Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

Manual swap issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2024, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Manual swap issues

So the 87 camaro i just bought was incompletely manual swapped and the ignition is stuck in the on position and i can crank the car but cant shut it off how do i fix this problem? Also they didnt wire the break lights in either. And when i got the car the clutch line from the master to the slave cylinder was cut any idea where i can buy that clutch line? Will the vehicle operate properly without a manual ecm?
Old 04-01-2024, 09:46 PM

Received 167 Likes on 132 Posts
Car: 1989 Trans Am
Engine: sp357
Transmission: T-5
Re: Manual swap issues

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/tran...mare-swap.html

Making multiple threads about the same issues is a good way to get ignored. The membership here is insanely knowledgeable and every question you have has been discussed multiple times over the past 20+ years this forum has been around. Two of use have already responded to your first thread on the subject. Many of us are willing to help, but it's going to take some time and patience and effort on your part (searching and reading this forum) to work through the issues. I have easily spent 3-4x as much time just researching here than I have actually spent wrenching on my car. If you aren't willing to put in that kind of effort you're going to need to pay someone else to figure it out for you.