Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

Serpintine conversion ac wiring

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Serpintine conversion ac wiring

I'm in need of some help, I did a serpintine conversion on my 85 camaro. I'm looking to hook up the Ac compresser wiring and my original compresser had one double wire plug (as shown in picture 1) and the new compresser has two double wire plugs (shown in the 2nd picture) how do I wire the new compressor to work with my old wiring? Or do I need to swap clutches and use my old compressor?
I'm also installing a electric fan and would like the fan to turn on when the compresser starts. I will be installing a fan controller to turn the fan on when it hits 160. Any help would be great!

Old 03-13-2017, 11:02 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1,052 Likes on 748 Posts
Re: Serpintine conversion ac wiring

The switch on the back of the compressor is the high pressure cut-off switch. If your old compressor doesn't have the switch, your car doesn't need it. The compressor wiring is different in different years and with different engines. You're probably furthest ahead to wire it to match what you had before, since the rest of the wiring in your car is matched to that system.
Old 03-14-2017, 05:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Serpintine conversion ac wiring

Awesome thank you, I will just splice in that front plug to my original wiring