ship or (after 90 days) the customer has been notified that it is in stock and he agrees to complete the order.

In reference to TonkaToy who had a store credit (due to an overpayment on an international order) that was being applied toward an item that was a long term backorder, the process is very simple. Cancel the backorder, request a refund and you will be refunded the total amount of the credit. Not sure how this misunderstanding occurred, but that is our company policy regarding store credits, overpayments and backorders and that is what we would do for Tonkatoy if he asks us to do it.

In regards to any issues with quality or warranty, the process is also very simple. Call or email with your concerns and we will work with you to find a solution to the problem. If it is a warranty issue, most will be covered by a manufacturer's limited warranty. If you are unhappy with quality of a product purchased from us, let us know. We will replace it or exchange it for you within 30 days of receipt for a full refund, credit or exchange.

We appreciate your business and value our loyal customers. We welcome any thirdgen forum members to PM us or contact us by phone or email regarding any issues you would like to bring to our attention. We are here to serve you and value your input.

Sincerely,

Ray Yager - Merchandising Director
Classic Industries
Old 06-27-2012, 08:22 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 89 Black IROC-Z convertible
Engine: 305 TBI
Transmission: Auto

Guys/Gals...post your experiences.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:39 PM
Supreme Member

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
Car: 82 TA 87 IZ L98 88 IZ LB9 88 IZ L98
Engine: 5.7TBI 5,7TPI 5.0TPI, 5,7TPI
Transmission: T5, 700R4, T5, 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.08, 3.27, 3.45, 3.27

I'll let you see how happy I was with the OER junk

Awesome color match, and notice how it's smaller than the indentation left by the stock one coming off? That one was removed because it failed after years of use. This car has a 100% original interior apart from the Porsche seats in it now, built in Switserland.

Pull on it once and whammo!!

Just for showing what kind of junk you can expect. I won't go into details about the sorry excuse for a headliner or some other stuff. Not interested in kiss & make up either, never a customer ever again! I found that my best strategy is a 1 strike you're out type of deal, so far only a couple have held up, the ones that didn't include CI, Jegs, Zip, Corvette Central and others.

Last edited by Twin_Turbo; 06-27-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:38 AM

Car: 89 Iroc-Z Ragtop, 2012 Toyota Hilux
Engine: 305ci V8 TPI
Transmission: Both Auto's(Wife can't drive stick)

Thanks for your help. Can you please pm me the email you sent to them so I can respond directly. You got so much further than I could. Yes it was out of the norm as they started by over charging me.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by TwinTurboROC
Hey Guys, if anyone can either contact Tonkatoy or has his info can you PM me. Thanks.
Mate thanks for your support, case is open again & I have contacted Ray via the Classic Industries website. I can't thank you enough. If there is anyway I can thank you from little old New Zealand let me know. If you are ever over here you have a bed here to stay. Will keep you all posted. Man I love this worldwide support. Thanks to all of you.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by Classic1
Gentlemen,

We would like to thank TwinTurboROC aka Dave for bringing this thread to our attention.

At Classic Industries, we pride ourselves on providing quality parts at competitive pricing and having most items in stock and ready to ship within 24-48 hours. We back it up with a 100% satisfaction money back guarantee. If for any reason you are not satisfied with a product or purchase, you can return the product within 30 days of receipt for a full refund, credit or exchange. If any of you have been dissatisfied with your transaction with Classic Industries, please let us know by calling 800-854-1280 or emailing info@classicindustries.com and asking to speak to the Sales Director. We will do our best to make it right.

Regarding Backorders: Classic Industries will never bill for a backordered item until the item becomes available and is ready to ship. We do not accept deposits for backordered merchandise, either. We take the order and then if the item becomes available within 90 days of your original order date, we will automatically bill you for the item and ship the order without notification. If the item is on backorder for longer than 90 days, we will inform you when the item becomes available and you will have the option of completing the order or cancelling the order at that time. But there are never any charges for an item that is backordered unless we can ship it within a reasonable amount of time, it is available and is ready to ship or (after 90 days) the customer has been notified that it is in stock and he agrees to complete the order.

In reference to TonkaToy who had a store credit (due to an overpayment on an international order) that was being applied toward an item that was a long term backorder, the process is very simple. Cancel the backorder, request a refund and you will be refunded the total amount of the credit. Not sure how this misunderstanding occurred, but that is our company policy regarding store credits, overpayments and backorders and that is what we would do for Tonkatoy if he asks us to do it.

