Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

teal camaro

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2002, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
teal camaro

Does anyone know if that is a hard color to match? I had a mentaly challenged dog run out into the road full speed and i tagged him under braking. I 'm a little pissed because my perfect 1991 Camaro RS with 59,000 miles is all screwed up on the left front because some ******* is too good to put up a fence to keep his freaking dog in the yard. So any way the dog is ok he got up and ran away, but at least im pissed and have a messed up car. So is this a tough color to match? Sorry guys for ranting. Rock on!
Old 12-31-2002, 01:40 PM
Supreme Member

Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts
Car: 89 Iroc Hardtop
Engine: LB9 w/G92 Pkg
Transmission: T5 5-Speed
Axle/Gears: 9-Bolt, 3.45
Sorry I can't help with the paint question- but I've got a good "dog chases car" story that will at least bump this to the top for ya...

An older friend of my dad's told me that when he was young, every time he would drive down a certain stretch of road at night, a huge dog would come charging straight at his car from the left side of the road. He'd be barking furiously like he was going to attack and kill- and he'd run all the way to the corner of the driver's side bumper and try to bite the car.

Since it only happened when he passed by at night, my dad's friend figured out that he was chasing after the headlight- and since the dog lived on the left side of the road, he chased after the closest (driver's side) headlight. So one day, after tiring of having his car attacked by this dog, he unplugged the driver's side headlight. When he passed by the house, the dog chased after the passenger side headlight. Splat. End of problem.
Old 12-31-2002, 02:05 PM

Car: 1988 Z
Engine: LS1
it depends on where you take the car to get it painted. Some people are better than others at matching paint. I'd say it will be a little harder because your paint is older. It's not as vibrant as is was new. The shop will have to adjust the paint code to match it. Most paints already have a paint variance in the codes. Just remember.... you get what you pay for. "Good" paint jobs don't cost a few hundred dollars, they cost a few thousand.
Old 12-31-2002, 03:03 PM

Thats a pretty good story. I hope the car didnt get too messed up. I hate retarded dogs. I was a little mad when it happened, but i think i am better now. The paint was perfect now it looks like a 11 year old car like it is. I am a perfectionist so it will be fixed soon, and hopefully the dog learned something and won't run at my car again. Rock on!