Group Purchases Take part in, suggest, or discuss Group Purchases here. Make sure to read the rules before doing so.

Gauging interest for direct fit Moser axle shafts for GM/SLP dana 44's

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 02:08 PM
Supreme Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Car: 1986 Trans am
Engine: 5.3 LM7
Transmission: T56 6 speed
Axle/Gears: Dana 44 w/ 3.55's
Gauging interest for direct fit Moser axle shafts for GM/SLP dana 44's

Like the title says, I would like to try to set up a group buy for a pair of bolt in moser high strength axle shafts for all of you lucky dana 44 rear owners. I recently bent one of my shafts in my 44, and while weighing my options I mentioned a group buy with the tech at moser. The savings is pretty considerable, but I need a minimum of 10 sets sold to get the deal.

Normally, to have custom axles made (includes bearings and wheel studs), the price is $460 plus shipping through moser. With a group buy of 10 sets or more, the price will go down to $385 per set plus shipping to whoever wants one. I will be handling all of the transaction details, and will be sending my original axle shafts in to moser for an exact copy to be made, but out of a higher strength material. I'm sure many of you know it's virtually impossible to buy a direct fit axle shaft for the 3rd gen D44 rear, so get these while you can save some cash and beef up your 44 a bit!

I'll put together a list on here to keep track of the potential buyers. I'd like to get this going relatively soon, seeing as how my car is now down for the nice weather until I get the order in. So without further a due, let me know if your interested and I'll try to get this deal in the works.

Buyer List

1. whitedevilTA (possibly 2 sets)
2. Justin89Formy (possibly 2 sets)