DFI and ECM Discuss all aspects of DFI (Digital Fuel Injection), ECMs (Electronic Control Module), scanners, and diagnostic equipment. Fine tune your Third Gen computer system for top performance.

question on getting rid of computer

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2003, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
question on getting rid of computer

i have a 92 camaro it was a 305 tbi motor now its got 350 carb motor. i was wondering about takin out the computer in this thing. will the lights and all still work im not familiar with how these things are wired up i figured id ask b4 tearing into it. ive got msd on it but its tied into the pink wire thats got 12v power all the time. i may have to find another source for it if i did away with the comp. right? i dont have the a/c or the heat or none of that i just need the lights, radio, wipers, gauges, power locks, power windows, and the thing to start. so can i yank out the computer and still have power to these things. if so is it gonna be that simple or will there be some rewiring involved. i am wanting another wiring harness for it i figured i could do this in the mean time if itll work. if not then can i just cut the a/c and the heat wires all out or is that **** tied into to somthing important. thanks