Canadian Region Take off to the Great White North.

Anyone from Calgary Alberta

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 09:14 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx
Engine: Turbo KA24DE
Transmission: 5 spd
Axle/Gears: 4.08 VLSD
Yeah, s13 =

I dont know what you mean by home made carb, Evan? Uh, home rebuilt maybe? But even a junkyard carb is gonna cost 20 bucks or something...
Old 03-12-2007, 12:53 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1987 Z28
Engine: Tree Fiddy (modded)
Transmission: 700R4
Oh so you wanna bust out the scenic pictures i see. This was taken today, i thought it turned out pretty damn good. felt good to drive her out there. Just decided yesterday to go to canmore/banff with my lady friend left this morning and took this picture before we left.

Old 03-12-2007, 09:05 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 84 Z28
Engine: 357
Transmission: TH-350C
Axle/Gears: 3.43
Wow, looks like summer down there almost!

Still winter for us up here, snow up to your eyeballs!
Old 03-15-2007, 05:55 PM

Car: 88 Iroc Vert/ 1980 Z28
Engine: 305 TPI/ 350
Transmission: 700R4/ TH350
Axle/Gears: 2.73posi/ 3.08 Open
Anyone here use top gun coatings or have any word of mouth experience with them? I want to get my headers coated.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:18 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 89 WS6 TransAm
Engine: LQ408
Transmission: T56 Magnum
Axle/Gears: Strange S60, 4.10s
Originally Posted by WillSpeedy
Anyone here use top gun coatings or have any word of mouth experience with them? I want to get my headers coated.
I had a set done about 5 years ago for my truck. They still look great, for being 5 years old that is.

It will save you a few bucks for cleaning if they are brand new.

They will be doing my set for the TA as well.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:30 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Car: 1984 Z28 Hardtop
Engine: 383 Carb
Transmission: 4L60
Axle/Gears: 3.54 Dana 44
I've never heard a complaint about Top Gun, but a few years ago I had my headers done by Perfection Powder Coating in Edmonton. They were a little cheaper than Top Gun, and their turnaround time was much shorter.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:00 PM

That's good to hear. I am dead nuts inbetween edmonton and calgary so I was looking at both companies. But I go to calgary for work once a month. So I figured I would use Top Gun.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:05 PM
Supreme Member

Alright. That's it. My wife and I have decided that we're gonna start looking for another fbody. She insists it's a thirdgen, too. Do I have the best wife ever or what?
Old 03-16-2007, 11:16 PM

I know I am not in the right message board, but since this seems to be a local to Calgary discussion, I thought I'd ask here first if anyone is interested in an 86, T-roof, air,tilt,cruise, 6cyl Camaro. I have had it sitting in my garage for the last 3 years. I am 2nd owner and it's in pretty good shape.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by 305q_ta86
Alright. That's it. My wife and I have decided that we're gonna start looking for another fbody. She insists it's a thirdgen, too. Do I have the best wife ever or what?

Cool wife!
Old 03-25-2007, 12:37 PM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 1982 Trans-Am
Engine: 355 w/ ported 416s
Transmission: T10, hurst shifter
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt, true-trac, 3.73
Re: Anyone from Calgary Alberta

That is a cool wife! Then again, she's probably want to drive it though crazy thoughts... I'd only let a girl drive my car if I was bleeding so bad I couldn't stay awake, and in an area that an ambulance couldn't get to. And even then it's dicey...

WillSpeedy/Apeiron - what kind of price range are they asking for coating the headers? I'm curious what it costs?

Curtis - That car is flat out sexy. Blue with white racing strips is just awesome. That's what i'm going to do to my next car, the '83 Z-28.

Evan man, whatever is wrong with that carb can probably be fixed with a screwdriver. Don't settle for less than perfection!
Old 03-25-2007, 12:43 PM

You interested in an 86 Camaro I mentioned earlier? I want to get this out of my garage.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:03 PM
Supreme Member

Me ? Nope, no use for a V6 car whatsoever. I can't buy any more cars until I graduate and find my employment anyway.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:34 PM

Hey wmeier, what are you asking for it? Does it run and drive as is right now? What color? Is it completely stock?
Sonix - as for coating price I haven't called them yet. I need to cut off the air tube and weld it up. I need to get off my lazy azz.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:25 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1987 Z28
Engine: Tree Fiddy (modded)
Transmission: 700R4

Another one bites the dust

****.... I blew a head gasket, so I drop the oil, and fill a 15 liter oil pan right full.... something wrong here? wow... under my valve covers looks like cottage cheese. There is so much anti freeze/water in my oil... **** **** ****. This sucks. Im going to have to flush this thing like 20 times, and pray my bearings arent toast... or find another engine It makes me so mad...