In regards to any issues with quality or warranty, the process is also very simple. Call or email with your concerns and we will work with you to find a solution to the problem. If it is a warranty issue, most will be covered by a manufacturer's limited warranty. If you are unhappy with quality of a product purchased from us, let us know. We will replace it or exchange it for you within 30 days of receipt for a full refund, credit or exchange.

We appreciate your business and value our loyal customers. We welcome any thirdgen forum members to PM us or contact us by phone or email regarding any issues you would like to bring to our attention. We are here to serve you and value your input.

Sincerely,

Classic Industries
Sometimes you can't return items within 30 days as it too longer than that to get to me. The reason the "Misunderstanding" happened was that they never offered me the option to cancel the backorder unless I paid the 20% fee for restocking. However I have contacted Ray directly so will see what happens and if they follow through with the 100% refund that they promised in there letter/Post on this site. Will keep you all posted.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:06 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

At least they (Classic Industries) are trying to find a solution. I am sure they serve thousands of customers every week so the fact that they are trying to help is a positive sign.

Luis
Old 06-28-2012, 11:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Tonkatoy
Sometimes you can't return items within 30 days as it too longer than that to get to me. The reason the "Misunderstanding" happened was that they never offered me the option to cancel the backorder unless I paid the 20% fee for restocking. However I have contacted Ray directly so will see what happens and if they follow through with the 100% refund that they promised in there letter/Post on this site. Will keep you all posted.
Hello Mr. Tonkin,

We are very sorry that you were not satisfied with your order and we apologize for any inconvenience. We have opened an investigation into this issue and we assure you that we will do our best to find out what went wrong and correct it.

We value our loyal customers and appreciate your business. It is our company policy to provide great customer service and most of the time, I believe we are very successful in doing so. We hope you will give us the chance to make it right and allow us the privilege of serving you again in the future.

Our Sales Director, Brian Levine will be in contact soon to resolve this issue to your complete satisfaction. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Lastly, I did want to mention to you that the 30 day time period is in effect "from receipt" of your order not from the date the order "is placed". So, if it takes longer then 30 days to receive your order, as you indicated above, the return policy is still applicable. Also, please understand that this does not mean that there is no recourse after 30 days. The 30 day policy is "rule of thumb" for returns. If you have an issue after 30 days, we still encourage you to contact us about it and we are still willing to help in any way we can. Our goal is for your complete satisfaction.

Ray Yager
Merchandising Director
Classic Industries
Old 06-28-2012, 12:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Twin_Turbo
I'll let you see how happy I was with the OER junk. Awesome color match, and notice how it's smaller than the indentation left by the stock one coming off? That one was removed because it failed after years of use. This car has a 100% original interior apart from the Porsche seats in it now, built in Switserland. Pull on it once and whammo!!

Just for showing what kind of junk you can expect. I won't go into details about the sorry excuse for a headliner or some other stuff. Not interested in kiss & make up either, never a customer ever again! I found that my best strategy is a 1 strike you're out type of deal, so far only a couple have held up, the ones that didn't include CI, Jegs, Zip, Corvette Central and others.

Hello Twin Turbo,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please note that recently, this product was discontinued by Classic Industries and a new and improved product will be taking its place very soon. If you purchased this product from Classic Industries, please contact us and we will work with you to come to an acceptable resolution.

We spoke to the manufacturer of this item who informed us that they have completely retooled and greatly improved the design of this armrest. They now have a new product available that is a much more accurate and durable reproduction. The new product is manufactured in materials, grain and color that are much closer to original and should provide years of trouble-free service. Currently, Black is in stock and available for immediate delivery. Camel Tan is on order and should be available soon. They will also be available in Light Blue, Carmine Red and Firethorn as well.

OER products are covered by a one year warranty from the manufacturer. So, if your armrests failed prematurely, you may have them replaced under warranty with the new and improved product once it arrives in our warehouse. If you purchased this product from Classic Industries, please contact us at 800-854-1280 or email us at info@classicindustries.com and we will gladly assist you.

