Firebirds for Sale Post your Firebird for Sale.

1985 Trans Am\ Camaro 454 big block project

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 11:33 PM
Want a title? Post!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1985 Trans Am\ Camaro 454 big block project

This is a Project car, it was my car as a kid, I decided years ago to restore it and stuff a bigblock in it and has been sitting inside ever since, it is time for it to go I have way to many other projects beside this one to complete!It is a 1985 trans am all the piece are here times 2 it just needs to be finished up! It has a fresh 454 rebuilt short block sitting in it now the short block has forged trw pistons new rings and bearings the crank was turned and the block was decked and line honed the rods have been resized with arp bolts install new oil pump extra, I have set of square port heads with new stainless steel valve’s ,new springs, also I have to cams that go with it, the one that is in it is a comp cams hydraulic the other is a more radical comp cams sold lifter, team g single plane square port intake, moroso chrome valve covers, rebuilt 700r4 auto trans with manual valve body (new rebuilt no miles at all), fiberglass ram air 99 stile hood, hooker long tube headers for the big block, comp9000 distributor, 1 spare 10 bolt rear ends drum brake kind(not posi) just to get you moving till u can get a 9in extra (sold the stock rear end), new brakes up front, new calipers, new master cylinder new lines, shock and struts have less than 5000 on them, edelbrock lowering springs polyurethane bushings on the sway bar-control arms, new wheel bearings, chrome shock tower mounts, sub frame connectors (welded on), 2 drive shafts 5spd and auto (don't remember if they are different), 2 sets of tail lights, 2 speedo's, it is primed with a 2k primer\filler and ready to shoot, I think the only body work that needs to be done before paint is the ground effects (I have 2 sets) and the front and rear bumpers. Door jams trunk jams and engine compartment are done, with black DuPont polyurethane, the underside is painted with por-15 ***under side was sand blasted** the shell is in very good condition with no rust, it had 120k when parked and has been inside ever since!
Email me for pics and questions
Here is a link to my photo bucket account were u can see some pictures, to give u a better idea of what’s ben done!
http://s403.photobucket.com/albums/p.../85%20Transam/
Best offer gets it, I may consider trades or parting it out but I would just rather sell it as a whole!

best way to reach me as i am not on this forum very much is e-mail me gsxrrx7@gmail.com
Old 12-26-2011, 09:50 PM
TGO Supporter

Location: Avatar: My 34' 1989 Scarab III w/ twin 454's (502's Started!)
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1989 Wellcraft Scarab III
Engine: Twin 454's
Axle/Gears: Twin Mercruiser Bravo I's
Re: 1985 Trans Am\ Camaro 454 big block project

Originally Posted by twister
This is a Project car, it was my car as a kid, I decided years ago to restore it and stuff a bigblock in it and has been sitting inside ever since, it is time for it to go I have way to many other projects beside this one to complete!It is a 1985 trans am all the piece are here times 2 it just needs to be finished up! It has a fresh 454 rebuilt short block sitting in it now the short block has forged trw pistons new rings and bearings the crank was turned and the block was decked and line honed the rods have been resized with arp bolts install new oil pump extra, I have set of square port heads with new stainless steel valve’s ,new springs, also I have to cams that go with it, the one that is in it is a comp cams hydraulic the other is a more radical comp cams sold lifter, team g single plane square port intake, moroso chrome valve covers, rebuilt 700r4 auto trans with manual valve body (new rebuilt no miles at all), fiberglass ram air 99 stile hood, hooker long tube headers for the big block, comp9000 distributor, 1 spare 10 bolt rear ends drum brake kind(not posi) just to get you moving till u can get a 9in extra (sold the stock rear end), new brakes up front, new calipers, new master cylinder new lines, shock and struts have less than 5000 on them, edelbrock lowering springs polyurethane bushings on the sway bar-control arms, new wheel bearings, chrome shock tower mounts, sub frame connectors (welded on), 2 drive shafts 5spd and auto (don't remember if they are different), 2 sets of tail lights, 2 speedo's, it is primed with a 2k primer\filler and ready to shoot, I think the only body work that needs to be done before paint is the ground effects (I have 2 sets) and the front and rear bumpers. Door jams trunk jams and engine compartment are done, with black DuPont polyurethane, the underside is painted with por-15 ***under side was sand blasted** the shell is in very good condition with no rust, it had 120k when parked and has been inside ever since!
Email me for pics and questions
Here is a link to my photo bucket account were u can see some pictures, to give u a better idea of what’s ben done!
http://s403.photobucket.com/albums/p.../85%20Transam/
Best offer gets it, I may consider trades or parting it out but I would just rather sell it as a whole!

best way to reach me as i am not on this forum very much is e-mail me gsxrrx7@gmail.com
Per board rules please post an asking price.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:51 PM
Want a title? Post!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 1985 Trans Am\ Camaro 454 big block project

Asking price 3500 obo