Anyone got a spare 350 lying around for cheap Cause Im still saving money to build my big badazz engine. So i need something cheap.... thats if when I do the head gaskets it doesnt fix the problem.

So I pulled the intake and valve covers and thats as far as ive gotten.

Why why why.....

and before ryan or sonix ( i dont know your real name.. lol) before you guys ask... No the bottle had nothing to do with the blowing of the head gaskets haha...

Wish me luck.... im gonna do the gaskets, run oil system flush for 30 mintues, drain it, throw oil in it, run it for 30 mintues, drain it, put more new oil in it, run it for an hour, drain it. Fill it again, drive it for 2 days, drain it. Put more oil in it, run it for a week, drain it. Then wait 2 weeks, and drain it, and then maybe i will be back on track.... haha.. I hope it works....

Later dudes...

Last edited by 83_Camaro_83; 03-27-2007 at 12:29 AM.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:09 PM
Supreme Member

Jay, if I have snail power next time I have the s13 in town, I'll give ya a run for your money.. If I'm still NA... You have to race in reverse. LOL
I figured this might have tipped you off It's Jay, not Jason, not Jacob, just Jay. "J" for short.

hahahahaha! That sucks !
Run some diesel fuel in with your oil. 50/50, it's an awesome cleaner. let it idle until it warms up, then rev it a bit, take it around the block, dump it out and put in some new oil. Stick with the CHEEEPEST walmart oil you can find for that

What's on that motor you have now? I thought it has some slick performance parts?
Enjoy working in the snow, mwahahaha!
Old 03-27-2007, 12:59 PM
Supreme Member

Curtis - rough luck man. How do you manage to pop so many motors anyway? You know they dont rev to 8 grand like my 4banger, right? :P

So diesel fuel in with the oil, eh? That sounds sketchy. I used some of that hot engine flush stuff a while ago on the 240.. It seems to have helped a fair bit to clean it out. But diesel fuel? Hmm I dunno..

Oh hey Jay, wtf is a choke pulloff? It's been too long since I rebuilt the qjet and I have forgotten the names of a lot of the components. Apparently my mom took the t/a to the local 'shop' and they charged her $60 to replace the choke pulloff because it was leaking gas. Now, I'm thinking my mom's been had. Considering a rebuild kit is $40 and I dont think there is anything on the choke that could leak GAS.. I wonder if she asked what it was, if thye would have said "oh, it helps charge the flux capacitor" or something..
Old 03-27-2007, 01:12 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Car: 1979 Malibu
Engine: Blown LSx
Transmission: T56 Magnum
Axle/Gears: 9"/wavetrac/35's/3.70

Originally Posted by 83_Camaro_83
Another one bites the dust

****.... I blew a head gasket, so I drop the oil, and fill a 15 liter oil pan right full.... something wrong here? wow... under my valve covers looks like cottage cheese. There is so much anti freeze/water in my oil... **** **** ****. This sucks. Im going to have to flush this thing like 20 times, and pray my bearings arent toast... or find another engine It makes me so mad...

Anyone got a spare 350 lying around for cheap Cause Im still saving money to build my big badazz engine. So i need something cheap.... thats if when I do the head gaskets it doesnt fix the problem.

So I pulled the intake and valve covers and thats as far as ive gotten.

Why why why.....

and before ryan or sonix ( i dont know your real name.. lol) before you guys ask... No the bottle had nothing to do with the blowing of the head gaskets haha...

Wish me luck.... im gonna do the gaskets, run oil system flush for 30 mintues, drain it, throw oil in it, run it for 30 mintues, drain it, put more new oil in it, run it for an hour, drain it. Fill it again, drive it for 2 days, drain it. Put more oil in it, run it for a week, drain it. Then wait 2 weeks, and drain it, and then maybe i will be back on track.... haha.. I hope it works....

