Nebraska people! - Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Northern Great Plains and Rocky Mountain Regional Board for Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska, Utah, Wyoming, Montana and the Dakotas.

Nebraska people!

Old 06-11-2010, 01:33 PM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
91350rs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Byron, Illinois
Posts: 159
Car: 91 camaro RS
Engine: superchargered 350
Transmission: t56
Axle/Gears: 4.10
Nebraska people!

I'm stuck in nebraska this summer doing a internship and i'm living in Omaha. where you thirdgen guys at?
91350rs is offline  
Old 06-25-2010, 12:06 AM
  #2  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Omaha, Ne
Posts: 6
Car: I used to drive a 90' Formula
Engine: Had a 355tbi
Transmission: Had a 700R4
Axle/Gears: Had 2.73
Re: Nebraska people!

Only one guy huh.......well i am a thirdgen guy living in omaha as well....but i dont have my car anymore but im looking to get a new one within the next year......im surprised there isn't more.....
formula_man is offline  
Old 06-25-2010, 11:39 AM
  #3  
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
91350rs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Byron, Illinois
Posts: 159
Car: 91 camaro RS
Engine: superchargered 350
Transmission: t56
Axle/Gears: 4.10
Re: Nebraska people!

Originally Posted by formula_man View Post
Only one guy huh.......well i am a thirdgen guy living in omaha as well....but i dont have my car anymore but im looking to get a new one within the next year......im surprised there isn't more.....

Yeah i was hoping there'd be a few of you guys. what part of omaha you in?
91350rs is offline  
Old 06-25-2010, 11:52 AM
  #4  
Supreme Member
iTrader: (10)
 
86NiteRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Somewhere around the South Side of Chicago just crusin' in one of the Niteriders
Posts: 3,233
Car: 92RS 25th Anniv./88 IROC Z28 Vert
Engine: 305 TBI w/Tpi Air / 305 TPI
Transmission: 700r4/700r4
Axle/Gears: Posi
Re: Nebraska people!

Originally Posted by 91350rs View Post
Yeah i was hoping there'd be a few of you guys. what part of omaha you in?
My son has been driving my IROC vert this past month all over Omaha. He is a student at UNO. He came home Memorial Day and left his Grand Prix here for me to fix and took the 88 IROC back. I think he wanted to show off at the college World Series but its cool. He All American'd for the second time on UNO national champion wrestling team so letting him take the car was a reward of sorts. However on June 30 the vert returns to Illinois and he is back in the GP. He is buying a 4th gen z28 for cheap I think. He has told me he does not see many clean thirdgens there in Omaha and he has been there 4 years.
86NiteRider is offline  
Old 06-25-2010, 12:47 PM
  #5  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Omaha, Ne
Posts: 6
Car: I used to drive a 90' Formula
Engine: Had a 355tbi
Transmission: Had a 700R4
Axle/Gears: Had 2.73
Re: Nebraska people!

im around the village point area in west omaha....and that's awesome nightrider i wish i would of continued wrestling after high school but i really wanted to get into auto school, i've heard quite a bit about UNO's wrestling squad we went and watched the hawkeyes when they came to UNO.... and he's right there isn't alot of clean ones around, mostly really bad ones, but hopefully when i get mine this next year there will be one more nice one....i've been on this site since 2004 but after i sold my car i lost interest for awhile then i rejoined in 08 i was formaly known as themachinist

Last edited by formula_man; 06-25-2010 at 12:53 PM.
formula_man is offline  
Old 06-25-2010, 01:27 PM
  #6  
Supreme Member
iTrader: (10)
 
86NiteRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Somewhere around the South Side of Chicago just crusin' in one of the Niteriders
Posts: 3,233
Car: 92RS 25th Anniv./88 IROC Z28 Vert
Engine: 305 TBI w/Tpi Air / 305 TPI
Transmission: 700r4/700r4
Axle/Gears: Posi
Re: Nebraska people!

He lives around 72nd and Dodge, about 5 mins from the campus. Here is the car if you see him around give him a shout. I texted him about this thread. He was going to buy a thirdgen in the Nebraska area but they were all garbage. Not one nice one.

Here is the car if you see it but he will be bringing it home June 30th.

