Aftermarket Vendor Review Provide questions and comments about aftermarket part vendors for the Third Gen F-Body.

Ebay vendor Rohnaz - don't buy from him

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 11:27 AM
Supreme Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Car: 1982 Recaro TA, 1989 TTA#948
Ebay vendor Rohnaz - don't buy from him

I have bought many things from Jim over the past few years, but a few things I bought from him were less then desirable and I can't recommend buying from him anymore. About 6 months ago I purchased an NOS set of Recaro door handle emblems. I paid a pretty penny for them and they were described as mint. When I received them, the packaging (which it probably had been packed in since the 80's) was stuck to the face of the emblem, and it left them blemished. I contacted Jim about it and his answer was that I should try to wet sand it out. I was angry, but he claimed that he only consigned the parts and that the seller wouldn't take them back, because I had opened them. It was impossible to see the damage until it was opened. Begrudgingly, I kept the parts because I had done business with him before and did not have an issue. He also carries some hard to find parts.
Recently I purchased a set of NOS power door lock plates(the frame that holds the power door lock button). They were also described as mint condition. The plates I received were pitted and scratched and not mint. I told Jim that I wasn't going to let it slide this time and I would give him negative feedback if he did not make good on it. He begrudgingly returned my money.
So - even though he sells plenty of nice parts, some are not accurately described and you could get burned. It is for this reason that I recommend staying away from his auctions.

Last edited by 82tarecaro; 01-14-2013 at 11:45 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:41 AM
Supreme Member

Received 748 Likes on 507 Posts
Car: 1989-92 FORMULA350 305 92 Hawkclone
Engine: 4++,350 & 305 CIs
Transmission: 700R4 4800 vig 18th700R4 t56 ZF6 T5
Axle/Gears: 3.70 9"ford alum chunk,dana44,9bolt
Re: Ebay vendor Rohnaz - don't buy from him

I have bought a few things from him but the only thing I have noticed was the pricing on some items. Its reeeally quite hefty sometimes, sometimes the parts are a good deal.
Like everywhere, you have to keep your eyes open..
Old 01-14-2013, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TTOP350
I have bought a few things from him but the only thing I have noticed was the pricing on some items. Its reeeally quite hefty sometimes, sometimes the parts are a good deal.
Like everywhere, you have to keep your eyes open..
the words of wisdom from someone that is not blocked from bidding ...

Our consignment parts are priced by the different consignors we have, don't shoot the messenger ...

The items that sell in the auctions do well or poorly, depending on ... well, I wish I knew the reason why ...
Old 01-14-2013, 10:26 PM
Supreme Member

Jim - I was blocked from bidding because I asked for my money back because you inaccurately described the parts I bought. If you describe something as mint and a customer pays top dollar for it, then it should be mint. There is no way you should expect a customer to have to rehab a part that you are selling as top quality.
I kept poor quality parts against my better judgement when I should have demanded my money back.
It is understandable that some NOS parts are not in the best condition after hanging around all these years. But you should describe their conditon more accurately.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by 82tarecaro
I have bought many things from Jim Rohn over the past few years, but a few things I bought from him were less then desirable and I can't recommend buying from him anymore.
Yet you tried to last week ... (see your complaint below), the only reason you are defaming us now is because you were blocked from bidding on our sales

About 6 months ago
closer to a year ago, will update with actual purchase date

I purchased an NOS set of Recaro door handle emblems. I paid a pretty penny for them and they were described as mint.
These items were still SEALED in the original GM packaging - NEVER OPENED!

When I received them, the packaging (which it probably had been packed in since the 80's) was stuck to the face of the emblem
GM shrink wrapped these when they were new, that is the way they were pictured and delivered

, and it left them blemished. I contacted Jim about it and his answer was that I should try to wet sand it out.
I contacted the consignor and that was what he suggested I tell the buyer ... the items were unopened, how else do you describe brand new SEALED original parts?

I was angry, but he claimed that he only consigned the parts and that the seller wouldn't take them back, because I had opened them.
I "claimed" the truth, they were not mine AND they were sold under consignment. GM even has the words printed on the package, NOT RETURNABLE IF OPENED

It was impossible to see the damage until it was opened.
There was no "damage", they were SEALED original unused new old stock parts ...

