Cooling Discuss all of the aspects of cooling that you can think of! Radiators, transmissions, electric fans, etc.

quick question about engine temperature

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 04:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
quick question about engine temperature

hey guys i was just doing some reading n had a few questions, my 85 camaro has a aftermarket 350 in it with a 3 speed tranny. when i first got my car it had a over heating problem because the fans we'rent going on which seems to be common lol well my buddy gave me a electric fan thats 2700 cfm i installed it that once ignition is on the fan goes on. after i installed it the car never over heated just ran hot some times around 210 220. my uncle told me since my car doesnt have heat to take out my thremostat which i did n seem to help a little bit.

one lasst thing that i didnt like was the over flow take it was this plastic looking soda type bottle n whenever i filled my radiator to the top it would send the anit freeze into the over flow tank n it would just leak out lol until it got to a certain point on the radiator which is y i think my car was running hot. so i finally put a new oem overflow tank last month n the car has been running amazing ever since doesnt go above 200 unless i m on the parkway n its around 95 outside with 3 speed trany n 373 gears kinda suck lol it run like 210 maybe 220. but local drivin is really nice n when its not really hott it stays around 180 which i love. now question is when winter comes i wont be drivin it if theres salt or snow on the ground but when its nice i ll take it out but i m assuming the motor will be running really cool can this be a problem? it ll just take longer to warm up right