Aftermarket Vendor Review Provide questions and comments about aftermarket part vendors for the Third Gen F-Body.

Thirdgen Ranch, everything ok?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 12:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 91 Firebird
Engine: 3.1L V6
Transmission: TH700R4
Thirdgen Ranch, everything ok?

I've been their customer before several times. Everything has always been shipped very fast and the price is more than fair for every single part, both used and new.
My last purchase was a pair of seats to be shipped outside the US. I bought them privately (not from the website) because they were just arrived and Denny (i guess the owner, the guy i always talk to in my emails anyway) knew i was looking for them so he emailed me as soon as he got them and i sent him the money.
I also agreed to pay the high shipping cost without saying a word, he also made me a good price on the seats.
After 20 days (i was supposed to get them within a week) i emailed him to ask him why i didn't get anything. He took a while to get back to me, he said that since i did not buy the items from the website he didn't have any tracking number but he simply had to ask to the post office the same day. I contacted him one week later because i was tired of getting no news and he replied me a few days later saying there was a problem with the customs and he had to give some extra paperwork
Anyway i haven't heard him since. I emailed him more than a couple of times and i'm unable to get a straight answer.
He got my money and i still don't have the seats that i urgently need.

Does anyone know what's going on with him? Am i the first one here having this problem? I can't believe that i am receiving this kind of treatment after all the money i sent him and how fast i sent it him. I almost considered him a friend and now all this.

I really hope it's all a HUGE misunderstanding but not getting any serious answer from him (no answer at all actually) makes me feel very nervous.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:43 AM

Car: 1985 Camaro SC
Engine: 2.8L V6
Re: Thirdgen Ranch, everything ok?

Although my first purchase was about a week ago for a carpet kit, I've had absolutely no problems what so ever with ordering, etc. I got my kit in about 4 days and everything was shipped safely. It's unfortunate but it's probably just rotten luck for you. Good luck, man!
Old 04-19-2014, 07:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
Engine: 305 5.0 L TPI
Transmission: 700 R4
Axle/Gears: 2.73

Sorry about your experience, but I happened to have some dealings with Thirdgen Ranch just this week, and feel I can chime in. I placed an order for a part Monday morning. Got a tracking number, UPS said the part would be at my house by the end of the day Thursday afternoon, and it was. If he was not able to get a tracking number, then that may actually be the case, considering he provided one for my order. Hoping you get your stuff real soon. I know it's no fun to wait.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:48 PM

Today i got an email from Denny, i thought it was an email explaining me what is going on but sadly it was a blank email with no info in it, like the forward of an old order.
That is so sad, i'm so disappointed, but i'm happy for you guys, probably it was the right chance for him? Like a bunch of sweet money not tracked by his website.
Old 04-20-2014, 12:52 AM

Car: 88 Camaro RS
Engine: 305

You ordered the seats to be shipped outside the USA. This does not sound good for me as live in Australia and am looking for a supplier. I have been getting small parts from Hawks but they don't want to ship anything too big to send by post.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Aussie Wil
You ordered the seats to be shipped outside the USA. This does not sound good for me as live in Australia and am looking for a supplier. I have been getting small parts from Hawks but they don't want to ship anything too big to send by post.
I've ordered parts from TGR for years now, in and outside the USA and, as i said, i have been always impressed with the quality of the parts and the way the parts were wrapped and packed.
The company was an A+ for me... now i feel like i lost my money.
So since they're not even trying to defend themselves the only advice i can give to anyone who bought something from them and feels that it's taking too long... ask for a refund on the 44th day (if paid with paypal), do not wait like i did, trust sometimes doesn't help

Last edited by tuononero; 04-20-2014 at 10:02 AM.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:41 PM

Today i got one of the two packages. It seems like there has been a HUGE communication problem with the seller, i wish he communicated a little more with me.
At this point i'd say, communications apart, everything professional as always, luckly.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:54 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 1989 IROC LSX
Engine: 5.7 TPI - LS1 Forged by LME
Transmission: 700r4 - 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 3.23 - 3.73

I would like a discount code for thirdgenranch. Anyone got one? I need to make a purchase and would love to save a buck!
Old 05-21-2014, 10:29 AM

Today, after more than two monts i only received one of the two packages and i have a car to deliver. The seller left me in the middle of a HUGE problem and i have to pay twice just because of this. He doesn't answer my email but i keeps posting ads on facebook, never had the chance to know my tracking code. The package i received was shipped 10 days after he emailed me saying there was a problem with the shipping he solved that day. So he basically lied to me.

