Auto Detailing and Appearance Share tips and tricks on how to make your Third Gen shine! Get opinions on products or how something tasteful looks on your Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird.

Anyone else feel that after the third gen design the Camaro & Firebird went downhill

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2019, 03:59 PM

Received 348 Likes on 275 Posts
Car: 1988 Iroc
Engine: L98 350
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: Hawks 8.8 - 3.73
Re: Anyone else feel that after the third gen design the Camaro & Firebird went downh

Irony is.....if I were to buy new....it'd be some form of blue metallic. Probably Jet stream blue. LOL.
Old 08-20-2019, 04:10 PM

Received 348 Likes on 275 Posts
Car: 1988 Iroc
Engine: L98 350
Axle/Gears: Hawks 8.8 - 3.73
Re: Anyone else feel that after the third gen design the Camaro & Firebird went downh

I was at the dealer with my buddy the other day (he bought a new Silverado) and we were looking at the Blazer. Dealer said the front end and dash were directly modeled after the Camaro to bring a sportiness to it. -And it does look pretty good. Not MY taste, but for a vehicle I'm not interested in, it wasn't bad looking.

Someone mentioned the vents, fins, spoilers and splitters on the newer cars. I definitely don't care for all that. For the insignificant number of guys who actually track their cars, I get it, but beyond that I think it does look very "teenager". Even that Silverado has too many......heck I don't even know what to call 'em. Very complicated. -And I get it, I'm not their target. But i think a truck should have a proper grill and a proper bumper. They managed to follow that trend for how many years? Yet still keep them updated and fresh. Now they all look like spaceships. Bah. Maybe I'm just getting old.
Old 08-20-2019, 04:50 PM

Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts
Car: 1987 IROC-Z
Engine: 6.2L
Transmission: Stage III T56
Axle/Gears: 3.73

Originally Posted by Abubaca
Irony is.....if I were to buy new....it'd be some form of blue metallic. Probably Jet stream blue. LOL.
They have a really bright blue that's a big hit on Camaro6. It's pretty but I forget the name of it
Old 08-20-2019, 04:52 PM

I was at the dealer with my buddy the other day (he bought a new Silverado) and we were looking at the Blazer. Dealer said the front end and dash were directly modeled after the Camaro to bring a sportiness to it. -And it does look pretty good. Not MY taste, but for a vehicle I'm not interested in, it wasn't bad looking.

Someone mentioned the vents, fins, spoilers and splitters on the newer cars. I definitely don't care for all that. For the insignificant number of guys who actually track their cars, I get it, but beyond that I think it does look very "teenager". Even that Silverado has too many......heck I don't even know what to call 'em. Very complicated. -And I get it, I'm not their target. But i think a truck should have a proper grill and a proper bumper. They managed to follow that trend for how many years? Yet still keep them updated and fresh. Now they all look like spaceships. Bah. Maybe I'm just getting old.
They're putting splitters on full size trucks?? If so, ewww, on high performance cars, I like.
Old 08-20-2019, 05:07 PM

Received 147 Likes on 106 Posts
Car: 1991 GTA T-Top / 2014 Mustang GT
Engine: 5L TPI
Transmission: WCT5
Axle/Gears: 3.42

Did they even make a blue GTA?[/QUOTE]

They made blue GTA's in 92' only, or maaaybe 91 as well. Not a great looking blue though IMO, probably why it wasn't very popular
Old 08-20-2019, 05:11 PM
Supreme Member

Received 190 Likes on 128 Posts
Car: 1988 IROC Z Convertible
Engine: 305 TPI (LB9)
Transmission: 700 R4
Axle/Gears: G80 GU2

At the end of the day, at least we can agree that the best color is red. THAT is undeniable.
I have to say after seeing pics of dmccain’s car and yours I like red now.. When that paint is fresh and not tired and faded it looks red hot on the right cars..

The new Blazer isn’t bad looking.. a little too much of a Camaro rip off and I might even say that look works better for an SUV.. SUV’s should have big grilles..

Did you catch the price on the Blazer though? The one I saw in the showroom by me was $49k. Even the salesman said they were priced too high and aren’t selling... The C8 can’t come in at $59,995 next to a family SUV for $50k.. That’s crazy.. I mean it was a loaded RS Blazer but still..