Last edited by 86NiteRider; 06-26-2010 at 01:53 AM.
86NiteRider is offline  
Old 06-25-2010, 01:41 PM
  #7  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Omaha, Ne
Posts: 6
Car: I used to drive a 90' Formula
Engine: Had a 355tbi
Transmission: Had a 700R4
Axle/Gears: Had 2.73
Re: Nebraska people!

actually i think i have seen that black vert in town i go buy that area quite a bit, and yea like i said there isn't hardly any good ones, I've also had a hard time finding one worth what they have been asking.
formula_man is offline  
Old 06-26-2010, 11:46 PM
  #8  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Omaha, Ne
Posts: 6
Car: I used to drive a 90' Formula
Engine: Had a 355tbi
Transmission: Had a 700R4
Axle/Gears: Had 2.73
Re: Nebraska people!

so was driving home tonight way out west and got to see two to really nice camaro verts, one white one and a red one, both had real nice rims and what looked like non stock paint.....nice to some come out at night...
formula_man is offline  
Old 06-29-2010, 10:36 PM
  #9  
Junior Member
 
9911UZ28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Crofton, Nebraksa
Posts: 7
Car: 99 Z28 and 89 RS
Engine: LS1 and 350
Transmission: 4L60E and T350
Axle/Gears: 2.73 and 3.42
Re: Nebraska people!

I just bought my son a 89 that we are going to do as a project together. Going down to Omaha saturday to haul it home. A unmolested 89 RS with a bad V6. Going to do the V8 Swap.

Last edited by 9911UZ28; 06-30-2010 at 04:51 PM.
9911UZ28 is offline  
Old 06-30-2010, 09:13 AM
  #10  
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
91350rs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Byron, Illinois
Posts: 159
Car: 91 camaro RS
Engine: superchargered 350
Transmission: t56
Axle/Gears: 4.10
Re: Nebraska people!

Originally Posted by 86NiteRider View Post
He lives around 72nd and Dodge, about 5 mins from the campus. Here is the car if you see him around give him a shout. I texted him about this thread. He was going to buy a thirdgen in the Nebraska area but they were all garbage. Not one nice one.

Here is the car if you see it but he will be bringing it home June 30th.

I'm staying near 20th and dodge in one of the college's dorms. I definately haven't seen that car, all the ones i've seen have made me wanna look the other way
91350rs is offline  
Old 07-01-2010, 09:08 AM
  #11  
Supreme Member
iTrader: (10)
 
86NiteRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Somewhere around the South Side of Chicago just crusin' in one of the Niteriders
Posts: 3,233
Car: 92RS 25th Anniv./88 IROC Z28 Vert
Engine: 305 TBI w/Tpi Air / 305 TPI
Transmission: 700r4/700r4
Axle/Gears: Posi
Re: Nebraska people!

Originally Posted by 91350rs View Post
I'm staying near 20th and dodge in one of the college's dorms. I definately haven't seen that car, all the ones i've seen have made me wanna look the other way
Well he drove her home to Illinois as of 3:00 yesterday. One less thirdgen in Nebraska and one more in Illinois...lol.

20th & Dodge...Creighton? He goes to UNO.

Last edited by 86NiteRider; 07-02-2010 at 06:13 AM.
86NiteRider is offline  
Old 07-01-2010, 12:35 PM
  #12  
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
91350rs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Byron, Illinois
Posts: 159
Car: 91 camaro RS
Engine: superchargered 350
Transmission: t56
Axle/Gears: 4.10
Re: Nebraska people!

Originally Posted by 86NiteRider View Post
Well he drove her home to Illinois as of 3:00 yesterday. One less thirdgen in Nebraska nad one more in Illinois...lol.

20th & Dodge...Creighton? He goes to UNO.

Yep Creighton... I'm stayin in there dorms while I work at the Fort Calhoun nuke station. They set it up for me to stay here. I don't have my car with me here right now but hoping to before summers over
91350rs is offline  
Old 07-06-2010, 06:00 AM
  #13  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 4
Car: 1985 Camaro Z28
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: 700r4
Re: Nebraska people!

My son is driving his dark blue 85Z28 all over Bellevue, just south of Omaha for those unfamiliar.

See ya at the Offutt show July 10th
Son's 1st - 85Z is offline  
Old 07-06-2010, 01:45 PM
  #14  
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
91350rs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Byron, Illinois
Posts: 159
Car: 91 camaro RS
Engine: superchargered 350
Transmission: t56
Axle/Gears: 4.10
Re: Nebraska people!

Originally Posted by Son's 1st - 85Z View Post
My son is driving his dark blue 85Z28 all over Bellevue, just south of Omaha for those unfamiliar.

See ya at the Offutt show July 10th

More details on the show please
91350rs is offline  
Old 07-07-2010, 03:15 AM
  #15  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 4
Car: 1985 Camaro Z28
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: 700r4
Re: Nebraska people!

First Annual 45 RS
Classic Car & Bike Show
Open to all members on base
10 July 2010
1000 until 1400
Washington Square, Offutt AFB


You will need base access. Military ID of some kind.
Son's 1st - 85Z is offline  
Old 07-12-2010, 04:37 AM
  #16  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 4
Car: 1985 Camaro Z28
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: 700r4
Re: Nebraska people!

