DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

What does the "Max air flow vs RPM" table do for me?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2002, 07:42 PM
doc
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: '87 IROCZ
Engine: 395 ZZ4
Transmission: ProBuilt 700R4
Axle/Gears: 9 bolt 3.70s
What does the "Max air flow vs RPM" table do for me?

$32B ECM
Old 12-16-2002, 04:33 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it can limit fuel or act like a rev limiter. it can also allow for a wider array of air density. rule of thumb is 15% more air then actuall. ive hads issue with setting it much higher then actuall.im not totally sure of its function but i think its like a bpw constant opf sorts.
Old 12-16-2002, 08:13 PM

Received 215 Likes on 201 Posts
Car: check
Engine: check
Transmission: check
Re: What does the "Max air flow vs RPM" table do for me?

Originally posted by doc
$32B ECM
It is a limiter vs RPM. It limits the maximum amount of airflow as reported by the MAF. See this thread for more info:

https://www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/sho...&highlight=MAF

When you get some time do a search on this board using 'MAF' in the body and 'kvu' as a username. What happened to him anyway?

RBob.
Old 12-16-2002, 08:56 PM
Supreme Member

rbob thats some good stuff. i have some code snipets id like to send you if you dont mind. the bigger issue i have is with the table scallers first why do people mess with them ?? i leave them alone. the only time you should mess with them is if you need more fuel in a given load range and youve tapped the max value at 255. however i can see the idea of changing the scaller for the max airflow table.but if you BS the injector constant down from actuall with a lower reporting maf then you dont need to tweak the maf scallers. this was the whole idea behind $32b and that its a more felxiable code. also you dont want to change the lv8 calcs in this manner. if and i say if you chnaged to a courser reading maf then you might need to adjust the scallers and thats a big maybe. just understand that lv8 will be lowered by x % then review your data.

also your idea on outputing maf voltage into the aldl stream i like it but how would you do it ? would make tunning with a larger maf alot less of a chore. tell me what code snipets youd need and ill pack them up and email them over. unforutunately i cant send all the code. just understand that its not me just an agrement i have.
Old 12-17-2002, 11:49 AM

Received 215 Likes on 201 Posts
Car: check
Engine: check
Transmission: check
Originally posted by funstick
rbob thats some good stuff. i have some code snipets id like to send you if you dont mind. the bigger issue i have is with the table scallers first why do people mess with them ?? i leave them alone. the only time you should mess with them is if you need more fuel in a given load range and youve tapped the max value at 255. however i can see the idea of changing the scaller for the max airflow table.but if you BS the injector constant down from actuall with a lower reporting maf then you dont need to tweak the maf scallers. this was the whole idea behind $32b and that its a more felxiable code. also you dont want to change the lv8 calcs in this manner. if and i say if you chnaged to a courser reading maf then you might need to adjust the scallers and thats a big maybe. just understand that lv8 will be lowered by x % then review your data.

also your idea on outputing maf voltage into the aldl stream i like it but how would you do it ? would make tunning with a larger maf alot less of a chore. tell me what code snipets youd need and ill pack them up and email them over. unforutunately i cant send all the code. just understand that its not me just an agrement i have.
From looking at the code it seems that the MAF table scalar needs to at least match the highest gms/sec value for that table. Going lower then the highest gms/sec for that table would truncate that value (highest gms/sec). Going higher then the highest gms/sec value would reduce the resolution of that MAF table. So if you are recalibrating a MAF table the scalar term needs to be taken into account and possibly changed.

To place a value into the ALDL stream you need to change the ALDL address list. This is a list of the addresses of each value to be transmitted. By changing the INT output address to that of the MAF voltage the scan tool will now display the raw MAF volts in the INT output field.

I'm not sure of what I need which code snippets for.

RBob.
Old 12-17-2002, 01:31 PM
Supreme Member

i could send you the data stream info i have and if you needed something else i could dig it up for you. thats the best i can offer.
im still learning to read and write code so im in no way qualified to even begint o make this change. i have an idea of how to do it but im not sure if it will work.

as for the maf tables it would be smarter to simply undereport the injector constant then turn the grm/sec down rather then go up. kind of how you do with a 747 that doesnt have enough ve table. you bs one thing to get another.

Last edited by funstick; 12-17-2002 at 01:33 PM.