Dodge would put the Z06 motor in that and call it a Blazer SS
Old 08-20-2019, 05:19 PM

Received 147 Likes on 106 Posts
Car: 1991 GTA T-Top / 2014 Mustang GT
Engine: 5L TPI
Transmission: WCT5
Axle/Gears: 3.42

I'll admit, that new RS Blazer is pretty cool looking, and is probably a blast to drive. I think they went the wrong route with the truck though. I think they should have brought back a good modernization of an original Blazer, including a removable roof and a 2 door option. Wranglers have become ridiculously expensive for what they are, yet still extremely popular, and it's all because of such a simple cool design. Imagine if GM just announced that they're bringing back a convertible or even just a 2 door Blazer again. People would go nuts, and I bet it would sell extremely well. Look at the Bronco for example! They've confirmed that it'll be convertible, with removable doors, and a 2 and 4 door option. I don't know about you guys, but depending on how they look and price out, I'm very much interested in getting one when they eventually land
Old 08-20-2019, 05:32 PM
ksr

Received 221 Likes on 158 Posts
Car: 1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA
Engine: 5.7 liter V-8
Transmission: 4 speed auto

Originally Posted by blackgloves
Depending what your plans are for the car change everything. If it's taking it to the local gtg or taking it to a few shows. The door jams may or may not need to be done. The engine bay can be hand sanded and rattle canned the color your painting your car in a matte finish. Again, it depends on your goals and intentions.

My car is literally getting painted today. It was the factory white and I'm going with a brighter white. I dont think I had them do the jams but I'm not trailering the car or going to shows every other weekend either.

What colors do you have in mind? I knew a guy that had a yellow Mustang and had the car painted a bronze color. It looked good and I had no idea It was previously yellow until i rode in it one day and could see just a little yellow around the firewall/hood area. It wasn't overly obvious but I saw it when riding in the car

I saw your thread about the paint job and look forward to seeing pics. White is one of my favorite 3rd gen colors; my first was white.

If/when I do this, honestly I'll spend what it takes do do a first rate job. If I'm going to do it, I'll do it right and I know it will cost me. My car has 35,000 miles on it. I take it out for a ride once or twice a week, but don't pile up a lot of miles. I really don't see ever selling it. The prior two times I sold a 3rd gen, I ended up regretting it, though both had very high miles. It's just my favorite car.

It will be a while before this happens. I just spent a lot on a new car this year. It's paid for, but that drained a lot of cash from me.

The two colors that I most often think of are blue and green. Probably something along the lines of the "lime rock green" that Chevy offered on Corvettes for a while. It would be that or some other rich metallic green. Or a some sort of deep metallic blue. Both would blend well with the tan interior.
Old 08-21-2019, 09:58 AM
Supreme Member

Received 239 Likes on 185 Posts
Car: 1991 Z28
Engine: 305 TPI
Axle/Gears: 3:42 Auburn

Originally Posted by 88IROCvertZ
I have to say after seeing pics of dmccain’s car and yours I like red now.. When that paint is fresh and not tired and faded it looks red hot on the right cars..

The new Blazer isn’t bad looking.. a little too much of a Camaro rip off and I might even say that look works better for an SUV.. SUV’s should have big grilles..

Did you catch the price on the Blazer though? The one I saw in the showroom by me was $49k. Even the salesman said they were priced too high and aren’t selling... The C8 can’t come in at $59,995 next to a family SUV for $50k.. That’s crazy.. I mean it was a loaded RS Blazer but still..

Dodge would put the Z06 motor in that and call it a Blazer SS
You guys know there will be no argument from me on GM Bright Red.

When I 1st saw that blazer I thought it was a Camaro crossover of some sort. I agree that it is cool looking and definitely designed for the times, just too much over the top for my taste..

The cost reflects all this Tech that is going into new vehicles. Like you guys said the base models are as nice as the deluxe nowadays just less performance. No different on the Ford side, my neighbor bought one of the new Edge Sport. It was a 18' leftover she bought about 6 months ago, she got a deal 10k off the 55k sticker...Ouch!
Old 08-22-2019, 01:23 AM
Supreme Member

Received 511 Likes on 428 Posts
Car: 84 TA orig. 305 LG4 "H" E4ME
Engine: 334 SBC - stroked 305 M4ME Q-Jet
Transmission: upgraded 700R4 3200 stall
Axle/Gears: 10bolt 4.10 Posi w Lakewood TA Bars

Originally Posted by 88IROCvertZ
The greatest profit margin is on trucks and SUVs.
Old 08-24-2019, 07:21 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1985 Camaro, 2015 Audi A4
Engine: V8

I know I'm way late to the game on this but...