Originally Posted by Son's 1st - 85Z View Post
First Annual 45 RS


Classic Car & Bike Show
Open to all members on base
10 July 2010
1000 until 1400
Washington Square, Offutt AFB



You will need base access. Military ID of some kind.
I was given some bad info . . .

Actual date is 17 July . . .

and I'll be out of town then
Son's 1st - 85Z is offline  
Old 07-27-2010, 01:08 AM
  #17  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 138
Car: 1988 Camaro IROC T-Top
Engine: 350ci TPI
Transmission: TH-350
Axle/Gears: 4.11 Posi
Re: Nebraska people!

Hey I'm from Omaha as well. My ThirdGen is an '88, was at some point the v6, is now a 356? 350 30 over... carb.

Its just about done being reassembled and will then be hopefully given an assembled title since its original is looong gone.
I put an eaton posi in but without having driven it around to mix the fluids up it has a interesting popping sound that I hope is just posi trac pop, but I'm sure I'll find out really fast.. :*(

I'm also a DSMer and thats my DD.

Last edited by Zipacna; 10-26-2010 at 10:48 PM.
Zipacna is offline  
Old 08-19-2010, 11:42 PM
  #18  
Junior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lincoln Nebraska
Posts: 71
Car: 86 Z28, 86 Seville, 98 Isuzu Rodeo
Engine: 383, HT4100, & 3.2 V6
Transmission: World Class T-5
Axle/Gears: G92 3.23
Re: Nebraska people!

I'm in Lincoln, mine isn't really on the road that much. but I just got a WC T5 to swap out my automatic doing some modifications to it again. Hopefully it will handle the TPI 383!

I got my 86 in 2001, and at that time there were some thirdgen's on the road, some of them were daily drivers. Anymore though, they're few and far between, at least in Lincoln. I did see a pretty worn out 82-84 base body style one with some young kids in it today.
Attached Thumbnails Nebraska people!-camaro-86.jpg  

Last edited by ht4100; 08-19-2010 at 11:55 PM.
ht4100 is offline  
Old 08-20-2010, 10:31 PM
  #19  
Supreme Member
iTrader: (1)
 
'87IROCZOWNER69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 1,088
Car: 1987 IROC-Z, 98 GTP, 00 Intrepid
Engine: 5.7 350 V8, 3.8 SC, and 3.5 HO swap
Transmission: 700R4 Automatic Transmission
Axle/Gears: 3.27 Posi
Re: Nebraska people!

Im from Omaha but I live up in the 108th and Q area.
'87IROCZOWNER69 is offline  
Old 09-07-2010, 07:33 PM
  #20  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 138
Car: 1988 Camaro IROC T-Top
Engine: 350ci TPI
Transmission: TH-350
Axle/Gears: 4.11 Posi
Re: Nebraska people!

Originally Posted by '87IROCZOWNER69 View Post
Im from Omaha but I live up in the 108th and Q area.
Thats near me, but I don't think I've ever seen you. I've seen several black primer third gens. One was a 83-84 style
Zipacna is offline  
Old 09-07-2010, 07:46 PM
  #21  
Supreme Member
iTrader: (1)
 
'87IROCZOWNER69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 1,088
Car: 1987 IROC-Z, 98 GTP, 00 Intrepid
Engine: 5.7 350 V8, 3.8 SC, and 3.5 HO swap
Transmission: 700R4 Automatic Transmission
Axle/Gears: 3.27 Posi
Re: Nebraska people!

Originally Posted by Zipacna View Post
Thats near me, but I don't think I've ever seen you. I've seen several black primer third gens. One was a 83-84 style
Thats all I have ever seen too! What does yours look like? Have any pictures?
'87IROCZOWNER69 is offline  
Old 09-07-2010, 08:27 PM
  #22  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 138
Car: 1988 Camaro IROC T-Top
Engine: 350ci TPI
Transmission: TH-350
Axle/Gears: 4.11 Posi
Re: Nebraska people!

Originally Posted by '87IROCZOWNER69 View Post
Thats all I have ever seen too! What does yours look like? Have any pictures?

Uhh I have like 2 pictures on my blog. The car is unpainted, but just about fully assembled. Mine will be on the street next summer most likely. Its going to be deep metallic blue.

The blog is 88iroc383.blogspot.com (it was a v6 originally)

I know who bought the orange 4th gen Firebird from that dealership near 120th and Q too. Like 114th?

I'm going to take some better pics tonight for my insurance agent and I'll put those up on here.

