DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

Great feature in SAUJP_V5 for Miniram's

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 02:07 PM
Supreme Member

Received 193 Likes on 167 Posts
Great feature in SAUJP_V5 for Miniram's

Force open loop if less than X rpm... where X is a user defined RPM threshold. Don't know why I didn't notice this before....

You then get to tailor the open loop idle AFR via the constant "Open Loop percent change Fuel/Air ratio at idle".

My throttle response has been very crisp as of late, so no real complaints per se going into this.

However, it's always been a very delicate balancing act between getting enough AE fuel on throttle tip in off-idle and actually getting too much AE fuel as a result of that at other driving conditions. The Miniram has always been very sensitive in that regard. I've always kinda suspected that I was partially somehow fighting the ECM's closed loop fuel trimming during off-idle tip in (even with the switch enabled to reset Integrator during AE).

Any rate, the other day found this feature that forces open loop if less than X rpm. So I set it to 1200 rpm. I then set the open loop idle %change to AFR to 5% (it likes to idle slightly on the rich side of stoich).

Seems like I was somewhat correct on my intuition about fighting closed loop fuel trimming... I was able to pull a little fuel from the AE without any adverse impact on off-idle tip-in, but it seems like it improved the crispness in throttle response in other locations. It's also great that you can't "feel" the transition between open and closed loop once you cross the rpm threshold.

I'll probably keep re-working the AE to see how much more improvement I can realize, but getting the same or better performance with less fuel is always a good thing.

What I may do also is re-tool my Miniram Start Bins to use the SAUJP_V5 as the baseline. It currently uses ANHT as the baseline. That'll unlock some features that may come in handy for other users.

Last edited by ULTM8Z; 07-21-2017 at 02:12 PM.
Old 02-14-2023, 08:26 PM
Supreme Member

Received 149 Likes on 122 Posts
Car: '91 Firebird Formula
Engine: SP383 Deluxe FIRST® TPI Intake
Transmission: Tremec T56
Axle/Gears: Moser 9" Eaton Truetrac Motive 3.89
Re: Great feature in SAUJP_V5 for Miniram's

Deleted. Post in wrong thread

Last edited by SbFormula; 02-14-2023 at 08:50 PM.