Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

What is the most ghetto thing you've found done to your car?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 02:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: '87 Z-28
Engine: LT1-topped 400
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.42
Re: What is the most ghetto thing you've found done to your car?

When I purchased my current project, the original seats were gone and were replaced with seats from a different car, different mounting pattern... one mount was bolted in, the other three didn't line up.

Also, the side ground effects had no Z-28 badge and the hole was completely filled with Bondo... made them a huge pain to remove.

That's about the worst... whole bunch of weird hack jobs, nothing else really worth mentioning... although I did find a shiv while pulling the interior apart
Old 01-27-2011, 02:05 PM

Car: 87 IROC
Engine: LB9
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 3.70 9 bolt

The Pat Benatar tape in the tape player.

~Matt
Old 01-27-2011, 02:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1986 Trans Am WS6/1991 Firebird
Engine: 305 TPI/305 TBI
Transmission: 700R4 in both

The most ghetto, or rather red-necked thing done to my car was when the previous owner wire wheeled the quarter panels of my 86' Trans Am, exposing bare metal righ before winter, and then parking it in his yard! My friend bought it off that guy, and rather then etch prime the clean metal, he decided it was to cold to paint, so he slapped vaseline all over the quarters to prevent rust... A few week later I bought the car, we got a nasty snow storm, and the car sat in their yard for two more weeks. Imagine my surprise when we dug the car out, moved it to my place, and I found that it had worked, not a spot of rust formed under the frozen layer of vaseline! It still lives on as one of my frineds good ideas, though I wouldn't take my chances on it again, lol.

Last edited by GerryCat09; 01-27-2011 at 02:08 PM. Reason: this forum censores the word r e d neck...?!
Old 01-27-2011, 03:40 PM

Car: 1988 gta carbed 383
Engine: small block 4bbl
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 3.27 g80

i use a plastic broom handle to hold up my fiberglass hood,the stock struts were bending it and gave it small stress cracks-and i used rubber lines to patch the tranny cooler lines for a few weeks-thats about as gheto as i can do for now!
Old 01-28-2011, 04:13 PM

Car: 89 Camaro iroc-z
Engine: 305 tpi
Transmission: 5 speed manual

About a year after buying my iroc i was pumping oil out the dipstick tube pretty good. when i started to pull my engine apart i noticed someone had already been inside because of the newer looking gaskets. six of the pistons were the same. the other two looked completely different and weighed more. can't remember how much exactly, and it was one of the different pistons that fell apart when i took it out i bought eight new IDENTICAL pistons just remembered this is body forum.... oops

Last edited by bryce2420; 01-28-2011 at 04:43 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:58 PM

Car: 91 Camaro RS
Engine: 305 TBI
Transmission: Factory 700R4 Auto
Axle/Gears: dunno

My tops were caulked into the car with one glass and one plexiglas. Fan was hot-wired into fuse-box and almost caused a fire. Engine was said to be rebuilt but parts were rusted. Done pulled over 100 foot of wires that were not connected to anything. Cant complaint too much since it was a ******* I bought from for 1000.00 cash and it did crank and drive. Been replacing parts with Lifetime warranty's. Alternator, Distributor, Adjustable Thermostat fan, and Starter right now.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:15 PM

Car: 85 z28,01 sonoma,05 envoy
Engine: 305 tpi
Transmission: 700 r4
Axle/Gears: stock

This is my first post.....

I have had many ghetto things in my cars from po's

92 s10 po hacked the drivers side of the wiring harness to put in a train horn, this caused drivers headlight not to work, had to pull the whole lighting harness out and put in one from a junk yard. same truck had a wooden center arm rest and the old bench seat drilled in the bed of the truck for passengers.

1993 gmc serria po had a piece of wood under the radiator for a radiator support.

91 formula: po had an ignition problem where the theft lock would not recongize the key, fo the prong that belonged in the ignition was under the steering wheel and to start it you needed 2 keys, one to touch the 2 prongs in the center and once it beeped you would start it. what a mess.

89 ranger: a small wrench was taped to the hood latch cable so you could pull on it. the cable poked me a few times too ouch! and the seat belt buckles did not work so we had to bungeecord them behind the seat to the back of the truck so it looked like we were buckled in.

96 ford f150 putty on the leaking oil pan which did not hold.