Edit!!: There is also a primer gray TA like '87 I think...That thing belongs to a friend of mine and is pretty darn quick. He lives further out west.

Last edited by Zipacna; 09-07-2010 at 08:44 PM.
Zipacna is offline  
Old 09-08-2010, 10:49 PM
  #23  
Supreme Member
iTrader: (1)
 
'87IROCZOWNER69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 1,088
Car: 1987 IROC-Z, 98 GTP, 00 Intrepid
Engine: 5.7 350 V8, 3.8 SC, and 3.5 HO swap
Transmission: 700R4 Automatic Transmission
Axle/Gears: 3.27 Posi
Re: Nebraska people!

Yeah that dealership that used to be that barbeque joint next to that Enterprise that was a gas station? I drive by there almost every day. So as for right now you have one of those primer black (or gray) Camaros too? So I guess it is safe to say that I wont be able to tell if I see you because you wont be driving your camaro til next year? I was looking forward to seeing a member of this site on the street!
'87IROCZOWNER69 is offline  
Old 09-08-2010, 11:04 PM
  #24  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 138
Car: 1988 Camaro IROC T-Top
Engine: 350ci TPI
Transmission: TH-350
Axle/Gears: 4.11 Posi
Re: Nebraska people!

Originally Posted by '87IROCZOWNER69 View Post
Yeah that dealership that used to be that barbeque joint next to that Enterprise that was a gas station? I drive by there almost every day. So as for right now you have one of those primer black (or gray) Camaros too? So I guess it is safe to say that I wont be able to tell if I see you because you wont be driving your camaro til next year? I was looking forward to seeing a member of this site on the street!
Well I have a '91 Talon thats on the road. lol

My car will be painted next spring. Thats the soonest it will be on the street. May be at MAM this fall.

Still need to get those pictures..I have bad memory. I updated the blog today though with fuel cell install.
Zipacna is offline  
Old 09-08-2010, 11:08 PM
  #25  
Supreme Member
iTrader: (1)
 
'87IROCZOWNER69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 1,088
Car: 1987 IROC-Z, 98 GTP, 00 Intrepid
Engine: 5.7 350 V8, 3.8 SC, and 3.5 HO swap
Transmission: 700R4 Automatic Transmission
Axle/Gears: 3.27 Posi
Re: Nebraska people!

Originally Posted by Zipacna View Post
Well I have a '91 Talon thats on the road. lol

My car will be painted next spring. Thats the soonest it will be on the street. May be at MAM this fall.

Still need to get those pictures..I have bad memory. I updated the blog today though with fuel cell install.
MAM? An Eagle Talon? Sweeet!!!! You just dont see many of those any more! Atleast it is still a sports car you could be driving a minivan.
'87IROCZOWNER69 is offline  
Old 09-08-2010, 11:20 PM
  #26  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 138
Car: 1988 Camaro IROC T-Top
Engine: 350ci TPI
Transmission: TH-350
Axle/Gears: 4.11 Posi
Re: Nebraska people!

Originally Posted by '87IROCZOWNER69 View Post
MAM? An Eagle Talon? Sweeet!!!! You just dont see many of those any more! Atleast it is still a sports car you could be driving a minivan.
Mid america motorplex in IA near glenwood? Look that up for sure.

yeah its a '91 with 93k on it. It has a few bolt ons so its about the speed of an Iroc.. faster than mustang GTs and stuff. No match for my own third gen though haha.

Last edited by Zipacna; 09-08-2010 at 11:20 PM. Reason: AWD rocks in the winter though.
Zipacna is offline  
Old 09-14-2010, 08:37 PM
  #27  
Supreme Member
iTrader: (1)
 
'87IROCZOWNER69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 1,088
Car: 1987 IROC-Z, 98 GTP, 00 Intrepid
Engine: 5.7 350 V8, 3.8 SC, and 3.5 HO swap
Transmission: 700R4 Automatic Transmission
Axle/Gears: 3.27 Posi
Re: Nebraska people!

Driving to Ashland to see my dad to go fishing and just before I turn into his neighborhood some guy with a maroon IROC which looks pretty much exactly like my mine drives past me like "who do you think you are getting a car like mine??". So I ask my dad about it and he says that guy bought it 3 weeks ago (got mine 7 months ago) and says he lives on the other side of town. So I say so why did he give me that look? He says that he talked to him about me and told him I was coming to town a week ago which was the look I got not the who are you. So I guess Im going to have to talk to the guy sometime. Which brings up the question is he on the site?
'87IROCZOWNER69 is offline  
Old 09-14-2010, 09:17 PM
  #28  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 138
Car: 1988 Camaro IROC T-Top
Engine: 350ci TPI
Transmission: TH-350
Axle/Gears: 4.11 Posi
Re: Nebraska people!

