NW Indiana and South Chicago Suburb Looking for club members to have gatherings, cruises, and to help each other out.

Who wants the GM supplier discount?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 02:58 AM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: yy wife, crazy.
Engine: 350, Vortecs, 650DP
Transmission: TH-350
Axle/Gears: 8.5", 3.42
Who wants the GM supplier discount?

Until Nov. 1st I’m able to give any 1 person (meaning 1 person, not anybody) my GM supplier discount.

I’ve already offered this to family, friends, the car club I’m in, and since none of them have responded I’m offering it here.

What’s this mean?

I work for BASF, a company that supplies GM with the paint they use on their cars. I’m able to get a discount on GM cars, trucks, and vans.

For some reason GM is being nice and allowing me to give the discount to any 1 person I choose. I don’t need it so I thought maybe someone here can use it.

Keep in mind that the savings revolve around what you buy, based on price and vehicle.

For instance,

A Corvette will qualify. A ZO6 probably won’t.
An S-10 or Colorado will. An SSR probably won’t.
A Cavalier will. A Z24 will. A brand new Cobalt may not.

A $15K Cavalier will probably get you a discount of $300-$800
A $35K ½ ton will probably get you a discount of $1000-$4000

All rebates still apply. The only thing that doesn’t is GM Card earnings.

Just to give you an idea.
A guy I work with just bought a new ‘04 Z71 for $26K that had a sticker price of $35K. He saved ~$4K from the supplier discount, then another $5K in rebates. Sweet deal.

Please don’t waste my time asking what the specific savings are. I don’t know. Only the dealerships do. You have to see if they’ll tell you even if you don’t have an authorization number yet.

If they don’t you’re SOL. As I said, I can only give this to 1 person. If you were to get the authorization number from me, find out you only get a $300 rebate on a Malibu and decide that’s not enough to buy one, you just ruined a chance for someone else to get the discount.

So, make sure it’s well worth your time and mine. If you waste my time and the authorization number and end up fu-cking it away, you WILL pay me back one way or another. I’m not kidding.

Email me or post here and we’ll talk about it.
aj_92rs@yahoo.com

Here’s a link to all the GM rebates offered right now.

http://gmbuypower.com/currentOffers.bp?

One more thing.

You only qualify to be worth my time if ....

1.) You've been a member here before today. If you register after today don't bother.

2.) If you live within a reasonable distance from me. If you live in Cali, NY, Texas or Florida, tuff ****. I don't want to give a specific milage range from me, but a think a max of ~150 miles would be reasonable. Maybe more depending on circumstances. But you get the idea.

3.) I prefer that you have good credit history. If you don’t, and aren’t sure if you’ll even qualify for a loan for a car, don’t waste my time. I have ways of finding out. If we get that far we’ll do what’s needed. Again, this could jeopardize the chance of someone else using the authorization number if you aren’t approved for a loan.

Keep in mind that I’m not really an a-hole. Sorry if I come across as one. The fact is I don’t have to offer this to any of you. I’m doing this out of the kindness of my heart. I will not be made a fool, therefore I have the right to be a ***** about who I choose.

If any of you think “What an ***. Why would I even want to go through the trouble?”, then that’s a good indication I’d rather not give you the authorization code anyway. And I won’t lose any sleep if nobody uses it. I could give a rat’s ***. I just figured “What the hell? Maybe I’ll be nice for once.”

Once again, if you really would use this, and have a good chance of being able to use it (not a credit bum), email me. There's a lot of money just waiting to be saved by someone.
Old 10-10-2004, 05:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: '85 Camaro
Engine: LG4 305
Transmission: T-5
Isn't there a different discount setup depending on whether you order or take a car off the lot? I seem to remember that if you order you get ther pick of the litter because it doesn't count against ther dealer's inventory, but you get less ofa deal if you buy from the lot.

Too bad I don't qualify... I would love to get my hands on a STi or GTO (Saabs and Subarus count too you know...)

Jason
Old 10-10-2004, 10:24 PM
Supreme Member

I have no idea. The statements you made would fall under
Please don’t waste my time asking what the specific savings are. I don’t know. Only the dealerships do.

I do know that Saab and Subaru handle the discounts differently, but how? I have no idea.
Old 10-11-2004, 01:22 PM

Car: 00 Trans Am/89 IROC
Engine: LS1/L98
Transmission: 4L60/700R4
Would my girlfriend be ok?
She just bought a new Colorado but she's gonna take it back and get a Silverado.
Old 10-11-2004, 08:00 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by Dano 00TA
Would my girlfriend be ok?
She just bought a new Colorado but she's gonna take it back and get a Silverado.
Email me with the details.

