LTX and LSX Putting LT1s, LS1s, and their variants into Third Gens is becoming more popular. This board is for those who are doing and have done the swaps so they can discuss all of their technical aspects including repairs, swap info, and performance upgrades.

Building an '86 IROC and would like to get input and opinions!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 11:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1986 IROC-Z
Engine: 5.3 Vortec
Transmission: T56
Building an '86 IROC and would like to get input and opinions!

Ok guys, I've begun the gathering stage of my build! My vision for this car is for it to be fast(obviously,lol!), comfortable, and dependable. You know, a car that is drop dead sexy that can make it coast-to-coast WITHOUT a trailer!!

Like I said I'm gathering right now and here's what I have so far,

2001 Vortec 5.3
LS1 intake and cam
ECM and harness from 2000 Silverado
F-Body LS1 oil pan
Stock LS1 F-Body Exhaust Manifolds(the newer versions)
Frame side conversion motor mounts
T56 Pedal assy. from a 2001 Camaro SS

I'm not looking to go real wild......YET! I am looking to learn all I can about this swap and how to do it right so I can enjoy this car for a long time! So, feel free to weigh in on what you think will make my car one that can spend more time crusin' and less time sittin'. Thanks in advance for all your tips and opinions!
Old 06-27-2013, 12:12 AM

Re: Building an '86 IROC and would like to get input and opinions!

I guess you would like to know a little about the car too, huh?

1986 IROC-Z28
Disc Brakes all around
Posi rear w\ 3.73 gears
Perimeter style weld in sub frame connectors
She was converted to a 5-speed car by the previous owner
Over all in great shape!
There are minor rust spots where the ground F/X mount to the body and in a couple other places but only surface rust!!!
Here is a pic of her as she was delivered a couple of weeks ago. The rest of her is in the garage.
Attached Thumbnails Building an '86 IROC and would like to get input and opinions!-imag0316.jpg  
Old 06-27-2013, 09:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 86 IROC, 89 GTA
Engine: 350 blocks, both of em
Transmission: 700r4s
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt and 9 bolt, 3.73, 3.23

I would dump that cam for something more aggressive. The intake to an ls6 would be ideal. Which 5 speed is in it? The T5's aren't very strong.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:18 AM

Car: 1987 Camaro Z28, 1989 TTA #922
Engine: lb9, 3.8L turbo
Transmission: 700r4, 2004R

Nice looking Iroc man look forward to seeing your build
Old 06-27-2013, 09:33 AM
Supreme Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Car: 88 Formula, 90 Iroc RIP, 92 RS Sold
Engine: 305 to 350
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 10 Bolt

Ls6 cam and intake
Or get a aftermarket cam you would see better gains
I know your looking for a t56 like you told me

what are you future plans and goal with it ..turbo ,n/a, maggie

I
Old 06-27-2013, 10:01 AM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Car: 91 Z28
Engine: 6.0L LQ9
Axle/Gears: Dana 44 3.92

I posted in your thread on ls1tech. Do yourself a favor and read through some of these threads and do some searching before you get going. I spent 3 months reading before I even posted. Lots of great info in this section.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:10 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by STREETDEMON
I posted in your thread on ls1tech. Do yourself a favor and read through some of these threads and do some searching before you get going. I spent 3 months reading before I even posted. Lots of great info in this section.
Yea I agree I did a lot of researching and calling people and pm's to various people and vendors for about a year then stumbled upon a lsx dropout .. I still do a lot of researching on everything I put on or about to buy I'm a who what when and where type of person and into the small details ..im always reading learn new stuff everyday

To the OP
List the goals you want . Then research combos that will get you there ..the research the parts you want .. no 2 build are the same .. research some more then start buying parts

I would say this much build you block first then the last thing should be heads and cam as your mind will change and goals might change when you start your build to the end.. im not rich and rather not do things twice ..= more $$ ...ever seen a guy swap cam first then do supporting mods too just upgrade cam again ..the upgrade heads too then upgrade cam once more

ls6 cam and off course ls1or ls6 cam seems too be the common budget build on the 5.3 and boosting it
Old 06-28-2013, 08:14 AM

Thanks for the replies guys!