Unfortunatly a lot of car owners aren't sure how to change a tire, and some just don't want to change or mess with their baby. Good thing about our cars is that most owners have them because it was their first, they really like them, or its a cheap race car haha.
Zipacna is offline  
Old 10-26-2010, 08:51 PM
  #29  
Supreme Member
iTrader: (1)
 
'87IROCZOWNER69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 1,088
Car: 1987 IROC-Z, 98 GTP, 00 Intrepid
Engine: 5.7 350 V8, 3.8 SC, and 3.5 HO swap
Transmission: 700R4 Automatic Transmission
Axle/Gears: 3.27 Posi
Re: Nebraska people!

Originally Posted by Zipacna View Post
Thats near me, but I don't think I've ever seen you. I've seen several black primer third gens. One was a 83-84 style
In what general area do you live around that way I can keep an eye out for your talon and your Camaro in the spring!
'87IROCZOWNER69 is offline  
Old 10-26-2010, 10:45 PM
  #30  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 138
Car: 1988 Camaro IROC T-Top
Engine: 350ci TPI
Transmission: TH-350
Axle/Gears: 4.11 Posi
Re: Nebraska people!

I live near elk horn, but I spend most of my time in Millard, I just need to move there haha.
The talon is black cherry it used to be my dads then my brothers, now its mine.. and the Camaro isn't painted yet. Though I am thinking blue or black maybe?? I kind of want to add some pink in somewhere

My twin brother drives the cars sometimes, but he is going off to college hopefully next spring so then it will just be me. I am a girl btw, and YES I built the car myself! Very little assistance was needed. Lol.
Zipacna is offline  
Old 10-27-2010, 12:14 AM
  #31  
Supreme Member
iTrader: (1)
 
'87IROCZOWNER69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 1,088
Car: 1987 IROC-Z, 98 GTP, 00 Intrepid
Engine: 5.7 350 V8, 3.8 SC, and 3.5 HO swap
Transmission: 700R4 Automatic Transmission
Axle/Gears: 3.27 Posi
Re: Nebraska people!

Originally Posted by Zipacna View Post
I live near elk horn, but I spend most of my time in Millard, I just need to move there haha.
The talon is black cherry it used to be my dads then my brothers, now its mine.. and the Camaro isn't painted yet. Though I am thinking blue or black maybe?? I kind of want to add some pink in somewhere

My twin brother drives the cars sometimes, but he is going off to college hopefully next spring so then it will just be me. I am a girl btw, and YES I built the car myself! Very little assistance was needed. Lol.
Thanks for clearing that up as that definatly explains the whole pink thing. Also good job on building the car dont see many girls (or women) building sports cars anymore! Wait so your waiting for your brother to got to college so that makes you what 16-18 years old?
'87IROCZOWNER69 is offline  
Old 10-27-2010, 12:20 AM
  #32  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 138
Car: 1988 Camaro IROC T-Top
Engine: 350ci TPI
Transmission: TH-350
Axle/Gears: 4.11 Posi
Re: Nebraska people!

Originally Posted by '87IROCZOWNER69 View Post
Thanks for clearing that up as that definatly explains the whole pink thing. Also good job on building the car dont see many girls (or women) building sports cars anymore! Wait so your waiting for your brother to got to college so that makes you what 16-18 years old?

Haha I bet you were concerned for a second. Thanks! I get help on the big heavy stuff, but I'm definitely not a little girl either. PM me if you want to exchange facebooks or something.

We have the same birthday, we're 19. I am deciding on school and he is at metro for the time being. I'm not really waiting, but he does drive my stuff sometimes and looks somewhat like me so I didn't want to freak anyone out thinking he stole it or I had a man suit or something.
Zipacna is offline  
Old 10-27-2010, 12:36 AM
  #33  
Supreme Member
iTrader: (1)
 
'87IROCZOWNER69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 1,088
Car: 1987 IROC-Z, 98 GTP, 00 Intrepid
Engine: 5.7 350 V8, 3.8 SC, and 3.5 HO swap
Transmission: 700R4 Automatic Transmission
Axle/Gears: 3.27 Posi
Re: Nebraska people!

Originally Posted by Zipacna View Post
Haha I bet you were concerned for a second. Thanks! I get help on the big heavy stuff, but I'm definitely not a little girl either. PM me if you want to exchange facebooks or something.