Later dudes...
pull your bearing caps just to take a look, id say theres probaly like a 90% chancve you killed em
Old 03-28-2007, 12:05 AM

If you need a cheap engine the "bargain finder" is your friend.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by WillSpeedy
Hey wmeier, what are you asking for it? Does it run and drive as is right now? What color? Is it completely stock?
Sonix - as for coating price I haven't called them yet. I need to cut off the air tube and weld it up. I need to get off my lazy azz.
The battery won't hold a charge. I can boost it or temporarily swap a battery in if you want to see it drive. It is burgundy I would say. Completely stock (I think I have the original bill of sale). It is a tired camaro. My plans were for a V8, suspension work to tighten it up, and what I would call minor body work. There was rust around the posts on the hatch where the wing (or whatever you call it) met the hatch. I tested my body repair skills and ground it down and smoothed it out and painted it with spray cans, with a couple coats of clear. I had the cans mixed at an auto paint supplier but they did not match codes perfectly. I would suspect you would want to redo that. I also dabbled with repairing rust around the wheel wells that you will probably want to redo. Not painted, just primed. Not major. I have a cheap camera and could take a couple pics for you if you like. Or if you are near Cochrane, you are welcome to come have a look. I really don't know what I should be selling it for, but the bottom line is, I have come to the realization that I will not have the time or spare money to do to it what I want, so I want to get it out of the garage. Take a look at it and make me an offer. I don't want a lot of money($1000). The wing and Camaro wheel centers are not on in the pictures, but I have them.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone from Calgary Alberta-pict0001.jpg   Anyone from Calgary Alberta-pict0002.jpg   Anyone from Calgary Alberta-pict0003.jpg  

Last edited by wmeier; 03-29-2007 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Adding some coments
Old 03-29-2007, 12:57 PM
Supreme Member

yea, diesel. Check and see what's in most of that motor flush, betcha'd be surprised.
It's a good cleaner/lubricant, you can use it as parts washer fluid, or a lube while you hone your bores, etc etc etc.

Your MOM took the TA to a shop somewhere? Your brother didn't? Geez, I work for friggen WHISKY for gods sake!

Choke pulloff - yea, that's the vacuum can on the front passenger side of the carb. It's exposed to vacuum, so it'd be tricky for it to leak GAS. It'd leak vacuum and make it run a little funny. The secondaries would kick in too fast and it'd bog, it'd also have a TINY vacuum leak. It might effect the cold idle mixture giving a weird (bad) cold start.

I thought Napa has those for $30 or so, but with mark up I can see $60 being fair . I nabbed one from the jy to replace my leaking one a while ago. Then I drilled it to pull-off faster so I can get on the secondaries a bit quicker. 3/4s vs the normal 3 seconds or so.
Hope she didn't have to pay much more than the $60 for the part, but i'm guessing 1hr to figure it out, plus shop fees, plus the feminine fees plus......
Old 03-29-2007, 09:27 PM

I took my headers to top gun today. He said about 165$. Probably 2 weeks.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:19 PM
Supreme Member

Yeah, my mom took it in because my brother was in school or something, I dont know. I guess the pulloff could have been leaking, afterall the whole reason she took it in was because it wouldn't idle when it was really cold, but as for the secondaries coming on too soon.. I dunno, I spent a LOT of time fine tuning that..

In any case, it apparently didn't fix the matter completely. Now they want the car back overnight so they can adjust the choke with the engine cold. Fair enough...

Oh, funny side note: the mechanic she took it to has an 86 IROC. So my mom was asking what he thought of the car and he said "it's in good shape, but it's had a hard life. Sokmeone's had it to the track." My mom asked why he said that and he told her about the rear tire bleach sprayer system I rigged up for a smoke show at my grade 12 grad!

Seriously though, I'd rather have you working on that thing any day. I never thought to ask though, I had figured you were too busy, etc. But if they don't fix it this time, I'll tell my mom to shoot some booze your way and maybe you can have a quick boo at it. (I still feel like a ****ing idiot RE: the beer )
Old 04-07-2007, 03:26 AM
Supreme Member

hahah, nah, I think it's a safe bet to offer somone budweiser to work on a Trans-AM, 'specially when he owns a black TA. I'm the freak who prefers whisky, that's all.

Yea, it's a lot easier to tune a choke when you can have the engine cold. It'd be sad if they couldn't figure it out, especially if the guy owns the same year car! (unless he promptly put on a holley).

