Engine Swap Everything about swapping an engine into your Third Gen.....be it V6, V8, LTX/LSX, crate engine, etc. Pictures, questions, answers, and work logs.

Crate 350

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 08:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 86' Iroc
Engine: 350
Transmission: T-5
Axle/Gears: Stock
Crate 350

First off, 86' Iroc Camaro that currently has no engine/trans/driveline. It was born with a 305/auto and I want it to be a 350/5 or 6 speed. Most likely a 5 speed because of the price of a t56. I am in between carb vs fuel injection.

Cars purpose:

This car is a Sunday driver restore project. My plan is to get the engine and trans fitted and drive it around to make sure everything works because from what I read when installing the t5, I will have to cut a hole and weld a double plate to the firewall. So I want to install everything and make sure it all fits before I do the repaint.

I chatted with a Summit tech and he referred me to this engine if I was to go with the carb.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/nal-19210009/reviews

I was looking at all options so I want to see what people are doing that have the same generation Camaro as me.
Attached Images  
Old 08-22-2017, 08:40 AM
Supreme Member

Received 189 Likes on 149 Posts
Car: 1984 Trans Am L69
Engine: Sniper EFI Powered 355
Transmission: WC T5 w/ Steel Support Plate
Axle/Gears: 3.42 10 Bolt Posi
Re: Crate 350

If I were buying a new motor I would not go flat tappet. Carb will get you going but if it is in your budget EFI is the way to go.