Firebirds for Sale Post your Firebird for Sale.

FS: '91 GTA 5.7L -- Minor Frame Damage $1500 OBO

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1991 White GTA
Engine: 5.7L L98
FS: '91 GTA 5.7L -- Roller $1500 OBO

For sale is my white 1991 Firebird Trans Am GTA. Long story short, the brakes locked and I skidded into a curb at about a 45 degree angle. As a result the front drivers side wheel was damaged and the subframe up in that region was bent. I have replaced the wheel with a spare non-gta wheel I had at the time. The bad news is that it rubs a bit against the rear of the wheel well.

That being said here are the details:
VIN: 1G2FW2381ML204045
Mileage: 165k
Drivetrain: 5.7L L98 + 4-speed auto tranny
Pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/2470722...7603782338885/
(If you click the size button, you can get the bigger images) These were taken back in January, but the car has been parked in my shared garage since then. The Amps and the Subwoofers are not for sale.

I'm the 2nd owner of the car and have owned the car since 1997. I've kept in in very good shape. It has been my daily driver for the last 11 years and resided in Southern California for about 9 of those years. Most the miles on the car are freeway miles from college, and I also spent a few years back east in grad school so it was parked in my parents garage. It was broken into back in '98 by having the door locks punched out (of all the things, they stole my bowling *****!) I had the door locks welded up and use the code alarm to unlock the vehicle. The car was fully painted afterwards. All the interior is in excellent shape, however it is missing a few of the emblem covers on the passenger side. Other than that the interior is in very good condition. I've redid the headliner about 3-4 years ago and I've recently had the front seats reupholstered with cloth from Classic Industries.

The engine has run well, and I've had no major repairs done on the engine. I did have the injectors replaced/cleaned about 6 years ago. I've kept up the preventative maintenance on the engine, replacing hoses/belts/oil/sensors/plugs/distributor/etc as necessary. It currently does not pass California smog, I'm guess it is the O2 sensor, I have the results if you would like to look at them. Since It doesn't pass smog I will sell this as a non-op. (I'm not sure if it's possible to sell the car as operational if it doesn't pass smog.)

Willing to take $1500 OBO. It is drivable, so you can drive it around and have it looked and on a lift if you want. I will also throw in the service manual. I don't know if it's worth repairing, but it would make an excellent parts car. I would part it out, if I had my own garage. I would really like to see someone get some use out of it.

Send me a PM or an email at ccase at dslextreme dot com if interested. Thanks.

Last edited by solarium_rider; 05-24-2008 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Spellchecking, updated title, added email
Old 05-24-2008, 09:58 PM

Car: 2000 Ford Focus
Engine: 2.0L CVH/SPI I-4
Transmission: IB5
Axle/Gears: stock
Re: FS: '91 GTA 5.7L -- Roller $1500 OBO

Subframe in the front sounds tweaked. It's fixable, but someone would have to find a car with a blown motor, and pull the front of both cars apart to fix it. Worth the trouble? HELL YES!!! To keep another GTA on the road. I would love to buy this car from ya, but I'm on the East coast... bummer, so bump for a sweet deal.
Old 05-25-2008, 01:31 AM
Want a title? Post!

Originally Posted by solarium_rider
For sale is my white 1991 Firebird Trans Am GTA. Long story short, the brakes locked and I skidded into a curb at about a 45 degree angle. As a result the front drivers side wheel was damaged and the subframe up in that region was bent. I have replaced the wheel with a spare non-gta wheel I had at the time. The bad news is that it rubs a bit against the rear of the wheel well.

That being said here are the details:
VIN: 1G2FW2381ML204045
Mileage: 165k
Drivetrain: 5.7L L98 + 4-speed auto tranny
Pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/2470722...7603782338885/
(If you click the size button, you can get the bigger images) These were taken back in January, but the car has been parked in my shared garage since then. The Amps and the Subwoofers are not for sale.

I'm the 2nd owner of the car and have owned the car since 1997. I've kept in in very good shape. It has been my daily driver for the last 11 years and resided in Southern California for about 9 of those years. Most the miles on the car are freeway miles from college, and I also spent a few years back east in grad school so it was parked in my parents garage. It was broken into back in '98 by having the door locks punched out (of all the things, they stole my bowling *****!) I had the door locks welded up and use the code alarm to unlock the vehicle. The car was fully painted afterwards. All the interior is in excellent shape, however it is missing a few of the emblem covers on the passenger side. Other than that the interior is in very good condition. I've redid the headliner about 3-4 years ago and I've recently had the front seats reupholstered with cloth from Classic Industries.

The engine has run well, and I've had no major repairs done on the engine. I did have the injectors replaced/cleaned about 6 years ago. I've kept up the preventative maintenance on the engine, replacing hoses/belts/oil/sensors/plugs/distributor/etc as necessary. It currently does not pass California smog, I'm guess it is the O2 sensor, I have the results if you would like to look at them. Since It doesn't pass smog I will sell this as a non-op. (I'm not sure if it's possible to sell the car as operational if it doesn't pass smog.)

Willing to take $1500 OBO. It is drivable, so you can drive it around and have it looked and on a lift if you want. I will also throw in the service manual. I don't know if it's worth repairing, but it would make an excellent parts car. I would part it out, if I had my own garage. I would really like to see someone get some use out of it.

Send me a PM or an email at ccase at dslextreme dot com if interested. Thanks.
Is there any damage to the bumper down low in the front where you hit the curb? Is there any damage to either front fenders from the accident? Is the hood in good shape? Thank you.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:27 PM
Want a title? Post!

