Interior Discussion about interior restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Interior Refresh

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 09:14 AM
Supreme Member

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Re: Interior Refresh

Originally Posted by Mike92Firebird
Nothing. Redline has contacted USPS and they are "investigating". They said it can take up to 90 days...THREE FREAKING MONTHS until they have an answer where my wheel is. If they don't find my wheel, I supposedly get my money back.

How's yours coming along?
I haven't heard anything on mine yet, I'll give them another week and then check to see how the parts are coming along.
Old 04-16-2015, 03:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 89 GTA
Engine: 5.7 TPI L98
Transmission: 700R4 w/ Stage 2 shift kit & stall

Originally Posted by cdoyle
I haven't heard anything on mine yet, I'll give them another week and then check to see how the parts are coming along.
Hopefully you have better luck than me.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:03 AM
Supreme Member

well got an email today saying my stuff was being shipped today.

I'm a little concerned because it says to be on the lookout for a 'padded envelope'.
I hope that's just an automated email, and they actually installed the wraps on my parts and shipped them in a box.

I just emailed them to verify.
Old 04-20-2015, 07:42 AM

well got an email today saying my stuff was being shipped today.

I'm a little concerned because it says to be on the lookout for a 'padded envelope'.
I hope that's just an automated email, and they actually installed the wraps on my parts and shipped them in a box.

I just emailed them to verify.
They said the same thing to me too that they shipped my wheel in a "padded envelope" so I'm assuming that it is probably automated.

Let me know what they say. Hopefully you have better luck getting your products than me. I've still got nothing.
Old 05-06-2015, 11:35 AM

@cdoyle - any updates?
Old 05-07-2015, 09:39 AM
Supreme Member

Hi,
Yes I got my parts back last week and have them installed.

Here is my review and some photos:

I think overall the parts turned out good, but I really wish they would have followed my instructions and did what we agreed upon in our emails. The parts were supposed to have had the OEM style baseball stitching. I talked with 'Mike' several times and even confirmed with him what I wanted by showing them the style they offer on their site.

Then in the box with the parts that I shipped, I even typed out exactly what needed to be done. But unfortunately that was not done, don't get me wrong. Everything looks good, I just feel the baseball stitching would have made the red stitching look a little more aggressive in the car.

Another item to consider before doing this yourself, is the 'black' they use is really more of a dark charcoal color. So if you have a 91/92 wheel with airbag, the airbag will really look out of place up against the new leather. Luckily, I had some SEM graphite color spray that I have used on other pieces of the car. So used it on my bag, and it matched up pretty well.

Here are some photos.

Here you can see the color difference between the OEM 'Black' and the Redline 'Black'

This is after painting the airbag with the SEM Graphite color spray. It matched pretty good, and since I use that same color throughout the car, it matches everything else too.

Old 05-10-2015, 01:14 PM

Hi,
Yes I got my parts back last week and have them installed.

Here is my review and some photos:

I think overall the parts turned out good, but I really wish they would have followed my instructions and did what we agreed upon in our emails. The parts were supposed to have had the OEM style baseball stitching. I talked with 'Mike' several times and even confirmed with him what I wanted by showing them the style they offer on their site.

Then in the box with the parts that I shipped, I even typed out exactly what needed to be done. But unfortunately that was not done, don't get me wrong. Everything looks good, I just feel the baseball stitching would have made the red stitching look a little more aggressive in the car.

Another item to consider before doing this yourself, is the 'black' they use is really more of a dark charcoal color. So if you have a 91/92 wheel with airbag, the airbag will really look out of place up against the new leather. Luckily, I had some SEM graphite color spray that I have used on other pieces of the car. So used it on my bag, and it matched up pretty well.

Here are some photos.

Here you can see the color difference between the OEM 'Black' and the Redline 'Black'

This is after painting the airbag with the SEM Graphite color spray. It matched pretty good, and since I use that same color throughout the car, it matches everything else too.

I am really jealous that you actually got your stuff back. I haven't gotten my money back or gotten a product yet and I am getting really pissed off about the entire situation.

Your stuff looks really good, although I can see why you'd be upset about them not following your directions. Must be something with the language barrier lol.
Old 08-16-2015, 09:48 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Mike92Firebird
I am really jealous that you actually got your stuff back. I haven't gotten my money back or gotten a product yet and I am getting really pissed off about the entire situation.

Your stuff looks really good, although I can see why you'd be upset about them not following your directions. Must be something with the language barrier lol.
Did you ever get your items or money back?
Old 08-16-2015, 12:48 PM
Supreme Member

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts
Car: 84 Z28
Engine: 383 Stroker
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.73

WOW, I will not be sending anything to them. From this thread, they are 50/50. Heh. I would be worried about loosing out on business if I was them. You would think that shipping would almost be as important as the work done.

Hope you get your stuff Mike92Firebird.