DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

Copying hex values to S_AUJPv5 from old tables

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1991 Z-28
Engine: Goodwrench 350, stock TPI
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.73
Copying hex values to S_AUJPv5 from old tables

Im trying to figure out how to past in the hex values from my old bin to the new bin. Attached is a pic of my attempt in the HxD program trying to select a hex range per the readme file along with the zip file of S_AUJPv5. Could use help seeing if i did the hex copy/paste correctly, ive never messed with hex files before.

A couple things to note: My old tune was set many years back, and i have no idea if the hex range for that is the same as the range thats listed for the "AUJP2" in the readme file (also attached below). Secondly, my car is no longer an automatic, but has been converted to a t56 after the old tune was set (whichever bin values need updated for that conversion is beyond me at this point). Lastly, from the zip file im using the "N" files (im assuming thats narrow band o2) since i haven't converted to Wide Band yet.
Attached Thumbnails Copying hex values to S_AUJPv5 from old tables-selecting-hex-range.png  
Attached Files
File Type: zip
S_AUJP v5 2030_D_5.zip (235.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: doc
READ ME FIRST-v5 Changes.doc (216.0 KB, 61 views)

Last edited by alans91z; 05-04-2018 at 10:25 PM.
Old 07-08-2018, 06:09 PM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Car: 84 El Camino
Engine: 360 TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.42 + Truetrac, Moser 28 Spline
Re: Copying hex values to S_AUJPv5 from old tables

Originally Posted by alans91z
Im trying to figure out how to past in the hex values from my old bin to the new bin. Attached is a pic of my attempt in the HxD program trying to select a hex range per the readme file along with the zip file of S_AUJPv5. Could use help seeing if i did the hex copy/paste correctly, ive never messed with hex files before.
This reply may be too late but have not been on the board for a while. Do not use the "Select Block" of HxD to copy. That will eliminate the window you are seeing. Just place cursor on the first byte of your file and use the mouse by left-clicking and dragging the last byte to copy; or easier, press the shift key and then page down or use arrow keys to highlight the area to be copied. Real easy.

A couple things to note: My old tune was set many years back, and i have no idea if the hex range for that is the same as the range thats listed for the "AUJP2" in the readme file (also attached below).
See post #9 here for details:
https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/diy-...available.html

Secondly, my car is no longer an automatic, but has been converted to a t56 after the old tune was set (whichever bin values need updated for that conversion is beyond me at this point).
See Post #6 here:
https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/diy-...-settings.html

Lastly, from the zip file im using the "N" files (im assuming thats narrow band o2) since i haven't converted to Wide Band yet.
No! 'N' if for those using NVSRAM. Your are not. From the top of the S_AUJP docs:

As with S_AUJP v4 (v4), there is a S_AUJP v5 (v5) Standard Version and a NVSRAM(NV) Version with this release:
* 52030_D.BIN (Standard Version)
* 52030N_D.BIN (NVSRAM Version)

HTH