There's no way something like this has to happen with a seller like him.
This could happen to you too. Before putting your money and trust into someone like him think twice, expecially if it's big money.

I really hoped i could have avoided this but really i'm wasting money because of a stupid thing!!!!!!! NOT NICE AT ALL!!!
Old 06-14-2014, 11:38 AM
A.M

Car: 1991 Firebird
Engine: 3.1 V6

I got exactly the same problem like you!!!

Me too ive been a customer for years too and always everthing was good. But now i m having the same issuies like you. I ordered some polished wheels and other stuff. I keep asking for a tracking number and he never replies to me. I see him all the time online on facebook but he does reply only once in a 5 days or so.

What happend?!
Old 06-14-2014, 02:37 PM

I think he doesn't really like foreign buyers that much because as far as i understand buyers in the US are served flawlessly. At this point... guys... watch your back with this seller. HIGHLY NOT RECOMMENDED!!!!!
Old 08-04-2014, 11:10 PM
Supreme Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Just want to say I ordered a 91-92 Trans Am aero wing from Denny a few weeks ago and received it in about 2 weeks. It was packed well and the used part was physically perfect.

I did get 2 emails about the shipping details but there were no links or tracking numbers, like they were omitted by whatever software he was using. I was patient and it showed up just fine though. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to buy from him again.

Sorry you guys had so much trouble!

Alex
Old 08-08-2014, 10:03 PM

Car: 1987 Pontiac Trans Am GTA
Engine: 5.7L TPI
Transmission: Auto

Originally Posted by A.M
I got exactly the same problem like you!!!

Me too ive been a customer for years too and always everthing was good. But now i m having the same issuies like you. I ordered some polished wheels and other stuff. I keep asking for a tracking number and he never replies to me. I see him all the time online on facebook but he does reply only once in a 5 days or so.

What happend?!
I ordered a set of polished wheels from Thirdgenranch back in early June and I still have not received my wheels. Denny even told me they were ready(back in July). He hasn't responded to my recent email or provided a tracking number. I have ordered from him a few times and got great service. Not this time. Patience is wearing thin.........
Old 08-09-2014, 12:07 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought a part off Ebay, good thing I went and picked it up. The one he listed on Ebay had rust on it not mentioned, I picked the rust free one out of the bunch. The only reason I got it was I called numerous times with no answer, so I just showed up at his door step. He answered door surprised. The parts were scattered all over his property, in the snow. He retreated into house to get other parts I had to buy because he had no change. Gave him a few extra $$$. Claims he does stuff somewhere else. I dont believe it for a second. very unprofessional, dirty junk. It's not a business. The only reason reason people are getting parts and without tracking #'s is he's drop shipping from suppliers. You're paying more for the same part. Stop giving him your money. He doesn't answer because he doesn't know when supplier is shipping...way to treat customers who spend money. I won't buy again
Old 08-09-2014, 07:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1987 Iroc convertible
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 3.42 posi

I ordered a mirror a week ago and have not received it yet. I have emailed him twice this week and never got a responce
Old 08-10-2014, 05:47 AM

Just got a email saying my order has been shipped!! Great!!!
Old 08-11-2014, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by NY87Iroc
Just got a email saying my order has been shipped!! Great!!!
I got an email from Denny as well saying my order has shipped. Funny thing is he did not include any shipping info or a tracking #. Slowly losing faith in thirdgenranch.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:41 PM

Same thing with me, I got another email today saying it was shipped with the tracking number
Old 08-11-2014, 08:04 PM

Well I got half of my order in. Opened the box and inside were 2 very nicely refurbished gold GTA front wheels. Now if I could just get the other 2..........
Old 08-11-2014, 08:07 PM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 89 rs, 86 Trans Am
Engine: RS-V6... Trans Am-LG4
Transmission: RS-T5... Trans Am 700r4

I swore off Denny when he sent me the wrong steering column than listed, and then told me I could return it at my expense for a refund.