I've done quite a bit of reading over the last couple of years. I'm one of those guys that needs to get his hands on this stuff and make a few mistakes to wrap my head around it and understand why and how it works. Please be patient with me. I feel like everything I read helps but I'm jumping around a lot and don't get the chance to connect things chronologicly. So, I could really use some help with that. You know... Start here, then, next and so on.

I know what I want to do right now and I should've stated my plans in the original post, so here I go.

Present Goals

1. Get the engine and trans installed.
2. Work out all the kinks and gremlins
3. Get the rusty areas under control and be able to take her for a spin once in a while until the weather gets bad.

Once I've had a chance to build up some more savings then I want to go bigger and better! Future plans might include a 6.0 and a supercharger and suspension upgrades! One long term goal is to take it on the Hotrod Power Tour when its all said and done!

Once again, thanks guys I really appreciate your help. And feel free to just post a link to a thread if I ask any questions that you don't want to explain in detail.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:08 AM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: Camaro
Engine: 6.2L

Nice! Sounds like a great project. I too would bail on the T5 but I tend to find weak links faster than most

Its good to get the platform swapped over, thats the REAL challenge. once thats done modding for power is easy so id focus on that as you have mentioned you are first and get it up and running and whatnot ( unless you have ample budget then go for the gusto )

Even a stockish 5.3 with a good tune is plenty of snort to have fun with. If you want to go super low buck try the LS6 cam or possibly even the LS9 cam ( both can be had for around a hundred bucks ) Yellow ZO6 valve springs and a tune. That will make one fun, fast, economical build there but it will break that T5 if you beat it hard. Its a big step in cost to go t56 so you really need to decide now on that one.... It would be a shame to spend money on T5 conversion parts and be limited to stockish power levels
Old 06-28-2013, 11:45 AM
Supreme Member

Yea OP is looking for t56 over on ls1tech

I agree with you cam- that would be s fun budget build and will manage to get close to 30 mpg on a t56 and good tune of course

Well help me keep me on track was to create a checklist on a excel sheet of all the things I need for swap to get up and running ..then just check off once you buy parts that help me stay on track it also include s a list of check offs for the actual swap like complete wiring etc etc
Old 06-28-2013, 12:20 PM
Supreme Member

Car: '86 Camaro, '94 Camaro, 3 others
Engine: LG4 ->L29, L32->LR4, L36, LG4, L31
Transmission: 700R-4, T5WC, 4L80E, SM465, 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 3.42, 3.23, WTB/WTT 2.93

Originally Posted by Zach/90\irocZ
List the goals you want . Then research combos that will get you there ..the research the parts you want .. no 2 build are the same .. research some more then start buying parts
I thought this was good advice, but what if the goal is simply to discover what results come from an assembly of desired parts? The caveat is having to presearch the parts compatibility.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:56 PM
Supreme Member

You are right.. if you want to discover what a part does to you specific combo then by all means go ahead .. But keep in mind that almost everything that you prob thought most then likely has been done ..due to the fact lsx engines been around for awhile. So if your goal is to discover how it works for your setup. it most then likely already has been tried and tested so why spend $$ to figure out what you already know or can find out

thats why I said research combos that will help you get to your goals.. so you can see what parts you might need or desire. Then Research parts you want to get ....So you can buy parts that work together in harmony to reach you desired goals

and no 2 combos are the same there are different avenues of approach to reach those goals some are more or less aggressive and more or less involved.. there are many variables to that like car setup, driving style and personal preference etc

So same thing I said just longer version lol

Originally Posted by cosmick
I thought this was good advice, but what if the goal is simply to discover what results come from an assembly of desired parts? The caveat is having to presearch the parts compatibility.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:19 PM
Supreme Member

Not to threadjack, but if you're referring to something common like an LS6 cam or even a TSP220 in a 5.3, for example, then yes, I agree it's been done.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:53 PM

Ok fellas, you've peaked my interest! Let's say I did go for the LS6 intake and cam with the Z06 springs. What's the best ball park estimate on horsepower and torque? Also, will a stock posi IROC rear survive it? It an 86.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:39 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by cosmick
Not to threadjack, but if you're referring to something common like an LS6 cam or even a TSP220 in a 5.3, for example, then yes, I agree it's been done.
Lol..Ok .......I Guess

