Cooling Discuss all of the aspects of cooling that you can think of! Radiators, transmissions, electric fans, etc.

Radiator coolant inlet fitting

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 08:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1995 Z28
Engine: 355 LT1
Transmission: T56
Radiator coolant inlet fitting

Searched for this and found no results. I am in the middle of a radiator swap on my 5.0 litre TBI equipped Firebird. All hoses except one connected just fine. The smallest rubber hose, leading from the coolant tank into the radiator, will not go onto or into the metal inlet. The inlet has a flanged end and the rubber hose will not go in or over it, even after I removed the band clamp from the end of the hose. I determined there is some kind of fitting which adapts the hose onto the fitting, however I didn't get one with the new radiator, just a plastic plug. Deos anyone know what this fitting is or if parts stores would have it or be able to tell me what it is? Have searched everywhere and checked my Haynes manual and come up empty on this one. Kind of pisses me of that such a small stupid piece is keeping me from finishing this install. The fan/fan shroud is already bolted back on and it's all finished except this one dumbass hose. Any answers appreciated! I would just pull the fitting off the old radiator but I no longer have it.