I think I paid 75 for the column and 40 to ship it. If I returned it, I would be out another 40, leaving me $155 in the hole just to get 75 back. If I can find a local buyer for 75, I'm only out $40 instead of $80
Old 08-11-2014, 08:27 PM

I'm sure someone does rim polishing for him he just adds on his take, There's nothing difficult about shipping and supplying buyer with tracking #, I do it every time I ship. I removed part, clean it or test it, box it, ship it, and send it out and give tracking info to buyer.
Like I said it's not a business...He just thinks he is.
Old 08-13-2014, 03:13 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Car: '87 Trans Am
Engine: 5.0L-V8
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.23 - Posi -10 Bolt

Originally Posted by TRANSAM82-92
It's not a business. The only reason reason people are getting parts and without tracking #'s is he's drop shipping from suppliers. You're paying more for the same part. Stop giving him your money. He doesn't answer because he doesn't know when supplier is shipping...way to treat customers who spend money. I won't buy again
Ding, Ding, Ding. You're paying him, he's turning around (couple days turn time) ordering the part from some where else and making a couple bucks off you, and using your address for the delivery. It's called drop shipping, you can do it with a ton of companies if you bulk buy, etc, then you give them your customers address and they ship right from warehouse.. with that said.. they should still be giving HIM tracking #'s.. he just probably doesn't send them cause you would know where it shipped from.. IE = not him.

This is sad, I was looking for some harder to find parts and he has good price son stuff but I fear I won't order from him now.

Last edited by padak; 08-13-2014 at 03:14 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-13-2014, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by 58mark
I swore off Denny when he sent me the wrong steering column than listed, and then told me I could return it at my expense for a refund.

I think I paid 75 for the column and 40 to ship it. If I returned it, I would be out another 40, leaving me $155 in the hole just to get 75 back. If I can find a local buyer for 75, I'm only out $40 instead of $80
What's the problem with the column?
Old 08-13-2014, 06:57 PM
Supreme Member

Apparently the way the wipers are wired in 84 isn't Compatible with my 89 my 89 motor
Old 08-13-2014, 07:37 PM

Dang, for a moment i hoped you needed a manual and you got an automatic. I would have swapped that with you. too bad
Old 08-13-2014, 08:24 PM
Supreme Member

I have a couple of steering column for automatic. PM me if you need one
Old 08-14-2014, 03:33 PM

I have an 83 ex manual transmission and i may be willing to make it automatic. Still wondering if it is really worth it because the car has no title. I was parting it out but it is in sweet conditions and i'm regretting that.
So basically i have a manual column with no use.
Just in case how much will you charge for one? I'm in Cleburne, maybe we could meet halfway?
Old 08-14-2014, 06:48 PM
Supreme Member

I don't have much use for a 83 manual one, but I'll sell it cheap if you'll come to a nttga meeting. We have one on the 24th at Freddy's steakburger in Euless 4pm

https://www.facebook.com/groups/NTTGA.NET/

nttga.net
Old 09-09-2014, 09:03 AM

Car: 1991 Camaro Z28
Engine: 350ci TPI
Transmission: built 700r4
Axle/Gears: 4th gen rear end

Just ordered some calipers for my on the 2nd of this month and i havent recieved tracking number just a confirmation of my purchase. I emailed him yesterday so i hope their will be a response.
Old 09-20-2014, 05:31 PM

Car: 1987 Formula 350 Firebird
Engine: Pontiac 400
Transmission: Turbo 400

I've seen Thirdgenranch adds on my local Craigslist (Houston). I went to the address to buy some parts and found a guy selling parts out of his house in a neighborhood. Had several third gens in various pieces in the driveway and garage. I'm pretty sure the guy here in Spring, TX is one of the " suppliers" and hence no tracking info.
Old 09-20-2014, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by smh1987FFB
I've seen Thirdgenranch adds on my local Craigslist (Houston). I went to the address to buy some parts and found a guy selling parts out of his house in a neighborhood. Had several third gens in various pieces in the driveway and garage. I'm pretty sure the guy here in Spring, TX is one of the " suppliers" and hence no tracking info.
There are "local ads" here in pittsburgh too but no address, just has link to website thirdgenranch.com
Old 09-20-2014, 08:12 PM

