DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

can i test run on tunerpro save to burn chip in my house

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 91 Camaro Z28
Engine: 350
Transmission: T56
can i test run on tunerpro save to burn chip in my house

hello everyone i am looking to burn my own chip i have 91 camaro ecm 730
i got some answers on last thread

I thinking about what product to get from moates
if i get the auto prom emulator kit for $325 can i still drive the car and save on laptop then view inside and make changes.

Ijust need some input here thanks
Old 01-22-2008, 11:52 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 83 POS monte carlo 2015 chevy P/U
Engine: 92 5.7 tpi 5.3
Transmission: 700r4 6L60E
Axle/Gears: 2.42 too high
Re: can i test run on tunerpro save to burn chip in my house

the AutoProm is what i use.
with it you can data log, do real-time emulation, read & burn chips.
don't have a chip the AutoProm while your doing real-time emulation or setup for it with the key turned on.
if you don't have anything like a burner or a cable to data log with, IMO the AutoProm is the way to go.

to answer your question in your other post, to do real-time emulation you get everything hooked up & working. you load the bin into the AutoProm & see if the car starts & then see if you get data, if you do, record a data log. you open the bin you just made the data log with & make the changes you think it needs & update it to the AutoProm & record another data log & see if your going in the right direction. go slow, make small changes & don't make more than 2~3 changes at a time, take notes on what changes you made & how the worked.
you can make the changes & burn chips from your lap top in the car, or save the info to a flash chip & do it in the house on your desk top.

tuning your own chips is great, but as you'll see there is a steep learning curve to it. a lot of stuff is covered in the stickies.
when you start tuning, you'll have other questions. my advice is while your waiting on your hardware you can start reading, there is a lot to read. also download TunerPro & start playing with it.
in addition to the stickies, a search for the user Grumpy & reading the threads he posted in is well worth the time.
even though you have a TPI system, i recommend reading "Come in for a FREE tune!!!!" by BMmonteSS in the TBI board.
there are a lot of other people here who i should mention, but it would take too long to list them.