86 trans am: entire interior was the filthiest i ever seen, had to sit on newspapers becuase it would stain and the headliner was gone all that was left was the foam. car would randomly shut off after you throw it into drive you would have to rev it and time it just right or it would die.

my current 85 z28: shifter cable and bracket is gone, car stuck in drive, needs to be shut off with e brake on or it will leap foreward.

im sure theres more i forgot to mention

Last edited by Dusk2600; 01-29-2011 at 11:33 PM. Reason: forgot info
Old 01-30-2011, 02:00 AM
Supreme Member

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
Car: 1986 Camaro Z28 IROC-Z
Engine: 350 Tuned Port Injection, for now.
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: Posi - 3.23

More ghetto 3rd Gens......

Old 01-30-2011, 02:06 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by fadedirocz28
o.O... Thats a beautiful car minus the grill, I don't know whats ghetto about that, Only thing i would change is a different grill and z28 emblems (z28 emblems on an rs is "ghetto" in itself, but i don't like the look of "RS")

That's the only color i would ever own besides black on these cars, as well.
WHAT!!!!! R U looking at the right picture??? This Blue RS does NOT have Z28 emblems. Take a good look at the RS. It has Chrome aftermarket IROC-Z rims!!! Dont get me wrong. The ride looks sweet. But personally, I would keep it as original as possible. It's like seeing a Cobra (Cobra emblems on the rockers) with a Mustang rear bumper.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:35 AM

Car: '87 Z-28
Engine: LT1-topped 400

Originally Posted by Dusk2600
This is my first post.....

I have had many ghetto things in my cars from po's

92 s10 po hacked the drivers side of the wiring harness to put in a train horn, this caused drivers headlight not to work, had to pull the whole lighting harness out and put in one from a junk yard. same truck had a wooden center arm rest and the old bench seat drilled in the bed of the truck for passengers.

1993 gmc serria po had a piece of wood under the radiator for a radiator support.

91 formula: po had an ignition problem where the theft lock would not recongize the key, fo the prong that belonged in the ignition was under the steering wheel and to start it you needed 2 keys, one to touch the 2 prongs in the center and once it beeped you would start it. what a mess.

89 ranger: a small wrench was taped to the hood latch cable so you could pull on it. the cable poked me a few times too ouch! and the seat belt buckles did not work so we had to bungeecord them behind the seat to the back of the truck so it looked like we were buckled in.

96 ford f150 putty on the leaking oil pan which did not hold.

86 trans am: entire interior was the filthiest i ever seen, had to sit on newspapers becuase it would stain and the headliner was gone all that was left was the foam. car would randomly shut off after you throw it into drive you would have to rev it and time it just right or it would die.

my current 85 z28: shifter cable and bracket is gone, car stuck in drive, needs to be shut off with e brake on or it will leap foreward.

im sure theres more i forgot to mention
Seems to me most of those are the kind of dealbreakers you'd notice before buying the vehicle...
Old 01-30-2011, 03:23 AM
Supreme Member

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts
Car: '87 IROC
Transmission: TH700R4

I did this decades ago.

I really should start a re-wire project.

Name:  stereoratnest.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  85.8 KB
Old 01-30-2011, 04:07 AM

Car: 1985 Camaro Iroc-Z

Originally Posted by Chevy86 IROC-Z
WHAT!!!!! R U looking at the right picture??? This Blue RS does NOT have Z28 emblems. Take a good look at the RS. It has Chrome aftermarket IROC-Z rims!!! Dont get me wrong. The ride looks sweet. But personally, I would keep it as original as possible. It's like seeing a Cobra (Cobra emblems on the rockers) with a Mustang rear bumper.
No i was looking at the right picture , And i was saying I personally would replace the RS emblems with z28. I have the same feeling toward fake cobras, But there's much difference between a thirdgen RS and Z28. I just prefer the look of Z28 emblems.

And are IROC wheels only allowed on iroc's now? Better start pouncing on all them el caminos/monte carlos riding on them lol, While were at it we can hunt down all the CAMAROS on this site riding on CORVETTE wheels

And that's all i was saying, i thought you was looking at it and thinking "that's an ugly car", When it has decent paint and looks to have been kept up with.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:03 PM

Car: 1991 RS Camaro
Engine: 400 Smallblock

Originally Posted by fadedirocz28
o.O... Thats a beautiful car minus the grill, I don't know whats ghetto about that, Only thing i would change is a different grill and z28 emblems (z28 emblems on an rs is "ghetto" in itself, but i don't like the look of "RS")

That's the only color i would ever own besides black on these cars, as well.
I dont know...