Begrudgingly, I kept the parts because I had done business with him before and did not have an issue. He also carries some hard to find parts. Recently
~ 6 months ago, again, will update once I have the exact dates

I purchased a set of NOS power door lock plates (the frame that holds the power door lock button). They were also described as mint condition. The plates I received were pitted and scratched and not mint.
We photographed them and didn't see anything, upon return, we were able to find miniscule marks (not pits & gouges) upon CLOSE viewing

I told Jim that I wasn't going to let it slide this time and I would give him negative feedback if he did not make good on it. He begrudgingly returned my money.
We happily returned your money ... we don't recall you threatening us back then

So - even though he sells plenty of nice parts, some are not accurately described and you could get burned. It is for this reason that I recommend staying away from his auctions.
WOW!!!

Here is the communication that was received TODAY from Mr. (last name removed by moderator):

"Jim - I tried bidding on an item today and found out you blocked me from
bidding. I have purchased many items from you and had problems with 2
items I bought. I kept 1 item even though it wasn't to my liking and the
other item you made good on it. What gives? That is a bit unfair
considering I gave you plenty of business.

Vincent (last name removed by moderator)"

Here is my reply to him:

"Vincent,

Our consignor asked us to place you on the blocked bidder list as he feels that it has not been worth the aggravation you have given him over his parts.

NOS GM parts does not always mean mint or perfect, it just means unused New Old Stock. They come with all the production features a high production part would have WHEN they were still available from GM.

My consignor does not see it as unfair, he sees it as a patch for the pot holes we all encounter in life. He wants his life to be as smooth as possible and saw your transactions as pot holes.

Jim"

Then here is the threat from Mr. (last name removed by moderator) :

"No problem Jim. I shared my experience with others over on Thirdgen.org.
If you misrepresent a parts condition as mint, you should expect to make
good on it.

Vincent"

Last edited by 92 Formula; 01-15-2013 at 10:45 AM. Reason: removal of last name.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:14 PM

Car: 1991 Trans Am GTA
Engine: 350 carbed
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 7.5 10 bolt 4.10

Wow i need some popcorn and a coke
Old 01-14-2013, 11:17 PM
Supreme Member

Sorry Jim - you are not going to goad me into a fight here. I was willing to give you another chance and purchase from you even though I had issues with you before. But you did the childish thing and banned me from bidding even though I tried to make the issue right with you without giving you negative feedback.
In your opinion - if something is sealed, but defective, it is OK to stick a buyer with it, even though upon opening, they were clearly not mint.
I am done with this topic as your reaction only proves my point.
BTW - I purchased those door handle emblems last March.

Last edited by 82tarecaro; 01-14-2013 at 11:28 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:20 PM

Jim - I was blocked from bidding because I asked for my money back because you inaccurately described the parts I bought.
Vincent, you are partially correct, you were blocked mainly because one of my consignors didn't want you bidding on HIS parts anymore, regardless of how many purchases you made previously

If you describe something as mint and a customer pays top dollar for it, then it should be mint.
the NOS Recaro door handle emblems were SEALED from GM still, how else do you describe unused original parts that are still SEALED?

There is no way you should expect a customer to have to rehab a part that you are selling as top quality.
I kept poor quality parts against my better judgement when I should have demanded my money back.
It is understandable that some NOS parts are not in the best condition after hanging around all these years. But you should describe their conditon more accurately.
And we have revised our description of SEALED original GM parts now to simply unused ... thanks for you pointing out that sealed original GM parts are not always MINT after sitting for nearly 30 years ...
Old 01-14-2013, 11:35 PM

from another thread:

12-28-2011, 05:16 PM #17
82tarecaro
Supreme Member

Classifieds Rating: (3)
Re: Your favorite Vendors/Suppliers
Thirdgen Ranch has some great deals. He is also a sponsor here, so it is worth doing business with him, as it supports this site. I have also bought from Rohnaz on Ebay. He has great stuff that can get pricey, but his service is top notch.
Fbodywarehouse is also good to deal with, although their selection is somewhat limited.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:46 PM

Sorry Jim - you are not going to goad me into a fight here. I was willing to give you another chance and purchase from you even though I had issues with you before. But you did the childish thing and banned me from bidding even though I tried to make the issue right with you without giving you negative feedback.
In your opinion - if something is sealed, but defective, it is OK to stick a buyer with it, even though upon opening, they were clearly not mint.
I am done with this topic as your reaction only proves my point.
BTW - I purchased those door handle emblems last March.
The sealed items were NOT defective, they were exactly as pictured/delivered and as GM sealed them 30 years prior

IMHO it is NOT ok to "stick" anyone with anything ... unless you are a politician, then it seems to be ok :/

Last March was 10 months ago, not my definition of "recently", but in the scheme of the universe, I guess 10 months is fairly insignificant ...