Hahahahaha, that's classic, he found your bleach sprayer. That's a sweet setup though, I never had the follow through to rig up a permanent setup for that type of thing.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:25 AM
Supreme Member

Well I actually came home last weekend. Was nice to be back. Way too busy though. Didnt get everything done. I played a bit with the carb.. The choke looked pretty good, but if you fire it up and let it run for a couple minutes, then kick it off of high idle, it'll drop down to like 400 rpm and die. I raised the idle speed a tiny little bit and backed off the idle mixture screws a half turn, seemed to help. Dunno what else to do really. It also seems to be kind of jerky when it's cold. As you accelerate it feels like it's starving for fuel. I told him to run some carb/fuel injector cleaner through it in case the power piston is gummed up or something.

Hehe, yeah, I laughed for a LONG time when my mom told me he found that bleach sprayer. Same week I did it in grade 12, a buddy did it on his Beretta. But his was ziptied to the cross bars in front of the radiator and the power wire ran from a switch inside, out the door, across the a pillar and then under the hood, just like his amp power wire.

Oh, and the mechanic owns an 86 IROC.. So that means LB9 does it not?
Old 04-12-2007, 03:13 AM
Supreme Member

the TPI LB9 is über rare in '86. Like 480 made or something. It'd be an LG4 or TBI I think. God only knows whats in it now though...

When it's totally warm, it runs just fine though? Not with the 400RPM idle? If so, then it's one of the lower steps of the fast idle cam that's too low. Or you're able to kick it off fast idle too early. Raise the fast idle speed, or turn the choke "tighter", so that you can't kick it off of choke until the engine is warm enough to idle on it's own.

The *only* thing you want to be tuning to fix any cold issues should be the choke. (the 3 settings). Everything else (hot idle, mixture etc) you only want to tune based on problems when the car is at full operating temp, or else you'll just end up chasing your tail.

You done school now? Got the certificate and bragging rights?
I'm done all my exams on the 20th, so if your brother wants me to take a look at it I could after that.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:52 AM
Supreme Member

I only raised the idle by a half turn, and when we got back from out trip and it was completely warmed up, it was idling fine. And the reason I richened it a bit was because I had leaned it by the same ammount a while ago.. Following the old idea where you adjust it to pull max vacuum and then lean it a half turn for emissions..

The fast idle speed is about right, I think. Maybe he's just not waiting long enough, I don't know. It seems to me that I could get the thing to go just fine during the winter without leaving it idling that long though. We'll see where we're at in a couple weeks and yeah, maybe if you could take a quick boo at it...

As for me, I've got another year. Due to me failing a couple of courses and then just not taking many this semester, my 2 year course just went to 3 years.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:25 AM
Supreme Member

ouch! Well, as long as you don't tell any employers it took you an extra year, should be fine.

hmm, well you shouldn't be able to stall it even if you tried. He should be able to "try" to kick it off high idle, and the car shouldn't let him, unless it's warm enough to idle on it's own. That probably means the choke thermostat isn't turned to the "rich" side enough. (That whole "rich/lean" label on it is BS, it's TIME that you're adjusting...).
And yea, if you adjust the mixture to max vacuum when its hot, then you're ok. You adjust idle speed in gear right? (I think that's the idea with an auto...)
Alright, well i'll post back here after i'm done and see if you guys are still having a problem then.. (gotta get back to studying here...)
Old 04-13-2007, 12:03 PM
Supreme Member

Alright, sounds good. Good luck with everything.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:12 AM

Here are my headers coated from top gun. Nice and shiny.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone from Calgary Alberta-im000361.jpg  
Old 04-29-2007, 12:29 AM
Supreme Member

Hmm, awesome, I might have to look at those guys.

Hey Ryan! I totally forgot about you here. What's the deal with the TA? Does it still need some choke adjustments?

I'm trying to get my tranny back in, but I still don't have a job yet, so i've got a fair bit of free time. I just don't have any transportation to get anywhere until I get a buddy to come by and help me toss in the trans. Probably tommorow.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:56 AM
Supreme Member

hey no worries. How did exams go? Did you light it up?

Uh, no rush, no rush. I don't know how it's doing right now.. Havent talked to Evan about it in a while, but I don't think anything's changed. Evan?

Actually I doubt he'll see this. So I'll ask about it next time I talk to him, which should be tomorrow..

Oh, and I just bought a wideband oxygen sensor for the 240. Innovate LC-1. Don't you hate it when you buy a cool part but have to wait to play with it? It's killing me..
Old 04-30-2007, 01:58 PM
Supreme Member

M'eh, I think exams went alright. I think the profs went easy on us. It'll be a few more weeks before I find out.

I've got a job interview tommorow, i'm stoked, it's an oil service company in downtown. It'll be nice not having to rely on my car (groan!).

Alright, well assuming I can throw in the tranny tonight, I should be mobile by tommorow, just killing time working on my car waiting for my dream job to come to me. tick tick tick...
Yea, I don't get emails about posts in this thread, so it takes me a while to think "hey, I should check on that Calgary thread". I have no idea why I don't get emails about it, I resigned up for thread email confirmations about 3 times now...

Whoa, wideband? Wait, what for, I thought you didn't do any mods to that car? (err, yet?). Do you have the stuff to tune the ECM's fuel curve? ie, laptop and whatever funky cables and tuneable ECM? I'm green when it comes to tweaking ECM's, did you need to buy an aftermarket one?

oh yea, while waiting for my buddy to come by and help me put in the tranny, I went ahead and installed the line lock. hehehe, ahh that tranny isn't going to be in there for long
Old 04-30-2007, 03:41 PM
Supreme Member

Mmmm.. line lock. That's something I always wanted but never seemed to have the $80 for it when I remembered that I wanted it, hah.

Glad the exams went well.. I hope mine go ok too. I still have another freaking month of class before exams though.

Yeah, I'm starting to mod the 240sx. It's already a fairly quick car, and I've already done a few bolt ons.. But I have decided that damnit, I WILL have it turbocharged by the end of the summer.

There are many things out there to tune fuel and ignition and crap, I just need to decide which one I want, and then spend my tax return on it (lol). The one I'm liking right now it called Bikirom. It solders onto the ecu, pulls the binary code from the computer and then lets you change absolutely everything. Cranking RPMs, hi/low octane fuel/ign tables, rev limiter, everything. Then alls I need is a $200 laptop (which seems to be harder to find than I had thought - might have to use the wife's laptop for a while) and do my datalogging, tune, verify the air/fuel ratio with the wideband and I'm more or less good to go. It's gonna be fun, that's for sure. I'll post my progress here and the dyno sheet when it's all done. I'm still about $1000 away from finishing..

edit: Oh yeah. I'm also thinking about building a megasquirt ECU. Very easy to learn about it when I can just read about so many people using it on TGO in the power adder forum.

edit #2: ......You know you're making power when your T-10 is the weak link.

Last edited by 305q_ta86; 04-30-2007 at 03:46 PM.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:54 PM
Supreme Member

haha, I paid $30 USD for my Biondo line lock off summit. It's pretty slick with my T-handle shifter with a button on it. I wanted to get a pistol grip shifter with a button, but I misread the description...
building a megasquirt ECU? Holy cow that sounds hard... I guess all that adjustability at the touch of button is pretty cool though. As long as you don't max out injectors for mass airflow capability, you really don't have to get your hands dirty tuning it.

haha, yea, I don't think the T-10 had any damage, just the cheeseball factory clutch and maybe the shifter fork. Later this summer when I have some cash i'm going to invest in a premium centerforce DF clutch, and a hydraulic clutch. Well, along with finishing my fiberglass sub box, re-glueing my headliner, body work and painting the car, trip to the track etc etc...
Old 05-01-2007, 12:40 PM
Supreme Member

You're making a fiberglass sub box too? Pics! I'm almost done mine.. the hardest part was molding it to the contours of the inside of the trunk, but I think it'll look ok when done. I'd love to see yours though.

Damnit, why couldnt I have found a $30 line lock last year. Maybe I should buy one for the 240.

Ah, yeah, building A megasquirt is really hands on. If you completely do it from scratch it's supposed to be over ten hours of work. Or you can pay an extra hundred bucks or so to have it 90% premade. Then it's just the programming that would be a bitch, because you can't jsut pull the base file off the ECU like you can with the bikirom. Still though, both will act as turbo timers, boost controllers, drive extra fuel injectors/nitrous/alcohol/whatever.. Makes me miss the days of just tuning with some screwdrivers and a vacuum gauge pinned under the windshield wiper. Come to think of it, I still have that gauge. I could use it as a ghetto boost gauge if I run out of money.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:07 PM
Supreme Member

Oh man, even if I had a digital camera, I wouldn't show pictures of this... It turned out pretty bad. I hate fiberglass. I have a semi warped shell so far, i'm going to probably re-do the back side that goes where the rear well light switch is, then use fleece to make a top. Then my S15L7 will go in there, with a kicker 1200.1 to power it. It's gonna rock.