Best Regards,

Classic Industries
Old 06-28-2012, 12:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Pat Hall
Lol, looks like old Classic hasn't changed their policies at all. Me and one of my best friends have owned 69 Camaros since the 80's. We started dealing with Classic probably around 1987 or so, and they were pulling the same kind of crap all the way back then too. I'll never forget when my buddy ordered one of their reproduction rosewood steering wheels from them. He paid about 300 bucks for it. The 1st notice he got from them is it was on back order, then after about another 6 months they notified him that there was trouble with the quality of the reproduction, and of course they wouldn't refund his money either. In the end, he finally received his steering wheel over 3 years after he initially paid for it! And apparently they really never got the quality issue resolved either since his wheel ended up cracking after being on the car for less than a year! I bought a reproduction tachometer from them for my 69 a long time back, before the good quality repros from OER were being made. I paid about 225 bucks for it, the faceplate was friggin plastic, and where the brushed aluminum ring is supposed to be on the face of it, there was a silver decal for the damn ring! If the appearance alone wasn't bad enough, after I hooked it up and started the car, the needle would bounce up and down like a basketball. Luckily I bought it through one of their distributors who dealt with them on a regular basis. I let him handle the problem and I was actually able to return it and get a full refund. I ended up spending 150 for a used original one from Rick's 1st Generation in Georgia, and the original tach has worked perfect since the day I bolted it in! Bottom line, I stay FAR, FAR away from that outfit these days, unless it's something that absolutely nobody else carries, and that's not really a problem with all the suppliers around nowadays. Usually even the most chintziest sellers on Ebay will at least refund your money if they don't happen to have what you paid for in stock.
Hello Mr. Hall,

Since it sounds like this incident you are describing occurred in the 1980's or 90's, I cannot comment on what the policy may have been 20-25 years ago. However, I can tell you that under our current policy, Classic Industries will never bill for a backordered item until the item becomes available and is ready to ship. We do not accept deposits for backordered merchandise, either. We take the order and then if the item becomes available within 90 days of your original order date, we will automatically bill you for the item and ship the order without notification. If the item is on backorder for longer than 90 days, we will inform you when the item becomes available and you will have the option of completing the order or cancelling the order at that time. But there are never any charges for an item that is backordered unless we can ship it within a reasonable amount of time, it is available and is ready to ship or (after 90 days) the customer has been notified that it is in stock and he agrees to complete the order.

Also, please note that all OER products are backed by a 1 year Manufacturers Limited Warranty. If the steering wheel cracked "after less than a year", it would be eligible for a warranty exchange. We take pride in the quality of the products we offer and back it up with a 100% Money Back Guarantee. If for any reason you are not satisfied with a product or purchase, you can return the product within 30 days of receipt for a full refund, credit or exchange.

We hope this clarifies current policy regarding backorders and returns. We appreciate our loyal customers and hope to have the privilege of serving you and other thirdgen forum members in the future.

Best Regards,

Classic Industries
Old 06-28-2012, 12:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by majobis
I just received my third order from them. On one hand, you know they have the correct parts due to their specialty business. However, my last purchase was a new printed circuit board for my gauges. Not only did they screw me in shipping charges (over $18.00 for a small box marked "1 pound") it was ordered on a Friday morning and didn't get processed (I viewed their tracking system) until Tuesday. It didn't arrive until seven days after that.
Hello Majobis,

Thanks for the comment. Regarding the shipping charges for your recent order. If you feel the rate was unfair for the size and weight of the box, please contact us at 800-854-1280 or email us at info@classicindustries.com and we will be happy to review the order to see if an error was made. If an incorrect rate was charged, we will offer a refund or store credit to make up for it.

Please keep in mind. we have very little control over the costs of UPS and FEDEX charges. As you know, the price of oil directly affects the costs of shipping. And, the current trend is that oil prices are up. But, we make it a point to stock most of the items enthusiasts need when restoring their cars, we back it up with great customer service, fast turnaround and a "Money Back Guarantee".

Additionally, for the savvy enthusiast, we have created a few other tools that our customers can use to help offset or even eliminate shipping charges on orders. First, with Classic Industries' Volume Discounts, we offer 5% off orders of $500 or more. We offer 10% off and FREE ground shipping on all orders over $1000. So, if you are building a car and can plan your orders in advance to take advantage of this offer, not only can you receive a discount on parts, but the shipping costs become irrelevant on larger orders.

For smaller orders, we have special promotions fairly often that can help offset shipping costs. Please sign up for our Classic Industries Eblast and you will always be the first to know when we are running our "up-to 20% off sale or our "FREE ground shipping" promotion.

We also have a Price Match Guarantee that you can use should you ever need it.

We hope this information helps. We appreciate the feedback and the interaction with forum members and we thank you for your business.

Classic Industries
Old 06-28-2012, 01:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JimRockford
Wow,Sorry to hear about your problems with them.I hope you'll wind up getting your money back.

I've been to their shop to buy things from them on several occasions and have been very disappointed by the quality of their aftermarket "OER" parts as well as the slow unprofessional service. Sometimes you can end up waiting 20 minutes for your parts.

