Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

having trouble wiring my fog lights to my parking lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2001, 12:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
having trouble wiring my fog lights to my parking lights

I got an auxilirity light kit yesterday so I could hook up my blazer fog lights up to my parking lights so they will turn on when I turn on my parking lighs, well this is the deal:

the switch:

I spliced my left parking light and cut the "brown wire" then I ran a wire with a 2V fuse form the spliced parking light to the + symbol on my switch, then I ran a green wire from my switches light symbol to my relay, then I had a ground on my switch.

the relay:

i had a wire with a 12V fuse going from my cars battery "connected to the + side" to the relay, then i had a wire coming from both of my fog lights to my relay, then i hada green wire going ot he switch, then i had a ground wire.

I dont know if this sounds confusing to you guys, I have a diagram i'll post tomorrow, well this is exactly how i had it connected, but when I turn on my parking lights the fog lights wont come on.. did I do somehting wrong, am i supposed to hook it up to the low beams? thats hwat it says on the diagram but someone said just to hook it up to the brown wire on the prking light, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

EDIT: i just realized that when i had the relay all hooked up it wasn't grounded properly "not touching anything metal" could this have been the reason for it not working?
Old 10-17-2001, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
update:

grounded the relay and everything works now