We have the same birthday, we're 19. I am deciding on school and he is at metro for the time being. I'm not really waiting, but he does drive my stuff sometimes and looks somewhat like me so I didn't want to freak anyone out thinking he stole it or I had a man suit or something.
So you and your brother are twins then? We arent too far off in the age group wise I'm 16. I hope I didnt have you thinking I'm some sort of creepy old man or something like that!
'87IROCZOWNER69 is offline  
Old 10-27-2010, 12:39 AM
  #34  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 138
Car: 1988 Camaro IROC T-Top
Engine: 350ci TPI
Transmission: TH-350
Axle/Gears: 4.11 Posi
Re: Nebraska people!

Yeah didn't I say twin bro earlier? Thats how I usually introduce him, I think its kind of interesting, the whole concept. Anyway, yeah thats cool, so is this your first car?

No your sig says fastest at school so I figured under 18
Zipacna is offline  
Old 10-27-2010, 01:05 AM
  #35  
Supreme Member
iTrader: (1)
 
'87IROCZOWNER69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 1,088
Car: 1987 IROC-Z, 98 GTP, 00 Intrepid
Engine: 5.7 350 V8, 3.8 SC, and 3.5 HO swap
Transmission: 700R4 Automatic Transmission
Axle/Gears: 3.27 Posi
Re: Nebraska people!

Originally Posted by Zipacna View Post
Yeah didn't I say twin bro earlier? Thats how I usually introduce him, I think its kind of interesting, the whole concept. Anyway, yeah thats cool, so is this your first car?

No your sig says fastest at school so I figured under 18
You probably did I sometimes miss details when I read things a little too fast.

Yes its my first car which made it easier for me to be able to drive it without any of the getting used to the controls and power of the car. I drove around my moms mustang when I was first starting to drive and one day I gunned it around a corner slid almost completely sideways and was able to pull it under control without hitting the curb or another car. That is when my mom and I knew I was almost born to drive muscle cars (well the mustang was a V6 but it doesnt have positrac like the IROC). Plus racing is in the family. Grandpa builds and races motorcycles and my mom had a 65 fastback V8 that she drag raced with in high school along with an ElCamino. Yeah sorry for all the extra talking but thought it would help get my point across. Thats sort of how guys are we need to prove we are right!
'87IROCZOWNER69 is offline  
Old 10-27-2010, 01:23 AM
  #36  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 138
Car: 1988 Camaro IROC T-Top
Engine: 350ci TPI
Transmission: TH-350
Axle/Gears: 4.11 Posi
Re: Nebraska people!

Originally Posted by '87IROCZOWNER69 View Post
You probably did I sometimes miss details when I read things a little too fast.

Yes its my first car which made it easier for me to be able to drive it without any of the getting used to the controls and power of the car. I drove around my moms mustang when I was first starting to drive and one day I gunned it around a corner slid almost completely sideways and was able to pull it under control without hitting the curb or another car. That is when my mom and I knew I was almost born to drive muscle cars (well the mustang was a V6 but it doesnt have positrac like the IROC). Plus racing is in the family. Grandpa builds and races motorcycles and my mom had a 65 fastback V8 that she drag raced with in high school along with an ElCamino. Yeah sorry for all the extra talking but thought it would help get my point across. Thats sort of how guys are we need to prove we are right!
I love my thirdgen, but its so slippy slidey around even with the posi. Its got enough power to boss around those 11" tires.

The only thing I have trouble with is parking it and stuff. That super long hood makes it hard.

My dream car is like a 71 or 72 roadrunner.
Zipacna is offline  
Old 10-30-2010, 11:20 PM
  #37  
Moderator
iTrader: (14)
 
five7kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Littleton, CO USA
Posts: 43,126
Car: 82 Berlinetta/57 Bel Air
Engine: LS1/LQ4
Transmission: 4L60E/4L80E
Axle/Gears: 12B-3.73/9"-3.89
I suppose now isn't a good time to say, "How 'bout them Huskers?"
five7kid is offline  
Old 11-01-2010, 12:34 AM
  #38  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 138
Car: 1988 Camaro IROC T-Top
Engine: 350ci TPI
Transmission: TH-350
Axle/Gears: 4.11 Posi
Re: Nebraska people!

Originally Posted by five7kid View Post
I suppose now isn't a good time to say, "How 'bout them Huskers?"
Haha all I know is, a husker take the skin off of corn...

Whats a sports??? lol
Zipacna is offline  
Old 01-11-2011, 10:25 PM
  #39  
Supreme Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 1,045
Car: 1988 Firebird, 2000 GTP
Engine: 327
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 9" posi, 4.11
Re: Nebraska people!

Originally Posted by ht4100 View Post
I'm in Lincoln, mine isn't really on the road that much. but I just got a WC T5 to swap out my automatic doing some modifications to it again. Hopefully it will handle the TPI 383!