I just think the grill makes it look a lot more intimidating when your a Mustang owner and you see me come breathing down your neck on some lone stretch of highway

Old 01-31-2011, 05:25 PM

Car: 1985 Camaro Iroc-Z

i like the chrome/polished bowtie, And i think it would look great on a z28/iroc grill if it was 3/4th of the size, Just how you had metal over the slats i wasn't a fan of.

I use to love the louvered grills but thirdgen.org got to me and now i don't favor them. I think if they had 2-3 more bars in them they would look good, They have more of a retro feel to them than the other style.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:26 PM
Supreme Member

I found this Camaro with 26" wheels on youtube. I must say that the guy knew that he would get negative responses because he disabled the comments. Tell us what YOU think. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqAIJ...eature=related

DONT FORGET TO RATE HIS VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-03-2011, 08:37 PM

Car: 1990 Camaro RS
Engine: 3.1 V6 MFI
Transmission: MD8 Hydra-Matic 4L60
Axle/Gears: Standard/3.23

I think this pretty much off topic, lol but. . .anywho. . .

Yeah. . .not a fan. Good idea he wasn't going to fast, poor thing looks like it would of fell over like a wobbly old card table as soon as he hit a curve. . .
Old 02-03-2011, 08:45 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 1988 Camaro IROC-Z
Engine: LB9 (305 TPI)
Axle/Gears: 2.73 Positraction

Not my car, but seen in the local pick n pull on a 3rd gen;

Purple paint with arts and crafts glitter sprinkled into it, engine plastic spray painted blue with Krylon paint, tan targa top over the factory hardtop with gold trim, burgundy velvet headliner (about 3" thick), faux wood dash overlay with more burgundy velvet over all the vinyl and door panels, chain steering wheel, 13" bicycle spoke gold lowrider rims...all on what used to be a straight bodied V6 Camaro.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:22 AM
Supreme Member

i just recently got this horrible wobble from side to side in the rear of the IROC. I thought that my axle shaft was bend so I whipped out my old LoLo
gold 80 spoke Crown Wire Wheels to see if in fact if the axle shaft was bent. I bolted on the wire wheels and dropped the IROC. Little did I know that there was no room to easily pull out the jack. So I played Tug Of War with my Camaro. HAHA. I won . So I did the test drive and i got results. The axle is fine but the Camaro's tire has a bulge on it. I couldnt get the jack back under the IROC because the 13 inch wheels are so small that there was no clearance between the ground and the axle. So I grabbed my old hood assist stick that held up my hood() and drove over it. I now had enough room to instal the jack. But before I started to jack up the IROC to remove the wire wheels, I had to take a picture of my ghetto Camaro.
IMG00333-20110201-1622.jpg?t=1296800370
IMG00334-20110201-1622.jpg?t=1296800370
Old 02-04-2011, 12:26 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1987 IROC-Z and 1988 Iroc-Z
Engine: 5.7 350 V8 and 5.0 305 V8
Transmission: 700R4 Automatic Transmission
Axle/Gears: 3.27 Posi

i just recently got this horrible wobble from side to side in the rear of the IROC. I thought that my axle shaft was bend so I whipped out my old LoLo
gold 80 spoke Crown Wire Wheels to see if in fact if the axle shaft was bent. I bolted on the wire wheels and dropped the IROC. Little did I know that there was no room to easily pull out the jack. So I played Tug Of War with my Camaro. HAHA. I won . So I did the test drive and i got results. The axle is fine but the Camaro's tire has a bulge on it. I couldnt get the jack back under the IROC because the 13 inch wheels are so small that there was no clearance between the ground and the axle. So I grabbed my old hood assist stick that held up my hood() and drove over it. I now had enough room to instal the jack. But before I started to jack up the IROC to remove the wire wheels, I had to take a picture of my ghetto Camaro.
Wow, I am really glad you took those off! Did you try doing any burnouts before taking them off? Also to comment on your sig I just got a set of those "Objects in Mirror are Slower than they Appear" stickers for my side view mirrors!

