DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

Relationship TCC OD

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 07:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Relationship TCC OD

I just switched from 32B to 6E and noticed that the car goes in to overdrive at a much lower speed now. When I compare the TCC lock and unlock tables I noticed that overall the values are higher in the 32B chip. Will this have any affect on overdrive? Can I just copy the original values (since they are for 2.73 gear and this APYM is for 2.77) or do I have to make other changes as well?

Last edited by guy72; 08-20-2007 at 08:26 AM.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:42 PM

Car: 86 Camaro Iroc-Z
Engine: 305ci TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Re: Relationship TCC OD

I went through a lot of problems related to the TCC settings with my car/PROM also..

1st of all, if you're trying to use a bin originally for a manual car in an auto car, I'd say jsut forget it. Even when I copied every TCC related table into the manual bin and set all flags and constants right, it jsut didnt handle the TCC corectly. now maybe it is possible, but IMO youll have a much easier time just starting with an auto tranny bin.

2nd, I think the most dramatic change will be form changing the constants/sclars called "Low speed limit for low gear lock to unlock/unlock to lock" and the "low speed limit for HIGH gear lock to unlock.unlock to lock". So 4 in total. not sure what the "high speed" ones do, but they are set at 255 and therefore i just ignored them. anyway, ive heard many people say that these speed points should be set higher to get the TCC control that most people will like.

As an example heres where i set mine:

Low speed, low gear, Lock to Unlock: 30
Low speed, low gear, Unlock to Lock: 28

Low speed, High gear, Lock to Unlock: 44
Low speed, High gear, Unlock to Lock: 46

the 2 mph overlap is so if your right at 45 mph, it wont jump back and forth.

3rd, there are those tables dealing with the speed VS. TPS%, but i have not messed with those myself. Those can have a lot to do with the TCC also.

** btw, remember that the ECM does not control the actual shift into OD, it only controls the Torque Converter lockup. For a long while i was mistaking the TCC lock as the shift into OD, because the lckup is actually more noticable than the shift.

whew! hope thats helps..
----------
Just to make sure, I wanted to add that the above is my experience with the $6E. I never played with it in the 32 or 32b.

Last edited by Nitsuj86Iroc; 08-20-2007 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-21-2007, 12:51 AM

Re: Relationship TCC OD

Wow! Thanks for taking the time to write this! Impressive!

Now, I had a look at the values your reffering to and this new bin has them set to 21 resp 20 MPH. Quite a difference. So perhaps what I feel is the TCC to engage and not the actual shift. I also looked into the old bin. Although I dont have that specific values in $32B I have a value one called "TCC lock speed (low gears)" which is set to 41 MPH. And one for Unlock 39 MPH

I'm quite sure that the bin I'm using is from an auto car. APYM

I will look deeper into this. Your reply really helped me understand more of this! Thanks!