Camaros for Sale Post your Camaro for Sale.

[ON] 1983 Z28 Best Offer! New 430hp\425lbs of torque V8...

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 11:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1982 Z28, 1983 Z28
Engine: 5.7L 530hp, 5.7L 430hp
Transmission: TH350, 700R4
Axle/Gears: Ford 9", 10 Bolt 3.23
1983 Z28 Best Offer! New 430hp\425lbs of torque V8...

Hello all,

the time has come for me to offer my 1983 Z28 for sale. I have enjoyed the car in the 6 years I have owned it, but the new family on the way calls for a new priority. I will be willing to keep the car stored until spring for the buyer if they would like. As far as myself and the previous owners know, the vehicle was not winter driven. (PICTURES BELOW) * Photos of interior are before the leather ecovered steering wheel was added. More photos available on request.

Vehicle location is Barrie, Ontario.

The car runs like new, had a new motor installed in June 2008 and I have only since put on about 9,000km breaking it in, I did not rollback the milage with the engine change, the car should read around 290,000km. The motor was purchased from the enginefactory.com as a turn key setup, and I will provide a link to the engine bought that is currently under the hood. The chasis is in great shape, and is solid.

The description below is as accurate and descript as I could think at the time. Any additional questions please feel free to ask. I have listed the cars faults as I feel this is something many sellers try to avoid, but I won't cover it up, the car still needs work.

I am looking for the best reasonable offer, so if you are interested and have one please drop me an e-mail or PM, and we can go from there. You may contact me through E-mail, serious parties only please. (SEE CONTACT DETAILS BELOW)

The vehicles condition is as follows:

EXTERIOR

The paintjob is from 2004, and the work was done as the result of a collision (I rearended someone, low speed). The chasis was inspected for warping and fixed, totally repainted, and parts replaced where needed. This is what started me on the whole rebuilding it thing. The paint itself has a few scratches and chips from general wear and tear.

A used (excellent condition) T-top center rail is provided.

The overall chasis is in good shape, has been undercoated in the past, no holes in floor panels.

The rear hatch has slightly sagged and needs to be re-adjusted.

The new hood is a Harwood 3" cowl, it still needs to be trimmed/refit/painted to match. The hood was changed as the engine sits a little high for the stock hood. The original fiberglass hood is included in the sale.

Hotchkiss square tube bolt and weld frame connectors have been added to stiffen the body.

The original wheels are included but they are suffering from being 25 years old, however they do shine up alright and all
centercaps are present with logos intact. The ROH wheels currently on the vehicle have curb wear and were used when I bought them, but once again they shine up well.

The current set of Federal tires is the best set of tires I have ever had, and they should be good for a lot more driving yet.

Window tint is old and needs to be replaced, several spots are peeling.

- Weatherstriping on the T-tops and rear hatch have been replaced as well as door exterior strips.
- Window corner strips need to be replaced as they finally started to fall apart this year, I have the new ones on hand.
- Door rubber is old and cracking but a new set will be provided with car ready to be installed. I am still having trouble with water leaking in the back hatch area, I do believe that can be fixed with the adjust of the rear hatch mentioned above. To be honest it only seems to do it when the weather is colder, and never while I am washing the vehicle or driving.

Emblem on nose is new, but proper type, emblems on rockers are the original.

INTERIOR

The interior is all original, and is featuring the contour style triple color seats with the Camaro writing on them. All the seats
are in good shape, however the driver seat shows wear seeing as it has had my fat butt in it for 6 years. A tear in the fabric on
the left hand pad on the driver seat is present. The headliner/sun visors/sail panels are in good order. The carpets and floor mats are original but faded and have standard wear for being 25 years old.

The dashpad is in great condition, not all faded or cracked from the sun.

Front panel in dash has cracked just beside the old ERS sound system logo.

Passenger side door top trim panel is warped and cracked. Both driver and passenger side replacments provided.

Steering wheel was bought refurbished and recovered, I can provide the original wheel if desired as well.

New ('07) Pioneer deck with MP3 and sat radio ready installed and in working order.

Console leather pad is in great shape with no cracks or fade.

MECHANICAL/ELECTRICAL

This is the link to the specific engine that was put into the car http://www.enginefactory.com/350_430hp.htm without the optional serprentine setup added. Like I said about 9000km on it. This company was great, and I am sure they would be willing to help you with any issues or questions you may have as well.

The automatic 700R4 transmission was rebuilt in ('05) and is functioning properly. Gear shift at 40 km/hr when accelerating slow is a little sticky, apparently due to a sticky modulator valve.

The rear end is stock (3.23:1) for the years Z28, but seems to be holding up fine to the new motor.

Shorty headers added in 2006 before engine swap and used on the new, with a new stock style exhaust, with a better flow and stainless tips. This exhaust was installed in summer 07. Due to the exhaust being installed a year earlier then the braces the exhaust rest against the brace on the right side making rest a little funny, it would benefit from being cut and moved over a half inch.

Shocks and struts have all been replaced within the last 4 years.

Power antenna does not work, and is disconnected but still in housing.

Power windows and hatch realease button function properly.

Rear window defrost does not function, but I never replaced it due to being a summer vehicle.

Since engine swap, the dash fan is not working, I pinched a vacum line when installing the engine, and I can't figure out where.

One of the bright headlamp bulbs needs to be replaced.

Air conditioner and heater work, although the air is not as cold as it once was.

All dash lights and interior lights are functioning.

Anyway I do believe that is everything I could think of in being straight up and honest about the vehicle. Once again offers and questions can be directed to nemesis_of_the_guy@hotmail.com with a subject line of 1983 Z28 SALE. You may also PM me here

ASKING PRICE: $9000.00 U.S., payable by cheque, money order, PAYPAL

Thanks for your time everyone,

Jon
Attached Thumbnails 1983 Z28 Best Offer! New 430hp5lbs of torque V8...-dsc_0001.jpg   1983 Z28 Best Offer! New 430hp5lbs of torque V8...-dsc_00071.jpg   1983 Z28 Best Offer! New 430hp5lbs of torque V8...-dsc_0009.jpg