Auto Detailing and Appearance Share tips and tricks on how to make your Third Gen shine! Get opinions on products or how something tasteful looks on your Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird.

My 86 Z and Formula 113!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2002, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 86 Z28
Engine: 355 carbed
Transmission: t-5
My 86 Z and Formula 113!

That kind of rymed maybe I should be a rapper . Ok I got my 86 back on the 4th and if anyone was on the east coast by Jersey and NY you know how hot is was. Well I had to disconect my electric fuel pump because all the seals blew on it. If you are wondering a Holley Blue pump. Well after loosing 10 lbs from sweating and having my arms burned by fuel I got the ca back to NJ. Only to find a busted lower radiator hose, bad thermostat, really bad radiator cap, and a shot water pump. If anything could go wrong it did. Well Saturday I fixed all of that. I was the car afterwards and it was pretty shiny. Well Sunday when I woke up I finished painting my interior and installed it. Went to the parts store got a claybar and went to work. After feeling the difference with the claybar I was ready for the FORMULA 113. Let me tell you this stuff is amazing. Real simple to put on and take off. After the formula 113 went on the car looked like it was brand new. Made my Chrome Illusion stand out even more and I loved every minute of it. All together it took me about 1:20 mins to claybar and wax. I tried to use the BeadX but it left some residue so I rewaxed that part of the hood. I have a qustion for Michael. I have a fiberglass hood and the Formula 113 looked a little different on my hood the the rest of the car is that normal? Maybe it has something to do with the static I was getting from applying it to the car? The only problem I had was with the BeadX leaving some streaks on my paint after applying it. The Formula 113 is the best I have ever used. and I will continue to use it untill I stop liking cars. Which is when I'm dead and can't drive anymore.
Old 07-08-2002, 12:18 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1989 IROC-Z
Engine: 383 stroker
Transmission: 700R4 3500 stall, TransGo shift kit
Axle/Gears: Moser 9", 4.11:1
Any pics?
Old 07-08-2002, 01:23 PM

I will have them hopefully tonight after the car show at the local bennigans. This baby shins like there is no tomorrow. I could put a flood light on this car and light up my whole county. expecially on the sides of the car. It is like a colored mirror. you can see the littlest detail in a person if they were standing by my car. This Formula 113 is to car wax as Microsoft is to computer technology. It is definatly worth it's weight in gold.
Old 07-08-2002, 01:31 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 99 Formula
Engine: LS1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 342
That stuff is awesome, I haven't tried the Bead X yet, I'll probably do that in a few weeks.
Old 07-08-2002, 02:03 PM

Mark,
Let me know when you use your BeadX if it leaves streaks when you take it off. It did with my car and I had to use the wax again.

Michael,
If you read this help me out and find out why the BeadX left streaks. I applied it after I was done with the was like you said to do. And I only used it on my trunk lid. I didn't want to use it on my hood because I was running a little low on the wax.
Old 07-08-2002, 02:14 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 99 Formula
Engine: LS1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 342
I just did a test spot on the hood, no streaks what so ever, didn't really even have to turn the cloth over to dry it.
Old 07-08-2002, 02:25 PM
Banned

WOW , What great testimonials I am getting in responce to the 113. I have to post some of these on my website when we update. The reason for the different look on the hood is because it's most likely different paint and its fiberglass. Sometimes the beadx will leave a residue when applied over fresh wax. Use the beadx on your glass , put a couple of coats
Old 07-08-2002, 02:32 PM

That is kind of what I was thinking since the wax has to dry a bit and you are adding a water like solution on top of it it will probably do that. Well we will see when I get out of work and get ready for the car show tonight I will use the BeadX and take some digital pictures and post them for all to see. Friday I am ordering a bottle of both the Formula 113 and BeadX from you Michael. You have a great product and I think you are going about it the right way by letting people try it first. Even though that is a lot of money you are putting out of your pocket, if everyone here that has used your product on their cars bought a bottle it would be well worth it I would think. This is much easier to use then any wax I have ever used, Mothers (several kinds), Maguiers (several kinds) and a couple of other ones. I never tried Zaino because of the cost and time. Like I said I claybared my car and waxed it within a 1:20. That is some good $hit! ALL :hail: Michael for his help, support, and excelent product he is showing everyone.
Old 07-08-2002, 04:52 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 84 camaro Z28
Engine: 434sbc
Transmission: powerglide
Axle/Gears: moser 9" with 411 posi
i have a fiberglass hood on my car too. i know what your talking about it leaving some streaks. i normally just put some more beadx on it and just buff it clean. either that or i just buff the streaks clean. works everytime. its an awsome product. i love it.