DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

How early can you bring in full timing at WOT?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 09:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1987 Corvette
Engine: Modified L98
Transmission: DN 4+3
Axle/Gears: 3.07
How early can you bring in full timing at WOT?

If you look at the 3rd set of graphs down from this EASE screenshot you'll see a huge dip in my green line which is timing relative to TDC (full timing with the 6* base added in basically).

The timing doesn't come into full until the car is at 4500 RPM at which point it takes off like a bat out of hell. Before that is complete bogg-ville resulting in absolutly horrible 60' times. Hell I can't even break the tires free in 1st gear from a roll.

http://personal.tmlp.com/scorp/vette.../scratch-5.gif

Anyways I know this is a relatively broad question, but I'd like to see some different opinions and/or experiences. Thanks!
Old 10-01-2003, 10:16 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engine: 2 mice and a cat
Ahh your full of it scorp. j/k

I bring mine in almost all at my TC stall. I would just keep working your way down till you have it where your getting best results.

WIth your stick it might bne a little tricker to determine, as I am not sure you could go by your RPM that you launch at, just adjusting the higher load, but you could try it.

For example if you launch at 3600 RPM, leave all the timing alone for WOT except the higher lv8 areas, and bring in the total timing by 3600RPM.

Follow?
Old 10-01-2003, 10:20 AM

Received 218 Likes on 204 Posts
Car: check
Engine: check
Transmission: check
Re: How early can you bring in full timing at WOT?

Originally posted by scorp508
If you look at the 3rd set of graphs down from this EASE screenshot you'll see a huge dip in my green line which is timing relative to TDC (full timing with the 6* base added in basically).

The timing doesn't come into full until the car is at 4500 RPM at which point it takes off like a bat out of hell. Before that is complete bogg-ville resulting in absolutly horrible 60' times. Hell I can't even break the tires free in 1st gear from a roll.

http://personal.tmlp.com/scorp/vette.../scratch-5.gif

Anyways I know this is a relatively broad question, but I'd like to see some different opinions and/or experiences. Thanks!
This is a trick question, isn't it?

Uh, don't lift when you shift? (See a trick answer for a trick question).

Ok, the timing is controlled by the ECMs timing tables, just put in what works. May also want to pull a little in the range that you are getting knock retard.

One mask that I am familar with has what is known as launch mode SA. Mash the go pedal from low speed (< 10 mph) and timing is added for a short period of time. It is all out by the 10 MPH point. This is in an auto and really spins up the convertor to stall speed.

The 4500 RPM takeoff may be due to other factors, AFR, intake system, cam, heads. . .

RBob.