Last edited by '87IROCZOWNER69; 02-04-2011 at 12:34 AM.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:35 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by '87IROCZOWNER69
Wow, I am really glad you took those off! Did you try doing any burnouts before taking them off?
. I did about 10 feet of scarring on the street as I left my apartments. Upon my return, I saw the wide skid and a 5" wide skid. Looked bad for a skid mark. Its like wearing a wide foot shoe on the right and a narrow arching shoe on the left.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:54 AM

Car: 1992 Camaro RS Z03 T-Top
Engine: L98 with TBI
Axle/Gears: 2.73...

When I got my 92 rs, the hood wouldn't stay down on the highway, and was held up with a 2x4. The hatch was opened with a screw driver. Dash, passenger t top, and head lights held on with duct tape. No radio, speakers, window buttons. Section of the headliner stuffed with paper where foam was missing. Grill held on with wire. Gas tank was aftermarket of some sort, held three gallons and the gauge didn't work. All that was a lot of fun to fix.

Last edited by justcallmeclassy; 02-04-2011 at 12:55 AM. Reason: missed word
Old 02-04-2011, 11:24 AM

Lets see, my first car 83 cutlass supreme had the fuel pump door mod lol one of the motor mounts was gone so they chained the engine to the frame, wiper wiring was ****ed, and at the last the torque converter bolts backed off she let an awful bang go while i was doin brake burns.

My 83 s10 lol it was so rotten the drivers side door hooked some snow and nearly ripped off so i welded it on and did things duke boys style.

My skyline, somewheres between japan,montreal, and my house it got alot of paint chips so someone covered them with whiteout (yes ****ing whiteout!) i was in alberta when i bought the car so it wasnt until about a month later when i got home i noticed it.

I had a 95 delta 88 that i used bondo to patch a hole in the rad, i knew the guy i sold it to wouldnt have it long anyways, it worked!
Old 02-06-2011, 01:03 PM

hello,

all summer on my 79 i was too lazy to put the hood hinges on so i would have whoever was with me help lift my hood off.

zipties hold the radiator from falling back onto the fan,

had a power valve blow out on my holley used two ziplock bags and 2 zip ties to seal the boosters and drive home,

my 79 has the gm factory log to keep trunk open

two diffrent sets of wheels,

vice clamp on door handle crank,

missing whole toe board behind driver seat have two floor mats as a floor panel,

on my 98 firebird,

made a CAI out of ABS piping

think thats about it. glad to meet everyone here on third gen im on other forums but just got an 83 Z28 im putting back together, have a good day everyone.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:03 PM

Car: '88 Black GTA, T-tops, digital dash
Engine: 5.7 TPI w/custom chip
Axle/Gears: 9 bolt 327 posi

Originally Posted by brownstone101
hello,

all summer on my 79 i was too lazy to put the hood hinges on so i would have whoever was with me help lift my hood off.

zipties hold the radiator from falling back onto the fan,

had a power valve blow out on my holley used two ziplock bags and 2 zip ties to seal the boosters and drive home,

my 79 has the gm factory log to keep trunk open

two diffrent sets of wheels,

vice clamp on door handle crank,

missing whole toe board behind driver seat have two floor mats as a floor panel,

on my 98 firebird,

made a CAI out of ABS piping

think thats about it. glad to meet everyone here on third gen im on other forums but just got an 83 Z28 im putting back together, have a good day everyone.
lol, welcome to TGO, interesting way to start ha?
Old 02-06-2011, 02:24 PM

thanks bud, im all over the other forums but this is great for info on my 83, like fbodyonline and camaroforums and stuff but never needed to join this till the other day, lets just say the CFI i have is going bye bye due to missing discontinued parts, but i will be making a new deck lid for it to run duel 450cfm 2bbls
Old 02-07-2011, 09:21 PM

Car: 1991 RS Camaro
Engine: 400 Smallblock

I found this Camaro with 26" wheels on youtube. I must say that the guy knew that he would get negative responses because he disabled the comments. Tell us what YOU think. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqAIJLMhzsQ&feature=related

Here's that same car with comments enabled in case you guys have something to tell him...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqAIJ...eature=related
Old 02-07-2011, 09:27 PM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 1991 Z28 convertible built 3/1/1990
Engine: Cammed 6.0L LSX
Axle/Gears: custom Ford 8.8", 4.10 gears