RE: topic reaction ... there are always two sides to a story ...
Old 01-15-2013, 06:12 AM
Supreme Member

Jim - if your favorite restaurant cooked you a few bad meals would you stop going there?
Also - would you expect the doors to the place to be locked the next time you went?
I did have luck with many of the parts I bought from you. But when you react the way you did when I was not happy with a few of the items I purchased, then I can't recommend that people do business with you.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:02 AM

Jim - if your favorite restaurant cooked you a few bad meals would you stop going there?
Also - would you expect the doors to the place to be locked the next time you went?
I did have luck with many of the parts I bought from you. But when you react the way you did when I was not happy with a few of the items I purchased, then I can't recommend that people do business with you.
Vincent, I understand your frustration, but we value our consignors and have to respect their decisions.

Regarding your comparison to a restaurant ... there is a term is that industry, it is called 86, people that get one do something to deserve it.

The restaurant is still open and doing what they have been doing all along.

Ditto about the business recommendation

Thumper (in the 1942 movie Bambi) said it best (even with the poor grammar):

“If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all. ”
Old 01-15-2013, 12:53 PM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 1971 Camaro
Engine: 427
Transmission: TKO600
Axle/Gears: 3.73

Well, this thread pretty much speaks for itself.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:00 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 89 Black IROC-Z convertible
Engine: 305 TBI
Transmission: Auto

You read each side's "discussion" and make your choice. I think I've made mine.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:16 PM
Supreme Member

Received 64 Likes on 57 Posts
Car: 1 Owner 1986 TA with a WS6 package
Engine: 5.0 EFI
Transmission: THM700R4
Axle/Gears: 277 Posi Speedo

{Vincent, I understand your frustration, but we value our consignors and have to respect their decisions.}
So screw the customers ha,what ever happened to "The Customers Are Always Right"
Old 01-15-2013, 09:33 PM

Car: !991 RS Camaro
Engine: LS1
Transmission: 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 4.10 4th gen

I agree with the OP. If it says mint, I want mint. I've bought new parts from the dealer that were bad and they had no problem giving me a refund and they even still let me come in and buy more parts from them. Awesome
Old 01-15-2013, 10:59 PM

Car: 1988 camaro
Engine: 305
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 2.73

I agree with the op it's a pain when you get something that's not what you expected and blocking wow bad way to run a business so if I go to and get a lot of stuff but two where not to my liking I get banned wow
Old 01-16-2013, 10:18 AM

Car: 91 camaro rs
Engine: 305
Transmission: automatic

im wating for a sequel
Old 01-16-2013, 10:22 AM
Supreme Member

The item was an NOS unopened item that is almost 30 years old.

What made this item special is the fact that it was an unopened NOS item.

The person bought it, opened it, and was not happy with it., Because the packaging, which it had been in for almost 30 years was stuck to the part.

How could the seller know this?
How can the seller resell it, now that it is opened and lost all of the "NOS" value?

Why did the OP wait so long to complain publicly? Because he wanted to buy more items, and they would not sell to him.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:35 AM

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
Car: 1985 Camaro IROC-Z
Engine: 350
Transmission: GForce T-5
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt 3.73 posi

Originally Posted by Johnny Blaze

The person bought it, opened it, and was not happy with it., Because the packaging, which it had been in for almost 30 years was stuck to the part.

How can the seller resell it, now that it is opened and lost all of the "NOS" value?

Why did the OP wait so long to complain publicly? Because he wanted to buy more items, and they would not sell to him.
Why is there an issue of the seller not being able to sell it after it had been opened?
The part is no good, period.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:43 AM
Supreme Member

I want to see a pic. Even the op described it as a blimish on a decal.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:29 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 82 MSE/89 TTA/89 Formula/99 TA

The ebay site says "returns accepted with in 14 days" Buyer pays return shipping. OP says he got his money back. So what is the issue here? PO'ed because you are banned or PO'ed because the part was not mint?

That is what is great about America-we have CHOICES. If you dont like his products-dont buy them.

I am not taking sides-I have never had a problem with Jim's stuff. Always quality IMO. But he has no control over something that has been sitting for 30 yrs unopened. I guess maybe he should open the packages and take pictures. But some people would probably not buy or pay less because it was opened. Just saying.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:59 PM
Supreme Member

Wait a minute,I see 82s point,did you see how this guy advertises his merchandise
WOW,MINT,UNUSED,showroom correct,here's an example,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/330856521335...=p5197.c0.m619
Old 01-16-2013, 03:12 PM
Supreme Member

Positive Feedback: 99.9%
Feedback score: 14489
Old 01-16-2013, 03:48 PM
Supreme Member