I used to own a Cadillac ATS and GM announced that the 6th gen Camaro (lets be real, it's 5th gen) was going to be on the Alpha platform. The ATS was a small car and was based on the Alpha platform. Without any real evidence, I'd say the ATS was nearly the same footprint as a 1st gen Camaro, so I was crazy excited at the idea that GM would scale the 5th gen to 1st gen proportions when it switched to the Alpha. I was very disappointed when they didn't.

If they had, it would have shrunken 2" in every dimension and would have dropped a lot weight in the process, even fully loaded (300-400lbs). A 6th (5th) gen the size of a 1st gen, with it's current power level would have been a force to recon with.
Old 08-24-2019, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by ontogenesis
I know I'm way late to the game on this but...

I used to own a Cadillac ATS and GM announced that the 6th gen Camaro (lets be real, it's 5th gen) was going to be on the Alpha platform. The ATS was a small car and was based on the Alpha platform. Without any real evidence, I'd say the ATS was nearly the same footprint as a 1st gen Camaro, so I was crazy excited at the idea that GM would scale the 5th gen to 1st gen proportions when it switched to the Alpha. I was very disappointed when they didn't.

If they had, it would have shrunken 2" in every dimension and would have dropped a lot weight in the process, even fully loaded (300-400lbs). A 6th (5th) gen the size of a 1st gen, with it's current power level would have been a force to recon with.

Take a guess on why they didnt pull that off
Old 08-24-2019, 09:00 PM

Received 68 Likes on 37 Posts
Car: 91 Formula
Engine: 5.0 tpi slow
Transmission: WC t-5

Originally Posted by blackgloves
Take a guess on why they didnt pull that off
I’d like to hear your input on why. I see most are disliking how the 5th/6th gen l
”looks” bigger. But by the measurements posted earlier it’ seems pretty negligible. I’ve parked my 4th gen next to a 6th and there’s minimal size difference. I’ have every intention of buying a 5th z28 or a 6th gen Ss/zl1. I’ve took out a new Mustang last year, nice car, not very comfortable at all though. That 6 gen was quite comfortable
Old 08-24-2019, 09:08 PM

Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts
Car: 1986 trans am
Engine: 305/350
Transmission: 5 speed
Axle/Gears: 3.27

you aren't grasping what this place is about yet for some reason,clues are in the name THIRDGEN.ORG!!!!!
we like gutting,ripping the innards out of these hideous blasphemous behemoths like a lion pride at feeding
time in the drought season and stuffing them into our gorgeous,sleek sexy third gens .then we love to show
how well balanced they were to begin with when track days come.truth of the matter is i would take any third
gen as it is or with an lsx /t56 conversion done clean and right over ANY 5TGH/6TH GEN suv currently offered.
Old 08-24-2019, 09:18 PM

notice how the third gen's roof is about were the window starts on the suv trying to look like a pony car?

here is a third gen beside a 4th gen,little size difference to me anyway.

Last edited by 1986BANDIT; 08-24-2019 at 09:47 PM.
Old 08-24-2019, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by 1986BANDIT
you aren't grasping what this place is about yet for some reason,clues are in the name THIRDGEN.ORG!!!!!
we like gutting,ripping the innards out of these hideous blasphemous behemoths like a lion pride at feeding
time in the drought season and stuffing them into our gorgeous,sleek sexy third gens .then we love to show
how well balanced they were to begin with when track days come.truth of the matter is i would take any third
gen as it is or with an lsx /t56 conversion done clean and right over ANY 5TGH/6TH GEN suv currently offered.
I asked a simple question. While we are being jackasses though, I'll remind you that this thread is about 5th and 6th gen Camaros

Nice try Einstein
Old 08-24-2019, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by 2slow5.0
I’d like to hear your input on why. I see most are disliking how the 5th/6th gen l
”looks” bigger. But by the measurements posted earlier it’ seems pretty negligible. I’ve parked my 4th gen next to a 6th and there’s minimal size difference. I’ have every intention of buying a 5th z28 or a 6th gen Ss/zl1. I’ve took out a new Mustang last year, nice car, not very comfortable at all though. That 6 gen was quite comfortable
My guess is that they wanted the car to have the best of both worlds but simply couldnt pull it off. Meaning, they would have liked it to be lighter but just couldn't. Though the Camaro and Cadillac are similar the differences are what makes them weigh and perform differently.