I'm proud to say that I managed to make it through my teenage years without destroying my car and making it ghettofabulous. It was my first car, and looking back I know I did some stupid things with it in regards to the way I drove, but I never did do anything to it that was trashy/hoosier/ghetto/etc. I'm only the second owner, and she was still a cream puff when I got it with 32,000 miles.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:44 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by joepackersrock
Here's that same car with comments enabled in case you guys have something to tell him...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqAIJ...eature=related
I found that link a few minutes after I posted here on the board. Trust me, I left a few comments .
Old 02-09-2011, 05:03 PM

Car: 1987 GTA
Engine: 5.7L TPI350
Transmission: 700r4

on my gta the PO decided to put in an aftermarket cd player. well instead of buying the 8 dollar plug for dummies to hook it right up, he cut the factory wiring harness out to hardwire it in. since the genius thought he was good with wires how come he had to run a wire to the fuse box for the constant power. i mean, if the original radio kept memory then there was no need to run another wire. so i went to the junkyard got new factory plugs and redid it with the adapter plug and what do u know, his wire sits there with no purpose. 2 be removed. if u cant use a test light dont hardwire your radio
Old 02-09-2011, 05:43 PM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT
Engine: 2.7L V6
Transmission: 6-speed
Axle/Gears: 4.41

Originally Posted by 87gtaTPI350
on my gta the PO decided to put in an aftermarket cd player. well instead of buying the 8 dollar plug for dummies to hook it right up, he cut the factory wiring harness out to hardwire it in. since the genius thought he was good with wires how come he had to run a wire to the fuse box for the constant power. i mean, if the original radio kept memory then there was no need to run another wire. so i went to the junkyard got new factory plugs and redid it with the adapter plug and what do u know, his wire sits there with no purpose. 2 be removed. if u cant use a test light dont hardwire your radio
PO of mine did the same... One of the rear speakers (rear right, IIRC) shorted out and killed that particular channel in the stereo, so it got tossed (stock radio/tape player as well!). Hard wired in my Eclipse CD-3402 because I had no other choice at the time. Got broken into... Thieves took the stereo, breaking the plastic housing and busting the REM wire right out of the 3402's connector plug. Funny thing is that they didn't push the hatch release button and take my sub and amp out of the back!
Old 02-09-2011, 06:03 PM

Car: 87 Camaro
Engine: 305

Did you just say trashy/hoosier? Wtf is that supposed to mean?
Old 02-09-2011, 06:29 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 1986 camaro Sports Coupe
Engine: L31 350
Transmission: 89 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.42 gov lock

Originally Posted by Awesome-X
Did you just say trashy/hoosier? Wtf is that supposed to mean?
no one said that x?
Old 02-09-2011, 07:51 PM

Car: 87 Camaro
Engine: 305

BlueZee28 did. Just wondering what he means.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:12 PM

Car: 1991 Camaro Convertible
Engine: Hellifi-no special

I just picked up a 91 convertible... gah I don't even know where to start. Everything is a hack job. I've never seen so many things unplugged, disconnected and capped off in my life. everything from the cooling system, cruise control, headlights, even the stereo. Everyday I find more fun little things. Like the homemade wiring for the window motor on the driver side... "It doesn't always work man I'm not sure what the problem is.." I'll tell you what the problem is grumble grumble...
Anyways I'm stoked to be here and I know this site is going to be invaluable to me

EDIT:
Actually this is sad. As I read more and more different peoples hack jobs, I keep seeing ones that apply to me too!
The different seats, with bolt patterns that don't line up. The seats he put in even had built in seat belt latches, so I have two places to click my seat belt when I put it on.
Of course the stereo wiring harness is deleted, and I swear some of what is actually there is homemade.
And yes, the broom handle hood prop rod. This cheap bastard kept the broom handle too. I know the shocks are shot that hold the trunk open too... Not that it matters cause he didn't show me the trick with the screwdriver how to stick it through the hole to pop open the trunk...
And of course I have to plug the radiator fan into the battery every time I drive... And unplug it when I park. Which brings me to the cardboard fan cowl...
And the weird black thing that I can't figure out wtf it is but it's obviously been bypassed... and dumps exhaust out into the engine bay...