I placed my order on the 2nd of this month and still have not received a tracking number of my order I email him and just told me that my item will ship from manufacturer. I ordered the rear calipers remanufactured for my z28
Old 09-27-2014, 08:19 AM

There's a guy posting on classified ads feedback, he sent denny $500 for rims. He seems like he's from out of the states. No rims, no refund. I want to to see 3rd gen ranch make this right....
Old 09-27-2014, 08:21 AM
Supreme Member

I bought a Trans am cupholder from him a week ago. Got a tracking number by Tuesday, got the package yesterday. No complaints at all
Old 09-27-2014, 08:52 AM

Seems like all the small orders are taken care of but larger orders are not.. I know for the larger stuff he goes through manufacture and has it dropped shipped which is what causes delays in you getting tracking, etc.

If you try to contact him through the website or direct E-mail no response, but he's posting ads on Facebook and Craigs list hourly.. in every major city.
Old 09-27-2014, 11:20 PM

Car: Too many!

He's been posting ads on Facebook like crazy too.
Old 09-27-2014, 11:47 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Car: 89 forrmula
Engine: 350 TBI
Transmission: T-5
Axle/Gears: 3.55

Wow....that's crazy. As a seller of parts myself, I can't see NOT communicating with people-I build reproduction style harnesses and there's just no way that even half the time what I sell is a "one size fits all" type thing. I'm a builder first so I usually have specific questions about certain aspects of a particular harness somebody needs so there's always some sort of dialogue. Heck, with my 73-87 truck guys I'm fielding 8-10 questions a day about details on various harnesses I'm either quoting or working on for somebody.

Sounds as if this guy cares nothing about anybody's project, just cares more about the next part to send out. Custom parts require more communication between buyers and sellers and parts that anybody can offer don't require that kind of attention.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:34 AM

When I went and picked up my parts ( Dirty laying in snow in front yard) I had to buy a couple things because he didn't have change and had to give him a few extra dollars because I couldn't see making him take his small children out in the cold to get change.

Established business or

selling parts from your house,

nothing wrong with that just don't have your young children part of it or subject the customer to having to deal with it, and have parts you're trying to sell in garage or out of the elements because you don't state that in your ads that you leave parts outside and they may be damage before they're shipped to you.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:37 AM

I'm going to look into having a 3RD GEN fest...at a establishment, with a parking lot, food & drinks, music and bathrooms.

The cost to you will be food & drinks and lodging near by if needed.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:25 AM

91_rs-teal

Car: 1991 Camaro, Best 12.40 @ 115.8 MPH
Engine: LS1, Small Cam and Tuned
Transmission: T56, Monster Stg. 4
Axle/Gears: 7.5" 10 Bolt - 4.10's w/ posi

Classifieds Rating: (6)
beware "thirdgen ranch"
Ordered refinished wheel on Aug 3 to this day have no been informed correctly, have not recieved a shipping conformation. Have asked for a number to contact and there is only a fax. Deleting my posts on the facebook page. So I sit his screwed out of my money and I was overly understanding and out of pay pal window because he assured me they were on the way.

Do not waist ur time, nearly $500 american earned dollars he essentially stole

91_rs-teal

Car: 1991 Camaro, Best 12.40 @ 115.8 MPH
Engine: LS1, Small Cam and Tuned
Transmission: T56, Monster Stg. 4
Axle/Gears: 7.5" 10 Bolt - 4.10's w/ posi

Classifieds Rating: (6)
Hey its just like that add above, I got 2 of the wheels n they look like crap
Old 09-30-2014, 07:28 AM

and you wonder why he's posting on facebook and other sites then this one...
Old 09-30-2014, 07:29 AM
Supreme Member

He may be deleting the posts on his own page, but if he had stolen money from me, I would be posting about it on the other pages. Haven't seen anything out there, just here
Old 10-01-2014, 09:57 AM

