LTX and LSX Putting LT1s, LS1s, and their variants into Third Gens is becoming more popular. This board is for those who are doing and have done the swaps so they can discuss all of their technical aspects including repairs, swap info, and performance upgrades.

Cheap way to use LT1 stock fuel lines?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 91 Z28
Engine: 350ci "fastburn 385"
Transmission: T56 / Quartermaster clutch
Axle/Gears: 9", 4.11, Auburn Posi
Cheap way to use LT1 stock fuel lines?

I just ran into a couple fittings on the OReilly website that look promising.

Adapters to go from 3/8 nylon line to 16mm O ring and 5/16 to 14 mm O ring.

Thus, you could presumably use these to go from the factory LT1 nylon lines straight over to the O ring hard lines on the chassis with just these adapters.

I hadn't seen anyone posting about these before. Together they are about 18 bucks. I have a long section of line I cut from the donor car, so I'm gonna give these a try I think.

Part number is 800-078 and 800-079.

Anyone tried this? Did it work? Seems like it should. Will give as much factory look as possible, but more than that it's dirt cheap and should be safe.

Old 02-01-2017, 10:26 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Cheap way to use LT1 stock fuel lines?

Try it and post photos. I'm interested in this.
Old 02-19-2017, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 91 Z28
Engine: 350ci "fastburn 385"
Transmission: T56 / Quartermaster clutch
Axle/Gears: 9", 4.11, Auburn Posi
Re: Cheap way to use LT1 stock fuel lines?

I have an update to offer regarding these fittings.

In short, they do work, and look pretty good as far as a factory look goes.

HOWEVER- they do not work unless you modify them. SO - be aware that you are fooling with fuel fittings, and modifying them is not likely recommended.

Of course, I don't listen. . . .

The mods are as follows:
You need to drill the area where the O ring seats to match the size of the rubber lines that you are removing. My car had two high pressure rubber lines - so match the drill bit to the o ring seating area in there.

Using those drills sizes you just identified, drill the new fittings the same depth as they are made. You are just drilling about 3/16" deep or so - don't make the hole deeper, you are just making the diameter larger so the O rings will go in and seal.

Once that's done, I went ahead and drilled the ID out for a little better fuel flow. I think I went up 1/32 or so. These fittings just looked like they would be a flow restriction.

So with that said, they do work OK, just not ideal unless you have a drill press and a little time to devote to it.

It's a cost effective way to go, but I believe there are "better" ways to go if you don't mind spending a little more cash.