I got my 86 in 2001, and at that time there were some thirdgen's on the road, some of them were daily drivers. Anymore though, they're few and far between, at least in Lincoln. I did see a pretty worn out 82-84 base body style one with some young kids in it today.
I'm in Lincoln as well. I'm sure I've seen you around. Were you ever at Sonic on 48th back in the day, or Culvers(70th)? I have not been out since those two had gatherings.
TZFBird is offline  
Old 01-11-2011, 10:36 PM
  #40  
Junior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lincoln Nebraska
Posts: 71
Car: 86 Z28, 86 Seville, 98 Isuzu Rodeo
Engine: 383, HT4100, & 3.2 V6
Transmission: World Class T-5
Axle/Gears: G92 3.23
Re: Nebraska people!

Originally Posted by TZFBird View Post
I'm in Lincoln as well. I'm sure I've seen you around. Were you ever at Sonic on 48th back in the day, or Culvers(70th)? I have not been out since those two had gatherings.
Yeah, i used to go to those a few years ago. I took the black and gold one, or the 89 burgundy iroc i had at the time. You got an 88 firebird?
ht4100 is offline  
Old 01-11-2011, 10:53 PM
  #41  
Senior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
92z28camarokid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Camdenton, Mo/ St. Joseph, Mo
Posts: 586
Car: 97 Cummins 92 CamaroZ28, 94 GSXR750
Engine: Modded 5.9 , carbed sbc358, modded
Transmission: Nv4500, 700R4 (for now)
Axle/Gears: stock
Re: Nebraska people!

Hey everyone the names Coltin, I drive an Atomic Orange Z28 with a carbed sbc358". I was born in Omaha but grew up in a small town about 30mins outside called Missouri Valley, IA. or MoValley. I plan on making some trips up that way before summer to visit some friends. Ill probaly be spending most my time around the downtown area and around UNO campus if Im not in MV. Im goin to school at Missouri Western State University in St. Joseph, MO which is about 2-3hrs from omaha so its not a huge trip. If any of you are wanting to come to the Magic Dragon Street Meet Nationals down in lake of the ozarks let me know. You can meet me in St. Joe and we will convoy down there. Should be a good time.
92z28camarokid is offline  
Old 01-12-2011, 10:05 AM
  #42  
Supreme Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 1,045
Car: 1988 Firebird, 2000 GTP
Engine: 327
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 9" posi, 4.11
Re: Nebraska people!

Originally Posted by ht4100 View Post
Yeah, i used to go to those a few years ago. I took the black and gold one, or the 89 burgundy iroc i had at the time. You got an 88 firebird?
Yeah, still have it. First I rebuilt the trans... took forever. Then I swapped rearends... also forever. Then the engine... forever again. Finally I'm tuning... guess how long.
Forever is about a year maybe more. I'm getting a bit tired of it since other things are butting in. I'm hoping to get it going good for spring and get a lot more seat time assuming gas isn't outrageous.
I'm hoping to make it to the North Culvers on Fridays since I'm about 3 minutes from it now.
TZFBird is offline  
Old 01-12-2011, 07:02 PM
  #43  
Junior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lincoln Nebraska
Posts: 71
Car: 86 Z28, 86 Seville, 98 Isuzu Rodeo
Engine: 383, HT4100, & 3.2 V6
Transmission: World Class T-5
Axle/Gears: G92 3.23
Re: Nebraska people!

Originally Posted by TZFBird View Post
Yeah, still have it. First I rebuilt the trans... took forever. Then I swapped rearends... also forever. Then the engine... forever again. Finally I'm tuning... guess how long.
Forever is about a year maybe more. I'm getting a bit tired of it since other things are butting in. I'm hoping to get it going good for spring and get a lot more seat time assuming gas isn't outrageous.
I'm hoping to make it to the North Culvers on Fridays since I'm about 3 minutes from it now.
I don't remember seeing your's but I'm in the same boat as you, I swapped out the 305 for a 383 we built and put TPI on it back in 06, it needs a bigger intake, runners, dyno tuning, etc. The following summer I upgraded the rear end, and now we are in the middle of a 5 speed trans swap right now, and i still haven't gotten around to the intake stuff and tuning, it runs ok, but needs tuned for the new engine. I bought a house in 07 and other things seem to get in the way too. I hoping to have trans done soon and hopefully finally get the intake stuff done in spring. I haven't driven the car very much in the past 4-5 years due to it needing tuned, unfortunately.
ht4100 is offline  
Old 01-13-2011, 04:13 PM
  #44  
Supreme Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 1,045
Car: 1988 Firebird, 2000 GTP
Engine: 327
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 9" posi, 4.11
Re: Nebraska people!