Originally Posted by Joe_Camaro
Ok fellas, you've peaked my interest! Let's say I did go for the LS6 intake and cam with the Z06 springs. What's the best ball park estimate on horsepower and torque? Also, will a stock posi IROC rear survive it? It an 86.
Depending on tune and if you do anything to heads and exhaust setup

Conservative 280-300ish hp around to the ground that's enough to get in to the 12s with right suspension and tires

3rd gens have a weight advantage over 4th gen IIRC 200-300 lbs

10 bolt on street tires your tires will break loose before your 10 bolt breaks but even then there still the possiblity ..if you plan to run slicks or sticky tires then your 10 bolt won't last long with hard launches.. You can weld axle tubes , get a girdle and convert to 28 spline axle IIRC 90+ had 28 spline FYI that's the cheap way .. And pray it holds especially with higher power levels and sticky tires other options are 9 bolt, 12 bolt or 9 inch it's up too on what you want and what you going to do ..

Cheap, Fast, Reliable ..Pick Two
Old 06-29-2013, 01:09 AM

Car: 86 Iroc-Z28
Engine: 5.3
Transmission: 4l60

I guess you would like to know a little about the car too, huh?

1986 IROC-Z28
Disc Brakes all around
Posi rear w\ 3.73 gears
Perimeter style weld in sub frame connectors
She was converted to a 5-speed car by the previous owner
Over all in great shape!
There are minor rust spots where the ground F/X mount to the body and in a couple other places but only surface rust!!!
Here is a pic of her as she was delivered a couple of weeks ago. The rest of her is in the garage.
Nice car I to am doing a 5.3 t56 86 iroc looks like you have a good start for my motor build is ls6 valve springs, pushrods, intake and a texas speed cam got any other plans with with the car while you got the motor out?

Well help me keep me on track was to create a checklist on a excel sheet of all the things I need for swap to get up and running ..then just check off once you buy parts that help me stay on track it also include s a list of check offs for the actual swap like complete wiring etc etc
This has saved me many headaches every time I go to a salvage yard I forget what I want/need get to easily distracted on other parts I find I just enter in what I need in the notes app on my iphone
Old 06-29-2013, 01:11 AM

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts
Car: 82 Berlinetta/57 Bel Air
Engine: LS1/LQ4
Transmission: 4L60E/4L80E
Axle/Gears: 12B-3.73/9"-3.89
My all-the-right-things-done-to-it 10-bolt behind a stock LS1/T56 with small DOT slicks lasted 2 launches. And it probably went 2 because the 1st launch was a low-RPM all-bog affair.

Don't forget the Strange S60. Probably the best deal for a tough rear out there.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:37 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by 86_irocz-28
Nice car I to am doing a 5.3 t56 86 iroc looks like you have a good start for my motor build is ls6 valve springs, pushrods, intake and a texas speed cam got any other plans with with the car while you got the motor out?

This has saved me many headaches every time I go to a salvage yard I forget what I want/need get to easily distracted on other parts I find I just enter in what I need in the notes app on my iphone
I too get distracted all the time at junk yard lol especially when I actually find something good ..

Originally Posted by five7kid
My all-the-right-things-done-to-it 10-bolt behind a stock LS1/T56 with small DOT slicks lasted 2 launches. And it probably went 2 because the 1st launch was a low-RPM all-bog affair.

Don't forget the Strange S60. Probably the best deal for a tough rear out there.
Lol I like how you put that
Old 06-29-2013, 10:07 AM

Good stuff guys! I do the excel thing, its just somtimes I skip a step cause I didn't realize that it needed to be done or forgot it needed to be done first.

