Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

All kinds of problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 10:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All kinds of problems

There have been a few things going on with this car since I brought it home. I had a problem with the key being loose in the switch and the VATS not reading the chip so I got a couple of resistors and fixed that. Sometimes when you turn the key all it will do is make the starter relay click real fast by my left foot. Sometimes you will try to start it and it will loose all power to everything. It will act like you unhooked the battery. All on it's own it will come back to life and you can start it right up. It is a new battery with new terminals. I have removed, cleaned and reinstalled all the wires on the starter. The way the relay was clicking, it sounds like another bad ground. Is there a main spot under the dash where the ground wires come together? This is the last thing I need to fix and it will be ready for paint.

Phil
Old 08-19-2008, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: All kinds of problems

Not that any one here gives a crap but the problem has been fixed thank's to the help of all the guys over at the corvette forum. I guess if it had been a performance related question I would have had all the help I wanted. Best of luck to all of you with stupid questions that will never be answered.

Phil