Camaros for Sale Post your Camaro for Sale.

[VA] $600 RUST FREE ROLLER ABOUT TO BE SCRAPPED.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 02:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 91 Camaro RS
Engine: V6
Transmission: Auto, sadly
Axle/Gears: 4.10 POSI
$600 RUST FREE ROLLER ABOUT TO BE SCRAPPED.

Seriously guys... Someone has to want this car.

It was first posted over a year ago and I honestly cant believe it hasn't sold yet.

I'm asking $600 for a roller with absolutely no rust on the frame, a great interior, a $3,000 pro built 4.10 POSI that only has about 6k on it, and tons of new parts and upgrades.

Yes its real, No its not a scam, and its really as nice as the pictures make it look. PLEASE COME SEE FOR YOURSELF!

3 different people have said they want to buy it for $700+ and bailed for reasons unrelated to the car.

I really need the space right away, and I don't have any money to fix the thing or it would never be for sale.

I could part it out for $1500-$2000. Only reason I haven't is its too nice and I want someone to be able to enjoy it.

Please save this classic from the scrap yard and restore my faith in 3rd gen fans.

And no, I wont take $300. It's easily worth 3 times that in parts. I'm already taking a huge loss selling it for $600. Please dont waste my time and **** me off even more.

Lots more details.
https://charlottesville.craigslist.o...080165206.html

50 photos from less than a month ago.
http://s345.photobucket.com/user/Col...amaro%20roller

Last edited by ColmRey; 04-21-2017 at 01:52 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:36 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: $600 RUST FREE ROLLER ABOUT TO BE SCRAPPED.

How much for the yellow Solstice with the ghetto-fabulous body kit?
Old 04-20-2017, 10:02 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1,052 Likes on 748 Posts

I really think you overestimate the value. Let's see, doesn't run or drive, looks like it's a mix of parts from two cars, it's two entirely different colors, with a great BIGASS crease down the body line of the right rear 1/4, and it's a 6cyl. With over 200k on the odometer. Your price is too high. If you want that much you need the "right" buyer, and that's going to take some time. That's the F.
Old 04-21-2017, 01:34 PM

I've had people offer me more than I'm asking for the whole car for the axle alone.

The hood, fenders, bumpers, and doors are all in great shape, and could be sold off the car for another 4-600

The interior is great, the seats are easily worth another hundred.

The trans works perfectly.

And there is no rust anywhere other than surface rust on the roof.

$600 is not too much to ask for a car that I could part out for over $1500.
Case in point, If no one buys it that's what I'm going to do. It just seems a waste.

Also, like I said, three separate people have offered me $700+. One was from Michigan, ran a tech school, looked at the car in person and was going to drive all they way back and spend another 3-400 to tow it home. He changed his mind because, realistically it isnt worth $1100+

Another guy was coming to get it till his truck broke.

And the third guy still wants to buy it, but says he has to save up some more.

Your average roller with no rust, no upgrades and no transmission is worth 3-400.

So to say this isnt worth $600 is to say that a good auto transmission and a $3000 posi, together arent even worth $200.

Sounds to me like you're just another guy who wants me to give it away.
Old 04-21-2017, 01:39 PM

Also, you could put it back on the road for $800-1000 including new tires.

Literally all it needs is an engine.

You could have a road ready and reliable Camaro with a nice interior and a 4.10 posi for about $1500.

I had people flag me down on the street and offer me twice that for the car when it was running, even looking like it does.
Old 04-21-2017, 01:46 PM

You could also buy this car and get a Hood, Fenders, Doors, Bumpers, and seats off a z28 for your car, as well as an extra set of wheels, and a 4.10 posi built to take over 600 hp.

You cant get all that for $600 anywhere else.

Not to mention the airbag system is good and can cost thousands, the glass, the whole extra deck lid and a whole car.

Still think $600 is too much?

Last edited by ColmRey; 04-21-2017 at 01:49 PM.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:47 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by ColmRey
Still think $600 is too much?
Yep. If it's so easy and affordable to put an engine in it, and it'd be worth so much more with an engine, why don't you put an engine in it?

I'm really not trying to be hard on you, but you act like this is some insanely good deal, but it's a mixed up Frankenstein of a 91 RS and an 84 Z28. It's ugly in large part due to the mix and match of styles. And at the end of the day it's a base model 6cyl car that's been modified. You have zero collector value, zero "curb appeal". It's a project car or a parts car, and no one can even test the parts that are supposed to be so valuable, because the car can't be driven.

Good luck with selling it, but it sounds like it's worth more to you than it would realistically be worth to someone else. You wanted to know why no one wants it, and I just told you.

And just for the record, I don't want it either.
Old 04-22-2017, 01:36 AM

I cant put an engine in it because I don't have a garage, a hoist, or the $400 it costs to buy one from Halks.

But are you saying it wouldn't be easy or affordable to do that? If someone gave me $500 and use of a parking space I could drive it home the same day. There are videos of people doing swaps on these in a matter of hours. I just dont have the cash, and my driveway is a gravel hill. If you would struggle to do a simple bolt in engine sway, its definitely not the car for you. (unless you wanted it for parts) That's a given. But there are plenty of people who can swap an engine in these without any trouble, or at least... there used to be.

