Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

no radio, no dome light?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1988 Firebird
Engine: soon to be 3.4/3400
no radio, no dome light?

Ok about a year ago my transmission mount went bad and when taking off the trans would bump/slam up against the bottom of the car. It did this for about a week until i got the new trans mount. Well one night before i had fixed the mount, i took off rater hard and when it bumped my radio quit working, along with my dome light. The (I believe) acc fuse had blown, when i try to replace the fuse it just keeps blowing. since then i have rewired my radio (now i have to manually turn it on) so that i can listen to music, but i still cant figure out what went wrong, my first though was there is a short somewhere butthat could take forever to find. Any ideas on the easiest way to fix it?
Old 11-11-2008, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: no radio, no dome light?

I would look toward the neutral safety switch wiring and/or the backup lights wiring. This issue is most likely due to some wiring to the tranny.

See if you can get someone with a car lifet to raise it up and let you look around the trans... Maybe they will even let you fix it while its up there...

Just trying to help. Hope I did.

/Scott AKA YL