Most of the repro items are made in China and dont fit exactly as the original or are very poorly made. Their second gen pontiac arrowhead emblems for the 1977-1978 cars dont even match the originals in size,leaving a noticable gap in the mounting area. When they are marketing their items as "Original Equipment Reproduction" and charging top dollar for them,I expect them to look and fit like the original parts.

I hope you will be able to recover your money from them or at the very least get your parts.
Hello JimRockford,

Thank you for the comment. Please PM me with the part number of the emblem in question, call or email us with details and we will open an investigation into the originality and size of the product. We take pride in the quality of the products we offer and back it up with a 100% Money Back Guarantee. If for any reason you are not satisfied with a product or purchase, you can return the product within 30 days of receipt for a full refund, credit or exchange. If this emblem is manufactured incorrectly, we will work with manufacturer to see what can be done to correct it.

Best Regards,

Classic Industries

Last edited by Classic1; 06-28-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:12 PM
Supreme Member

I'm impressed with the efforts. As someone that will be ordering some parts soon, I'd like to see how this works out. Please continue to post your comments. Thanks!
Old 06-28-2012, 03:24 PM

Good customer service there!
Old 06-28-2012, 03:30 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 89RS(other cars & pics in vBgarage)
Engine: LO3, 305 TBI Mildly Modified
Transmission: BakerBuilt 700R4 w/B&M Megashifter
Axle/Gears: 3.23 Auburn Pro Series LSD

See if companys realize there is a "problem" they like to take care of it when it affects them...... Alot of people will buy a product and then have a problem with it and never contact anyone or if they do they only talk to a "Sales Weasel" not a manager

Awhile back I poseded a simple post on if anyone was having trouble with Powermaster alternators, I wasnt bashing or anything, IIRC I said I had gone through 3 in 7 year and 20,000 miles with only a 500w amp being a extra load ........ A few days later a Powermaster rep contacted me and offerd to fix the problem even though it was out of warrenty.
Classic for trying to keep your name good, enough people see this and the fact you are working on the problems they should change their mind.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Tonkatoy
Mate thanks for your support, case is open again & I have contacted Ray via the Classic Industries website. I can't thank you enough. If there is anyway I can thank you from little old New Zealand let me know. If you are ever over here you have a bed here to stay. Will keep you all posted. Man I love this worldwide support. Thanks to all of you.
No problem buddy, I may take you up on the offer one day. We should all try to help out one another.

AND PROPS TO RAY OVER AT CLASSIC INDUSTRIES FOR HELPING US OUT. Hats of to you sir.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 89RS_82Z
See if companys realize there is a "problem" they like to take care of it when it affects them...... Alot of people will buy a product and then have a problem with it and never contact anyone or if they do they only talk to a "Sales Weasel" not a manager

Awhile back I poseded a simple post on if anyone was having trouble with Powermaster alternators, I wasnt bashing or anything, IIRC I said I had gone through 3 in 7 year and 20,000 miles with only a 500w amp being a extra load ........ A few days later a Powermaster rep contacted me and offerd to fix the problem even though it was out of warrenty.
Classic for trying to keep your name good, enough people see this and the fact you are working on the problems they should change their mind.
Gentlemen, Thanks for the feedback. Hey, we're car guys, too and we're not out to cheat anybody. Most of us got into this profession because we're enthusiasts too. I'm 45 years old and have a 1970 Nova SS that was given to me by my father when I was 14 years old. I was a customer here BEFORE I was an employee. There are a bunch of us like that around here. We need to know when something goes wrong. An agent only has the authority to go so far and sometimes you may need to ask for management to step in if something out of the ordinary happens and you are not satisfied with your transaction. Our goal is to offer the best quality products available in the market, but please understand that we handle tens of thousands of products from hundreds of manufacturers. With this kind of volume, the odds are that we will have an issue once in a while. When the occasional issue comes up with a product or something goes wrong with an order, let us know and we will correct it. If it is an issue with a particular product, often times we can work with the manufacturer to correct it or source a better quality product from an alternate supplier. And, again as stated previously, we have a 100% satisfaction guarantee.

Best Regards,

Classic Industries
Old 06-28-2012, 11:24 PM

Gentlemen, Thanks for the feedback. Hey, we're car guys, too and we're not out to cheat anybody. Most of us got into this profession because we're enthusiasts too. I'm 45 years old and have a 1970 Nova SS that was given to me by my father when I was 14 years old. I was a customer here BEFORE I was an employee. There are a bunch of us like that around here. We need to know when something goes wrong. An agent only has the authority to go so far and sometimes you may need to ask for management to step in if something out of the ordinary happens and you are not satisfied with your transaction. Our goal is to offer the best quality products available in the market, but please understand that we handle tens of thousands of products from hundreds of manufacturers. With this kind of volume, the odds are that we will have an issue once in a while. When the occasional issue comes up with a product or something goes wrong with an order, let us know and we will correct it. If it is an issue with a particular product, often times we can work with the manufacturer to correct it or source a better quality product from an alternate supplier. And, again as stated previously, we have a 100% satisfaction guarantee.