The person that posted here that he sent $500 is from over seas, it would cost him alot more to get $500 back especially if he didn't use paypal.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:24 AM

I still haven't received my parts that I ordered since September 2 I'm asking for a refund threw paypal I'm tired of waiting and didn't receive no tracking number or a response to my email. I'll take my money else where
Old 10-01-2014, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by robg91z
I still haven't received my parts that I ordered since September 2 I'm asking for a refund threw paypal I'm tired of waiting and didn't receive no tracking number or a response to my email. I'll take my money else where
Typical. I feel bad for you guys, not getting parts or your money in some cases.
Old 10-01-2014, 02:26 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't fart around. 30 days is the limit on paypal disputes. Once past that time you're out of luck and your money.
Old 10-01-2014, 02:31 PM

When I bought off Ebay, I payed with Paypal for Toneau cover. I callled numerous times with no response. Too big to ship I planned on picking up anyways. I looked where 3RD GEN fest was in Crete because he throws it, That's how I got address and my part. Good thing too because one he was going to send was rusted which he didn't mention on Ebay, I picked another, out of the snow in front yard that wasn't rusted. Total waste of time
Old 10-01-2014, 02:34 PM

What did you order? I don't have many camaro parts because I do TA's but I frequent yards that have camaros. If it's not much I can get part and you could just pay shipping. Would that help?
Old 12-19-2014, 10:12 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: White 1987 IROC-Z
Engine: 305 TPI LB9, 215 HP
Transmission: Borg-Warner T5 NWC
Axle/Gears: Borg-Warner 7.75 with 3.27 ratio

Hello All !!!

Too bad I didn't see this before about Thirdgenranch !!!!

Dealt with Denny before, even got a rear end shipped to BC from his place, this time nothing but grief, out $500, and no wheels to speak of !!!!

Seems that his favourite piece to sell is polished wheels at a good price, but doesn't deliver, gives same old customs paperwork story, and doesn't communicate at all !!!

It's a shame when seemingly good people rip you off out of the blue !!!

Ordered a set of wheels in Sept, paid for them, and got the song and dance story, and now it's Dec, and still nothing !!!!

Hello All !!!!

Just a quick update, two days after this post I thought that I would have to eat some crow !!!

I received two of four wheels that I ordered, and tracked the other two wheels based on the tracking number from the two that I received, and was told by UPS that the second box was lost !!!!

UPS told me that I would have to get a hold of the shipper to have him start a claim, and I told them that he is impossible to get a hold of, after two weeks of me complaining to UPS, they said that they would send him a notice of intent to claim, and all he would have to do is fill out the paperwork, and give it to the UPS driver the next time he shipped something !!!

That was about mid Jan 2015, and I have heard nothing, from Denny, nor will UPS send him another request, so I am out $250.00 plus I only have two wheels,when I need four !!!

I have tried to contact Denny via e-mail, and his phone/fax number, and no luck !!!

Thief in my books !!!

What else would you call it !!!

Last edited by 87IROC-DAN61; 09-19-2015 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Update
Old 12-20-2014, 12:43 PM
Supreme Member

Received 212 Likes on 160 Posts
Car: 1989 Trans Am GTA
Engine: LT1, AFR 195cc, 231/239 LE cam.
Transmission: M28 T56
Axle/Gears: 3.23 10bolt waiting to explode.

Originally Posted by 87IROC-DAN61
Hello All !!!

Too bad I didn't see this before about Thirdgenranch !!!!

Dealt with Denny before, even got a rear end shipped to BC from his place, this time nothing but grief, out $500, and no wheels to speak of !!!!

Seems that his favourite piece to sell is polished wheels at a good price, but doesn't deliver, gives same old customs paperwork story, and doesn't communicate at all !!!

It's a shame when seemingly good people rip you off out of the blue !!!

Ordered a set of wheels in Sept, paid for them, and got the song and dance story, and now it's Dec, and still nothing !!!!

It took nearly 2 months to get a USB drive through customs from the UK for work. Denny is a good guy, he doesn't screw people over. If he did, he'd have alot more trouble with Thirdgen Fest.

Customs is a pain in the *** with how they will hold something for paperwork.

Quick Reply: Thirdgen Ranch, everything ok?