I haven't heard from you in a while now, did you sell the car? Please let me know because I have CASH in hand and really want to make a deal. Thank you
Old 05-27-2008, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by convertking
Is there any damage to the bumper down low in the front where you hit the curb? Is there any damage to either front fenders from the accident? Is the hood in good shape? Thank you.
There is body damage on the front drivers side skirt area as shown in the photos. Most the damage (other than the frame) is what you see in the pictures. The nose has the little crack near the front left skirt. The hood is in excellent condition.

The car is still for sale. As for the price you offered me, please check your PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:09 PM

I've had some requests for the RPO Codes. I've added a picture of them here:

I also decoded all the codes, here they are:
AAA 4-WAY MANUAL SEAT ADJUSTER
AJ3 RESTRAINT SYSTEM, FRT SEAT, INFLATABLE, DRIVER
AQ9 SEAT, FRT PASS A DRIV, RECL
AQ9 SEAT, FRT BKT PASS DRIVER RECL
AU3 LOCK CONTROL, SIDE DR, ELEC
A31 WINDOW, POWER OPERATED, SIDE
A90 LOCK CONTROL, RR COMPT LID, REM CONT ELEC RELEASE
BC8 ORNAMENTATION, INTR, DR MAP POCKETS
B2L PERFORMANCE PACKAGE & ENGINE PACKAGE V8 5.7LPFI
B84 ORNAMENTATION, EXTR MLDG, B0DY SIDE
C49 DEFOGGER, RR WINDOW, ELECTRIC
C60 HVAC SYSTEM, AIR CONDITIONER FRT MAN CONTROLS
DC4 MIRROR I/S, R/V, TILT, DUAL READING LAMPS
DG7 MIRROR 0/S, LH & RH, REM CONT, ELEC, PAINTED
D42 SHADE, RR COMPT SECURITY
D5X GEAR, SPEEDO DRIVEN
D8F SENSOR, VEH SPD
D81 SPOILER, RR, AERO WING
E5Z SPEEDOMETER ADAPTER (DELETE)
E9Z SPEEDOMETER KEY (DELETE)
FE2 SUSPENSION SYSTEM, RIDE HANDLING
GU5 AXLE REAR, 3.23 RATIO
G80 AXLE POSITRACTION, LIMITED SLIP
IL2 TRIM- INTERIOR DESIGN
JG1 SHAFT, PROP, ALUMINUM
J65 BRAKE SYSTEM, PWR, FRT & RR DISC
KC4 COOLING SYSTEM, ENG OIL
K34 CRUISE CONTROL, AUT0MATIC, ELECTRONIC
K68 GENERATOR,105 AMP
L98 5.7 LITER V8 TPI ENGINE
MD8 TRANSMISSION, AUTO 4 SPD, THM 700 R4
NA5 EMISSION SYSTEM, FEDERAL, TIER O
NN5 EMISSION OVERRIDE, CALIFORNIA SYSTEM, FEDERAL
NP5 LEATHER WRAPPED, STEERING WHEEL AND SHIFT ****
NP5 STEERING WHEEL, LEATHER WRAPPED
N10 EXHAUST SYSTEM DUAL
N64 WHEEL & TIRE,SPARE, SPACE SAVER, ALUMINUM
PW7 WHEEL, 16 X 8, ALUMINUM, DIAMOND SPOKE
QLC TIRE ALL, P245/50ZR16/N BL R/PE ST TL HW4
T93 TAIL & STOP LAMP, SMOKED
T93 LAMP, TAIL & STOP, SPECIAL
T96 LAMP, FOG
UB3 CLUSTER, INST, OIL, COOL TEMP, VOLTS, TRIP ODOM, TACH
UQ1 RADIO PROVISIONS, FOR STEREO
UX1 RADIO, AM/FM STEREO CASSETTE EQUALIZER
U62 SPEAKER SYSTEM, DUAL COAXIAL
U75 ANTENNA, POWER, RADIO
VAN ASSEMBLY PLANT, VAN NUYS, CA
VG8 VEHICLE, BUYER NOTICE LABEL
VK3 LICENSE PLATE, FRT MOUNTING PKG
V73 ANTENNA, FIXED
WS4 MODEL CONVERSION, TRANS AM
WS6 PERFORMANCE PACKAGE, SPECIAL
YF5 CERTIFICATION, EMISSION, CALIFORNIA
Y84 MERCHANDISED PKG, GTA, TRANS AM
1SA Option Package 01
10Q MOLDING COLOR , ARCTIC WHITE (91)
52P WHEEL COLOR, GOLD MET (91)
6ZX SPRING, COMPUTER SELECTED, FRONT, LEFT HAND
66I INTERIOR TRIM, MED BEECHWOOD (91)
662 TRIM COMBINATION, LEATHER, MED BEECHWOOD (91)
669 SEAT BELT COLOR, MED BEECHWOOD (9) (91)
7ZX SPRING, COMPUTER SELECTED, FRONT, RIGHT HAND
8NL SPRING, COMPUTER SELECTED, REAR, RIGHT HAND
8NL SPRING, COMPUTER SELECTED, REAR, LEFT HAND
8NL COMPUTER SELECTED REAR LEFTHAND SPRING
9NL COMPUTER SELECTED REAR RIGHTHAND SPRING
9NL SPRING, COMPUTER SELECTED, REAR, RIGHT HAND