I think we all get distracted when we catch that "shiny object" out of the corner of our eye. It tends to jack my whole mission most times! LOL! I waste lots of gas and time running back to the store for the sh*t I forgot and then by time I finally get it all home, I'm to p*ssed to want to get anything done for the day!
Old 06-29-2013, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by 86_irocz-28
Thanks, I just bought it a couple of weeks ago! I was starting this build with my '91 RS but it needed a lot to get it in the same shape as this IROC. I paid $1900 for it as a roller. I think I might have saved myself some money and definitely a lot of time and effort in the long run. The only plans for the car with the motor out is to pull the K-member to modify, degrease and clean, and coat it with POR-15. I'll contain the minor rust spots in and on the body but thats about it for now.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:25 AM
Supreme Member

Let the work begin ..lol
Old 06-29-2013, 08:42 PM

Can anyone give me a COMPLETE list of parts I'll need to aquire for a full T56 swap? Also, do any of those parts have any interchangability with other vehicals?
Old 06-29-2013, 09:15 PM
Supreme Member

I too get distracted all the time at junk yard lol especially when I actually find something good ..
Far too many times I've spent every penny I had with me on something entirely different from what I went for. Sometimes even trading tools against the price when I didn't take enough funds. And it is usually stuff I never expect to find in such yards.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:52 PM
Supreme Member

Can anyone give me a COMPLETE list of parts I'll need to aquire for a full T56 swap? Also, do any of those parts have any interchangability with other vehicals?
Best bet is to get a f body ls1 t56
Lt1 t56 and ls1 t56 have interchange parts so you can retro fit a lt1 t56 into a ls1 t56

4th gen pedals .. You can use 3rd gen pedals but clutch sits higher up unless you modify or get a ticks adjustable master cyl. Or modify 3rd gen pedal
LS1 T56 complete with " torque arm mount " .. Can use your trans mount IIRC
T56 swap x member from hawks
Ls1 Master cylinder/ slave for t56 if it didn't include it
Sgi 5c box
Starter idk if starter is different from auto vs manual starter I know with the lt1 t56 auto and manual starter where slightly different

That's all I can remember from top of my head

Most of the work is already done sine your is already a manual so it's pretty much a straight forward thing
Old 06-30-2013, 12:00 AM

The LT1 T56 needs to be significantly modified in order to work with an LS engine. By the time you're done, you'll not have much left of the LT1 stuff and most likely will have spent more than had you just gotten all the LS1 stuff.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:29 AM
Supreme Member

-Trans
-bellhousing
-crossmember
-torque arm mount
-clutch pedals ( prefer third gen versions myself )
-pilot bearing
-Flywheel & clutch assembly
-Throw out bearing ( slave coupled device )
-Master cyl, line and reservoir. If line is new do the drill mod *search it*
-shifter
-Shift ****
-VSS plug
-Reverse light plug
-Reverse lockout solenoid plug
-T5 shift boot cover
-ATF fluid. Dexron3 non syn works best imo
-Bolts for all
Old 06-30-2013, 11:15 AM

Any other gm vehicles that have the same trans parts?
Old 06-30-2013, 11:24 AM
Supreme Member

The t56 case and internals are pretty much the same across the board regardless of OEM application. So the Viper, Mustang, Corvette, GTO etc, t56 main case and guts are pretty much identical save for a few pieces here and there and some ratio differences etc.

In the GM applications the tail housing is wildly different in each application however. Easiest fitment for third gen swaps BY FAR is the 98+ 4th gen f body t56, as any other model will require at minimum a new tail housing and/or input/output shafts as well. So by the time you buy those parts and do the swap work as five7 mentioned? Your better off just getting an LS style f-body one from the start. Viper or Mustang units require even more mods to work behind an LS so not really worthwhile unless the price is ridiculously low to compensate or you want the beef of the Viper shafts which can be retrofitted into F-body units as well.

You can also now buy the TR6060 prepped to go as a fourth gen LS refit which is a beefier variant of the t56, but it's pricey so far, and does lose out on some aspects over the original t56. Tick performance sells them ready up to go
Old 06-30-2013, 04:28 PM

Ok, how about the all of the ancillary parts that make the trans work? Can any of it come from any other vehicles?
Old 06-30-2013, 04:48 PM
Supreme Member

The LT1 T56 needs to be significantly modified in order to work with an LS engine. By the time you're done, you'll not have much left of the LT1 stuff and most likely will have spent more than had you just gotten all the LS1 stuff.
I agree 100% ... best bet is Ls 1 t56 ... just throwing out options out there. If he was to find dirt cheap lt1 t56 .. I know a guy that does swaps and can get lt1 t56 for around below 600 to bad I lost his number when phone broke lol