Best Regards,

Classic Industries
Full credit to Ray, He has made contact saying someone else will contact me to sort this out. Hopefully it will happen so will advise the result. It is a shame it couldn't have been sorted in the first place when I rang them from New Zealand to try and sort things. Thanks to all of you who helped out.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:46 AM
Supreme Member

Yes, one the **** hits the internet fan they are there but when you email customer service you never even get a response. GOOD JOB! This is not customer service, this is crisis control. You should hire the fire department, they are great at extinguishing fires like this.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:13 PM

Car: 89 Firebird Formula
Engine: l03 305 (but not for long)
Transmission: 700R4

You know what though, sometimes a company has employees that don't know a policy or do not correctly handle it. In these cases you really need to elevate things to the right people. Being where he was, I understand it was difficult for Tonka to do that, But since it is now elevated, we should give them a benefit of a doubt to see how this is resolved. Companies are made up of people. People make mistakes. Sometimes those mistakes need to be fixed by other people. Nobody is perfect, we can only hope for a proper resolution. I for one will be impressed if this gets properly sorted after this much time. "Crisis" control or not.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:21 PM

Old 06-30-2012, 01:18 AM

Update.... Had a phone call today from Classic Industries. They seem like they want to sort things out. I am sending some photos of what I did get that didn't fit. Will keep posting how it goes. Been a LONG process.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:05 AM

Awesome job guys.

Classic- Eagerly awaiting news on how this is resolved. I'm restoring two gen 3's right now, and you guys have a lot of stuff I need. I want to see how this is resolved before I order!
Old 06-30-2012, 10:35 AM

Car: 1987 Iroc Z-28
Engine: 5.7L 350
Axle/Gears: 3.27 Borg Warner

I have ordered parts from Classic several times. If anything is on backorder it tells you this in your cart and you have the option to delete them if you would prefer to look elsewhere. I have never been charged for a backordered part until it shipped.

All the parts I have ordered, mostly emblems and decals, the parts quality has been comparable with the price. When you are knowingly buying aftermarket usually it is to save money. I always take this into consideration with the understanding that aftermarket is just that, and the quality, color, fitment may not equal Factory OEM.

I'm sure everyone here knows that new OEM and even used OEM parts are getting harder and harder to find, and with this comes ridiculous prices that some are unwilling to pay for parts on a "daily driven" vehicle. If your doing a ground up resto on a classic car then you obviously know going in what your budget is and what you willing to spend to make the vehicle "All Original".

I think the "Beware of Classic Industries" title was a bit harsh. No one's perfect. Even before and after reading the responses from Classic, I will continue to purchase from them and feel comfortable that if I have an issue they will do what they can to resolve it. If it happens and it is not resloved to my satisfaction, I will be sure to come back here and let you know.

Last edited by jcmd62; 06-30-2012 at 10:37 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-30-2012, 10:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jcmd62
I think the "Beware of Classic Industries" title was a bit harsh. No one's perfect. Even before and after reading the responses from Classic, I will continue to purchase from them and feel comfortable that if I have an issue they will do what they can to resolve it. If it happens and it is not resloved to my satisfaction, I will be sure to come back here and let you know.

I have ordered thousands of dollars from CI and have no regrets...I own a 67 Firebird and 87 TA GTA...may have a 71 Charger too next weeks and the catalogue is already earmarked for parts
Old 07-01-2012, 01:45 AM

Yes, one the **** hits the internet fan they are there but when you email customer service you never even get a response. GOOD JOB! This is not customer service, this is crisis control. You should hire the fire department, they are great at extinguishing fires like this.
Hey cut them some slack. They are trying to take care of things now. And not just for tonka, for other members too. Even for you I think. Maybe they were not aware of the issues because of either people giving up or w/e the case may be. It pays to be a little persistent. You can't judge a company based solely on a few shitty sales that may have been HUGELY mishandled, or misunderstood. The fact of the matter is that now they are taking a interest. So everyone should use the resource. And yes everyone wish it would be handled right the first time. They probably have a 1000000 customers that things go well with. Maybe it was a bad employee. **** happens. But i own a thirdgen not a 68 camaro. I understand how much of a horror show it is to get right parts and such.... you know how many times parts i've had to return parts just because it was'nt right and so forth. Nothing is perfect.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:40 AM

I have ordered parts from Classic several times. If anything is on backorder it tells you this in your cart and you have the option to delete them if you would prefer to look elsewhere. I have never been charged for a backordered part until it shipped.