The exterior styling isnt mixed and matched at all. It is all z28 parts, It just needs the dent pulled and a paint job. I guess you could say the wheels dont match, But I've even got IROC wheels to go with it. Anyone who knows how to do body and paint work could have it looking sharp in a few days. It would honestly look half descent if i sprayed it even with the dent. It just has ugly paint. I'd rather buy a car with bad paint than a bad under body, but i guess it comes down to whether you want the car to drive or to show off.

It should be obvious that this isn't a car for collectors, its a car to be driven and enjoyed or to make an old boring third gen a lot more fun. Tbh, If you think a plastic american muscle car is a good show car, you have poor taste. The are and have always been about having fun on a budget.

So yes, Its a project car or a parts car. That's what I said.

And yes, you actually can check out an axle and see if its worn out or damaged, check the gear ratio, and even test the clutches for the POSI without it being on a driveable car. The transmission would be hard to test, but I have service records for it and its no different than buying any other used transmission.

Your argument is basically "it isnt worth $600 because it isnt shiny and you cant drive $2000 worth of parts"

Fair enough, I guess it isnt worth anything to people who just want to buy something they can show off, But I already knew that.

My question is what happened to the people who actually drive their cars and break them and work on them? Because yes, it is a good deal. People buy stripped rollers with no interior or trans or upgrades at all for 4-500. I could turn it into one of those and sell it for $300 because of the body damage and still have over $1000 worth of parts to sell.

So why don't I? Because I actually care about the car and I would rather make less money so someone else can drive it and enjoy it than tear it apart for profit. The only reason why its for sale instead of stored away for when I can get to fixing it is because I dont have a place to store it.

But case in point, Plenty of other people agree that its a good deal. They've just had other things come up.

So I guess I answered my own question, People do actually want this car.

If you don't believe its worth $600, you haven't looked around at the other cars available for the same price. I promise none of them are rust free AND have a practically brand new street racing axle.

I'm asking less than it is actually worth to other people. If nothing else one of them will come get it. I just want someone to come get it soon before it actually does start to rust because I have to keep it outside now.

Thanks for you're input, but you just aren't thinking about it in the right way. Go look at some adds for Posi axles, used transmissions, wheels, and body panels, seats, and start adding it up.

If you you aren't interested In a project, that's fine. But if you actually did some research you would see it really is worth what im asking.

I'm not asking how much it's worth. I'm asking what happened to the people actually looking to fix these things up and drive them. You clearly aren't the guy to answer that for me.

PS: The first car you listed is a Fox body mustang.... On a third gen forum. That generation was literally so bad that even the mustang fans bought Camaros. You're just all sorts of not the kind of person this post was meant for.
Old 04-24-2017, 04:04 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Would you take $300 for it?
Old 04-24-2017, 10:37 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Pyroviking
Would you take $300 for it?
^^^ That's a very fair offer ^^^

Originally Posted by ColmRey
PS: The first car you listed is a Fox body mustang.... On a third gen forum. That generation was literally so bad that even the mustang fans bought Camaros. You're just all sorts of not the kind of person this post was meant for.
Really? You can tell all that about me by my winter beater? I'd offer to race you, my POS Rustang vs your Camaro but I see your Camaro doesn't run.

Name:  P8090006a.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  262.9 KB
Old 04-27-2017, 08:36 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1988 Camaro
Engine: 358 cu in
Transmission: t-5
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt Yukon posi 3.73

I'm curious about the "3k pro-built posi rear". Do you have any pictures or any documents showing that? Who was it built by?
Old 04-27-2017, 11:12 AM

Lol, I could sell the stock wheels and spare body panels I have for $300 and still have a whole car.

Yes the axle is real, no I don't have a receipt but it was build by a speed shop in PA. I would post pictures and say you are welcome to come look at it and test it yourself but someone is coming to buy the car this Sunday for the asking price.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:31 AM

Also Drew, you are the guy who tried to sell a beat up console for $75. and seat belts for $65...
So you think the whole rest of my car with a good interior, no rust, and a 4.10 Posi is worth $160?

Yeah right, no one is actually that clueless. At least, I hope not....
You are just a troll, and not even a good one.

So yeah, your 4 cylinder mustang is faster than a car with no engine, but that's about it. I could probably still beat it in my moms impreza, let alone on my GS750. Its an awful car and it looks like a VW jetta that got hooked on meth. What's your point?

And if its your winter beater, why is it sitting on the curb in nice weather and listed before your Camaros? Hmmmm...

My point is you actually paid money for that thing and you're apparently proud of yourself for it. So yes, I can tell from that alone that you aren't the sort of person who I would get along with. I'd rather have a broken camry in my driveway than that eyesore.

But hey, to each their own I guess. Someone is coming in a few days to give me the $600 I wanted for the roller and put a built V8 in it. He says he's been looking for an affordable chassis that can take that sort of power since he twisted the T-tops out of his last car. He also agrees this is a great deal even with the body damage.

And I mean, he's going to have a shiny 500hp+ third gen that would tear the face off your ugly rustang for under $2500. If you really think that is a bad deal, you're on the wrong website buddy. Like I said before, just because you personally cant fix it doesn't mean it isn't worth money.

You are just the guy who would have sold it for $300 because you dont know any better.
Cheers mate, good luck racing your 4 cylinder Rustang.

Last edited by ColmRey; 04-27-2017 at 12:02 PM.