DFI and ECM Discuss all aspects of DFI (Digital Fuel Injection), ECMs (Electronic Control Module), scanners, and diagnostic equipment. Fine tune your Third Gen computer system for top performance.

Ebl flash shift light for 2-step rev limiter?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2018, 07:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ebl flash shift light for 2-step rev limiter?

I was wondering if some how i could use the ebl flash shift light output to possibly control a home made 2-step circuit? I was thinking it may be possible if the output was wired to a relay, or set of relays could possibly be wired to a monetary switch that when pressed, would allow the shift light output signal to be sent to a relay and cut the ignition coil signal to create a low-cost/diy 2 step system? If im way off on my thinking? let me know....just been toying around with the idea lately. Thanks guys!
Old 08-26-2018, 05:18 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 89 IROC
Engine: 6.8 HSR N2O
Transmission: TKO 600
Axle/Gears: 9" Moser 3.50 True trac
Re: Ebl flash shift light for 2-step rev limiter?

Originally Posted by 89377STROKER
I was wondering if some how i could use the ebl flash shift light output to possibly control a home made 2-step circuit? I was thinking it may be possible if the output was wired to a relay, or set of relays could possibly be wired to a monetary switch that when pressed, would allow the shift light output signal to be sent to a relay and cut the ignition coil signal to create a low-cost/diy 2 step system? If im way off on my thinking? let me know....just been toying around with the idea lately. Thanks guys!
There is a way to make a two step rev limiter with EBL system. Do a search here, Bob laid it all out. From what I remember it works with the KR system and uses a push button switch wired into the KR sensor with a resistor. I have a wiring schematic somewhere but couldn't find it just now. If you can't find the thread let me know.