All the parts I have ordered, mostly emblems and decals, the parts quality has been comparable with the price. When you are knowingly buying aftermarket usually it is to save money. I always take this into consideration with the understanding that aftermarket is just that, and the quality, color, fitment may not equal Factory OEM.

I'm sure everyone here knows that new OEM and even used OEM parts are getting harder and harder to find, and with this comes ridiculous prices that some are unwilling to pay for parts on a "daily driven" vehicle. If your doing a ground up resto on a classic car then you obviously know going in what your budget is and what you willing to spend to make the vehicle "All Original".

I can see why you would say this however you have to realise this was going on for a long time before I started this thread. I made the initial order in 2010 and had spoken to them and basically told to bugger off. HOWEVER jump forward 2 years and now it looks like I may be getting somewhere. I dont think the title is harsh and I think even the company will agree with that. Also you need to realise I am 12 hours flight away on the others side of the world from the company and they had taken my money with no delivery of product and no advice of back order and no way to get my money back.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:17 AM

Car: 1991 Z28
Engine: 5.7 TPI

As a fellow Kiwi 3rd genner, living in California, let me know if I can help. I live 20 minutes away from Classic Industries! Tell them you have a mate who lives nearby and who is happy to come by if they need to resolve this face to face. That might shake the lead out!

Last edited by micktroup2; 07-01-2012 at 08:19 PM.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:42 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by TwinTurboROC
Hey cut them some slack. They are trying to take care of things now. And not just for tonka, for other members too. Even for you I think. Maybe they were not aware of the issues because of either people giving up or w/e the case may be. It pays to be a little persistent. You can't judge a company based solely on a few shitty sales that may have been HUGELY mishandled, or misunderstood. The fact of the matter is that now they are taking a interest. So everyone should use the resource. And yes everyone wish it would be handled right the first time. They probably have a 1000000 customers that things go well with. Maybe it was a bad employee. **** happens. But i own a thirdgen not a 68 camaro. I understand how much of a horror show it is to get right parts and such.... you know how many times parts i've had to return parts just because it was'nt right and so forth. Nothing is perfect.

Then imagina living half way across the planet, paying huge amounts for shipping and then import fees and taxes over the total + shipping and the parts ending up being rubbish. That translates to 3x the parts price so maybe 3x the frustration too??

They PM'ed and emailed me, I do not want a replacement armrest or anything. I got some NOS ones, they were expensive but well worth the money considering they fit, match and hold up.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:15 PM

Thanks buddy. Where in NZ you from? Looks like this may be getting sorted.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:35 PM

Car: 1991 Z28
Engine: 5.7 TPI

Born in Auckland, childhood in Christchurch and back to Auckland at 12.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:07 PM

Then imagina living half way across the planet, paying huge amounts for shipping and then import fees and taxes over the total + shipping and the parts ending up being rubbish. That translates to 3x the parts price so maybe 3x the frustration too??

They PM'ed and emailed me, I do not want a replacement armrest or anything. I got some NOS ones, they were expensive but well worth the money considering they fit, match and hold up.
I understand. I'm just being a dutch hater. (i hope you saw the austin powers goldmember movie to get that joke.)
Old 07-18-2012, 11:48 PM

Hi All, Time for an update.....
I have spoken to Brian again and he says that he is going to credit me for the kit. I can't thank you guys enough who helped and supported me and it looks like this is finally at an end. I also gave them a new product idea so lets see if they follow through with it. (I have a convertible and I have had the back window customed made as a Chev Bowtie)
Brian is a great guy and seems genuine in wanting to right wrongs for people and seems to be a genuine lover of cars and wanting to look after his customers. If for any reason the credit doesn't come through I will let you know but at this stage it looks like it is sorted.

Attached Thumbnails Beware of Classic Industries-p1000801.jpg  
Old 07-19-2012, 11:48 AM

Car: 1986 Black IROC
Engine: 305 Quadrajet
Transmission: 5 speed
Axle/Gears: 273

Originally Posted by JensenBlayloc
You know what though, sometimes a company has employees that don't know a policy or do not correctly handle it. In these cases you really need to elevate things to the right people. Being where he was, I understand it was difficult for Tonka to do that, But since it is now elevated, we should give them a benefit of a doubt to see how this is resolved. Companies are made up of people. People make mistakes. Sometimes those mistakes need to be fixed by other people. Nobody is perfect, we can only hope for a proper resolution. I for one will be impressed if this gets properly sorted after this much time. "Crisis" control or not.

