Brakes Looking to upgrade or get the most out of what you have stock? All brake discussions go here!

Brake line assistance on new setup.

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 07:39 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 85 Z28
Engine: GMPP 350 HSR
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 4th gen 3.42 Posi LS1
Brake line assistance on new setup.

I'm mocking up my brake line setup before I sand and paint my engine bay. Ill post pics to help decribe what I'm doing. I'm using a Wilwood MC and pro valve and a Hurst line loc. Im gonna mount the line lock on the fender well. So I'm in need of what and where I can get new stainless lines? Can I use pre-bent lines to fit what I'm running or am I better off just buying lines and bending them myself? I have a bender and flare tool. If i need to make them myself what fittings do I need for the brake side on the front and the rear T-block?
Attached Thumbnails Brake line assistance on new setup.-photo-jul-30-4   Brake line assistance on new setup.-photo-jul-30-4   Brake line assistance on new setup.-photo-jul-30-4  
Old 08-01-2018, 09:41 AM
Supreme Member

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Car: Building LS3, T56 Z28
Engine: LS3
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: Moser/ 4.11
Re: Brake line assistance on new setup.

How do you have your own flare and bending tools and asking these questions?

Seems like you would know where to find this info if you already have those tools...

Stainless line can be bought at many places. I would go with In Line Tube.

You will for sure not find pre-bent lines for your very custom setup. You will have to buy line, bend, cut and flare yourself. Stainless is a pain to flare and create a good leak proof seal. Not impossible of course, but be prepared to redo some lines a couple times.

The fittings you need will be listed with the documentation you got from Willwood. If you no longer have this, give them a call. You will get 100% accurate answers in a few minutes. Might even be able to just call In Line Tube as they are sure to have dealt with that prop. valve/ T-block before. Then you can order the fittings and line all with one call.

Hope this helps and good luck with the build!
Old 08-01-2018, 03:27 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 85 Z28
Engine: GMPP 350 HSR
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 4th gen 3.42 Posi LS1
Re: Brake line assistance on new setup.

Originally Posted by dennisbernal91z
How do you have your own flare and bending tools and asking these questions? Because Ive never plumbed a full custom brake setup..

Seems like you would know where to find this info if you already have those tools... I have searched a bit but again never built a full brake setup only have done repairs

Stainless line can be bought at many places. I would go with In Line Tube. I have actually contacted them and they replied to me today thanks for the lead.

You will for sure not find pre-bent lines for your very custom setup. You will have to buy line, bend, cut and flare yourself. Stainless is a pain to flare and create a good leak proof seal. Not impossible of course, but be prepared to redo some lines a couple times. My first thought was buy the prebent setup cut the MC ends off rebend to where I need and add new correct size fittings. I do not believe that would work though. I also may not go with stainless cause of the difficulty in flaring. The stock lines lasted 30 years!!

The fittings you need will be listed with the documentation you got from Willwood. If you no longer have this, give them a call. You will get 100% accurate answers in a few minutes. Might even be able to just call In Line Tube as they are sure to have dealt with that prop. valve/ T-block before. Then you can order the fittings and line all with one call. Copy that.. The Wilwood stuff came with adapters and all the docs I have it all.

Hope this helps and good luck with the build! It does thanks for taking the time!!