These are most likely the packages that the parts come in,
They are clearly marked,but you don't know that until you receive them and they can check before they send them.I just don't understand being banned from buying because you returned a couple items that wasn't what they advertised.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:11 PM

I absolutely see his point too. But he got a refund and shouldnt buy from him again. If I have a bad experience with something, I try to learn from it. At least he got the refund, that doesnt happen in all cases.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Car: 89 Formula
Engine: Nada - v4.0
Transmission: Nada - v3.0
Axle/Gears: Nada - v3.0

Well, this thread pretty much speaks for itself.
Yep, sure does...the OP is a whiney biotch. Instead of crying all over the internet about an un-opened 30 year old NOS part that didn't meet their definition of "perfect", they should be damn happy they could even find one in an un-opened package and aren't forced to deal with used junkyard parts. If you're that picky then you have no business buying stuff without seeing it in person so you can inspect it.

Jeezzzz....
Old 01-16-2013, 05:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think your wrong. Vincent is a good guy. He knows what he's doing. If you cant tell if there mint or not because package is unopened especially a 30 yr old one you should not.advertise it as mint. Mint means flawless and if you don't get whats advertised then that's false advertising. After reading this thread I agree with Vincent and i would not buy anything from this guy. I bet if this happened to you guys you would be. highly upset to. So dont say its his fault when its not. If you think its Vincent's fault then you guys are all delusional
Old 01-16-2013, 05:26 PM

Car: 88 GTA
Engine: Built 355 to install
Transmission: Built turbo 350

That's all the more reason for sellers to open NOS boxes and check each part and post pics with the box/packaging, There's no other way to know the condition otherwise since they've been sitting who knows where and what kind of climates they've endured, Steel rust and plastic gets brittle.

I've bought many NOS parts over the years for different projects, But I'll never buy without seeing pics of what I'm buying. A sealed box doesn't make a part more valuable, Just a gamble buying sight unseen.......
Old 01-16-2013, 05:36 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by kymmee
I absolutely see his point too. But he got a refund and shouldnt buy from him again. If I have a bad experience with something, I try to learn from it. At least he got the refund, that doesn't happen in all cases.
Kymmee - I did not get a refund. I kept the Recaro emblems because he would not take them back after they were opened. The thing is, I did not buy the Recaro emblems to sit in a package. I bought them to put on my Recaro, which I have spent the year restoring. So upon opening them I was disappointed in their condition. How was I supposed to know they were blemished? I kept them and did further business with Jim because he said that in his future ads he would not describe a part as mint if the packaging made it impossible to see the item's condition.

You can make up your own minds. You heard both sides of the issue.

Last edited by 82tarecaro; 01-16-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:21 PM

ding, ding, ding ...

we have a winner
Old 01-29-2013, 04:24 PM

The ebay site says "returns accepted with in 14 days" Buyer pays return shipping. OP says he got his money back. So what is the issue here? PO'ed because you are banned or PO'ed because the part was not mint?

That is what is great about America-we have CHOICES. If you dont like his products-dont buy them.

I am not taking sides-I have never had a problem with Jim's stuff. Always quality IMO. But he has no control over something that has been sitting for 30 yrs unopened. I guess maybe he should open the packages and take pictures. But some people would probably not buy or pay less because it was opened. Just saying.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by mantaguy
Wait a minute,I see 82s point,did you see how this guy advertises his merchandise
WOW,MINT,UNUSED,showroom correct,here's an example,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/330856521335...=p5197.c0.m619
some items are OUT of the SEALED original GM packaging, as the example used above

ever since the issue that Vincent so kindly brought up, we do limit the use of those terms to items we can open and confirm condition. Other items that are SEALED for years simply get an "unused" description.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by 96BlownSSragtop
Yep, sure does...the OP is a whiney biotch. Instead of crying all over the internet about an un-opened 30 year old NOS part that didn't meet their definition of "perfect", they should be damn happy they could even find one in an un-opened package and aren't forced to deal with used junkyard parts. If you're that picky then you have no business buying stuff without seeing it in person so you can inspect it.

Jeezzzz....
Vincent is particular, and that is ok

The emblems / door handle inserts WERE sealed. Viewing them in person would give the same view of them.

I do not know what he would have done if he had them at a swap meet and someone wanted to open them up for the 1st time.