Add all the air bags the 5th/6th gen has into a 3rd. Then all the leather, technology, bigger wheels, heavier tires, etc. It adds up quickly. Theres more than what I mentioned but between the platform and all the bells and whistles it becomes more challenging to keep weight down.

I would be interested in the weight difference between the tpi 305/350 and the 6.2L LT1
Old 08-24-2019, 09:41 PM

notice how the third gen's roof is about were the window starts on the suv trying to look like a pony car?

here is a third gen beside a 4th gen,little size difference to me anyway.

I noticed:
1. The picture(s) of said 6th and 3rd gen Camaros are in two separate photos making it literally impossible to compare

2. You posted a picture of a modified 3rd gen that's also been lowered

Try posting sober next time or think before you post. The measurements of all gens were posted
Old 08-24-2019, 09:42 PM

this forum isnt about 5th or 6th gens...this hypothetical "discussion" is like studying nuclear fission in a knitting class,know what im saying?

we get it,you like your car.we do not and we have given you several reasons why.

this horse is officially dead,close the thread please moderators
Old 08-24-2019, 09:43 PM

pls compare ride height of both silver camaros then disregard you last comment,thanks.i also moved the pictures to alleviate your confusion,maybe try to not tip the elbow before talking,lol

Last edited by 1986BANDIT; 08-24-2019 at 09:48 PM.
Old 08-24-2019, 09:50 PM

pls compare ride height of both silver camaros then disregard you last comment,thanks
I'm not disregarding anything. I posted facts/data of the cars earlier. If posting pictures to give false information is your forte, have at it.
Old 08-24-2019, 09:53 PM

pls compare ride height of both silver camaros then disregard you last comment,thanks.i also moved the pictures to alleviate your confusion,maybe try to not tip the elbow before talking,lol
I'm not confused. In order to form an opinion based on a photo, the cars would have to be side by side and totally stock. But its 2 different photos and the 3rd is obviously lowered and far from stock

Are you a teenager?
Old 08-24-2019, 10:00 PM

no,im not but thank for the compliment

cut the bottom 8" out of the new camaro and it would be pretty stunning.also revise the wall that is the grille/front facia.
right about were that body line is needs to be dropped,the car also looks too short in front of the front tires.

ill try this again,hopefully you will understand this time,perspective is more than numbers its also having
a discerning eye and attention to details and how several visual cues contribute to the overall look of a vehicle.

Old 08-24-2019, 10:03 PM

cut the bottom 8" out of the new camaro and it would be pretty stunning.also revise the wall that is the grille/front facia.
right about were that body line is needs to be dropped,the car also looks too short in front of the front tires.

ill try this again,hopefully you will understand this time,perspective is more than numbers its also having
a discerning eye and attention to details and how several visual cues contribute to the overall look of a vehicle.

Thank you for your opinion

Heres mine, the red firebird is ugly and I wouldnt be caught dead in it. The black SS I would be willing to make payments on for 5 years
Old 08-24-2019, 10:23 PM

To me, that pic actually shows the features that relate the cars. Long sloped hood, high fender wells, low roofline, albeit the black car looks like it has a lower roofline. Both have a pretty high doorlines by that comparo.
Old 08-24-2019, 10:32 PM

that camaro has a window thats about 6-7" high.its a retarded,hideous aspect ratio and the cars are truly a nightmare to look out of .
that and they "try and fail" to use the small window to give the illusion (and failure) of a wedge shape.they are ugly,it only takes one
look to see it.i hate fords but i would drive a new mustang any day over that minivan looking thing.its a very common opinion on here
and is pretty much universally shared,camaros make awesome parts cars but you really don't want to own or drive them.

there is a reason these cars are almost to the point of another discontinuation.
its due to disinterest and poor sales,because they look like A$$ and have no
allure to the people who can afford them.
Old 08-24-2019, 10:38 PM

you seem to be in the wrong place and also in need of an eye exam or possible mental assessment.
if you think that firebird looks anything but amazing your taste leaves a lot to be desired.the vision
of motion and speed when sitting still,the long lean sexy predator look.it just screams sexy and mean.

the camaro screams BILLBOARD,WALL,MINIVAN,TRANSPORT TRUCK.

trump should line these ugly "new camaro" things up around the border of texas and the other states bordering mehico.
they would run away from the border,screaming like their eyes had been gouged out and pray the the nightmare goes away.

