Firebirds Wanted Looking to buy a specific Firebird? Post your Want Ad here.

[WA] Keeping an eye out - 88-92 Formulas!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 05:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Keeping an eye out - 88-92 Formulas!

Hey all,

I figured this is worth a shot, so I'm posting here!

Yes, my previous thread was about a car I just sold - A '91 base model I had intended to turn into a Formula clone car. Sadly, it was just too much of a project for me to take on with both full time work and full time school taking up much of my time during the week (and will be the case for another 9 months). My friend whom allowed me to store the car for awhile needed the space back, so I chose to be respectful, as well as realistic, and had to let the car go .

I am debating between a couple of possible options to choose within the next few months - Selling my daily driver (A 2006 Mazda 3), and joining the dark side...buying a Gen 5 Mustang (most likely one of the newer 5.0's) as a new daily driver, or holding onto the Mazda for a little while longer, and keeping an eye out for another possible third gen.

Despite me mentioning buying a newer Mustang, doing so would be done through a down payment and financing. I figure this is worth mentioning, because if I choose to go with another third gen, pristine, super low-mileage survivors that belong in collectors garages/at car shows, and fully built to the hilt track cars wouldn't be in my price range, but I'd be looking for a solid, presentable driver (healthy mechanically, and good paint/body) - not another project.

That being said, the closer to the following criteria that the car follows, the more interested I will be in it

- True Formula desired, but would consider a clone/copy car
- Not worried if it's a TBI or TPI motor, either is fine (Would rather avoid carbed cars if modded, but won't rule them out)
- No preference between cloth or leather seats
- Power windows/doors a plus (manual is fine too).
- Rear disc brakes (I've heard some formulas do not have them?)
- Posi rear
- Manual transmission strongly preferred (Whether factory T5 car, or a swap)
- T-tops (Pretty much only interested in t-top cars, tbh)
- Black paint (ala Knight Rider) preferred. "Arrest me" red is always cool too
- 91 and 92 cars preferred, but still interested in 88-90 cars too.

I realize this is pretty specific criteria that will limit my options, but I'm holding out some hope I might find something along these lines, and I'm just throwing it out there in case anyone here is thinking of (or knows someone who is thinking of..) selling a Firebird that may pique my interest sometime in the next 2-6 months or so. If you do, please send info my way (general car info, pictures, price, location, etc).

I am located in the Seattle area, and would prefer to deal relatively locally (western WA), but am certainly willing to consider out of area sellers as well for the right car.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by Flightoficarus; 09-25-2017 at 05:18 PM.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:10 AM
Supreme Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Car: 1987 IROC Original Owner
Engine: LB9
Transmission: M39 MM5
Axle/Gears: G80 G92 J65
Re: Keeping an eye out - 88-92 Formulas!

What's your budget?

Last edited by PurelyPMD; 09-26-2017 at 07:14 AM.
Old 09-26-2017, 02:10 PM

PM Sent.
Old 09-29-2017, 04:09 PM

Update: Still on the hunt/open to other car offers from others whom read this thread (Above example is a cherry 1LE out of budget).
Old 10-09-2017, 03:05 PM
Want a title? Post!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

I know I am a long way from where you are. (Canada, Ontario) but I have a car to sell you.

I have an 89, T-top, Firebird formula, it runs great, has no rust. It needs a little uppolstry work but other than that it's ready to go.

If you don't have all the cash on hand, I would be willing to offer financing. (I am a private citizen not a dealer)

I am selling the car as I have no where to keep it.

If interested contact me.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 88 formula convertable #69 of 104
Engine: LB9 5.0 TPI
Transmission: MXO 700R-4
Axle/Gears: G80 posi GU5 3:23

Hello,
Just posted my 88 Formula conv. here for sale, low easy miles of 45.8 k. I'm second owner I have owned and cared for the car for 28 years, always garaged and covered, Triple Black Show quality, clean car fax report, PHS documented. Check it out if you want to see pictures.

Tom.
Old 03-17-2020, 06:41 AM

Received 86 Likes on 68 Posts
Car: 1987 Formula 350
Engine: TPI 383 Stroker
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.27

If you find an earlier car I need some tips on updating it to a 91/92 formula clone feel free to PM me with any questions on modifying headlight bezels, wiring up the new fog lights, making the nose/bumper fit, and installing the later model spoiler.

Good luck!
Old 06-14-2020, 01:11 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a 1992 Formula 350 ,T top car. 60,000 original mile car. Absolutely spotless. Show room floor quality. Hawks 3rd gen wheels Ntto tires Lots of extra bolt on stuff. Hooker headers 3'' exhaust. Let me know if interested. I have been having issues responding to DM's if you hit me up and I don't respond please reply here