Firebirds for Sale Post your Firebird for Sale.

89 Formula with lots of extras

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 89 Formula
Engine: 305
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 3.73
89 Formula with lots of extras

1989 Pontiac Formula Hardtop with a ton of new performance parts. Ive literally rebuilt everything on this car with the exception of the engine.

Engine:

Original TPI 305 with 103k. Small tube headers, custom y-pipe, texas rumbler 3" catback exhuast. AC has been removed as well as all the AIR stuff. I still have the compressor which worked when it was removed, it only needed to be converted to R-134. AC delete pulley. I also removed the cruise control to clean up the engine bay. TPI Runners are clean with no dents, has stock TB and stock air intake.
No leaks anywhere!

Ignition- New Accel plugs, Accel 8mm wires, MSD Blaster Coil, New High Output Cap and Rotor ( has heavier copper in it for more conductivity).

Transmission: Just rebuild 700R4 with a 2200 stall done by Mike at pro torque. Has a B&M stage 2 shift kit, beast sunshell, kevlar band, Corvette servo and shorter upshift valves. New bands, cluthces etc. I havent put 50 miles on this transmission since the rebuild. I do have the reciept for it.

Rear end: 3.73 open diff with a T/A aluminum re-enforcing diff cover. It has the fins on it to keep the rear cooler, stock 28 spline axles. Aluminum drive shaft off a 4th gen WS6 t/a with B&M aftermarket X-joint.

BODY:

Fiberglass Ram Air 2 hood, I have a 01 Trans Am Spoiler which as not been mounted but is modded to fit on the 3rd gen deck. I have the stock small wing which i will be putting back on before its sold. It has stock early model 16" turbine rims with 245/50 tires with plenty of tread left. All bumperttes (plastic bumper inserts on all four corners) are perfect. there is one dent on the lower passenger side door which can be fixed by any local moblie dent service. Car has a small amount of surface rust on the top of the rear fender wells, the doors, and a pinky sized spot on the roof. Also has a little rust where the fender bolts to the bottom of the subframe on the passenger side. Hardtop car with Black paint.

Chassis: UMI weld in subframe connectors, stock WS6 suspension with 36mm front sway bar. Poly mounts on both sway bars.

Interior: New grey carpet from summit with sound deadner under all of the carpet, front, rear and in the hatch. fourth gen console from an 01' T/A, Seats that are grey recovered from an 88 camaro, both front and rear, NO HOLES, lembars are still there and foam is not falling off the frame. Visors are perfect but will need a new headliner. Has stock tape deck that works, A PERFECT DASH, GT Grant 15'' three spoke steering wheel, B&M megashifter, Adjustable steering. Lights work, i have extra motors, extra light switch, another colum with keys, all the nuts and bolts for the interior trim. Has power windows, locks, and mirrors. the interior of this car is almost perfect and needs very little.

I if i can think of anything else i will add it later on. I built this car around a 400 small block, which you can find in the classified section, which was intended to put down massive power. This car is strong enough for whatever you want to put in it.

WHY IM SELLING IT: truthfully, Im tired of messin with it and I dont have the time. When i was in high school i had all weekend to buld these things, and now ive got my eyes on bigger things in life, like going back to college

Please dont low ball me on this thing, Ive got over 7k in it and two years of my time. Im not dying to get rid of it or have some financial burdens which are forcing me to dump it. This car doesnt need much to be amazing.

Im asking $4600, but its negatible. Ill be posting pictures this afternoon. Shoot me a pm and ill be happy to give you a buzz.

THANKS!

Danny
Old 04-16-2008, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 89 Formula
Engine: 305
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 3.73
Re: 89 Formula with lots of extras

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]