Originally Posted by cam-
-Trans
-bellhousing
-crossmember
-torque arm mount
-clutch pedals ( prefer third gen versions myself )
-pilot bearing
-Flywheel & clutch assembly
-Throw out bearing ( slave coupled device )
-Master cyl, line and reservoir. If line is new do the drill mod *search it*
-shifter
-Shift ****
-VSS plug
-Reverse light plug
-Reverse lockout solenoid plug
-T5 shift boot cover
-ATF fluid. Dexron3 non syn works best imo
-Bolts for all

Yea the bolts are important lol make sur you get correct length also

Agree with the non syn .. Synthetic or high mileage makes feel a tad more positive feeling or notchyness I guess the best words are

Ok, how about the all of the ancillary parts that make the trans work? Can any of it come from any other vehicles?
Keep it simple get a f body ls1 t56 and get the most complete one as some just the trans watch out and be specific.on what comes with it .. The more complete the less part searching you have to do

No need to make things difficult on yourself
Old 07-01-2013, 08:36 PM

So, I've been doing research on LS6 stuff to find out what part numbers I need to look for. While looking for a complete front accessory drive setup I came across a 2001 Corvette LS1 drop out, that's for parts. (It's en route, BTW) So, my question is, does anyone know if that engine came with the LS6 intake? From what I've read, it should. How about the cam? Would it be better than the LS1 cam out of the f-body cars? Also, it has the 241 heads on it. Should I use them instead of the LM7 heads?
Old 07-02-2013, 10:57 AM
Supreme Member

LM7 heads > 241 heads. Only way to know for sure if its an LS6 intake is to check the part number. The bottom is also flat for LS6 intake vs curvy for LS1 but PN search is so easy....
Old 07-02-2013, 12:56 PM
Supreme Member

Ls6 doesnt have egr port also

iirc they should have ls6 intake unlesd its a early 01
the z06 had the ls6 engine while base has ls1 im not sure I now that f body 01-02 had the ls6 ..so theres a good possibility of having ls6 intake

for cam It depends if its a z06 or base model corvette

Heres some of the same info I had saved up

Stock '97-'99 LS1 --- 202/210 -- 472/479 ----------- 117Stock
'00-'02 LS1 -- 198/208 -- 500/500 ----------- 115.5Stock
'01 Z06 ------ 204/211 -- 525/525 ----------- 116Stock
'02/3 Z06 ----- 204/218 -- 551/547 ----------- 117.5

good head flow stuff idk know the accuracy but seems close

http://houstonperformancetrucks.com/...h-flow-numbers

for lm7 vs ls1 heads
the both flow the same ..but lm7 aka 862 IIRC.. will increase your CR due to its smaller chamber ..you can mill 241 heads to do that ..assuming PTV is good .. and both can be ported to flow pretty dame good
Old 07-02-2013, 02:21 PM

Don't let the lack of the EGR port fool you into thinking it's an LS6 intake. The early Vette LS1s didn't have the EGR port.

Go by the p/n. Other than Vettes, LS6 intake was used on '01-'02 f-bodies, '04 GTO, some Escalades.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:51 PM

Ls6 doesnt have egr port also

iirc they should have ls6 intake unlesd its a early 01
the z06 had the ls6 engine while base has ls1 im not sure I now that f body 01-02 had the ls6 ..so theres a good possibility of having ls6 intake

for cam It depends if its a z06 or base model corvette

Heres some of the same info I had saved up

Stock '97-'99 LS1 --- 202/210 -- 472/479 ----------- 117Stock
'00-'02 LS1 -- 198/208 -- 500/500 ----------- 115.5Stock
'01 Z06 ------ 204/211 -- 525/525 ----------- 116Stock
'02/3 Z06 ----- 204/218 -- 551/547 ----------- 117.5

good head flow stuff idk know the accuracy but seems close

http://houstonperformancetrucks.com/...h-flow-numbers

for lm7 vs ls1 heads
the both flow the same ..but lm7 aka 862 IIRC.. will increase your CR due to its smaller chamber ..you can mill 241 heads to do that ..assuming PTV is good .. and both can be ported to flow pretty dame good
Thanks for the cam specs! If I remember correctly, short duration, high lift will give more torque, right?

Don't let the lack of the EGR port fool you into thinking it's an LS6 intake. The early Vette LS1s didn't have the EGR port.