Can anybody say employees of Classic Industries?
Old 07-19-2012, 11:49 AM

Hello Twin Turbo,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please note that recently, this product was discontinued by Classic Industries and a new and improved product will be taking its place very soon. If you purchased this product from Classic Industries, please contact us and we will work with you to come to an acceptable resolution.

We spoke to the manufacturer of this item who informed us that they have completely retooled and greatly improved the design of this armrest. They now have a new product available that is a much more accurate and durable reproduction. The new product is manufactured in materials, grain and color that are much closer to original and should provide years of trouble-free service. Currently, Black is in stock and available for immediate delivery. Camel Tan is on order and should be available soon. They will also be available in Light Blue, Carmine Red and Firethorn as well.

OER products are covered by a one year warranty from the manufacturer. So, if your armrests failed prematurely, you may have them replaced under warranty with the new and improved product once it arrives in our warehouse. If you purchased this product from Classic Industries, please contact us at 800-854-1280 or email us at info@classicindustries.com and we will gladly assist you.

Best Regards,

Classic Industries
Alright, let me ask you this Ray... Are you going to make the situation whole? I mean as in no charge for "restocking" or additional charge for shipping?
Old 07-20-2012, 01:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by hartsmike
Can anybody say employees of Classic Industries?
Originally Posted by hartsmike
Alright, let me ask you this Ray... Are you going to make the situation whole? I mean as in no charge for "restocking" or additional charge for shipping?
Hello hartsmike,

Thank you for the comment. We can only assume those individuals are simply forum members like yourself who have their own opinions and experiences to share.

In regards to the offer made to the gentleman Twinturbo regarding the armrests that apparently failed prematurely, it was an offer to replace the item under a manufacturer's warranty. A "restocking fee" does not apply in this scenario nor would any additional "charge for shipping".

Our policies are clearly outlined in our catalogs and online. We stand behind the products we sell with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. In addition to this guarantee, many products are covered with a manufacturer's limited warranty that varies depending on the product and the policy of each manufacturer.

If you would like to learn more about our policies, they are all clearly outlined in our catalogs and on our website as well. Thanks again for your comments and please PM me should you have any further questions.

Best Regards,

Classic Industries
Old 07-20-2012, 03:25 PM

Hello hartsmike,

Thank you for the comment. We can only assume those individuals are simply forum members like yourself who have their own opinions and experiences to share.

In regards to the offer made to the gentleman Twinturbo regarding the armrests that apparently failed prematurely, it was an offer to replace the item under a manufacturer's warranty. A "restocking fee" does not apply in this scenario nor would any additional "charge for shipping".

Our policies are clearly outlined in our catalogs and online. We stand behind the products we sell with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. In addition to this guarantee, many products are covered with a manufacturer's limited warranty that varies depending on the product and the policy of each manufacturer.

If you would like to learn more about our policies, they are all clearly outlined in our catalogs and on our website as well. Thanks again for your comments and please PM me should you have any further questions.

Best Regards,

Classic Industries
Good deal!
Old 07-20-2012, 10:17 PM
Supreme Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Car: 84 Trans Am, 84 Fiero, 86 944
Engine: 5.0, 2.5, 2.5
Transmission: 5spd

my father and i have ordered alot of parts for countless blazers and a 72 c-10 thats never going to be finished, however i dont recall ever having a problem with anything, my 2 cents, additionally i dont see it as "damage control" or anything like that when they find out somethings gone wrong and are trying to make it right, i'd be more upset if they walked away and said "cut our losses" i am delighted to see them here on our forum explaining things and making offers to the said wronged customers, damn glad, because only in america do you get this kind of customer service!
Old 07-20-2012, 11:34 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1986 camaro Sports Coupe
Engine: L31 350
Transmission: 89 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.42 gov lock

Originally Posted by kmcn47
my father and i have ordered alot of parts for countless blazers and a 72 c-10 thats never going to be finished, however i dont recall ever having a problem with anything, my 2 cents, additionally i dont see it as "damage control" or anything like that when they find out somethings gone wrong and are trying to make it right, i'd be more upset if they walked away and said "cut our losses" i am delighted to see them here on our forum explaining things and making offers to the said wronged customers, damn glad, because only in america do you get this kind of customer service!
exactly, it really shows how much a company really cares about their customers when you see them posting on little forum sites just to make something right with a customer when they here someone is having an issue, its companys like this that i look for and ill take my money too when i want something like hawks, founders, classic, ect. they post on here and try to show their support and respect. and when i see that i also try and spread the word to my friends off this site so they can take their time and money to these great companys aswell., to classic industries, you should be expecting some sort of order from me soon, odd enough iv never really looked at your site for parts.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:12 AM
Supreme Member