Well, as soon as you get that done let me know. I need a reason to hit the road for a couple hours some day. At least as soon as I get another set of gears setup with the 3.23s instead of 4.11s.
TZFBird is offline  
Old 01-14-2011, 01:25 AM
  #45  
Supreme Member
iTrader: (1)
 
'87IROCZOWNER69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 1,088
Car: 1987 IROC-Z, 98 GTP, 00 Intrepid
Engine: 5.7 350 V8, 3.8 SC, and 3.5 HO swap
Transmission: 700R4 Automatic Transmission
Axle/Gears: 3.27 Posi
Re: Nebraska people!

Originally Posted by 92z28camarokid View Post
Hey everyone the names Coltin, I drive an Atomic Orange Z28 with a carbed sbc358". I was born in Omaha but grew up in a small town about 30mins outside called Missouri Valley, IA. or MoValley. I plan on making some trips up that way before summer to visit some friends. Ill probaly be spending most my time around the downtown area and around UNO campus if Im not in MV. Im goin to school at Missouri Western State University in St. Joseph, MO which is about 2-3hrs from omaha so its not a huge trip. If any of you are wanting to come to the Magic Dragon Street Meet Nationals down in lake of the ozarks let me know. You can meet me in St. Joe and we will convoy down there. Should be a good time.
I'm familiar with the Missouri Valley area considering how that is where I picked my Iroc up from. Got it from the Woodhouse Chevy dealership because the previous owner (after owning the car for well over 15 years) decided he wanted a brand new Mustang. Not going to be able to make it to the Magic Dragon as I looked it up and it's about a 6 hour drive.
'87IROCZOWNER69 is offline  
Old 02-06-2011, 09:43 PM
  #46  
Senior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
92z28camarokid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Camdenton, Mo/ St. Joseph, Mo
Posts: 586
Car: 97 Cummins 92 CamaroZ28, 94 GSXR750
Engine: Modded 5.9 , carbed sbc358, modded
Transmission: Nv4500, 700R4 (for now)
Axle/Gears: stock
Re: Nebraska people!

Lol I've made it in 4.45hrs the things you do for women! Lol get a couple people to come and make a convoy. I can meet up with you guys when you reach st joseph, maybe pick up a couple more f bodies and a built fox body. There are atleast 5 thirdgens going to be there and two have LSX swaps
92z28camarokid is offline  
Old 02-12-2011, 01:38 AM
  #47  
Member
 
Poppa Chubby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 324
Car: Vert IROC Camaro
Engine: 355ci
Transmission: T-5
Axle/Gears: 9-bolt w/3.45s
Re: Nebraska people!

I'm in Omaha but my IROC is in storage in Wisconsin. Which blows. But such is life.
Poppa Chubby is offline  
Old 02-12-2011, 01:55 AM
  #48  
Supreme Member
iTrader: (1)
 
'87IROCZOWNER69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 1,088
Car: 1987 IROC-Z, 98 GTP, 00 Intrepid
Engine: 5.7 350 V8, 3.8 SC, and 3.5 HO swap
Transmission: 700R4 Automatic Transmission
Axle/Gears: 3.27 Posi
Re: Nebraska people!

Originally Posted by Poppa Chubby View Post
I'm in Omaha but my IROC is in storage in Wisconsin. Which blows. But such is life.
It's supposed to be in the 50s and 60s this week! That sucks...for you! I will pull mine out when the snow melts. So are you visiting or what?
'87IROCZOWNER69 is offline  
Old 02-13-2011, 06:38 PM
  #49  
Supreme Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 1,045
Car: 1988 Firebird, 2000 GTP
Engine: 327
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 9" posi, 4.11
Re: Nebraska people!

I thought about taking a drive this week. I need to get the old gas out of it. There's only one way to do that though. A spirited drive to/from work is never a bad thing.
TZFBird is offline  
Old 02-14-2011, 12:42 AM
  #50  
Supreme Member
iTrader: (1)
 
'87IROCZOWNER69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 1,088
Car: 1987 IROC-Z, 98 GTP, 00 Intrepid
Engine: 5.7 350 V8, 3.8 SC, and 3.5 HO swap
Transmission: 700R4 Automatic Transmission
Axle/Gears: 3.27 Posi
Re: Nebraska people!

Originally Posted by TZFBird View Post
I thought about taking a drive this week. I need to get the old gas out of it. There's only one way to do that though. A spirited drive to/from work is never a bad thing.
Just make sure you do it before Friday!
http://www.wowt.com/weather/misc/111262594.html

Or according to this before Saturday night. For once I hope KETV is right.
http://www.ketv.com/weather/grid.htm...me%3D7%2520Day
'87IROCZOWNER69 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nebraska people!


Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: