Car Audio Car audio related questions and helpful hints for building the best sound system for your car or getting the most out of what you have.

Looking for a stereo, need opinions

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 02:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 87 Iroc Z
Engine: 350 TPI
Looking for a stereo, need opinions

I have a tired and worn pioneer deck in the car already, but I'm in the market for another deck (something more new and less worn lol). I'm no audio guru at all, but that doesn't mean that I don't want my 87 iroc to sound bad on the inside.

So far, I quite enjoyed the past experience of the DEH-P5800MP deck from pioneer, and quite honestly, it sounds awesome (not to mention, it's pure simpleness on navigating through sound balance)! My question is, would this deck fit the car? If not, what are some other reccomentations that may fit a budget of around $160?

Old 12-23-2008, 07:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: GM
Engine: v8
Transmission: slushboxes
Axle/Gears: 3.23
Re: Looking for a stereo, need opinions

Get a head unit from Alpine. They truely are the best ones out there. I've been down the Pioneer route and the JVC route, but Alpine is awesome. And they take a beating, like two car accidents where both cars were totaled and when your dumb brother kicks it across the garage! Don't ask how I know this.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1992 Camaro RS
Engine: 350 Carb'd
Transmission: 5 Speed
Axle/Gears: 3.73

Originally Posted by Samurai_Of_Dawn
I have a tired and worn pioneer deck in the car already, but I'm in the market for another deck (something more new and less worn lol). I'm no audio guru at all, but that doesn't mean that I don't want my 87 iroc to sound bad on the inside.

So far, I quite enjoyed the past experience of the DEH-P5800MP deck from pioneer, and quite honestly, it sounds awesome (not to mention, it's pure simpleness on navigating through sound balance)! My question is, would this deck fit the car? If not, what are some other reccomentations that may fit a budget of around $160?

Kenwood is my brand of choice, I love them and wouldnt buy anything else. Here is a link to the deck I just purchased. It is my second Kenwood Cd player and this one has all the goodies. CD, MP3 with direct hook up, plays all writable cds and best of all it looks sexy! Its $149.99 and if you jump on it soon you can take advantage of the free shipping like I did!

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...+KDC-X692.html
Old 12-23-2008, 12:43 PM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 89 IROC
Engine: 305 TPI / ZZ4 cam
Transmission: Stage 2 700R4, LS1 driveshaft
Axle/Gears: Strange 3.42 w/ Auburn

Originally Posted by Samurai_Of_Dawn
The pioneer DEH-P5800MP will fit your camaro. You just need an adapter plate. Since you like Pioneer why not stay with them (why mess with a good thing).

Try www.woofersetc.com Have a look at the Pioneer Premier line (Premier's come with a two year warrenty). The one below includes and ipod and usb adapter!!
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...roduct_ID=6265

I've only ever run Pioneer in my cars and never had an issue.

Good luck.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1992 Camaro RS
Engine: 350 Carb'd
Transmission: 5 Speed
Axle/Gears: 3.73

Originally Posted by The Project
The pioneer DEH-P5800MP will fit your camaro. You just need an adapter plate. Since you like Pioneer why not stay with them (why mess with a good thing).

Try www.woofersetc.com Have a look at the Pioneer Premier line (Premier's come with a two year warrenty). The one below includes and ipod and usb adapter!!
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...roduct_ID=6265

I've only ever run Pioneer in my cars and never had an issue.

Good luck.
That premier head unit is pretty sick! I like that and for the price is a good deal as well! Go with what you like, brand, price, and look and either way you will be happy!