Well, I can't seem to get my line lock to work now actually... Damnit, that doesn't work, neither does my tranny. ^&*^(*, i'm batting a 0 here...
Old 05-01-2007, 04:40 PM
Supreme Member

Ah, yeah mine looks like crap too. It was really hard to lay the bottom and sides against the trunk panels to get a decent mold. All kinds of air bubbles and wrinkles and crap. The top turned out ok.. But I guess I have some advice if you haven't already heard this: The weight of the resin will cause the fleece to droop a fair bit, which will be fine except around the edges, I had to use some bondo to correct for that. Also, for the love of god don't do it when it's colder than about 20* C wherever you're doing this. I decided to chance it and it took days for the stuff to cure.

..And after just breaking part of it today, I have decided that instead of painting it body color, I'm just gonna sand it until it looks close enough, then carpet it. Major blow to the bling factor, but I've had just about enough of this project.

Oh and I just remembered, re: your comment about maxing out the MAF and such.. The solution to that is grab a maf off a 300zx turbo and use it. That or just ditch the maf all together and go to speed density.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:57 PM
Supreme Member

It's a long shot, but here goes:

I blew the posi in my car.
I'm in desperate need of a 26 spline 2 series posi. Or for that matter, 28 spline axles and a 28 spline posi
I can deal with a spacer in order to use a 3 series posi though I guess.

Anyone have one kicking around by chance?
Or should I drop by Ryans place at 3am and steal his?
Old 05-02-2007, 09:13 AM
Supreme Member

Aw, ****. I actually HAD a spare! Auburn 26 spline 2 series.. even with a 2.73 ring on it.... It's been sitting in my basement the longest time but I think my parents just threw it out while they were cleaning! I'll call today and ask. If it's still there, I'll get them to leave it on the deck or something and you can just come by whenever and pick it up.

(Oh and dont bother trying to steal the one in the t/a, it's a peg leg.)
Old 05-02-2007, 11:59 AM
Supreme Member

You have got to be kidding me. If your parents threw that out I WILL SNAP!!!
I'm desperate here, please do find out ASAP! I've got all my feelers out for a posi unit, but your house by far is the easiest way to get one!
Old 05-02-2007, 01:19 PM
Supreme Member

Both my parents are at work but I'll call this evening and ask. But remember it's an auburn so non rebuildable, small ammount of pitting on one of the spiders, but it should get the car moving just fine, til you save up some cash. I just wasnt using it cause it was a 2 series. Anyway I'll ask and if you want it, it's yours.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:21 PM
Supreme Member

Yea yea, that's perfectly fine. That'd at least put me right back where I was before the POS exploded.
Then I can worry about saving up some $$ to get a $400 Eaton rebuildable heavy duty one, or a 8.5" 10 bolt, and fab that up
Let me know as soon as you can.
Thanks very much.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:20 PM
Supreme Member

Alright, the hunt has begun. They told me they'd call me as soon as they find it/finish looking through all my parts and crap.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:52 PM
Supreme Member

No news is... bad news?
Old 05-04-2007, 12:06 AM
Supreme Member

Oh, yeah I asked about it while at school today because I hadn't heard anything.. and no, it wasn't there. Sorry man.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:38 AM
Supreme Member

Crap. Oh well, thanks for checking. I think I might snag an open one from the wreckers (or a posi, but small chance of me finding that...)
Old 05-04-2007, 09:16 AM
Supreme Member

Yeah, if I were you I'd take an open over a G80...
Old 05-09-2007, 08:10 PM
Supreme Member

So any luck Jay?

Uh, we discovered today that the trans am has 2 broken springs.. So if anyone has a pair of front springs to unload for a good deal, please let me know ASAP.

And how the hell does that happen anyway? The front end wasnt sagging down or anything, it handles just fine.. Don't recall ever driving over anything really bumpy..

Last edited by 305q_ta86; 05-09-2007 at 08:14 PM.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:28 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Car: 1984 Z28 Hardtop
Engine: 383 Carb
Transmission: 4L60
Axle/Gears: 3.54 Dana 44

I should have read you guys were doing fiberglass sooner. I might have let you have some of my carbon-kevlar.

Quick Reply: Anyone from Calgary Alberta