Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

Does anyone here do custom lighting and painting??

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 01:44 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1991 Trans Am GTA
Engine: L98(5.7 L TPI)
Transmission: 700r4(A4)
Axle/Gears: G80 RPO, 3:23s, Auburn Racer's Diff
Does anyone here do custom lighting and painting??

The taillights on 91 & 92 Trans Ams have an interesting grid pattern.

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/exte...-trans-am.html

The pattern on the white light section is the widest. The pattern on the red light section is slightly narrower, and the pattern on the amber section is even narrower.

With that said, I would like to have a set of Pontiac front and rear corner marker lights opened up. Inside, I would like a board of very bright amber LEDs installed (for the fronts) and very bright red LEDs installed (for the rears). Then, I would like some diffusing material installed in front of the LEDs so that the light output from individual bulbs cannot be seen from the outside. Obviously, the corner markers will need to be resealed, and a plug will need to be installed so that they connect with the stock wiring harness.

Then, on the outside of the corner markers, I would like the same grid pattern used over the white section of the 1991/1992 taillights to be painted on in automotive grade gloss black. Next, I would like automotive grade clearcoat painted over the grid pattern.

Is this something anyone on here can/would accomplish for $?

Thanks!
Bill