Go by the p/n. Other than Vettes, LS6 intake was used on '01-'02 f-bodies, '04 GTO, some Escalades.
I with you on checking the p/n. I don't trust it when somebody just says or the engine is to have it.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:54 PM

Got an update, and I think I've decided on a plan for the engine. Give me pros and cons and anything else you all might think of. Keep in mind that I'm not going wild with this build. This line-up of parts is what I have to work with...

Complete LM7 minus accessories
2001 Corvette LS1 Drop Out (locked up for parts only)
F-body Oil Pan
01-02 F-body Exhaust Manifolds

Here's what I've come up with...

Stock 2001 LM7
F-body Oil Pan
01-02 F-body exhaust Manifolds
2001 Corvette Intake and Fuel Rails(LS6)
2001 Corvette LS1 Cam
LM7 Throttle Body
LM7 Injectors
2001 Corvette LS1 Accessory Drive setup

Thoughts?
Old 07-19-2013, 10:59 PM
Supreme Member

It'll perform good on a budget for sure but do yourself a BIG favor, get the LS6 ( ver2 ) or the LS9 cam for the 90 bucks it costs and enjoy the extra 20-30hp over the stock LS1 cam. Well worth the scratch. throw some new ZO6 valve springs at it too and if the mileage of the 5.3 is over 175k? Trunion upgrade and new lifters as well. Thing will last for another 175 most likely if you do that
Old 07-19-2013, 11:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Car: 1986 chevy camaro z28 coupe
Engine: crate 355
Transmission: 700r
Axle/Gears: 3.42

ditch the rims, fix the exhaust its rusty, tint the windows, give it a stance and work on gas mileage.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:25 AM

Car: 86 Iroc-Z28
Engine: 5.3
Transmission: 4l60

Any progress pics??
Old 07-22-2013, 06:35 PM

better check on the injectors. not sure on all truck injectors, but i know most of them were the later style like on the ls2 engines.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by STREETDEMON
better check on the injectors. not sure on all truck injectors, but i know most of them were the later style like on the ls2 engines.
The only reason I'm using the truck injectors is, I'm using a modified truck harness. As far as I can tell they will work with a car intake its just the difference in connectors. Can anyone confirm?
Old 07-22-2013, 07:15 PM

i believe it has to do with proper length and getting the o-rings to seal.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:19 PM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 86 Firebird
Engine: 305 SBC
Transmission: 700 R4 TCI
Axle/Gears: 3.42

I would get the motor in and running with a set of headers and go from there after you had a chance to drive it a while.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:54 PM

Help! Gotta problem with the trans crossmember mounting holes. The threads are stripped and I have no idea how to go about fixing them. Anybody ever encountered this and how did you fix it?
Old 12-03-2013, 01:10 PM
Supreme Member

Yep its very common actually. The slugs you thread into are aluminum and if you look at those bolts carefully they are triangular, not round, a sort of almost thread your own type bolt.

I drill 23/64" and tap all of mine to 7/16" and use grade 8 bolts. Works like a charm dont panic

P.S. you use varsol as a cutting/tapping fluid for aluminum
Old 12-03-2013, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by cam-
Yep its very common actually. The slugs you thread into are aluminum and if you look at those bolts carefully they are triangular, not round, a sort of almost thread your own type bolt.

I drill 23/64" and tap all of mine to 7/16" and use grade 8 bolts. Works like a charm dont panic

P.S. you use varsol as a cutting/tapping fluid for aluminum
Thanks Cam, thought that was gonna be a lot more involved.
Old 12-25-2013, 02:33 PM

In an effort to understand how the wiring goes together I was wondering if anyone had any good material or links that show how all of the gauges are wired and how the sensors interact with all of the gauges. I'd like to understand basically which connections are input sandwich connections are outputs.
Old 12-25-2013, 02:35 PM

Sandwich was supposed to be inputs and which... Lol
Old 01-13-2014, 12:51 PM

Car: 2000 Camaro SS/86 Iroc/89 Iroc(x2)
Engine: LS1
Transmission: 6 Speed
Axle/Gears: 4.10

Definitely go with the LS6 cam or bigger. I went with the LS6 cam in my 5.3 and I love it, now I'm just looking for more power though.