I do know that a lot of people that buy our stuff showcase them and never use the parts. It is important to them that they remain factory "sealed" with the original part numbers.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:55 PM
Supreme Member

Jim - I didn't buy them to showcase them. I bought them to use them. I don't think I would have bought them at a swap meet without being able to see them. It is understandable that they are 30 year old parts. It is not your fault that they were packaged improperly by GM. But a product's value is determined by its condition.
And BTW - Kymmee is a personal friend of mine and she stated it correctly in an email I exchanged with her. Buying parts is like buying drugs - you go to the source for what you need and you are one of those few sources in the thirdgen world. I was willing to look past some of the parts I wasn't happy with as long as I could still get some hard to find parts.
No hard feelings on this end Jim. You have to do what you have to do. Just business I guess...
Old 01-30-2013, 01:37 PM

Jim - I didn't buy them to showcase them. I bought them to use them. I don't think I would have bought them at a swap meet without being able to see them. It is understandable that they are 30 year old parts. It is not your fault that they were packaged improperly by GM. But a product's value is determined by its condition.
And BTW - Kymmee is a personal friend of mine and she stated it correctly in an email I exchanged with her. Buying parts is like buying drugs - you go to the source for what you need and you are one of those few sources in the thirdgen world. I was willing to look past some of the parts I wasn't happy with as long as I could still get some hard to find parts.
No hard feelings on this end Jim. You have to do what you have to do. Just business I guess...
I have a feeling we exist in two different worlds ... I have no idea what buying drugs is like. I do not associate with anyone that does either. Call me a pansie, fuddie duddie, uncool, or square, I don't care.

I have a network of consignors that prefer not to deal with computers and the general public. One you could almost call a hermit ... . He does not want anyone to know who he is, where he lives, etc. Funny thing though is that he used to advertise in Hemmings for 30 years (until ebay & the internet took over). There are a special few that "know" him, but he prefers to remain anonymous. Anyway, the 3rd gen items come from him and I had to respect his request to add you to the blocked bidder list.

No hard feelings here either, I just don't appreciate your email threat and you posting your dirty laundry for all to see. Others that have posted above agree with me as well.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:13 PM

you don't have to to buy drugs to know whats going on, its common sense what happens during a drug deal. I too do not buy drugs or associate with anyone that does drugs but i know how things pretty much operate. why cant Vincent air his displeasure? its his right. No offense but after seeing this i wouldn't buy from you. i can tell how you are as a seller. is there something like you screwed someone else and are mad about seeing this post and afraid others will speak bad too? cause thats what it seems to me
Old 01-30-2013, 03:04 PM
Supreme Member

Jim - I guess you don't know what an analogy is. But that is OK. I don't associate with drug dealers or do drugs either. I don't think everyone disagreed with me. And that was the whole point. People need to make up their own minds about doing business with certain vendors. I can respect your consignors decisions. But others need to make up their minds about doing business with your consignors too.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:24 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 89 trans am / 67 gto
Engine: 350TPI
Transmission: AUTO
Axle/Gears: 3.27 9 bolt

Positive Feedback: 99.9%
Feedback score: 14489
http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?Use...ed+by&ref=home
Old 01-30-2013, 08:46 PM
Supreme Member

[QUOTE=GOATS2QUICK;5477451]http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?Use...ed+by&ref=home[/QUOTE
Old 01-30-2013, 09:09 PM

Old 01-30-2013, 10:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Car: 89 IROC Z/88 IROC Vert
Engine: 350c.i./305c.i.
Transmission: 700R4/T-56
Axle/Gears: 3.42/4.10

WOW! What a freaking d**k! Judging by his replies to negative feedback he's never done a thing wrong in his life. Just wondering why he feels the need to reply to paying customers with insults?

Last edited by jas2730; 01-30-2013 at 10:10 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:09 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by jas2730
WOW! What a freaking d**k! Judging by his replies to negative feedback he's never done a thing wrong in his life. Just wondering why he feels the need to reply to paying customers with insults?
Old 01-30-2013, 11:24 PM

cause he know's hes wrong! how he has a high score i have no clue, either people are dumb or people just dont have gonads to say something
Old 01-31-2013, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by kitt23
how he has a high score i have no clue

People fear leaving neg FB because most sellers with this guy's mentality will retaliate leaving them unwarranted neg FB......
Old 01-31-2013, 06:11 AM

your right
Old 01-31-2013, 12:26 PM

I dont do drugs either or purchase them. In my personal coversation with Vincent I was merely using a metaphor for comparison. He understood what I meant, but I dont want others to get the wrong idea.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:33 PM
Supreme Member

Sorry Kymmee - I wouldn't have posted it if I thought others would not understand it. It was just a good comparison.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:39 PM

Sorry Kymmee - I wouldn't have posted it if I thought others would not understand it. It was just a good comparison.
Not a problem.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:42 PM
Supreme Member

Not a problem.

Quick Reply: Ebay vendor Rohnaz - don't buy from him