Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Can window triangles adjust the window?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 05:25 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can window triangles adjust the window?

I recently replaced the hinges on my ttop firebird. Now, unless I adjust the t-top to be a little loose the window will hit the t top plastic by the weatherstripping. It won't shut perfectly either unless I push on the window, have the other door open, or roll the window down then roll it back up. The window won't tuck behind the weather stripping. I need just a little adjustment or maybe a new window triangle?

What am I asking is can the window triangle adjust the window so that it pushes more inward? Or do I need to go find a different window triangle or make other adjustments?

Just wondering if I should take off the door panel or head to the junkyard on my next free day.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1988 Camaro
Engine: 385
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 9 bolt
Re: Can window triangles adjust the window?

There is in and out adjustment on that triangle and it does affect the placement of the window IIRC. Before changing parts I'd try adjusting the window stops down a little. They may have pushed up or been adjusted when the door was dropping with the worn hinges. There's also a sticky on window rattles and such that you may want to check out as the window may be loose and "flopping" out when you shut the door. There's a procedure for adjusting windows from GM that has been posted in here before. Let us know if you can't find it, I've got it in my GM manual.