Last edited by 1986BANDIT; 08-24-2019 at 10:46 PM.
Old 08-24-2019, 10:41 PM

that camaro has a window thats about 6-7" high.its a retarded,hideous aspect ratio and the cars are truly a nightmare to look out of .
that and they "try and fail" to use the small window to give the illusion (and failure) of a wedge shape.they are ugly,it only takes one
look to see it.i hate fords but i would drive a new mustang any day over that minivan looking thing.its a very common opinion on here
and is pretty much universally shared,camaros make awesome parts cars but you really don't want to own or drive them.

there is a reason these cars are almost to the point of another discontinuation.
its due to disinterest and poor sales,because they look like A$$ and have no
allure to the people who can afford them.
So what's the reason for Mustang and Challengers declining numbers?
Old 08-24-2019, 10:52 PM

you seem to be in the wrong place and also in need of an eye exam or possible mental assessment.
if you think that firebird looks anything but amazing your taste leaves a lot to be desired.the vision
of motion and speed when sitting still,the long lean sexy predator look.it just screams sexy and mean.

the camaro screams BILLBOARD,WALL,MINIVAN,TRANSPORT TRUCK.

trump should line these ugly things up around the perimeter of texas and the other states bordering mehico.
they would run away from the border,screaming like their eyes had been gouged out.
I own a 91 bird. So not quite sure what your gettin at what that comment. I simply stated your 2 pics showed the relation to the 2 cars. The thread is about comparing third gens to everything after, which happens to include 5th and 6th gens. And fwiw, im only 5'7 and found the mustang highly uncomfortable. Yet I had a 94 gt that I drove daily that was quite nice to drive
Old 08-24-2019, 10:52 PM

Mustang sales

*currently on pace to drop lower than 2018 sales total*
Old 08-24-2019, 10:53 PM

you understand the newish camaro is the new blazer? do you notice that AT ALL?

IS THIS A BLAZER OR A

A CAMARO,IM SO CONFUSED?????????????????
Old 08-24-2019, 10:54 PM

my apologies,this was directed at "new camaro guy" or "black gloves"
Old 08-24-2019, 11:08 PM

Sales 2018 quarter 1 vs 2019 quarter 1

Challenger, Mustang, Toyota 86, Nissan 370Z, Subaru BRZ, Mazda Miata MX5, Fiat 124 Spyder

All went negative comparing 1st quarter sales from last year to this year

Camaro actually went up.

My point? All cars in this class or that are similar are struggling. But I know it makes you feel better to bash GM and the 6th gen so please disregard the facts I provide
Old 08-24-2019, 11:30 PM

Old 08-24-2019, 11:31 PM

Old 08-24-2019, 11:42 PM

Old 08-24-2019, 11:59 PM

Old 08-25-2019, 12:02 AM

Every one of these cars I posted are factory option paint colors if anyone is wondering
Old 08-25-2019, 12:45 AM
COTM Editor

Received 1,857 Likes on 1,272 Posts
Car: '89 Firebird
Engine: 7.0L
Transmission: T56

You guys remind me of two co-workers I once knew. They had lunch together every day. And every day they argued vehemently about climate change. It was bizarre. They seemed to have an endless appetite for repetitious argument that would cause ordinary people to go insane.
Old 08-25-2019, 11:26 AM

You guys are all confused. 5th gen is much smaller than previous generations
The following users liked this post:
1986BANDIT (08-25-2019)
Old 08-25-2019, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by QwkTrip
You guys remind me of two co-workers I once knew. They had lunch together every day. And every day they argued vehemently about climate change. It was bizarre. They seemed to have an endless appetite for repetitious argument that would cause ordinary people to go insane.
I have no issue with his opinion. I do have issue with people that make assumptions or present opinions as facts.
Old 08-25-2019, 04:04 PM

no facts were presented.its usually personal opinion or subjective comparison.
the bottom line my friend is the 5th/6th gen blazer/camaro doesn't invoke or inspire
the same passion the third gen cars do at least with the folks here at third gen.org

tbh i do not hate the 5th gen,6th gen camaros,they are wickedly balanced,brutally quick
but i can not "love them"they don't send the hairs on my arms up and give me chills.
i asked my 19 yr old daughter which car she preferred and she pointed at the red
gta i posted with the 5th gen above.she prefers the 1st and second gen cars even
more than i do . i would love to own any 67/69 or 70/73 camaro/firebird of varied
models.

the 2012 and up ,its fast,it handles great....it has good parts to swap on a sweet third gen.
check hawks build on this beauty: (a complete 5th gen gave its awesome guts to build this)

here is another,my personal favorite,the storm trooper:

these cars just oozz desire,lust,speed,handling and passion.this is my opinion and it is shared with members of this forum.
all the arguing ,dick waving and picture posting will not change this fact.

