DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

Surprised at 1F calibration

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2001, 11:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Surprised at 1F calibration

First off, I wasn't surprised that there is very little to change with it. I prepared myself for that one.

I was a little surprised however that I did not find anything similar to BPW. I have an '85 L98 with a different cam and some nice self-brewed headwork, and was planning to do a lot more to the engine than I have had a chance to do. I need to trim down my fuel supply beyond the realm of my pressure regulator. The BLM is bottomed out at 108 and, well, everything is just way out of wack because the 30 lb/hr injectors are a little too much right now.

Unless I am missing where the BPW section is, I assume I need to go straight to Injector pulse width Vs. Load value. It appears to be the only place to change this. Am I right or wrong? Thanks a bunch, -Matt-
Old 04-30-2001, 11:55 PM

Where did you get a definition for the 85? Are you using Winbin or Tunercat?
Old 05-01-2001, 09:57 AM

I am using TC. And I guess I should clarify my question a little bit. The '86 and ups show there being some kind of constant for fuel injectors. My take on it is that it is figured into a constant so the computer realizes it always has to make the changes. But I guess it is figured into a table. I was not sure--I figured there would have been more than one way to change this. i.e. there are some stock '85 vette bins on Z28 page where the awesome swaps from 870-165 take place. I think one mentioned something about being for 22 lb/hr injectors and the other for 24. I dunno anymore. -Matt-