Last edited by Mark_Hardware; 02-13-2011 at 04:29 PM.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:21 PM

Car: 1989 Camaro IROC-Z
Transmission: T-5
Axle/Gears: 3.08 G80

dont get me started about the hacked in stereo, please!
Old 02-13-2011, 09:38 PM

Car: 1985 Firebird S/E
Engine: SBC 350, mild cam Vortec heads
Transmission: Rebuilt 700R4 vette servo+shift kit
Axle/Gears: 3.73

When i bought my 87 camaro i found the shift cable at the trans was held in place by a Zip tie lol because the dumb **** that did the trans work before lost the clip for it
Old 02-13-2011, 10:02 PM

Car: 85' Trans Am !best car ever!
Engine: 305tpi 215hp LB9 two bolt,
Transmission: th-700r4
Axle/Gears: stock (3.27)

More ghetto 3rd Gens......

dude im totally going to get another TA and lift it, that **** is rad
Old 02-13-2011, 10:07 PM

@valicswarrior well i see where the dude was coming from, at the time there was a clip now the replacement cables are like a plastic molded clip (TABS), when i had shifting probs i replaced to the new shift bracket that was made to solve old problems, it does away with the old bracket now theres a new bracket.. i wouldnt blame the dude... if you check my older posts, i did a whole thread including pictures... peace
Old 02-13-2011, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by valicswarrior
When i bought my 87 camaro i found the shift cable at the trans was held in place by a Zip tie lol because the dumb **** that did the trans work before lost the clip for it
https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/tran...-confused.html THATS THE LINK/THREAD
Old 02-13-2011, 10:18 PM

THE OLD TRANNY BRACKET REQUIRED A CLIP THE NEW BRACKET IS SOLID... PEACE ITS NOT THE DUDE FAULT, ITS AN ENGINEERING GM FAULT.. I WENT TO THE DEALERSHIP ORDERED A UPGRADE TRANNY BRACKET.. NOW IF YOU REPLACED THE ZIP TIE WITH A CLIP, THAT GHETTO.. SAME THING GOES FOR THE SEATBELTS.. GM DID RECALLS LEFT AND RIGHT ON 3RD GENS, REAR BRAKES, SEATBELTS, ETC, THE LITTLE CRAP THEY DIDNT CARE ABOUT. HENCE THE TRANNY BRACKET PEACE
Old 02-13-2011, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by transam85dudeman
THE OLD TRANNY BRACKET REQUIRED A CLIP THE NEW BRACKET IS SOLID... PEACE ITS NOT THE DUDE FAULT, ITS AN ENGINEERING GM FAULT.. I WENT TO THE DEALERSHIP ORDERED A UPGRADE TRANNY BRACKET.. NOW IF YOU REPLACED THE ZIP TIE WITH A CLIP, THAT GHETTO.. SAME THING GOES FOR THE SEATBELTS.. GM DID RECALLS LEFT AND RIGHT ON 3RD GENS, REAR BRAKES, SEATBELTS, ETC, THE LITTLE CRAP THEY DIDNT CARE ABOUT. HENCE THE TRANNY BRACKET PEACE
HOW IS IT NOT THE GUYS FAULT THAT WHEN HE PUT IN THE SHIFT KIT OR W.E HE DID HE LOST THE CLIP AND USED A ZIP TIE INSTEAD OF GETTING ANOTHER CLIP THATS LAZY IMO I GOT A CLIP AND PUT IT BACK THE WAY ITS SHOULD BE KIND BAD WHEN YOU SHIFT AND YOUR CABLE JUMPS AROUND
Old 02-14-2011, 07:32 AM

HOW IS IT NOT THE GUYS FAULT THAT WHEN HE PUT IN THE SHIFT KIT OR W.E HE DID HE LOST THE CLIP AND USED A ZIP TIE INSTEAD OF GETTING ANOTHER CLIP THATS LAZY IMO I GOT A CLIP AND PUT IT BACK THE WAY ITS SHOULD BE KIND BAD WHEN YOU SHIFT AND YOUR CABLE JUMPS AROUND
those are hard to find
Old 02-14-2011, 07:35 AM

well it took me all of 30 mins to drive to the trans shop in the next town over asked the guy about the clip and he said hey heres 2 dont bother driving to the dealer
Old 02-14-2011, 07:09 PM

let me start by saying i only paid 600 for my 89 rs. first the clutch felt like it was slipping, worn clutch plate right? wrong, when i went to pull the bell housing off i realized only the two bolts on the bottom were tight. most were barely snug, and three of the top ones i took out with my fingers. YAY new flywheel.