Last edited by 1986BANDIT; 08-25-2019 at 04:13 PM.
Old 08-25-2019, 06:59 PM

I posted many facts. You have conveniently ignored all of them as they directly contradicted your opinions that you posted in this thread.

I do not and never will like the nose of the red and, the white firebird you posted. It's too exaggerated and plain. Looks like something a young kid would design.

Just spent hours cleaning the wheels on my Iroc. My fingers are throbbing. I need to get an easier wheel to clean on that car. Z06 reproductions are not fun
Old 08-25-2019, 07:37 PM

Received 482 Likes on 233 Posts
Car: 1989 Firebird GTA
Engine: Motown Aluminum 427
Transmission: TH400/GVO
Axle/Gears: Dana 44 IRS 3.75:1

IMO, I can oooo and ahhh about the new vette and maro, but like most performance stuff now it's made of unobtanium and corporate greed has dictated life spans for these cars so backyard mechanics 'f#ck off'. You can't work on them yourself, you gotta know a guy that knows a guy or have a pipeline of dough. I think they are really cool, but like lambo's and furr rare ee's every day guys can't get them. One good thing about the American stuff though, they make scaled down versions with relatively high production numbers, so after about 10 or 20 years you can do yer own thing with them, if you want....

I love the third gens. They were scorned when literally every tom, dick and hairy had one. But they are much more rare now, and are really cool as stockers or can provide a great platform for the 'built not bought' crowd. They had great styling, and are modern enough that they don't look old. It's why resto's are so hot, they can be as individual as their owners and house the latest tech if you want. You can work on them yourself without having to go to school 6 months of the year.

As the techno transition generation, they are electrified but don't have a wire going to the thousands of parts that make up a car. For me, this is why thirds rule.
The following users liked this post:
1986BANDIT (08-25-2019)
Old 08-25-2019, 08:16 PM

a sd-455 of any year has always been a dream of mine.a guy who collects hemi cudas(several of them in fact)
drives and loves a stunning early 70-73 sd-455 trans am and loves it.its a very well balanced,beautiful car.
Old 08-25-2019, 08:16 PM

thanks for chiming in,i thought i was fighting a loosing battle here!!

ps:your car is in the top 3 modified third gens of all time in my book,you should be proud as im sure you are,wicked car and world class build!!!
Old 08-25-2019, 08:19 PM

try "iroc" rims maybe?

ps,this guy needs a new license plate "BADA$$ MINIVAN "

ZERO VIEWING ANGLE,100% VIEWING RESRICTION

Last edited by 1986BANDIT; 08-25-2019 at 08:22 PM.
Old 08-25-2019, 10:07 PM

try "iroc" rims maybe?

ps,this guy needs a new license plate "BADA$$ MINIVAN "

ZERO VIEWING ANGLE,100% VIEWING RESRICTION
The fact that you keep referring to the 6th gen as a SUV is beyond stupid.

It has 2 rear cameras. The one in the spolier can be turned on and used 100% of the time if you choose. Basically the rear view mirror turns into a screen and it's the entire mirror, not just a small rectangle. I've had no issues with "blind spots" because of it. I sometimes dont even use it. If you use your side mirrors and the rear view mirror (traditional way) I dont see all the fuss. The side mirrors now have indicators for objects approaching. But continue your nonsense
Old 08-26-2019, 02:23 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Car: 1992 RS
Transmission: Automatic

Pretty much every car today has grown to absurd proportions, that doesn't make the Camaro a Crossover though.

Fullsize trucks have gotten bigger, compact trucks have evolved into midsize, crossovers have killed the wagon, and it's only going to get worse. Ford is starting to design what it calls: "Whitespace Vehicles", which is taking the bigger/taller car approach to level 9000.

Old 08-26-2019, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by ThePain
Pretty much every car today has grown to absurd proportions, that doesn't make the Camaro a Crossover though.

Fullsize trucks have gotten bigger, compact trucks have evolved into midsize, crossovers have killed the wagon, and it's only going to get worse. Ford is starting to design what it calls: "Whitespace Vehicles", which is taking the bigger/taller car approach to level 9000.

Sounds like the 1950's all over again.

Quick Reply: Anyone else feel that after the third gen design the Camaro & Firebird went downhill