I'm suitably impressed...I'll buy from Classic
Old 08-12-2012, 01:58 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 87 Formula 350,11.65@122
Engine: 383,AFR Comp 195,XFI280,SRam/Mram
Transmission: T-56 Magnum-F
Axle/Gears: DANA 44 with 3.92

Thanks for the info...I had a bad experiance with Young's F-Body. Cost me about $285 for very poor quality rear spoiler for my '87Formula. Ended up having the original one repaired. Stay away from the fiber glass product they offer JUNK! It was craked in two places right out of the box. It needed so much work to fix the cracks and make it fit correctly I returned it. They didn't pay the return shipping like they said they would and wouldn't refund my original shipping cost.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:51 PM

Car: 1991 Camaro RS
Engine: The Wicked six'ah
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: stock 3.08's

my experience was good, bought rear louvers and wheel center Caps in 2006..... Cant say i was Impressed... but I cant say it was bad.. just a average buy as i thought..... but alot can change in 6 years haha
Old 08-12-2012, 09:38 PM

Well with new attitudes or new staff they have finally seen me right. I finally got a refund for my issues and can finally put this behind me. I will trade again and give them another chance as they seem to want to help. If they manufacture my roof like photos I have posted then I will get one as I need a new roof but didn't want the hassle of getting it customed mad

Last edited by Tonkatoy; 08-13-2012 at 09:54 PM. Reason: I used the wrong emotican
Old 08-13-2012, 10:25 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SuperRamFormula
Thanks for the info...I had a bad experiance with Young's F-Body. Cost me about $285 for very poor quality rear spoiler for my '87Formula. Ended up having the original one repaired. Stay away from the fiber glass product they offer JUNK! It was craked in two places right out of the box. It needed so much work to fix the cracks and make it fit correctly I returned it. They didn't pay the return shipping like they said they would and wouldn't refund my original shipping cost.
Hi SuperRamFormula,

Just to be clear, the fiberglass parts you purchased were not bought from Classic Industries and the problems you had were with a different company altogether. Is that correct? Just want to be sure we understand the issue. Thank you.

Classic Industries
Old 08-13-2012, 02:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 89 RS Camaro
Engine: Original 2.8 v6 convert to 5.7
Transmission: Th400
Axle/Gears: I think its the 3.42

I bought an adapter kit from them to put a th400 in mine and hook the stock tork arm up and it came right away without any issues. The directions were a little confusing but what directions arnt?
Old 08-19-2012, 08:19 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 89 IROC Z28
Engine: 357 TPI
Axle/Gears: 3.42 Posi

Originally Posted by Richboll
Guys/Gals...post your experiences.
I just bought the front spoiler for my 89 IROC had my friend paint it and install along a used bumper that he also repainted. The spoiler I got from classic was a perfect fit and along with the freshly painted bumper looks great now if I could only afford to paint the rest of the car.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:57 AM

Car: 87 camaro
Engine: 350
Transmission: T5 Borg Warner

**** x.x i just ordered parts...
Old 09-04-2012, 05:52 AM

Car: 91 Camaro Z-28 Convertible
Engine: 5.0
Axle/Gears: 2.73

As a consumer most states offer "Small Claims". Basically, go to your local county courthouse and file a dispute with the company. In Ohio the limit is $3000.00. It cost me $92.00 (which was returned after I won) in court fees. It is leverage that should be used if needed.
To often good people get taken advantage of and let companies steal from them.

Last edited by ChargerBill; 09-05-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:57 PM
Supreme Member

Received 64 Likes on 57 Posts
Car: 1 Owner 1986 TA with a WS6 package
Engine: 5.0 EFI
Transmission: THM700R4
Axle/Gears: 277 Posi Speedo

Don't be afraid to buy from Classic,they do stand by their products and if their is an issue they resolve it immediately.I know!!!!
I had purchased a body part from them and my body shop had prepped and painted a the part before he test fitted,well,it had an issue,I advised Classic what had happened and they were more than happy to help.Total refund and paid for the shipping back.
Way to go Classic Two Thumbs for you guys

Quick Reply: Beware of Classic Industries