shortly after that i found the rear freeze plug had been replaced with a bolt in rubber thing. the actual metal freeze plug was only 45 cents.

only one of the parking brake cables were hooked up.

the torque arm was bolted directly to the transmission, and the bushing and bracket were still there.

and of course the radio harness was cut so close that i had to pull the entire console out to wire in a replacement. thankfully i had one of those laying around.

i think sometimes you should be allowed to go to some peoples house and take their toolbox.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:24 PM

Car: 88 and 02 Camaro's
Engine: L96 (LS) and LS-1
Transmission: auto, 6 speed
Axle/Gears: 3.42 gears for both

I put those chrome wheel well things on my 88 Camaro. I dont have pics but now I have to replace at least one of my quarter panels because when i took them back off i didnt repaint/close the holes.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:20 PM

Car: 88 camaro rs
Engine: stock 2.8L V6
Transmission: stock
Axle/Gears: stock

ok i finally found the most ghetto thing on my maro. lol not that it is an achievment of mine.1st things first i have a berlinetta camaro bumper on my 88 rs maro. i was fixing a the turn signal on the pass side (lens was broken out). so im fixing and i notice that its mounted with 1 screw on bottom bracket, WHY is it like that. i guess the 88 maro doesnt have right mounting for berlinetta turn signals. i get it rigged to work for time being. i go over to driver side to see how they mounted it on there. turns out is mounted to a piece of shelf thats attached to car with zip ties.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:43 AM

Car: 1991 Chevy Camaro
Engine: Chevy 305 bored .30 over

more hillbilly than ghetto but a close hanger inside the rear hatch motor to keep the rear hatch closed. i guess a bungey cord wasnt an option for that person who did it.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:58 AM
Supreme Member

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Car: 67 ******mobile
Engine: 385 Solid roller
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 4.11

Nothing

I dont do ghetto repairs, ever period. If Im broke Ill just wait and save

Only 1 way to do things and thats the right way.

Now the car I play with now had a few hackjob repairs when I got it. one of them being a brake line hand bent clamped to the firewall held together with rubber hose and clamps some scary wiring repairs; more bondo and hammering than Ive ever seen. Bent frame, fenders spaced out witha million washers. Ive seen cars stripped down in body shops with newspaper under bondo, lots of scary stuff out there.

Last edited by cuisinartvette; 03-10-2011 at 10:01 AM.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:18 PM

Car: 1989 Pontiac Firebird
Engine: 2.8L

Well mine had a few when I got it. It wasn’t the previous owner, but the owners before him that messed everything up.
First the radio wires were all spliced and another radio was hard wired in. Then the guy decided to wire up the speakers with his own wires… And cut all the original wires. So since I wanted a CD player and mp3 hook up I got a new radio and put the wires back to how they should be, and then bought an adapter for the new radio. Also fixed the original speaker wires and got rid of the hack job ones. Here is the factory speaker wires just cut and left in the driver’s side kick panel:

Name:  DSC04951.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  119.0 KB

Next is the rear hatch latch, it was screwed down so it no longer works the way it was intended to. But since the hatch closes and locks, I’m leaving it how it is for now. In the same spot the center brake light was wired up with telephone wire and the small dome light also. He must have run out of electrical tape so used duck tape. Here are a few pictures:

Name:  DSC04937-1.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  152.4 KB
Name:  DSC04934.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  231.1 KB
Name:  DSC07690.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  170.4 KB

Next is the most stupid thing I think I have ever seen in this car… The speedo needle must have fallen off or something at one time or another, so instead of unscrewing the 6 screws? To remove the clear plastic cover he decided to CUT the plastic so he can remove a section just over the speedo. Seriously? He had to be THAT lazy? I bet it took more time cutting the damn plastic then it would have to just unscrew it. Check it out:

Name:  DSC04943.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  79.0 KB

And it wasn’t even accurate lmfao. I have now made the switch to a speedo in KM’s. That actually tells me the speed I’m moving at haha.

-Derick
Old 03-10-2011, 02:38 PM

mass-fail---^

Quick Reply: What is the most ghetto thing you've found done to your car?