The only problem I see there is her being buried in her Colorado. The value is probably way lower than the payoff on the loan now that it's a used truck.

Talk to the dealer and see if, by using the GM supplier discount along with rebates if they can get her done.

If so, I'm game. That's why I'm offering this.
Old 10-12-2004, 11:44 AM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1989 Camaro IROC-Z
Engine: L98 350 TPI
Transmission: Built TH-700 R4 (Vilgilante 2800)
Axle/Gears: 9 bolt w/ PBR's
Does this apply to used cars also?

Kevin
Old 10-12-2004, 05:25 PM

Car: 87 Firebird - Blue - Work in progress
Engine: 305 / 4bbl / No mods - yet.
Transmission: 700R4
I believe the supplier discount is the same for all of GM's suppliers. Using that assumption, here is what I know from using the GMSD... (Bought my 03 Truck this way as my company is a supplier too.)

-For every vehicle, the price is pre-determined. No price haggeling.
- It is lower than invoice, but not quite as deep if you worked for GM.
- Buying a demo does not give you a deeper discount, nor will they deduct mileage costs.
- It is for new cars only.
- I believe it is the same for lease as well.
- All rebates apply after the discount, so that is cool too!
- Must take from dealer stock - no orders. (I am not sure about dealer trades, though.)

As I said, this is from my experience. Your experience may vary. Hope this helps.
Old 10-13-2004, 04:10 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1989 Camaro IROC-Z
Engine: L98 350 TPI
Transmission: Built TH-700 R4 (Vilgilante 2800)
Axle/Gears: 9 bolt w/ PBR's
I know what you are talking about now. Thats how we got our Grand Prix. My grandma worked for GM years ago and she still gets this "discount" and it also is passed on to there children being my dad. Its a pretty good deal they have. The Invoice our new 2000 Grand Prix was 22,222, and with the discount we got it for 18,000. Not bad if you ask me. I just hope this thing is still avalible when I want to buy a New car.

Kevin
Old 10-13-2004, 09:01 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by gusman
-For every vehicle, the price is pre-determined. No price haggeling.
Right

- It is lower than invoice, but not quite as deep if you worked for GM.
The two cars I got price quotes on were not below invoice. That was a Cavalier, a Pontiac Vibe, and then the guy I mentioned about the Z71 wasn't either.

The prices were just slightly above invoice though. Not much.

- Buying a demo does not give you a deeper discount, nor will they deduct mileage costs.
Right. That's because the factory warranty starts from the milage that's on the car when you buy it. So if the car/truck has 2,000 miles on the OD, then the warranty is good until the OD reads 38,000 miles.

- It is for new cars only.
Yep

- I believe it is the same for lease as well.
I don't know. That's a possibility, and would be cool as hell if it's true.

- All rebates apply after the discount, so that is cool too!
VERY cool!!

- Must take from dealer stock - no orders. (I am not sure about dealer trades, though.)
Actually, I read a little deeper into that and it does apply to orders. I'll have to get the details on it though.

As I said, this is from my experience. Your experience may vary. Hope this helps.
Help always helps.
Old 10-13-2004, 09:22 PM
Supreme Member

Ordered vehicles do qualify IF the dealer you're working with will do that for you. Here's a disclaimer I found that mentions the Saturns can't be ordered, but I didn't find anything else that said other vehicles couldn't.

If the dealer you visit is not willing to sell you a vehicle under the GM Vehicle Purchase Program, you may visit another GM Dealer. Dealer participation is voluntary.Dealers are not required to participate in the GM Vehicle Purchase Program. To determine a specific dealer’s willingness to sell vehicles under The Programs, you must contact the dealer directly.During the initial dealer inventory buildup when new models are introduced, and from time to time thereafter, it may be necessary for GM to restrict purchase under The Programs on certain models. Dealers can provide information with respect to any such restrictions in effect. Saturn vehicles cannot be ordered at a discount under The Programs, although they may be taken out of dealer stock at the predetermined discount. Other vehicle restrictions may also apply; for full details,please check with your local dealer.
Actually, here's a link to the .pdf file. I don't know if it'll work for anyone, but if it does, I'm assuming I won't get into trouble for showing it to you.

If I'm not supposed to show anyone the link won't work, right?

https://www.gmsupplierdiscount.com/p...SVPP_randg.pdf

Last edited by AJ_92RS; 10-13-2004 at 09:26 PM.